test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Owlbear Cub!

masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
I'm on the xbox version...I'm trying to find out if Owlbear Cub companion from the next lock box will be a game changer for HR's....but like most things about this game it's hard to find :/

I don't play a HR, but I know you can cast an encounter in under 1 second indefinitely. So it seems like it should add up to tremendous amount of damage.

Comments

• Options
    jaskarianjaskarian Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have an owlbear cub with my SW hr. I havnt gone for a crit build but stacked power and ap. With the cub and with twin blade I am actually hitting around the same numbers as I did with a crit build. I guess it's just personal play style seems to make a little difference unless you like big orange numbers
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    The damage from Owlbear doesn't scale with buffs. This means that - soloing - it's percentage of your damage is quite good, depening on your crit, of course. But when you step into something like Tiamat or Demogorgon, the percentage drops spectacularly. It's been as low as 1-2%.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    Well that is disappointing. Did you both change your entire build or just pretty much just slap the Owlbear on? And by change entire build, I'm talking changing Lostmauth Set to Imperial Dragon set. Race Reroll to maximize Dex and minimize Wisdom. Change Sigil of the Controller/Lantern (assuming you ran either of them) for probably Kessels's Sphere and Sigil of the GWF (will have lost 2000arp from lostmauth set).

Also, does Wheel of Elements (Fire) allow for the Owlbear damage to be multipled by 30%?
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    On my HR, I did not switch up the entire build. The reason is quite simple, really. Considering Thorned Roots is still such a big part of my DPS - and roots crit - it seems very unlikely the Cub will outperform Crit + Vorpal. Now, I don't have hard numbers on this, but I don't think I'm far off. I'll have a little play session on Preview later this week to back it up.

Add to that the fact that Lostmauth + Careful Attack is such a high damage combination, reliant on crit, just like some of our feats, I didn't really feel like reinventing my HR.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Glad I bought the rosegold ring instead, I was almost gonna buy an owlbear a week ago.

Btw. Chickens are crazy cheap right now.
    No idea what my toon is now.