test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stamina drain destroys pvp.

thatguy321654987thatguy321654987 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User
Get rid of it or give us a counter to it, otherwise it is beyond annoying to face a premade with all stamina drain.

Comments

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    My character doesn't rely on stamina or dailies, so I'm lucky there. I totally agree with your post. Complete removal of the drains would not be to my toon's advantage, but is what I would like to see.

A possible modification might be to inhibit AP gain, rather than an all-out drain.

I've never used them myself.

• Options
    thatguy321654987thatguy321654987 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User
    I'm a TR, and i jump around a lot with Elven battle. Dodge is my defense. The second i lose my stamina bam i get rooted and killed. It sucks to run up to some one and then have my stamina vanish and most of the time it is a higher geared player. I could take most on and survive or even get a kill , but not with stamina drain. Most of the time i just run up maybe get a smoke bomb in and then just run away.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2016

I'm a TR, and i jump around a lot with Elven battle. Dodge is my defense. The second i lose my stamina bam i get rooted and killed. It sucks to run up to some one and then have my stamina vanish and most of the time it is a higher geared player. I could take most on and survive or even get a kill , but not with stamina drain. Most of the time i just run up maybe get a smoke bomb in and then just run away.

I am a temptation lock and rely on stamina.
    Being drained, my stamina is at zero and doens´t go up one millimeter.
    Making you walk arround and being 2-3-shooted by every GWF, no contest at all.
    If someone knows how fast a temptationlock gains stamina by getting dottet once you can estimate how these drains work.
    No cooldown as allways forgotten by that dev team.
    Dear devs, I know I wrote it 100 times...--> put a sticker in front of your monitor:
    " I shall not forget the internal cooldown all time"

Not wanting to get offending but since this small little forgetfullness haunts me all the time in this game since I staretd to play I think you are not teachable.
  • Options
    canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User

"My character doesn't rely on stamina or dailies, so I'm lucky there." - @santralafax

I would like to play the same class you are playing, which one is it?

My guess is a healing DC. Sure you may want some stamina to dodge but it is not imperative.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

"My character doesn't rely on stamina or dailies, so I'm lucky there." - @santralafax

I play GWF. Stamina is great for sprint, but not necessary to keep SureStrike popping along. Dailies can be good, but stacking from Surestrike + encounter buffs is nearly so. Unstoppable doesn't depend on stamna. If I can't sprint or pop a daily, I just keep whacking. It's not always to their advantage to take my choices away--they become my target.

When in Unstoppable, I can do MANY SureStrikes in the time it takes to Crescendo.

I didn't say that I function better without stamina or AP, but it rarely stops me in and of itself. I don't need to keep a shield up, for instance. And my build doesn't depend on a snail or DC Sigil to pop dailies every 5 secs or so.
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

I play GWF. Stamina is great for sprint, but not necessary to keep SureStrike popping along. Dailies can be good, but stacking from Surestrike + encounter buffs is nearly so. Unstoppable doesn't depend on stamna. If I can't sprint or pop a daily, I just keep whacking. It's not always to their advantage to take my choices away--they become my target.

When in Unstoppable, I can do MANY SureStrikes in the time it takes to Crescendo.

I didn't say that I function better without stamina or AP, but it rarely stops me in and of itself. I don't need to keep a shield up, for instance. And my build doesn't depend on a snail or DC Sigil to pop dailies every 5 secs or so.
    Yes, well, GWF being a 2-button class (at-will + unstoppable) in all situations certainly helps that. Most of the rest of the classes were designed to need more buttons that that to be good.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    zibadawa said:

Yes, well, GWF being a 2-button class (at-will + unstoppable) in all situations certainly helps that. Most of the rest of the classes were designed to need more buttons that that to be good.
    Sorry I'm not the charmer you are. Nice talkin' budy. (My personal peeve is the OP, if we're talking about 2 button classes, but I didn't invent this schtuff. Sorry cryptic broke your extra buttons.)
  • Options
    I go by Santra Claws now, renamed from Santralafax. What's your current character?
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Oh, the internet: where everyone assumes jokes are grave assaults on their characters and so respond with insults.

Never change, you crazy thing.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

My gwf is Rуц@xsayajinx1

@xsayajinx1 Ow! You have seriously slammed me a few times --including this morning. I'm clearly not BIS of BIS. :-)
    Post edited by santralafax on
  • Options
    Add a smiley or somethin' next time. Sorry.