test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance 2/29 at 6AM PT

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Update 2/25 at 6PM: Tomorrow's update has been postponed to Monday. Again, this additional maintenance is likely to not affect gameplay.

Update 8:32AM: Maintenance is complete!

Neverwinter will have its scheduled maintenance tomorrow 2/25 at 7AM PT for roughly 2 hours. It will just be a server reset.

In addition to the scheduled maintenance, our team is planning an additional server maintenance, which will not affect gameplay. As a part of our strategy to provide you with the best quality of service and availability possible, we regularly update our internal infrastructure. One of these updates is due this week and therefore a longer maintenance is required on 2/26 from 6AM to 12PM. Once again, we don't expect Friday's changes to affect gameplay, but players may experience intermittent drops during this time.

Thank you!

Note: Sorry for the late posting. Housing emergencies = not fun.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• Options
    mrjarqomrjarqo Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Haha restart ;-) when you fix lags NeverFix LagWinter (IWD,DR )????
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Another 6 hour patch in primetime on Friday. That is really getting annoying. Ah well at least the Super rugby is starting on Friday guess I will go watch a game (was planning on watching it using streaming service).

I really like the Coins of Waukeen event, but(*sigh*) it seems I will loose 6 hours of it. That is, what about 3% of the total event time and in prime time.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    deathdawg#1568 deathdawg Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    You guys really need to consider the time frame of your maint/patches or whatever you wish to call them. I understand that there is so many time zones playing the game and all but seriously consider that this 7-9 pdt/pst is in the middle of a lot of players availability to play. For example I am EST so i have add 3 hours to the time and that is the littl time that I have in the mornings and afternoon if it doesnt cause your hamsters to have a heart attack on the wheel like last time and it went from a couple of hours to almost 7
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Please read the post again people, the secondary maintenance should NOT bring the game down.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Do you guys even read? The downtime will NOT affect gameplay says Strum so what is all the whining about? I somehow have a feeling that the Friday maintenance has been scheduled to combat our DDOS attacker who seems to be most active during that time-frame.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    deathdawg#1568 deathdawg Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

Please read the post again people, the secondary maintenance should NOT bring the game down.

lirithiel said:

Do you guys even read? The downtime will NOT affect gameplay says Strum so what is all the whining about? I somehow have a feeling that the Friday maintenance has been scheduled to combat our DDOS attacker who seems to be most active during that time-frame.

Personally my post was in general not concerning the second alone. I was referring to the times they use to do any maintenance like the one today
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    lirithiel said:

The Underdark content should be repeatable and not tedious, but I learned to expect the worst when they announce something.

So to me reading that post this stands out in neon lights:
    players may experience intermittent drops
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    claroxannabellclaroxannabell Member Posts: 9 Arc User

For example I am EST so i have add 3 hours to the time and that is the littl time that I have in the mornings and afternoon

The maintenance time is 10am-12pm your time. That isn't prime-time and you know it. :)

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,116 Arc User

You guys really need to consider the time frame of your maint/patches or whatever you wish to call them. I understand that there is so many time zones playing the game and all but seriously consider that this 7-9 pdt/pst is in the middle of a lot of players availability to play. For example I am EST so i have add 3 hours to the time and that is the littl time that I have in the mornings and afternoon if it doesnt cause your hamsters to have a heart attack on the wheel like last time and it went from a couple of hours to almost 7

That is first thing in the morning for them. Which gives them plenty of time afterward to monitor in case anything happens to go south.

I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
This discussion has been closed.