test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shou Kon's OP too OP Paladin Guide: PvP...Oh Wait, It's Just a QQ Thread Now

shoukonsshoukons Member Posts: 325 Arc User
edited July 2016 in The Citadel
This build is both PvP and PvE.

Quick Video Showing The Spec At Work There are many more videos up there of the spec at work in Dom Matches with various skills being used.

Basics:
Stat Priority:
Constitution>Charisma
HP>Power>Recovery>AP Gain>Movement Speed>Stamina Guard/Gain
Why? Explained down below.

Side Note: If you die in this spec it's 100% your fault, there's no excuses. You see in the video above I just have my MH on and the lock does 0 damage to me. NO other class can take 0 damage from a lock while naked while damaging them back. GS "needed" to do this is max 2800. Can do with 210GS though as seen above.

Gear:
Elemental Lionsmane Medic
Deflect and Regen is on the other gear and no movement speed, they're not stats we're rolling for.

Burning mace & Burning Shield:
Why not the one that gives you hp? Because you don't take damage with this build so the HP is wasted and getting the AP back up 25% faster 25% of the time goes well in a rotation that spams daily. You can use the movement speed one if you want, but it's 2nd to the Burning.

Greater Imperial Dragon Cloak
It gives power/recovery. Both stats you want.

Greater Plated Band of Constitution

The more HP you have 100% plays into how effective this build is and if you're ever caught out of rotation you give yourself that more of a chance to survive TR dunks, who ignore defense with penetration.

Enchantments
Defense: Radiants
Offense: Silvery if you want more Recovery or Radiants for Power.
Armor: Negation is nice for the +heal/safety 30% DR. There are many out there that are better that I hope someone else discovers, I'm just not ready to post it here yet.
Weapon: I like Terror because it's black/purple. Holy Avenger is good too. Fey is fine.

Defender's Pants/Shirt:

Hit Points

Rings
This is all debatable, and you will probably have to be switching rings out during games.
Ring of Impenetrability: This stops glitches from happening to you. Once you go under 20% it stops all damage so you can get binding oath back up. Also double defense slotted for more HP! I'm using this one for now.

Ring of Sieging: When moving you gain 30% DR. Why use it if you're under Binding Oath all the time?

Ring of Ambush: Partial Stealth when moving. Pro movements to nodes, I'm using this one also.

Ring of Vision: See people stealthed sometimes. It's too RNG for me, but could be useful.

Double slotted rings: We have enough tenacity from gear so we don't need them from rings and the stats we'll get dn't outweigh the utility of the underdark rings. Being a pally really isn't expensive.

Mount
Snail: More AP FTW.

Artifacts

Sigil of the Devoted: You're going to have this as your main slot until you find a comfortable place with your rotations s you can move on from this artifact.

Wheel of Elements: Hitpoints, Power and Stamina Gain. All 3 useful stats and also an option to put into main slot when you're not in need of the DC Sigil.

Sigil of the Hunter: Power, Recovery, Stamina Gain. All 3 stats you want for the build, but can be changed out for another stat if you're not in need of anymore recovery.

The 4th Sigil is a toss up. You can go for any of the artifacts that give you HP/Power or you can go for a sigil that gives you an affect that you like such as a knock back. If you don't find one that has an affect you like go for any that give you HP/Power/X such as the Sigil of the Devoted or Siege Master's War Horn. There are a few others that give you the same stats also.

Powers for PvP
Divine Protection: It's the "Bubble" Max this one out to 4 first. Pop it all the time. You'll eventually stop using this one though mattering on your team comp, but in pugs it's #1.

Binding Oath: The most broken skill in game, almost. This makes you immune to damage for 8 seconds at 4 points and is spamable. The reflect damage it does is minimal and not noticeable. Second skills to make 4.

Cleanse: It can be used no matter what is going on, no matter how CC'd you are and heals you and gives you temp hp. 3rd skill to make 4.

Shielding Strike: Neglected, unused and it makes you a worse pally if this isn't up all the time. It stops most of the glitches if you have it up and will save your life if you end up blowing yourself up with a bad rotation. Anti-Death. 4th skill to get to 4.

