test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is not only pvp dead but also and pve.

mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
edited January 2016 in PvE Discussion
Today i gone for the surplus equipment tier 2 runs.
A friend equiped high vizier.It was very disgusting my new righteous cleric to land 300k critical daunting not even 1 stack of empowerement.
1m daunting full empower was my next attack.
ITs not player fault to use old set but cryptic i believe. I suggest to change the code no longer able to equip it if you are level 70.
I DO not think the old set users will be upset because they sacrifice their hp to achieve that are like dummies standing to one spot and cast steal time in case of vizier.
A Healthy pve community doesnt want earn item-ad with ridiculous ways.

A note : and the problem should be : why so much damage in pve and not which class deal more damage.
THIS game is not even pve.

Comments

• kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    You complain about old bonuses set , okay , but why this title ?
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    Because pvp died because of op items and now and pve coming.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    The only thing that is really causing an issue for PVE right now is lack of challenging and rewarding end game content- like dungeons.

That gear has been in the game since it's inception. The gear didn't kill PVE- removal of PVE content is the the problem- In my opinion.​​
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2016

A friend equiped high vizier.It was very disgusting my new righteous cleric to land 300k critical daunting not even 1 stack of empowerement.
    ITs not player fault to use old set but cryptic i believe. I suggest to change the code no longer able to equip it if you are level 70.
    I DO not think the old set users will be upset because they sacrifice their hp to achieve that are like dummies standing to one spot and cast steal time in case of vizier.

A note : and the problem should be : why so much damage in pve and not which class deal more damage.

So erm, don't use it? You don't have to run dungeons with people using those sets.

People can already clear content ridiculously fast without them anyways. Doing guild runs of eDemo and everyone is so overgeared that they just throw Goristro into the spawn wall because it takes less time to just burn him down than it does to hit yellow portals.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    PvP died because people were unable to compete with the BiS players and not because of OP items... That's not, can't, and won't affect PvE in anyways.
    FrozenFire
    old sets like vizier prophet and mc for sw, had very good bonuses because classes was lacking of good buffs.
    example now cleric give a lot stronger buffs than before so is no need for those sets anymore.
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User

old sets like vizier prophet and mc for sw, had very good bonuses because classes was lacking of good buffs.
    example now cleric give a lot stronger buffs than before so is no need for those sets anymore.

*yawns*

U must be bored.

Focus seriously on rebuilding ur cw so u will be acctualy worth noticing in parties. Should take u a while. Friendly advice.

And let me be doing edemo in 8min or less, rng is set so low on legend rings, i need it to be fast, every1 needs, otherway even more endgamers will burn out trying to get they stuff, didnt think about that did u?... oh right im speaking to mamalion...

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    I think problem is more general.
    In the past we had a choice of multiple dungeons. We were going there with fun and if had luck drop an item we need or just sell it on AH.

Now we have refreshed old 3 dungs but with NO REWARD. All we can get is a HAMSTER for 3k rough ad. really?
    Somehow we lost this game. PVP is dead cause lack of balance and pure iritation of players.
    PVE is even worst, cause NO point to do it. close to zero drop of epic ring, which should never appear in NWO? And I'm not bored. I wish to have motivation to play. But I don't have.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    Sadly this game has not had any difficult pve, even with mod6 mob armor pen. People simply didn't adapt to it and complained it was too hard or a "bug" with their armor pen.

This game is for casual gaming so you will not see any difficult dungeons that require strategy or very little communication between party members. They tried that in mod6, and enough people raised complains for them to switch back.

Even when we had the old sets, plenty of classes had very good buffs, just people rarely utilize them and focus mainly on those sets.

*yawns*

U must be bored.

Focus seriously on rebuilding ur cw so u will be acctualy worth noticing in parties. Should take u a while. Friendly advice.

And let me be doing edemo in 8min or less, rng is set so low on legend rings, i need it to be fast, every1 needs, otherway even more endgamers will burn out trying to get they stuff, didnt think about that did u?... oh right im speaking to mamalion...

(Sin)cerely
    Kain
    watch your signature if they cant put even tiny efford into learning how to play, they dont deserve t2 gear, Period. and then repeat : And let me be doing edemo in 8min or less, rng is set so low on legend rings, i need it to be fast, every1 needs, otherway even more endgamers will burn out trying to get they stuff, didnt think about that did u?
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    lol the problem is people running around in 40k hp gear and debuffing bosses?

Come on, the problem is that content is made with the intention of everyone being able to successfully run it. So yeah when people try running a 1.8K ilvl dungeon and they are 4k it is going to be a lot easy. Those old sets have been in place for 2 years they can't be what's killing the game else its been a very very slow death.

If you want a challenge take off turn off your companions, try running solo, or pug. If your not enjoying PVE don't do it, stick to the part of the game that interests you enough to login everyday. If you don't enjoy logging in everyday, then its time to move on
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    putzboy78 said:

lol the problem is people running around in 40k hp gear and debuffing bosses?

Come on, the problem is that content is made with the intention of everyone being able to successfully run it. So yeah when people try running a 1.8K ilvl dungeon and they are 4k it is going to be a lot easy. Those old sets have been in place for 2 years they can't be what's killing the game else its been a very very slow death.

If you want a challenge take off turn off your companions, try running solo, or pug. If your not enjoying PVE don't do it, stick to the part of the game that interests you enough to login everyday. If you don't enjoy logging in everyday, then its time to move on

Pretty much this. I cant remember many people using HV, or HP in mod 6 bug time, because dps race was not the only thing that mattered during dungeon. Actually dps wasnt that important as survivability. If you can live without problems with 40k hp then there is something wrong with difficulty level. And I dont even mean bubble, most burn parties take GFs, because of ridiculous ITF (and some minor other) boost.
    Post edited by wentris on
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    in mod 6 bug time we had no one to protect people in lvl60 gear. Very few perma-bubble OPs existed and tanks were being one-shot by archers lol

So yes everyone's focus was on survivability, so the problem is not the gear its the content
    Post edited by putzboy78 on
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Bring level 70 sets with setskills equal to the old one, but fixed...problem solved

Just don't run with that friend. If premades are ruining your playtime shift point of view and run PUGS. There you will find challenge. If others enjoy speedruns and grinds let them do.

