test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

(PVE Too Easy) The Traven Speedkill Challenge:

thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
edited January 2016 in PvE Discussion
As my friends and I have got more or less bored due to how easy the game is, we have been inventing challenges for ourselves to get some fun out of the game. This is one of them I thought I would share with you, it illustrates how trivial content is at endgame. The challenge is to post a video of how fast you can kill the last boss in eCC. The rules are simple, you can use whatever gear you have and you are allowed to wipe as often as you like to get the fastest run you can. Here is our fastest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io6daJ98EJY

From when we engaged (after he finished his first bloodbath and entered drunken rage) to when he died was 8 seconds. Our Party composition was righteous DC (zoe), MoF CW (Me), SS ren (Freedom), buffer GF (littleknight) and GWF (Snoo Snoo).

Enjoy racing that :)
Post edited by thefabricant on

Comments

• Options
    btfdbtfd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    Could've been even faster because I (GF) failed to activate Daily for more DR which would've resulted in more dps boost via ITF :D

• Options
    cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    nice going fab keep it up bro
  • Options
  • Options
    Here we have GF point of view lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILQg_KWu_9g

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    nice damage distribution lol

lv 90 here we come
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I'm curious to see the GWF point of view on this.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Did the GWF solo the dungeon? I have never seen CWs beat that bad.

No, we simply all ran support roles. A MoF CW has low damage (I ran a MoF spec specifically for this dungeon run) as it would speed up the boss kill. A thaum CW would still only do 2/3rds of the GWF's damage though, freedom was specced SS ren though and not SS thaum. If you feel that our wizards were simply bad, I invite them to run with either me or freedom, or snoo. I am curious when it comes to these mythical CW's that do more damage then gwf's. I accept that they don't exist and as the purpose of the run was to beat the boss as fast as possible, I took the party composition I thought would work best.
    kreatyve said:

I'm curious to see the GWF point of view on this.

Snoo did not video it I am afraid, otherwise I would have posted it.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    GJ

btw the boredom is a side effect of all end game mods being at the same level instead of additive. If the difficulty was additive it would take 6 months of questing after reaching 70 to unlock all the boons for more game time instead of everyone reaching end game 1-2 months after reaching lvl 70.

Let's hope mod 9 is more difficult than mod 8 was
  • Options
    edited January 2016

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1210881/thaumaturges-time-to-shine-a-complete-guide Use this SS build with LM set, Mythic-Lantern, Thayan Book, Controller Sigil, high crit, Storm Spell and Chilling Presence. CoI on Tab, Steal Time, Icy Terrain, Sudden Storm. DF or Elven Armor, not HV. Of course you need rank 12s, crit sev pets, and air and fire archons.

I run with that build author and more often then not, I do twice erza's damage (with worse gear). Furthermore, Erza asked for my advice when writing it (You can ask Erza in game if you like if what I am saying is true :p). I will continue to run my own build thank you very much.

For the ignorant, HV provides a 30% damage boost to the whole team, thats 30% more damage that Freedom or Snoo would otherwise not have had. The key to Speedruns is TEAMWORK, not each player racing on dps by themselves. Rather then DPS racing, we were working together to ensure the team dps as a whole was at its absolute maximum.

If anyone wants details into our exact party breakdown and strategy I am fine with sharing both, this is not the first time we have done this, we have tried multiple times and a lot of thought and preparation went into getting that kill to be that fast, however, it is probably possible to do it even faster.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    It is simple math. I ran EDemo with my rightous DO HP DC and a friend with his SW. He finished 1st on paingiver and I finished 4th. When he bragged about his dmg I just said 'substract 50% of the dmg dealt by every player and add it to mine and you can see the actual dmg contribution'.

Similar calculations can be done for HV CW, ITF GF etc. If ppl would realize, that top dps is not first in paingiver, many runs would be much faster.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1210881/thaumaturges-time-to-shine-a-complete-guide Use this SS build with LM set, Mythic-Lantern, Thayan Book, Controller Sigil, high crit, Storm Spell and Chilling Presence. CoI on Tab, Steal Time, Icy Terrain, Sudden Storm. DF or Elven Armor, not HV. Of course you need rank 12s, crit sev pets, and air and fire archons.