Sacred Weapon: What makes the damage hurt from pallies. This skill is used to make the next 3 reflect attacks super hurt the one that hit you in combo with another skill that will be explained below. One weakness this skill has is if someone has stacked Life Steal to high heaven, you won't kill them and you can just take it off. 5th skill to get to 4.

Aura of Courage: Must have this aura on for the build to work. IF you're in the campfire a lot due to glitches/exploits take this one off until you're not around the glitches. 6th skill to get to 4.

Aura of Vengence: Also must have to make the build work. 7th to make 4.

Templar's Wrath: Temp HP and aoe stun. If you're not killing then put this one on to aoe stun. 3 is fine in here indefinitely.

Relentless Avenger: Great aoe push for PvP, great more AP gain since the more people you hit the more ap you gain. If you're not in danger of death use this one over Binding oath.

The last daily is up to you and what your team needs. If they need a heal get LoH, if you want more damage to DJ. if you want to be CC immune so you can't be pushed off a node forever use Heroism.

Don't be afraid to change your skills up multiple times during a match. If you don't change encounters to adjust to what is going on you're dragging your team down by not using the class to it's fullest potential.

Feats/Boons

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/I Eat Civics/screenshot/3899550#
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/I Eat Civics/screenshot/3899553
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/I Eat Civics/screenshot/3899554
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/I Eat Civics/screenshot/3899556
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/I Eat Civics/screenshot/3899557
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/I Eat Civics/screenshot/3899558
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/I Eat Civics/screenshot/3899560

How the Spec Works
Your Damage: Aura of Courage and Vengence interplay with each other causing your feat Echoes of Light to have a higher chance of procing which will reset your skills over and over again so you can amass so much AP to spam dailies and so you can keep Binding Oath up indefinitely so you're 100% immortal. GG cryptic.

Your Support: Oath of Protection mechanic gives you 10% of your HP as power as you take damage (at 200khp you will gain an extra 20k power) which with the feat Aura Gifts you will give 25% of that power to your teammates. This is why we stack HP and Power. Everyone in your team will be hitting much much harder, especially TR's since they ignore defense with their dunks.

So if you're 200k (which you will be with Con belt/radiants/boons) and have about 11k power from general gear/enchantments. You'll end up with 31k power x .25= 7750 power given to each teammates. This number will go up and you will be giving your teammates more power in actuality. A TR dunking with an extra 7k+ power? GG cryptic.

Why get Recovery if we're already have instant CD's Shou Kon? Good question. You want it mostly for the AP gain, but the shorter CD's will help in clutch moments when you're not getting any Echo procs. 5k recovery has worked out fine for me. I've gone to 6k, but it felt very wasted.

PvP Strats

Smokebomb: If you're smokebombed press Cleanse and then put up your shield and lololol your way out of it. Cleanse Always gives you about .8 of a second to use 1 more skill even if you're in a CC like SB, shield walk out of it or put up binding oath if you're in trouble.

How to Damage: You have to learn each classes rotation. If you don't know them you're going to do nothing. Listen and watch what's going on and understand when the predictable rotation is coming up. When you know you're about to be dailies or a hard rotation is coming in hit RB and then Sacred Weapon. The class will kill themselves with the damage they're doing to you. Put a Binding Oath right after that in case the glitch is coming. The button work is easy, the critical thinking of prediction will make you stand out between other spam bubblers.

Action Canceling: Need to get somewhere in a hurry? If you're using Relentless and Templar's you can move around without using your CD's. Many classes have this type of mechanic and it greatly enhances your game play. Just press Relentless and wait until you get to where you want to be, press Templar's and then shield immediately after that and you're where you want to b without using a CD. No CD is used because you do no damage and no affects are used (stun/knockback) but you did move quickly.

