test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Your opinion on new Shadowclad Enchantment (for devs; pre mod9 popped)

userutf8userutf8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 270 Arc User
edited March 2016 in PvP Discussion
According to https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9847103 new Shadowclad Enchantment is going live on next module...
When you reply, name your main class, please.
ATTENTION: THIS POLL WAS STARTED BEFORE MOD 9 POPPED. If you wanna share your current opinion, vote in the following topic, please: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1214052/your-opinion-on-new-shadowclad-enchantment-for-devs-mod9-is-live
ABSOLUTE
Post edited by userutf8 on

Your opinion on new Shadowclad Enchantment (for devs; pre mod9 popped) 74 votes

Fine Enchantment. I like it and I will try to obtain it asap via grinding CN and getting more AD.
27%
whitestaruadrkbodhiarcofortep12clonkyo1pauliusxasmstrssihrmamalion1234euronymousmpando83naciakisomeonediesetelgrinxgrandz02doudoulelieurlord283jhpnwblinxontheslotharmy#3268telele123#7361romanpimp#7593 20 votes
Fine Enchantment. I like it, I will buy some zen with real money to get more coalescent wards/shards/smops/etc to obtain it asap.
9%
martianmnhunteraltumaasbenskix2gu3stometalldjtindylolellis#3297 7 votes
Horrible Enchantment. It completely destroys PVP. I consider quitting the game if it goes live with those stats without being toned down.
25%
slicey970xryoshinettegankdalf#8991hedgebetl0ll13skweassauserutf8irfaana14nrevovlerjesus1ltgamesttv#0999btfdzeusomschietindebuxx4yyyqimimbenraidermkkatrina913#2530superent666 19 votes
Horrible Enchantment. It damages PVP. But I will try to get it asap via grinding CN and getting more AD.
2%
drakkon5fatguns 2 votes
Horrible Enchantment. It damages PVP. But I will try to get it asap via paying real money.
1%
daniloslv 1 vote
I don't care. I will do PVP with the current enchant I have, it works fine for me.
18%
santralafaxdll32exeboltzmann42kozi001demonmongergrimahlonewolfmk1flehstifferfrozenfirevrszejhuludpuchaczfastrean3jonkocasomarrahebpuravidacr 14 votes
I don't care. I don't do PVP.
14%
urabaskwardenpowerscptgiakisakeeulvieljasman23primaxal1foxxy#4211milkyguymalabogpigfeedermrderpherpin#5732 11 votes

Comments

• Options
    daniloslvdaniloslv Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Horrible Enchantment. It damages PVP. But I will try to get it asap via paying real money.
    I think that now is good time for them to buff Frost enchant.

Frost Enchantment:
    Transcendent: You deal an additional 16% of weapon damage as Cold damage with every swing, reduces player foe's Recovery by 35% or disables non-player foes for 4 seconds, and reduces foe Deflection by 35%. This lasts 4 seconds and cannot be applied more than once every 20 seconds.
    Leliana - Healer DC
    Leliana C.W. - Opressor CW
    Lelian O.P. - Bulwark Paladin
  • Options
    ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Horrible Enchantment. It completely destroys PVP. I consider quitting the game if it goes live with those stats without being toned down.

*edit. I was informed by some guildmates about stacks "expiring" once an attack is deflected. This may have a very large impact on the effects of this enchant. Particularly in terms of low deflect characters getting much better usage out of this enchant, especially against DoTs. Most importantly enchants like this need to be tested by the community before being allowed into the live gaming environment. Please allow us the opportunity to do so.
    Post edited by ltgamesttv#0999 on
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    daniloslvdaniloslv Member Posts: 99 Arc User

Not only that but deflect counters CC so CC classes will be even weaker.. RIP CW, RIP HR.

Devs hate CC. Elven Battle wasn't enough for them. They had to create a new enchant that will negate CC and provide great defence. RIP my Opressor.

Leliana - Healer DC
    Leliana C.W. - Opressor CW
    Lelian O.P. - Bulwark Paladin
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I have no clue on the overall impact on PVP, but worth noting that the effect falling off after a deflect is a rather big catch. It makes the ench worse for players with already big deflect ratings and I don't think you will get to max stacks that often.

If you deflect the wrong hit, you will end up with less DR against the next big hit than Negation would provide.
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    Fine Enchantment. I like it, I will buy some zen with real money to get more coalescent wards/shards/smops/etc to obtain it asap.
    "When receiving damage each hit stacks a 10% increase to your Deflection rating and a 4% increase to your Damage Resistance for 8 seconds.
    This effect can stack a maximum of 8 times and expires when you successfully Deflect.

