test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Interact Issue - FIXED

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Update: This issue should be fixed now. Thanks for being awesome, everyone!

Update: Servers will be going down at 5:45PM PST in order to stabilize servers and hopefully fix this issue. Estimated downtime is roughly 15 minutes.

Hey adventurers,

Just like the message says above all the Xbox forums, we're aware of the issues with interacting and are working to resolve them. In the meantime, please submit a ticket to our support at support.arcgames.com.

If you have any information or workarounds that can help your fellow adventurers, please do so here.

We'd also like to ask where you're stuck, in what instance and around what time/day it started.

Thank you!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• Options
    speedokillzspeedokillz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2016

I don't even log out of the game I just push the button with the X that's glowing (the home button for the Xbox one). Then I press The menu button, (the little one with three lines on it) I then scroll down to manage game. to the right you will see saved data under save datayou will see a box with the words clear reserved space.Select it and then select delete from console (You will need to delete it twice because it will pop up again the first time it's deleted). I have not deleted the save data with my user name therefore I suggest you don't either. After four or five times of doing this the bug will finally correct itself. If you try to reenter the dungeon where this whole mess started, it will most likely happen again. So just skip the quest chain until they get a fix for this .

I followed this advice and was able to get out... Do not try to go back to the same quest. This will at least allow you to run dungeons, run HE's in your Stronghold, etc.

EDIT: On one toon it took running through this process 7 times... another only took 2 times.
  • Options
    erikiller14#5045 erikiller14 Member Posts: 2 New User
    This has happened on two characters I am now having to start a third in three days wtf
  • Options
    erikiller14#5045 erikiller14 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Sort stuck in black dagger the hidden cove
  • Options
    mona782#0672 mona782 Member Posts: 1 New User
    My GWF is stuck in Ebon Down, about three days ago... Today I created a second character, now she is stuck in Tower District about 3 hours ago.
  • Options
    theeou13#0876 theeou13 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I got stuck in Pirate's Skyhold 2 days ago about 5pm(UTC+2) while doing mission Beneath Skull Fortress. I was suppose to enter under the Skull Fortress through that hatch, then i got that message something like "unable to load character container". After that i wasn't able to interact with anything. I tried couple of log outs and turning console off but it didn't help. Then after few hours i logged back in and i was able to return completed mission, then i tried again Beneath Skull Fortress and got "stuck" again. Whole yesterday i wasn't able to interact and most of today but 2 hours ago i logged back in and saw that i can talk to NPCs again and ran straight to Travel point and now i'm safely in Protectors Enclave. Everything seems to be working so far for now, was able to do few other missions. It seemed that many people got stuck by doing that same mission.
  • Options
    nikkix92nikkix92 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Yesterday I got stuck with 4 other friends in sharandar. We were trying to enter the arcane reservoir, but it kicked us back to log in screen. When we loaded back in we couldn't interact with anything or teleport to moonstone mask/signpost etc. We fixed it by asking online guild members to go to Sharandar instance 5 where we were stuck. We logged out and then when instance 5 got full (40 people) they told us it was full so we logged back in and it put us in sharandar instance 1 and we could interact and everything again :) So if you get stuck and cannot get out of an instance, get that instance full while you're logged out and when you log in it will have to put you in a different instance and you'll be fixed.

If you need help when I'm on I can ask my friends if they can fill instance for you when you logged out and tell you when to log back in and you'll be moved to new instance and fixed. My gamertag XDarkAngel1992X
  • Options
    allonsieallonsie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I got unstuck 3 times now by logging our and logging back in until it puts me in a new instance. Works like a charm.
  • Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    my friend and I got stuck doing the missions in blacklake for the crown, You can not invoke on your character until you complete those missions.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • Options
    icekoldxicekoldx Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    This was a support ticket I put in this morning.

---I'm in Raven Cliff Beach area doing quest "The Hidden Cove. When I click on the door it said, "Couldn't transfer character container". I was logged out, I logged back in and tried it again. Same thing happened, on the next login I got the interact bug that stop me from picking up items or using "Interact" ( A button). This is on Xbox One. I hope this detailed explanation helps you guys find a fix. Keep us update on twitter plz.---

General Temporary Fixs-- all these fixs have been attempted by me but but not all is my finding. Credit goes to others trying to help the community like myself. I'll edit this post as I get the correct information for the people deserving the credit for the find. Until then just accept the help we all are trying to give, I guess.

-- 1. Make all companions IDLE, press middle X button on control to go to dashboard, press Menu button ( the one with 3 lines), go to quit, restart the game and relog in. DO NOT go back to the quest you was doing just skip it for now. Once the game is restarted see if it worked. 75% of time this works for me.

-- 2. Press start ingame, go to Options, click Change Character. This takes you to the Character Selection Screen, select your character and hope it works. This temp fix works approximately 50% of the times tested. Its truely hit or miss.

