test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Developer Blog: Famous Faces

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
With our upcoming Neverwinter content update The Maze Engine we’ve got a number of famous characters you may have heard of from Realms lore! Here’s a rundown of who you can expect to meet.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9782963

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Should probably change the pictures of Drizzt and Regis to reflect their final character art. Those are old shots from development.

But... Makos biography! This is actually interesting. Much love for the members of Knox's squad. They are Neverwinter.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    This story of Makos is actually pretty interesting. Too bad this couldn't have been a quest line for like.. actual content. I'm reluctant to believe that this will actually be a storyline since you guys like to get my hopes up. You know- like what we had for the Linkletters arc was amazing.. I would have actually liked to have kept in touch with NPCs in the story rather than do anything at all ever with Elemental Evil.

I liked hearing about Linu too. Being a player of a cleric myself I kinda get her- on a personal level.

I miss hearing from Knox squad too. Never really did connect with any other NPCs like I did with them.

Minsc- might have been cool from another game.. he might as well be Jar Jar Binks for me in neverwinter.​​
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User

This story of Makos is actually pretty interesting. Too bad this couldn't have been a quest line for like.. actual content. I'm reluctant to believe that this will actually be a storyline since you guys like to get my hopes up. You know- like what we had for the Linkletters arc was amazing.. ​​

Due to it's being out of place among all the various zones, my theory is Linkletter's arc is a leftover from when Neverwinter Online was in it's original single player incarnation.

I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited February 2016
    I'm still wishing that they could included Catti-brie. She is so awesome! :) One of my favorite D&D characters.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    xenotorchxenotorch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I'm still wishing that they could included Catti-brie. She is so awesome! :) One of my favorite D&D characters.

100% This. They have all the members of the famous Icewind Dale heroes bar Catti-brie and Wulfgar. Arguably, Wulfgar would have been a better fit than Minsc (however I do like him and Boo!) with the others already penciled in and their connections with the Neverwinter area.

Also Drizzt's other party....any chances of seeing Artemis anytime or Dahlia?? could be fun...

And the Linkletter storyline - good content, more of the same would be nice. One taking place in the EE arc from 61-70 would be a nice addition and help the feel of that arc.
  • Options
    xanchaxancha Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Linu La'neral was in the Never Winter Knight Underdark game. She was one of you member in you party. U had to recue her after the cut secene of the beholder after you fought the drow.
  • Options
    idishaidisha Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Call me crazy but they probably should have had these proofread before they posted them. For instance, Linu was sent on a quest, not a question, and Synth most likely climbed a wall, not a well, to woo her. I skipped the writings on the various Drizzt storyline heroes mostly because I'm not a fan boy but you should probably have someone look over them all. I appreciate the effort but it kills it when the story is suddenly interrupted by nonsense words inserted into a sentence.
  • Options
    mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    I really kinda like all the NPCs, and not just those mentioned here. Well, maybe not all, the girl in Sharandar grinding on about "interlopers from Neverwinter" really grates on me :neutral: But as far as the bigger name ones go, I like them all. And even though I wasn't the biggest fan of the Elemental Evil arc,, I had been hoping and thinking it would be more like "Temple",, Minsk definitly is a personal favorite of mine in his eternal quest in search of "Evil that needs kicking" :smiley: I still run his quests ocasionally at lvl 70 for a smile when I hear him ranting against evil and wonder if I will ever get an actual glimpse of Boo or if he will ever tell me the story of his Balspawn freind. :smiley:
  • Options
    dikawolfdikawolf Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I was kinda hoping for more known characters from the realms that should be still alive like Alias and Dragonbait.

Also be sure to check out my DeviantArt page!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

or if he will ever tell me the story of his Balspawn freind. :smiley:

Not sure if you're kidding around, but if you played Baldur's Gate... that was you.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia