test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So about the stream from yesterday - play with the devs

wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
As the topic regarding it is closed and i am not seeing a discussion about it, i am asking here (please feel free to redirect this to an open topic if such exists).

What is your opinion on the fact that even the first boss in the only level 70 instance that is coming in the next module in two weeks is so bugged that the devs had to use god mode cheats to beat it (i queued myself after 20min wait to join - boss was invisibe/wrong z-axis positioned for our party)
Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12

Comments

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I honestly don't care. I am fairly confident I can solo CN on my CW. The dungeon is really caster friendly, to an extreme degree of caster friendlyness. Lots of slow moving, hulky melee enemies that can't keep up with my wizard. I do not think the devs took that into account when revamping the dungeon.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    There were a number of issues with the run.

First and foremost is that Andy (the Paladin) has not used that character with that build before. The playstyle was completely different from what he was used to but did not expect it to be a problem. He knows full well he was abysmal and couldn't do anything to help the group which is not entirely normal. That's on him, not the content.

Secondly, it's a group of 5 random people with a distracted inexperience paladin. I haven't looked at the feedback personally as I prefer to not get too involved with preview but you would be better served in looking to the preview forums in order to get an idea if the difficulty that was experienced with that group was normal. Again just because one group couldn't defeat the boss "so bugged."

As for the only actual bug we saw, it was directly stated in the stream that there were reports of the bug but they could not reproduce the bug so it could not be fixed. It's one bug as far as you know. A big bug but intermittent. It will get fixed. Patience...

I was going to leave this open but after some consideration I am afraid I am going to have to close this. I don't mind wanting to discuss the stream which was definitely not one of Andy's proudest moments and I don't mind you wanting to report a bug but this crosses into just wanting to flame the game.

The boss was invisible. They know that. They knew it happened but couldn't reproduce it and openly admitted it. There's no need to want to open a thread just to bash them for having a bug and what is likely inexperienced groups. If YOU found the content to be too hard then please supply the feedback in the preview section of the forums but don't take one experience and decide to hold it as the standard.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks, Ambi!

I do know it didn't go as smoothly as planned and I apologize for that. I usually have no issues with the character as I primarily play either a Tankadin or a GF. However, the difficulty can be seen as good as many have asked for more difficult content. I do want to give it another go with a copied character.

We all realize Castle Never was not in the best of states and freely admit to it, but that is why we have the Preview shard. Expect it to be fixed relatively soon so we can all go back in and test the difficulty again. This time, we would know what to expect and would be prepared for it.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

This discussion has been closed.