--3. Do all steps in #1 but instead of instantly going back into the game. Take a 10 minute break go smoke a cig or bowl whatever it is you do and just wait approximately 10 minutes and try again.

-- 4. Press big X Button in middle of controller, highlight Neverwinter, press Menu button ( 3 lines), go to manage game, on the right you will see "Saved Data", highlight "Clear reserved space" and press Menu button, press A and click Delete from console. It won't delete the first time you do it so do it again until it is gone. Restart the game and good luck. I've attempted this one time and it worked great so 100% accurate atm. Credit for this one goes to the person in the top post of this thread.

Using any of the above steps has ONE major rule that if you fail to follow you will have to repeat these steps again for the CHANCE it will work.

ONLY RULE TO THE ABOVE:::: DO NOT RETURN TO THE SAME SPOT (try to complete the same quest etc) YOU WAS AT WHEN THE ISSUE OCCURRED. ***you have been warned***.

Personal Opinion: Twitter keeps saying to put in a ticket. I suggest trying these steps first. Reason being is, its pulling resources away from a fix to reset your character to Enclave when technically with some patience and luck you can do it yourself and free that gamemaster or engineer up to find a fix (aka-- the Wizards). Try these steps and post you own here with as much detail as possible, the more information they have the faster it can be fixed.

Hope this mini guide will help some of you or all of you.

If you guys want to play together message me
    Gamertag: IceKoldX
    IKX@IceKoldX - for ingame etc.

Goodluck everyone and thank you Wizards for the continues hard work. ( this message is not an endorsement and no I'm not being paid to say any of this). However, we could show a little respect even when we are upset with issues. BYE GUYS good luck
    Post edited by icekoldx on
  • Options
    artorias#5789 artorias Member Posts: 1 New User
    I got stuck in Helms Hold trying to turn in a quest. "coundn't transfer character container" is what it said, or close to it.
  • Options
    betabehemoth001betabehemoth001 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    On your stuck character go options, I am stuck, I'm stuck (not defeat me), back to options, logout. When you log back into your character you should be fixed. If that don't work quit your game first then try again. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    heruayeheruaye Member Posts: 1 New User
    i have had limited success logging out resetting the router and modem. second limited success i have had is log to character select go to an alt switch instances on that character, log back into the original character and exit zone.
  • Options
    spacequeen#6705 spacequeen Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Or just quit this p.o.s.game.....
  • Options
    kreat3nkreat3n Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Bugged quests I've found so far, if you avoid doing them you won't get stuck.
    :: Clockwork Guild Tomb - enter the clockwork tomb approach, Neverdeath graveyard
    :: Devil's Council - Resuce Councilman Graves, Helm's Hold
    :: The Barrow Lords, Ebon Hold
    :: The Shadow Fall - Raid the Shadowkeeper's Temple, Vellosk
    :: Beneath Skull Fortress - Go Beneath Skull Fortress, Pirates' Skyhold.
    My toon is now 43 and started lvling when interact issues started avoiding these quests has allowed me to continue. Will post more when find them.
  • Options
    criosphinx#1517 criosphinx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    hi i'm still fairly new but it's saying no shards available can't connect. is anyone else having this issue?
  • Options
    drw#0700 drw Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I agree with kreat3n above. 100% fail rate on the quests named, resulting in the bug 100% of the time. I would add "Sleeping Dragon Bridge" from the starter zone - got stuck there 3 out of 6 tries, and no way to change instance there so deleted instead.

To fix, I usually log the character out and simply return - when the instance changes, usually I'm free. The one exception to this was in Neverdeath while all my companions were idle. Lasted 16 hours with approximately 60 logout attempts. I removed companions from idle and the next attempt fixed my character.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    three days ago for me. it was clockwork tomb. I tried all the mentioned things to get unstuck. none of them worked. but I did get unstuck twice. both times was just from completely powering down the xbox and leaving it overnight. unstuck next day. first time this happened i was able to get back into clockwork tomb and finish it. but then was stuck on exit. I tried a bunch of stuff to be unstuck didn't work. gave up and came back today and unstuck. turned in my quest got my bag and now I'm going to follow the advice of the above and not do any of those other bugged quests until a fix has been implemented.
  • Options
    manny#3365 manny Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Was stuck at spinward rise.Fix buy logging off and back on and immediately hitting teleport stone.
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Is this issue fixed now?

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    basshawk67basshawk67 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Still having sporadic unable to interact issues - just occurred in neverwinter graveyard - Emissary of the dead quest - was unable to pick up items or attack - acting like the game was lagging - bug not fixed yet - now getting "server not responding" message
  • Options
    kreat3nkreat3n Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Ty so much for the fix mine seems to be great apart from the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that learned a new trick and keeps DDOS the servers. Will post if I strike the inability to interact
  • Options
    icekoldxicekoldx Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Yea the ddos last night was horrible, hopefully they fix this kid next like some jail time or something. Stupid enough to admit it and put it on social media for attention. Then stupid enough to pay for it.