References:
Rings
Artifacts
Youtube Channel
Twitch

Honestly, with the changes made to OP Bubble/Echos etc, I believe the Bulwark build I posted is better for survivability in PvP and PvE finally. The nerf to Heroism is pretty devastating though. There's still a broken rotation left after these fixes that someone else has had to have figure out by now though! OP still OP.
Node Troll
Post edited by shoukons on

Comments

• s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    honestly, pally does not need to have a high GS/IL score like those DPS class, 2500 IL/GS for pally n healer will be unkillable.
    any pally feats with oath of protection paragon path will b op tho justice is my preferece feats because of the CD feats which i can spam to increase AP and which in turn u r able to do infinite bubble
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
  • shoukonsshoukons Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    s4v10rx said:

honestly, pally does not need to have a high GS/IL score like those DPS class, 2500 IL/GS for pally n healer will be unkillable.
    any pally feats with oath of protection paragon path will b op tho justice is my preferece feats because of the CD feats which i can spam to increase AP and which in turn u r able to do infinite bubble

OP Pally Guide
    already written long ago with Video showing how broken that one is. Just writing the guide for Justice so both are available for everyone. Too many people keep these builds a secret and the useful info such as how to get out of smokebomb and how to do damage. It's silly.

Yea, I mean you can def 1v1 with just a weapon on as shown above, it's a broken build. At least the Bulwark OP build you have a chance of kiling them and the feats don't come off CD so fast.
    Node Troll
  • snoborder101snoborder101 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Paladins - why I only get on for my daily key and then switch games.
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR

Paladins - why I only get on for my daily key and then switch games.

He lies, he PvP's with me. Evidence
    Node Troll
    edited February 2016
    shoukons said:

s4v10rx said:

OP Pally Guide
    already written long ago with Video showing how broken that one is. Just writing the guide for Justice so both are available for everyone. Too many people keep these builds a secret and the useful info such as how to get out of smokebomb and how to do damage. It's silly.

Yea, I mean you can def 1v1 with just a weapon on as shown above, it's a broken build. At least the Bulwark OP build you have a chance of kiling them and the feats don't come off CD so fast.
    hm..i don't know about others keeping the build a secret, for me i prefer to test it out myself and see which build is best suited for my play style, anywhoo, i don't really pvp much in this game after the release of under dark and all the issues that comes with it, usually i just log in to help the guild farming influence and dragon flight ..see u guys at the division tomorrow and make sure u keep ur promise bro of creating a guild look asylum play denial =)
    Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    s4v10rx said:

shoukons said:

s4v10rx said:

OP Pally Guide

hm..i don't know about others keeping the build a secret, for me i prefer to test it out myself and see which build is best suited for my play style, anywhoo, i don't really pvp much in this game after the release of under dark and all the issues that comes with it, usually i just log in to help the guild farming influence and dragon flight ..see u guys at the division tomorrow and make sure u keep ur promise bro of creating a guild look asylum play denial =)
    LGPG and Asylum al dropped out so I'm just making my own guild in The Division and DCUO. It'll be called "Shh"
    Node Troll
  • beedoonbeedoon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    A few questions:

Which do you prefer, Bulwark or Justice? You didn't list ArmPen as a priority stat, so what is a good RI% to shoot for? Also any advice on handling courage breaker? Courage breaker and just being totally CC'd are the things that get me killed most. I do use cleansing touch, but it doesn't seem to give me time to put a shield up or cast a clutch binding oath many times before the next CC locks encounters.

Really appreciate the info, sucks to see so many top tier players leaving the game.
    beedoon said:

A few questions:

Which do you prefer, Bulwark or Justice? You didn't list ArmPen as a priority stat, so what is a good RI% to shoot for? Also any advice on handling courage breaker? Courage breaker and just being totally CC'd are the things that get me killed most. I do use cleansing touch, but it doesn't seem to give me time to put a shield up or cast a clutch binding oath many times before the next CC locks encounters.

Really appreciate the info, sucks to see so many top tier players leaving the game.

Between the two builds I like Bulwark the most. It's a harder build to stay alive with, no gimmick instant encounter cooldowns and you have just a tad more freedom in encounters. it's a "balanced" build. You don't have dps as bulwark, you're just tanking and pushing. Justice build has made me a lazy player. Does this Justice build do everything better than the Bulwark build? Yes by 300%.

