test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leveling guide as cleric? please help

veratesverates Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Hello,

I'd like to start playing as claric but I have co idea what powers are most optimal for soloing, whats feasts, stats :/ Im completely new to this game and I would rly appreciate you help guys :)

Just give me something please xD

Comments

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    http://mmominds.com/2015/10/21/xbox-mod6-elitecloud04s-haste-dc/
    Its for the xbox version, but it will also work for the PC version of the game. In general, the quality of builds on MMO minds is better then those on the forums.
  • narjimanarjima Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Over here https://reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/44gwc9/best_cleric_builds_and_their_paths/ someone took a lot of time and effort to compile a list of possible cleric builds with some additional information. I hope that will help you.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    @thefabricant thats a virtuous haste build. If he's going to be playing solo I would recommend a righteous DC. Much easier for solo play and leveling.

@narjina that righteous build has Weapons of Light which is useless in solo play. Also the opinion of "consider dropping 3 Righteous feats to get Gift of the Gods in the Faithful Tree. Quick divinity gain can go a long way when it comes to dealing damage." is also not advisable since you would have to sacrifice a lot to get it

For solo play I'd probably go with this (but plan on a respec if you want to party at end game):

http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/dc?b=2leu:zad8oa:dhg7:a0d7k,13l3305:1000000:1000000:1zu55zv&h=0&p=dvo

Dragonborn (racial bonus in widsom & strength) if you have it, Half Elf (racial bonus in constitution & wisdom and for dilettante take con) if you don't.

Initial roll of 16 WIS 15 STR 13 CHA 11 INT 11 CON 9 DEX is good if this isn't going to be BIS consider 18 WIS 13 STR 13 CHA 10 INT 10 CON 8 DEX if your planning to stack your crit chance via high end enchants (I'm assuming if your looking at solo play you aren't thinking BIS so this first option would be better)

Put points in wisdom and strength as you level

Kaelics guide still has good instructions for leveling. It's old but the only comprehensive guide about lower level content you will find. Just keep in mind for end game that 5 new feats have been added that are currently near useless, diminishing returns no longer exists so how much stats to stack at end game are different and you should refer to a lvl70 guide for that.

I think that should answer all your question, good luck to you
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

@thefabricant thats a virtuous haste build. If he's going to be playing solo I would recommend a righteous DC. Much easier for solo play and leveling.

@narjina that righteous build has Weapons of Light which is useless in solo play. Also the opinion of "consider dropping 3 Righteous feats to get Gift of the Gods in the Faithful Tree. Quick divinity gain can go a long way when it comes to dealing damage." is also not advisable since you would have to sacrifice a lot to get it

For solo play I'd probably go with this (but plan on a respec if you want to party at end game):

http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/dc?b=2leu:zad8oa:dhg7:a0d7k,13l3305:1000000:1000000:1zu55zv&h=0&p=dvo

Dragonborn (racial bonus in widsom & strength) if you have it, Half Elf (racial bonus in constitution & wisdom and for dilettante take con) if you don't.

Initial roll of 16 WIS 15 STR 13 CHA 11 INT 11 CON 9 DEX is good if this isn't going to be BIS consider 18 WIS 13 STR 13 CHA 10 INT 10 CON 8 DEX if your planning to stack your crit chance via high end enchants (I'm assuming if your looking at solo play you aren't thinking BIS so this first option would be better)

Kaelics guide still has good instructions for leveling. It's old but the only comprehensive guide about lower level content you will find. Just keep in mind for end game that 5 new feats have been added that are currently near useless, diminishing returns no longer exists so how much stats to stack at end game are different and you should refer to a lvl70 guide for that.

I think that should answer all your question, good luck to you

@putzboy78 it was more a case of suggesting a good DC build, rather then of suggesting a build that matched the criteria. I don't personally know of any up to date decent righteous builds and so I would rather recommend a good DC build that is not righteous, then a bad DC build that is. Furhtermore, I do not consider myself an expert on DC's so I would not write out my own version of a righteous DC's due to the fact that I have only done roughly 30 minutes testing on the preview server for the class since I do not play it very often.
  • narjimanarjima Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    True, for solo play only you don't need weapons of light.

