test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Owlbear Cub!

masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
I'm trying to find out if Owlbear Cub companion from the next lock box will be a game changer for HR's....but like most things about this game it's hard to find :/

I don't play a HR, but I know you can cast an encounter in under 1 second indefinitely. So it seems like it should add up to tremendous amount of damage.

Comments

• rhadamathysrhadamathys Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    And it's an augment that can proc companions gift...
    Ney - HR (max item level)
    The Legendary Outlaws

Preferences:
    PvE and PvP - Pathfinder Combat
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User

And it's an augment that can proc companions gift...

Well I'm sure that will get fixed, fixed the cube already...and I think the chicken didn't even have the problem when we got it. So besides a bug, is this guy a game changer?
  • rhadamathysrhadamathys Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    Actually I believe it is intended to proc gift
    Ney - HR (max item level)
    The Legendary Outlaws

Preferences:
    PvE and PvP - Pathfinder Combat
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    It procs when you don't crit. Many would need to rework thier build to take maximal advantage of this. You would want as low of crit as possible, which means no need for lostmauth set.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User

Actually I believe it is intended to proc gift

Having an augment capable of procing bondings makes no sense. There would be zero reason to run any other companion, ever. Can't die, gives an extra 100% stats. The only trade off would be the tiny amount of damage a summoned companion does...which isn't going to be anywhere near the extra damage you'll do with 100% more stats

• alliera7311alliera7311 Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    I got to thinking...it only works when you don't crt. So CA doesn't can the active bonus be triggered by that?
    Guild: TLO GH 20
    Main: EMERALD LEGEND
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    I have an Owlbear Cub and I think it is great... Trying to figure out exactly what it procs off. But I have my Crit at 40% before Companion Gift Procs and Ring of Rising Precision etc.

It is great as Non-Crits procs the Owlbear and I`m seeing procs of 20-30k and then when I do Crit it has LM set instead :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    Hey it's good to hear from you Iv been gone for 3 months.lol I'll have to pick up one and try it out. I'm thinking about dropping my crt from 52% to 35-40% and Stacking Power for this owl bear. What do you think?
    I don't really know to be honest, it is really hard to figure out exactly what attacks it applies to. I`ll have to do some dummy testing I think :)
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    I'll have to run some tests too be cool if CA triggers it. Does say encounters though.
    You must have insanly high power I see 12k procs on average. Much superior than the lol set.
    I have massive power spikes :)

My Legendary Merc has a tiny but under 4k Power so 2 procs of Rank 12 Bonding and 1 Rank 11. Then he has a ring of Brutality +4 for that 4000 bump etc.

In PvE I also have the Twisted Set for a power boost, Ring of Rising Power +4... Also some Boons like Elvish Flurry (bonus power per enemy killed) and other sources I forget off the top of my head. Oh and my Guild Boon is nice its 6k power I think.

All in all I have 20k Power before any of my procs start :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    Honestly finding this companion to be not very useful why? Simply because crit builds. I rarely not crit so for me it's not useful.
    It is all about balance... you want your weaker attacks like Steel Breeze and Hindering Shot etc to not Crit... that way they get a big old bump in damage.

I think too much Crit can actually just be pure overkill and not needed... try it though and lower your Crit to 50% then just have extra Crit off procs.

With AtoS I find all the attacks I want to Crit do, all the attacks I do not want to Crit do not sometimes which is great.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    I'm about 52% base crit. but with one R12 azure w/3 bonding R12 I'll range 75%-100% easily. Just not effective for me. I find the yeti or the siegemaster to be better and more constant.