Courage Breaker means you're screwed movement wise, nothing you can do to get out of it, not even Cleanse. Just gotta wait it out. I heard Ogmas gets you out of it though, never tested it myself.

Node Troll
    shoukons said:

s4v10rx said:

shoukons said:

s4v10rx said:

OP Pally Guide

LGPG and Asylum al dropped out so I'm just making my own guild in The Division and DCUO. It'll be called "Shh"
    sorry to hear that bro, 1 thing for sure that i will b spending more time on the division when they release it on march 8th
    Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    s4v10rx said:

shoukons said:

s4v10rx said:

shoukons said:

s4v10rx said:

OP Pally Guide

sorry to hear that bro, 1 thing for sure that i will b spending more time on the division when they release it on march 8th
    Play TD instead of afking in Guild Stringhold. I like it. So, who's going to be going TR all the time in The Division?
    Node Troll
    shoukons said:

s4v10rx said:

shoukons said:

s4v10rx said:

shoukons said:

s4v10rx said:

OP Pally Guide

Play TD instead of afking in Guild Stringhold. I like it. So, who's going to be going TR all the time in The Division?
    that game is different than NW for sure, i'm sure u know they have a tank class which is security, gonna go dps and tank hybrid on the division.
    Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard

Aura of Courage only increases your damage by 1% of your total health, not 10%

Where is this 10% mentioned in the guide?
    Node Troll
    s4v10rx said:

shoukons said:

s4v10rx said:

shoukons said:

s4v10rx said:

shoukons said:

s4v10rx said:

OP Pally Guide

that game is different than NW for sure, i'm sure u know they have a tank class which is security, gonna go dps and tank hybrid on the division.
    Yea, I'm not sure how that spec is gonna do in a sponge soaking enemy kind of game. You can put the turrent on top of the shield though which is cool.
    Node Troll

aura of courage + aura of radiance = more agro

also AOC increases the dmg AOR does

for me is aura of vengeance+aura of radiance for pve, dungeon run, skirmishes, works best for demogorgon event not only i'm able to keep the team alive with inf bubble but able to build more aggro or threat to me as well and let the rest of the dps team focus on dpsing without even worrying of dying.

Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    my way to see it. Pally is a cancer for this game.
    http://xboxclips.com/Gannicus1389/82120b42-bd96-40cf-a5c9-2582407f281f

Look for example this pally above. I completely outgear him, yet I can't even scratch him. I hit zeroes after zeroes, and when i do some damage it barely moves his HP bar. He can do more damage than I can to him, and even if there were 3, 4 ppl trying to kill him, he would just killl everyone. He couldn't kill me because of mt healings.

Now, I am not a weak DPS GWF. I actually in PvP have more DPS burst than even the full crit lostmauth IVs out there.
    I have 150% Resistance Ignore. My weapon master strike grants me another 10% ignore for encounter/at wills.
    I had full destroyer stacks (36%+ bonus damage). on top of 10 destroyer's purpose (50% damage boost). Add that to MARK from daring shout (another 16% PURE resistance ignore + 15% boost damage from powefull challenge) and then add mark giving me combat advantage (15% bonus damage plus whatever my combat advantage bonus is (currently 13%).

My Crescendo BASE damage goes up to 125k fully stacked, yet it hits zeroes too.

It feels that any build works for them, they will be imortal no matter what and still k ill people....
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
    azuosed89 said:

Look for example this pally above. I completely outgear him, yet I can't even scratch him. I hit zeroes after zeroes, and when i do some damage it barely moves his HP bar. He can do more damage than I can to him, and even if there were 3, 4 ppl trying to kill him, he would just killl everyone. He couldn't kill me because of mt healings.