When you successfully deflect an attack with 8 stacks of Shadowclad, your armor has a 100% chance to Daze nearby foes for 1 second and places you in Stealth for 4 seconds.
    This effect cannot happen more than once every 30 seconds. "

Notice the part in bold. Deflecting an attack is supposed to clear the stacks, so I don't see how it's going to be possible to ever get to 8 stacks and have the daze and stealth part happen. The RNG would have to decide that you did not deflect an attack with an additional 70% deflect to ever get to the 8th stack, so if you already have at least 30% deflect it wouldn't even be possible.
  • Options
    benskix2 said:

"When receiving damage each hit stacks a 10% increase to your Deflection rating and a 4% increase to your Damage Resistance for 8 seconds.
    This effect can stack a maximum of 8 times and expires when you successfully Deflect.

When you successfully deflect an attack with 8 stacks of Shadowclad, your armor has a 100% chance to Daze nearby foes for 1 second and places you in Stealth for 4 seconds.
    This effect cannot happen more than once every 30 seconds. "

Notice the part in bold. Deflecting an attack is supposed to clear the stacks, so I don't see how it's going to be possible to ever get to 8 stacks and have the daze and stealth part happen. The RNG would have to decide that you did not deflect an attack with an additional 70% deflect to ever get to the 8th stack, so if you already have at least 30% deflect it wouldn't even be possible.

Possibly, as I said, with that statement added (which it was added, not part of the original enchant description) it changes things. However I still have 2 or 3 issues with it. 1) Cryptics tooltips are notoriously buggy and non descript. 2) It's interesting that just as new enchants are coming out (demonic, Shadowclad, and Dread (not yet mentioned)) that they remove pres wards and coal wards from the tarmalune trade bar store (and some are complaining they're not getting coals from coffers as much)... CHA CHING! $$$ here comes the Zen 3) We've not seen these tested to determine their actual effects... that can be dangerous.

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

Guys these enchantments are an obvious attempt to get us to purchase more coalescent wards to get BIS enchants. 80% Deflect, 32% DR, 4 seconds of stealth and a stun? WHY? Like seriously Devs what are you doing? You guys don't just cause power creep, it's like power leaps and bounds. Do you guys even look at what this stuff will do or just wait for the angry feedback to come in?

Stealth is WAAAYYY overused already with your (still not WAI because it's not partial) ambush stealth rings but that's not enough. Let's add armor that gives stealth as well. 80% deflect? You guys trying to make every class a TR? What will that give TRs? 160% deflect if they build for it? Not only that but deflect counters CC so CC classes will be even weaker.. RIP CW, RIP HR.

Then you might as well toss in a trans negation.... AND YOU DO?!? Just LOL man, seriously if this goes in like this PVP will be completely laughable... even more so than now. Please consider carefully what you introduce, run it by the players, have them take Trans enchants and test them, give you feedback. Don't release these enchants like this.

Thanks for your time.

*edit. I was informed by some guildmates about stacks "expiring" once an attack is deflected. This may have a very large impact on the effects of this enchant. Particularly in terms of low deflect characters getting much better usage out of this enchant, especially against DoTs. Most importantly enchants like this need to be tested by the community before being allowed into the live gaming environment. Please allow us the opportunity to do so.

@tolkienbuff
    i see it differently. Its overpowered as **** on classes without deflect.
    its 10% for stack of deflect RATING. Not actual % deflect.
    for example my tr with 65% deflect would hardly stack any of those stacks hence for my classes which heavely rely on deflect that enchantments is pretty useless.
    On a dc with 0 deflect is better than negation.
    i was considering to buy one but if stacks go to 0 upon a successful deflect hit...well it sucks.. hard.
    the daze+stealth part is overkill tho.
  • Options
    daniloslv said:

Not only that but deflect counters CC so CC classes will be even weaker.. RIP CW, RIP HR.

Devs hate CC. Elven Battle wasn't enough for them. They had to create a new enchant that will negate CC and provide great defence. RIP my Opressor.

Its RATING! if you have 7k deflect is going to had full stack (remotely possible with 7k deflect) 7k*.8 =5600 deflect which is 14% deflect.