I don't run premades from months except some guild run and I am now happy.

Im just... I... holly cow...

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Just don't run with that friend. If premades are ruining your playtime shift point of view and run PUGS. There you will find challenge. If others enjoy speedruns and grinds let them do.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain
    I also found running pugs alot of times fun and more challenging. Sometimes completely futile. But I realize that's the risk. I also look at like, hey maybe these people are really new players without dedicated guilds/friends to run with, if I can help them get some gear or complete a dungeon fantastic. Other times you meet you new and interesting players and groups.

I dont recommend it though, if you are trying to be super efficient, or have zero patience or communication skills. It's not for everybody.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Really, complaining about ppl using HV or HP? IT is ruining PvE. IMO the lack of content and the lack of a que system are ruining it.

This game is designed for casual gamers. There are ppl with ~4k IL, perfect or near perfect gear, for their class and build, and casual gamers. The first one has a dps 3-5 times higher, than the 2nd one, on average. The first one most likely knows how to skill his char, build a group etc.

I use HV and HP set, but if I run premade I dont need it, it just makes things faster. If you have to PuG EDemo, you can help a bunch of mediocre players get triple gold with a rightous DC. Certain classes and builds are OP, the old sets are just the icing on the cake.

Even if you drop the old sets, you will have high IL players with good builds, that are more effectiv than you random player, by far. How do they ruin your gameplay by outgearing the availabe content?

While it is diffcult, to compare DC, GF, CW, OP or other classes, bc ppl can build for dmg or utility, GWFs can be compared by dps. Take a typical EDemo run. You will have 2 or 3 GWFs reigning your paingiver. Dismiss the ones obviously build for PvP and compare the PvE GWFs. There will be 4k GWFs doing twice the dmg of the next player, BUT there will be 4k PvE GWFs, who get owned by a 2.5k GWF. The thing is, no set or class or player is OP. OP are certain builds combined with players, who have the gear and the knowlege, to utilize them to an extend, that is far above the average players.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Great speak asterotg. 100% sign.
    asterotg said:

Really, complaining about ppl using HV or HP? IT is ruining PvE. IMO the lack of content and the lack of a que system are ruining it.

This game is designed for casual gamers. There are ppl with ~4k IL, perfect or near perfect gear, for their class and build, and casual gamers. The first one has a dps 3-5 times higher, than the 2nd one, on average. The first one most likely knows how to skill his char, build a group etc.

I use HV and HP set, but if I run premade I dont need it, it just makes things faster. If you have to PuG EDemo, you can help a bunch of mediocre players get triple gold with a rightous DC. Certain classes and builds are OP, the old sets are just the icing on the cake.

Even if you drop the old sets, you will have high IL players with good builds, that are more effectiv than you random player, by far. How do they ruin your gameplay by outgearing the availabe content?

While it is diffcult, to compare DC, GF, CW, OP or other classes, bc ppl can build for dmg or utility, GWFs can be compared by dps. Take a typical EDemo run. You will have 2 or 3 GWFs reigning your paingiver. Dismiss the ones obviously build for PvP and compare the PvE GWFs. There will be 4k GWFs doing twice the dmg of the next player, BUT there will be 4k PvE GWFs, who get owned by a 2.5k GWF. The thing is, no set or class or player is OP. OP are certain builds combined with players, who have the gear and the knowlege, to utilize them to an extend, that is far above the average players.

Could not say it better with my narrow english vocabulary. Thumbs up!

(Sin)cerely
    Kain
    I also found running pugs alot of times fun and more challenging. Sometimes completely futile. But I realize that's the risk. I also look at like, hey maybe these people are really new players without dedicated guilds/friends to run with, if I can help them get some gear or complete a dungeon fantastic. Other times you meet you new and interesting players and groups.

I dont recommend it though, if you are trying to be super efficient, or have zero patience or communication skills. It's not for everybody.
    I dont, that is, i can pull 4 newbies in dung just due to my toons being great builded, but it will take so long my patience will run off, it would be nice if they would acctuly do they job, but most of the time they disturb. Not for my patience.

As a gamer i value efficiency almost over all. That is, in a window of time i spend on making ingame manies. I will never run my 10 elol ruotine with newbies, with friends i can do it in 2h-2.5h (like 30min of this we waste on remaking parties anyway), with any pug, it usualy goes over 4h. No thank u.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• malfoirmalfoir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User

Well, its hard to do random runs on these days - queue is also dead, no players there.
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    Old sets bonuses needs to be removed or made to something like 400/400, all of them.
    smulch said:

Old sets bonuses needs to be removed or made to something like 400/400, all of them.

Some1 salvaged his HV i bet.

*whistles*

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

asterotg said:

those 4k gwf must be start the battle with ibs and never mark enemies.
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Why so serious... when I join eDemo runs, I sit at the gate to watch my servants fight the dudes and moments later.....ding! PROFIT! :smiley:
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • malabogpigfeedermalabogpigfeeder Member Posts: 97 Arc User

"ridiculous ways" summed up.
    I would appreciate you to not read my signature, now that you did, dont do it again.
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User

smulch said:

Some1 salvaged his HV i bet.

*whistles*

(Sin)cerely
    Kain
    Nope, I still have it. I still think it needs to be nerfed.