Now, I am not a weak DPS GWF. I actually in PvP have more DPS burst than even the full crit lostmauth IVs out there.
    I have 150% Resistance Ignore. My weapon master strike grants me another 10% ignore for encounter/at wills.
    I had full destroyer stacks (36%+ bonus damage). on top of 10 destroyer's purpose (50% damage boost). Add that to MARK from daring shout (another 16% PURE resistance ignore + 15% boost damage from powefull challenge) and then add mark giving me combat advantage (15% bonus damage plus whatever my combat advantage bonus is (currently 13%).

It feels that any build works for them, they will be imortal no matter what and still k ill people....

guess that pally IL is 3k?

lol....nothing new about pally n no matter how we complain to the dev to nerf it, the devs does not give a hoot.
    Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    s4v10rx said:

azuosed89 said:

lol....nothing new about pally n no matter how we complain to the dev to nerf it, the devs does not give a hoot.
    I had a match earlier while solo qing. I ended up going against two guild mates (a gf and a dc). but that was the only dc in the entire match. everyone else was DPS. it was a long time I haven't had fun like in that match. the most fun matches are those with no pally/no dcs. I mean, rotating is important, but when it resumes only about rotating and no one dies it gets pretty boring.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
    azuosed89 said:

s4v10rx said:

azuosed89 said:

I had a match earlier while solo qing. I ended up going against two guild mates (a gf and a dc). but that was the only dc in the entire match. everyone else was DPS. it was a long time I haven't had fun like in that match. the most fun matches are those with no pally/no dcs. I mean, rotating is important, but when it resumes only about rotating and no one dies it gets pretty boring.
    pvp without pally n dc is fun for sure..,..i'm only getting my pally dragonflight gear as i was planning to build a pve pally, pve pally is more useful than pvp imo.

Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    edited February 2016
    It annoys me when I put up a guide to help pallies who don't know about builds and it becomes a QQ thread. I'm going to change the title of the thread to something more appropriate to what happened in here. Not questions from people who needed more clarification, just complaining. Thanks
    Node Troll
    shoukons said:

It annoys me when I put up a guide to help pallies who don't know about builds and it becomes a QQ thread. I'm going to change the title of the thread to something more appropriate to what happened in here. Not questions from people who needed more clarification, just complaining. Thanks

sorry;p
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
    edited July 2016
    I've had people comment and message me on youtube asking me for this guide back so I'm reposting. There have been a few changes made to Paladin's since this was last written, but you can message me on youtube or on XBL and I'll tell you what to change. Or ask me it here and I'll post it for everyone to see. I'm going to blanket repost it from a Doc I had it saved on and slowly adjust it for the changes made to the game.

I'm also going to live stream a giveaway of all my Rank 12's and stupid crazy resources I hoarded soon so keep a look out for that. It's going to be whoever answers the questions first will get it in stream and the topic is going to be Psychoanalysis.

See you guys in the stream soon!
    Node Troll
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    binding oath need fix to actually taunt. it doesnt taunt since mod 6 .............................
    ONE of the good things on paladin is to use tab ability when you need it. IF i need to use again binding oath tab ability help me to reset encounters with justice tree.AND echoes contribute to this also. DAIlies is more protection for
    pt members than paladin who doesnt need at least in pve a daily power.

SO SO fix the taunts and will be a great class.

About Aggro managment hit all the time with oath strike and then if you need to cast something else after you cast an encounter for example or you need to block use tab to get back the boss to you and start again hit hit .

shoukons said:

I've had people comment and message me on youtube asking me for this guide back so I'm reposting. There have been a few changes made to Paladin's since this was last written, but you can message me on youtube or on XBL and I'll tell you what to change. Or ask me it here and I'll post it for everyone to see. I'm going to blanket repost it from a Doc I had it saved on and slowly adjust it for the changes made to the game.

I'm also going to live stream a giveaway of all my Rank 12's and stupid crazy resources I hoarded soon so keep a look out for that. It's going to be whoever answers the questions first will get it in stream and the topic is going to be Psychoanalysis.

See you guys in the stream soon!

What time is the stream?
    No date yet. Busy with ESO atm. Also letting people have time to get ready with their google tabs on Psychoanalysis to win the items.
    Node Troll