test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Underdark Owlbear Patch Notes NW.55.20160125b.2 - (2016-02-03 Update)

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Default text color corresponds to build: NW.55.20160125b.0
Light blue text corresponds to build: NW.55.20160125b.2

Call to Arms: Gate Crashers
This Call to Arms sends players to the depths of the Chasm to fight against the aberrants that threaten Scar Keep. Repel the Order of Blue Fire and their plaguechanged brethren, earn rare enchantments, and play for a chance for your very own Intellect Devourer companion!

Start date: Morning of February 11
End date: Morning of February 15

The waves of enemies in this Call to Arms will approach a little more quickly this time around, while the boss will be a little tougher (along the lines of other CTA bosses). All classes added since last run now have access to transmutation weapons.

More Double Events
We've filled in some empty weekends with more Double events! Here's what's new to the roster:

February 4: 2x Experience
February 18: 2x Glory
March 3: 2x Seals

Going forward, events will begin as soon as the regular Thursday maintenance ends. This doesn't change the end time of the event, though the Last Chance vendor for larger events will still leave before the next major event starts.

Content and Environment
General
  • Addressed an exploit, to be posted when the build reaches the live shard.
  • Call to Arms queues no longer incorrectly state that they're "for all levels," though they still properly accept players level 6 or higher.
  • Collections: Addressed a few minor typos in the Icewind Pass location of the Icewind Dale collection.
  • Demogorgon: We've talked to the Goristro and it's agreed to stick around for the full 5 minutes to fight adventurers, no matter when they enter the arena. Please let us know if the Goristro violates our terms of demonic agreement (ToDA).
  • Double- and triple-kills in Gauntlgrym PvP now properly count toward the PvP Campaign.
  • Minor text improvements have been made to Challenge of the Gods content (for the next time the event runs).
  • Prophecy of Madness: The Balor now consistently counts toward Balor-killing achievements.
  • Shores of Tuern (Epic): Players may no longer target their powers through the magical barrier when their party members are in the final boss encounter.
  • Vellosk: The door to Xin'kar Ruins no longer doubles up on its "Enter Xin'kar Ruins" text.

Combat and Powers
Companions
  • The sounds made by the Bear Cub, Polar Bear Cub, Baby Owlbear, and Baby Bulette are now approximately 38% cuter.
NPCs
  • Drizzt's attacks now show proper names in the Combat Log.

Items and Economy
Underdark Rewards
  • The bonus "Demonic Overload" Heroic Encounter no longer drops a ring, but has a chance to drop a Peridot or Aquamarine instead.
  • +4 Epic rings dropped from Underdark content now have an additional Enchantment slot. They all now have one Offense and one Defense slot.
  • +5 Legendary rings dropped from Demogorgon and Epic Demogorgon now drop twice as frequently (but still very, very rarely).
Artifact Weapons
  • Awakened Heart quest items no longer have an "Equip" option in their context menu.
  • Stronghold Shield now properly has a Refine selection in its context menu.
  • Stronghold Sword Knot now properly has a Refine selection in its context menu.
General
  • Horn of Valhalla: This artifact now properly makes sound when used.
  • Siege Master's War Horn: This artifact is now consistently considered an Artifact of Stability.
  • When looting objects with randomized rewards, each player's result is now stored - so waiting for another player loot the object will no longer allow a player to try for a different item.

User Interface
Inventory
  • In the Riches tab, the "Spend" button for Trade Bars is disabled if the player is in another full-screen contact window. (This matches the functionality of the other "Spend" buttons.)
Journal
  • Quest rewards now properly show the number of items the player will receive (e.g. Lights of Simril).
Professions
  • The profession task detail window now scrolls completely, rather than just the rewards section.
Rewards
  • If a player has a reward window open with a rare item (marked with a golden background), and attempts to close the window, they now receive a prompt.
Social
  • Players can now only send Friend Requests if they have reached level 15 on at least one character, charged Zen into Neverwinter, or purchased a pack.
Zen Market
  • The banner for the New Life Lockbox now displays properly.

Gateway
  • Many companions, including the Intellect Devourer, now properly make a sound when selected in Sword Coast Adventures.
  • The banner for the New Life Lockbox now properly links to the New Life Lockbox dev blog.

Graphics, Effects, and Animation
  • Players with Razer Chroma peripherals can now access certain integrated lighting effects.

Stability and Performance
  • A memory leak in the cloth drawing system has been addressed.
  • Another rare deadlock in the VFX system has been addressed.
  • When players fail to transfer to a new map, they no longer become stuck on the map they attempted to leave.

Localization
  • French, German, Italian, and Russian localization is now up-to-date with this build.

Edits:
  • Feb. 1-ish: Items and Economy: (Clarity) "attempt to reroll the result" has been changed to "try for a different item."
  • Feb. 4: D'oh. Wrote down the wrong dates for Gate Crashers. Updated above.
  • Feb. 5: This build is moving to the Owlbear shard; renamed the post accordingly.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    terramak said:

Notes will be a little delayed today! Will edit this post with the notes from this build.

I'll be waiting with impatient patience... You know I love me some Patch Notes! ;)

va8Ru.gif
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Patch notes delayed!?!?! Twitter is going to hear about THIS!

"Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Hahah. Thanks for bearing with me. Finally about to begin plugging away at these, been an action-packed day.
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    terramak said:

Notes will be a little delayed today! Will edit this post with the notes from this build.

The Suspense! Since full class balancing sounds to be some time off in the future, please at least keep doing some of the "band aid" fixes in the interim. To help with major issues, these are actually effective and have helped. They also help see how certain changes play out on live. Some major issues that need bandaids and should not wait longer:

- Paladin bubble perma immortality
    - SW buffs (waiting forever, can we get a bandaid please)
    - GWF and especially GF burst damage is completely ridiculous, too high (and they can permastealth!)
    - Ambush stealth rings are actually permastealth not partial stealth, every class has rogue mechanic (awful).
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User

I happen to like my burst damage, thank you very much. Buff the other classes, leave GWF alone.

Of course you do, lol.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    All righty, finally posted the notes. The suspense wasn't intentional, haha.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    terramak said:

+5 Legendary rings dropped from Demogorgon and Epic Demogorgon now drop twice as frequently (but still very, very rarely).
    From 0.1% to 0.2%? :/
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    terramak said:

More Double Events
    We've filled in some empty weekends with more Double events! Here's what's new to the roster:

February 4: 2x Experience
    February 18: 2x Glory
    March 3: 2x Seals

This is awesome. Thanks!
    terramak said:

Combat and Powers
    Companions

• The sounds made by the Bear Cub, Polar Bear Cub, Baby Owlbear, and Baby Bulette are now approximately 38% cuter.
    Best. Patchnote. EVER! SQUEEEE!
    terramak said:

Items and Economy
    Underdark Rewards

• The bonus "Demonic Overload" Heroic Encounter no longer drops a ring, but has a chance to drop a Peridot or Aquamarine instead.
    Dislike. This has been a great source of RAD for me.
    terramak said:

+4 Epic rings dropped from Underdark content now have an additional Enchantment slot. They all now have one Offense and one Defense slot.
    +5 Legendary rings dropped from Demogorgon and Epic Demogorgon now drop twice as frequently (but still very, very rarely).
    This is cool!

terramak said:

• Players can now only send Friend Requests if they have reached level 15 on at least one character, charged Zen into Neverwinter, or purchased a pack.
    Hopefully this will work!
    terramak said:

Stability and Performance

• A memory leak in the cloth drawing system has been addressed.
    Does this fix the "surfboard cloaks"?
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • linettea16linettea16 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Alum!!!!
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Will the extra slot on +4 rings be retroactive? *begs that this is the case*
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Liking these patch notes, very happy you fixed the node issues. My other suggestion was going to be, "Can you put the nodes in IWD PvP area?" >:)
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    What is the " very, very rarely" chance 2%?
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    Can two crit rings or power rings stack? I have never tried it.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    terramak said:

Default text color corresponds to build: NW.55.20160125b.0

Items and Economy
    Underdark Rewards

A Peridot(because you everyone knows that 99% of the time it will be)? Does Cryptic really despise the playerbase that much? The occasional ring was a nice way to gain RAD, but obviously nice isn't within the Cryptic lexicon.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • imit8rimit8r Member Posts: 74 Arc User

Can two crit rings or power rings stack? I have never tried it.

No, they cannot. You cannot equip 2 underdark rings of the same type.
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    terramak said:

• When looting objects with randomized rewards, each player's result is now stored - so waiting for another player loot the object will no longer allow a player to attempt to reroll the result.
    Are loot rerolls not also an exploit? It seems odd to publish that bug before the fix goes live.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    two30 said:

terramak said:

• When looting objects with randomized rewards, each player's result is now stored - so waiting for another player loot the object will no longer allow a player to attempt to reroll the result.
    Are loot rerolls not also an exploit? It seems odd to publish that bug before the fix goes live.
    This is mostly addressing people HAMSTER each other on masterwork material nodes.

terramak said:

From 0.1% to 0.2%? :/

Notice how it doesn't say anything about the skirmishes : |

I hope they just forgot to write about it in the patch notes but wouldn't be surprised if they forgot that skirmishes are also supposed to drop +5 rings.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • sher0013sher0013 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    terramak said:

Double- and triple-kills in Gauntlgrym PvP now properly count toward the PvP Campaign.

Oh my God
    terramak said:

+4 Epic rings dropped from Underdark content now have an additional Enchantment slot. They all now have one Offense and one Defense slot.

OH MY GOD
    terramak said:

OH MY G...
    terramak said:

Minor text improvements have been made to Challenge of the Gods content (for the next time the event runs).
    Still think the items should be BOA
  • chaosweaver83chaosweaver83 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Seriously? At this point in the game you should not be removing ANY ways to make AD, you should be adding more. Bad move.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Great patch notes. :D Looking forward to this one going live.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Will it be a early patch or the usual day?
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    morenthar said:

Will the extra slot on +4 rings be retroactive? *begs that this is the case*

I most certainly hope it is retroactive.

They're not adding more +4 rings they're changing the current ones ...
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I am curious, but do you never see anything but good patch notes?
    Definitely not an Arc User.
This discussion has been closed.