The point is you have to stack deflect to make the 80% more rating usefull but your changes to have 8 stacks are steadily going to zero.
  • Options
    rayrdan said:

Guys these enchantments are an obvious attempt to get us to purchase more coalescent wards to get BIS enchants. 80% Deflect, 32% DR, 4 seconds of stealth and a stun? WHY? Like seriously Devs what are you doing? You guys don't just cause power creep, it's like power leaps and bounds. Do you guys even look at what this stuff will do or just wait for the angry feedback to come in?

Stealth is WAAAYYY overused already with your (still not WAI because it's not partial) ambush stealth rings but that's not enough. Let's add armor that gives stealth as well. 80% deflect? You guys trying to make every class a TR? What will that give TRs? 160% deflect if they build for it? Not only that but deflect counters CC so CC classes will be even weaker.. RIP CW, RIP HR.

Then you might as well toss in a trans negation.... AND YOU DO?!? Just LOL man, seriously if this goes in like this PVP will be completely laughable... even more so than now. Please consider carefully what you introduce, run it by the players, have them take Trans enchants and test them, give you feedback. Don't release these enchants like this.

Thanks for your time.

@tolkienbuff
    i see it differently. Its overpowered as **** on classes without deflect.
    its 10% for stack of deflect RATING. Not actual % deflect.
    for example my tr with 65% deflect would hardly stack any of those stacks hence for my classes which heavely rely on deflect that enchantments is pretty useless.
    On a dc with 0 deflect is better than negation.
    i was considering to buy one but if stacks go to 0 upon a successful deflect hit...well it sucks.. hard.
    the daze+stealth part is overkill tho.
    We were having this discussion as well man, but rating is non descript, it doesn't say whether it's directly percentage or percentage of stat, this is yet again further proof that tooltips don't always describe what they do very well. What I always ask of the devs is let the community test it before you just plop it down and see what happens. I don't know why this is an issue honestly, like why wouldn't you welcome clear feedback on new items... it's free beta testing after all lol

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    well i dont know how it looks in game but on reddit weeks ago and now on the blog it clearly states rating for the deflect component.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    I don't care. I will do PVP with the current enchant I have, it works fine for me.
    If it actually does what it says, It doesnt seem overpowered. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

You'd never be able to get the invisibility thing to go off since you need 8 stacks to do it, and it would drop off after each deflect.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Fine Enchantment. I like it and I will try to obtain it asap via grinding CN and getting more AD.
    another poll yet another troll vote;
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    seriously guys,
    you all like this " i'm quitting game' right? i don't like it,so i leave it lol

be happy of new stuff, aren't you tired of the same neg/fey enchant everyday and everywhere....
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    xgrandz02 said:

seriously guys,

be happy of new stuff, aren't you tired of the same neg/fey enchant everyday and everywhere....

Not really because it usually means more AD/ZEN to upgrade. If there are new BIS enchants then everyone has to farm them, upgrade them, get pre/coal wards it's expensive to completely change out your enchants. This is a given. I'd rather have new balanced content, both PVE and PVP than have new enchants to sink my AD into.

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    xgrandz02 said:

seriously guys,

We are tired mostly of broken stuff (including elven) which is not getting fixed but replaced by new even more broken stuff.
    ABSOLUTE
  • Options
    ionvnegativoionvnegativo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    easy all of you, after a month(s) of forum rage, they will balance this introducing more piercing damage.
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User

"1) Cryptics tooltips are notoriously buggy and non descript. 2) It's interesting that just as new enchants are coming out (demonic, Shadowclad, and Dread (not yet mentioned)) that they remove pres wards and coal wards from the tarmalune trade bar store (and some are complaining they're not getting coals from coffers as much)... CHA CHING! $$$ here comes the Zen 3) We've not seen these tested to determine their actual effects... that can be dangerous.

1) That's putting it lightly. 2) Interesting and utterly predictable. 3) Rest assured something will be broken in a way that promotes cash shop purchases, and that it will not be acknowledged or fixed for weeks or months, depending on sales figures.

• Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    that i should use to have 32% dr. i have very low deflect rating that means i always will have the stacks up until i deflect my cw atm has 1.5% deflection chance so.............................. but DONT afraid you can stack penetration to pierce me . ups i forgot and that new boon 60% dr for 3 seconds below 30% hp ? perfect!
    hey and dont say broken because 90% of you are broken drowned shore weapon based on hitpoints? ha.
    AT least i am playing with not stable bonus weapons ( twisted).
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

We were having this discussion as well man, but rating is non descript, it doesn't say whether it's directly percentage or percentage of stat, this is yet again further proof that tooltips don't always describe what they do very well. What I always ask of the devs is let the community test it before you just plop it down and see what happens. I don't know why this is an issue honestly, like why wouldn't you welcome clear feedback on new items... it's free beta testing after all lol

There'd be no need for testing if they just made descriptions clear and used terms consistently, instead of letting every Tom, HAMSTER, and Yen Mao use whatever term they want.