On the topic of Gift of the Gods: I've tried it and I liked it a lot more than I expected. It gives full divinity with 1 cast less of BotS if I don't change anything else. Also with regards to solo play you don't actually have to give up a lot to get it: Furious Intervention is imo not worth the 5 points anyway, since the gain is very little. Piercing Light is not really a "must-have" feat either since it is so easy to stack ArPen even below lvl 70, unless ofc we are talking PvP. In addition it is supposedly bugged. So imo the only good thing you have to give up is Condemning Gaze, since for solo play you will definitely want to keep Fire of the Gods. What you gain is 5% additional DR from foresight and the ability to cast more divine powers and even alternate multiple empowered encounters if you chose to do so. I think this is probably worthwhile for personal dps, but I'd have to test this to prove my point :smile:
    edited February 2016
    yeah not sure, since i don't stack recovery i find myself with just enough time to cast a BoS and 1-2 lances between rotations. Not to mention that BoS provides divinity over time. Divinity management is a lot easier in the new model and nowhere near as important as it was pre-divinity rework. Could be intersting. But I only use foresight when running with a tact GF. Making those first 4 options of faithful about useless

I'm still trying to resolve my rotation change around finally getting the dc artifact to mythic, lol
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    I suggest to go righetous to level and play solo.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    @thefabricant LOL I just looked at the build you posted and it's pretty much the same as what I'm running- except my heroic feats are slightly different and i went with +DR instead of + heals and I stacked more crit than recovery. I think ending up with 50% recharge speed is enough to meet the old standard of 'Casting Astral Shield in divinity Empowered before it runs out'- maybe that's just because I'm old school.

@putzboy78 I went to AC not long after it came out as a paragon path. I've gone back and forth over the years but-RE: DO I like what light of divinity does with foresight and Divinity management. I did some fiddling on preview (Not enough to say anything conclusive) but It's interesting. Gives a good set up with little effort for healing GFs under KV~

The solo build @putzboy78 posted seems pretty sound.​​
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• fizbadfizbad Member Posts: 202 Arc User

@thefabricant LOL I just looked at the build you posted and it's pretty much the same as what I'm running- except my heroic feats are slightly different and i went with +DR instead of + heals and I stacked more crit than recovery. I think ending up with 50% recharge speed is enough to meet the old standard of 'Casting Astral Shield in divinity Empowered before it runs out'- maybe that's just because I'm old school.

@putzboy78 I went to AC not long after it came out as a paragon path. I've gone back and forth over the years but-RE: DO I like what light of divinity does with foresight and Divinity management. I did some fiddling on preview (Not enough to say anything conclusive) but It's interesting. Gives a good set up with little effort for healing GFs under KV~

The solo build @putzboy78 posted seems pretty sound.​​

I am running something like putzboy's build, except I moved out some points from the R tree to get Benefit of Foresight.

On a related note, how big is the heal that Light of Divinity procs? Does it make a difference in terms of healing, or is it just good to proc Foresight?

@fizbad- Depends. I didn't really get to test much on anyone as a DO but myself in preview and heals aren't as effective on self. It seemed very useful for procing foresight though for sure. :)​​
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --

@fizbad- Depends. I didn't really get to test much on anyone as a DO but myself in preview and heals aren't as effective on self. It seemed very useful for procing foresight though for sure. :)​​

I thought they removed the class feature that made our heals 70% less efficient on self?
    no self heals are still sht, its not really a 70% less to us, its a 70% more to others. lol
    putzboy78 wrote: »
    no self heals are still sht, its not really a 70% less to us, its a 70% more to others. lol

-Basically that. I usually have to have a 'Test Subject' take an exfoliating dip in the moat or something. ;P​​
    --

putzboy78 said:

Weird. I clearly remember there was a class feature about this, and now I no longer see it. I guess they reworked that in a different way.

As I understand it- other people get 70% more effective heals than you do to yourself.

Mechanic--Righteousness --Your heals are 70% more effective against your allies. - It's kinda hard to math this out by healing yourself. I'm not really a numbers expert~ My assumption is that every heal I do is better not on myself.

Anyway. This conversation has strayed from the topic of the thread. Sorry for the derailment. :)​​
    --

Yes, but I could have sworn Righteousness wasn't on the character sheet when I was looking at it yesterday. Perhaps I missed it.
  • fey#9320 fey Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

putzboy ... THANK YOU! I took your advice and its working out great so far. Great for someone new to the game.