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    i did not read that tooltip about expireing when successflly deflect... smartphone

as far as I know deflect chance 10% is not 10% defeflect rate but who knows
    assuming it will be a +80% deflect at max stacks:

so getting hit with zero deflect you get 10% deflect
    100% --->10% deflect+4% DR
    next step to 20%
    90% ---->20% deflect+8%DR
    having 20% deflect getting 30% it´s 9/10 x 8/10
    72% ----> 30%deflect+12%DR
    having 30% getting 40% its 9/10 x 8/10 x 7/10 it´s
    50% ---->40% deflect+16% DR
    having 40% getting 50% its
    30% ---->50%deflect+20% DR
    50% to 60% it´s
    15% ----->60%deflect+24% DR
    60% to 70% it´s
    6%
    70% getting to 80%
    1,8%, so rank 12 seems useless, nice goodie, rank 11 is enough

the average buff will be 45% effectively
    most time you stick arround 30% deflect+12 DR but more --> 40% deflect and 16%DR powerfull indeed

A TR at 50% deflect get´s 60% for 100%, 70% for 40% chance, 80% for 12%, 90% for 1,2%, so he will stick arround 60 to 70% deflect, but never benefit from DR buff

My warlock at full stacks/sparks 25% deflect--> 35% deflect for 100%, 45% for 65%, 55% for 35%, 65% for 16%, 75% for 5%

the best benefit will have tanky classes with zero deflect like DC, GF, OP i guess, since they do not need negationenchant that much
    A good alternative between elfen and tenacity enchant and you can benefit from a 16% DR-buff plus 40% deflect buff...nice

I definitely doubt this will balance anything in PVP, nope DC and OP will stay even more rediculessly penetrant on node and heal each other to the climax
    GF will turtle, but get´s more options by that having a nice deflect + DR buff, so he can act more offensive i guess?
    I can spam 24/7 a day 1 million Soul Scorch in a row on a DC or OP and they will not go down, even Traven Blackdagger won´t need that much rotations to get his HP down :)
    A GF/GWF can onerotate a BIS warlock in two seconds, balance?

Btw. anyone saw this new weapon enchant giving at max rank:
    75% crit severity, 30% weapon damage as necrotic damage every second for 4 seconds and -40% defense on encounter use only.
    ???? 75% crit severity
    ???? -40DR debuff
    ???? 30% weapon damage every second for 4 seconds

A GF having now near 175% critseverity by that will...oneshot you

having debuffed the target for -40% DR he will 1/2 shot you and..

on top will tick 30% weapon damage every second for 4 seconds ... i saw silly procs from lolset-bonus 30k+ (unmitigated), triggered by encounter like Bullcharge and that´s the 6% bonus from lolset
    so upscaled that´s...150k weapon damage every second for 4 seconds in case this bonus works like lolset

I only assume what this enchant will do for PVP, no good for sure in case it´s real

only found a lesser version and greater version
    http://neverwinterindex.blogspot.de/2016/02/new-dread-enchantment.html

I level a GF atm or just leave this c.rap game... no options left, OP and DC is silly, GWF overbuffed etc.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    I am going to "wait and find out" before voting since the dread enchant doesn't work at all so this enchant might also be underwhelming.
  • Options
    I completely agree with @tolkienbuff. All I see here is the intention to emptyfy people's pockets, whereas not giving improvement to content as always.
    @metalldjt I see NOTHING in tooltip about ICD like getting a stack once a second. That means that it might be already screwed up like always. And, yes, "rating" word is dusky.
    @thefabricant It's exactly what most people will do. But most likely people will test it already after it comes live (= it might be broken, but in some day devs will fix it). Tho, next time I will try to improve the poll questions - i think i messed it up a bit.
    ABSOLUTE
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    When I read the tooltip I was like "omg that's a gamebreaker", then I saw the "stacks expire" bit and went "oh, right, it's just one free deflect every now and again." As long as it is WAI when it goes live then no, it isn't going to blow anything out of the water.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    flehstifferflehstiffer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    Anyone who cares about deflect will already have enough that this won't be worthwhile. Anyone who doesn't care about deflect will have much better options to choose from. Lackluster enchantment at best, as usual forums freaking out over nothing.