All older pre-mod6 gear sets (DC,SW,CW,GF) are out of reach for new players which joined game in mod 6 and after.

My personal opinion that using them to archive superior performance is not intended way to play game. They are not officially exploit but it is not decent way to measure legitimate performance.

Matter of fact, developers see no issue in it and that confirms my opinion about state of game as well.

EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• Options

The key [...] is TEAMWORK, not each player racing on dps by themselves. Rather then DPS racing, we were working together to ensure the team dps as a whole was at its absolute maximum.

It's so sad that so many people just don't get this.

• Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    That is amazingly fun to watch. ~ Thanks for sharing! - My friends and I usually run through all DPS runs through T1s for fun when we're bored.​​
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    What kind of spells do you use to apply HV in bossfights? I use shard on tab, repel and ice knife for HV stacks, RoE and CoI for further debuff and continous life leech and desintegrate for dmg.
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    btfd said:

Could've been even faster because I (GF) failed to activate Daily for more DR which would've resulted in more dps boost via ITF :D

Your daily and all direct DR boosts dont increase your ITF damage boost, so dont worry :P
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    Nope VM adds a DR to the ITF buff.

So the optimal way is to hit VM before using ITF. The only issue is VM has a long animation and looking at the above video it's not easy to hit the combo before the fight is over lol :expressionless:
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    kemi1984 said:

So the optimal way is to hit VM before using ITF. The only issue is VM has a long animation and looking at the above video it's not easy to hit the combo before the fight is over lol :expressionless:

GG there BTW! I've run few cookie cutter dungs with only one pure DPS and rest with buff/debuff party members. This combination is so devastating that bosses just disappear, no they do not die...they just vanish in seconds :)
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    I guess, dps was so high, that Oppressive force just hit a hole in space-time continuum and Traven was just sent in a different place/time. Maybe back to mod2.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    asterotg said:

What kind of spells do you use to apply HV in bossfights? I use shard on tab, repel and ice knife for HV stacks, RoE and CoI for further debuff and continous life leech and desintegrate for dmg.

I open with steal time, then reapply using icy terrain and oppressive. Due to how short the fight was, I chose to use ray of enfeeblement on tab. This was because the party could actually get the benefit out of the double applied debuff.

There was a trick to this battle though. We waited on applying most of our debuffs till after the bloodbath ended. This gave snoo the opportunity to get back from the barrel and it also means the debuffs were not wasted as he is immune during the bloodbath.

Surprised nobody has asked the obvious question yet though :p
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    kemi1984 said:

Are you sure? My GF friend asked me to help him test it a few days ago and it seemed not to work. I will test it again myself today. Remember you cant test it on your GF only, because VM increases your damage as well, you have to have 2nd person to cast 2 different ITF buffs.
  • Options
    eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    kemi1984 said:

It was tested by a GF on the class forums with ACT to show it doesn't effect ITF.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

asterotg said:

I open with steal time, then reapply using icy terrain and oppressive. Due to how short the fight was, I chose to use ray of enfeeblement on tab. This was because the party could actually get the benefit out of the double applied debuff.

There was a trick to this battle though. We waited on applying most of our debuffs till after the bloodbath ended. This gave snoo the opportunity to get back from the barrel and it also means the debuffs were not wasted as he is immune during the bloodbath.

I use steal time on trash. The animation is a little bit long for boss fights compared to repel, imo. I never checked if IT applies HV stacks, so I never used it in boss fights, good to know. Thanks for the answer.

• Options
    asterotg said:

asterotg said:

I use steal time on trash. The animation is a little bit long for boss fights compared to repel, imo. I never checked if IT applies HV stacks, so I never used it in boss fights, good to know. Thanks for the answer.

@asterotg
    Icy terrain only applies 1 stack, but that doesn't matter, since you only need to apply all 3 once with steal time and then you can use icy terrain to refresh the stacks. Also, if you interrupt the steal time animation after 2 hits, it applies 3 stacks but it puts it on a 4 second cooldown rather then the full cooldown, which makes it a good ability for applying stacks. The real trick to making this fight as fast as possible is popping the barrel the moment you enter, which forces traven into drunken rage. When in drunken rage, traven deals 100% more damage but also takes 100% more damage for a period of ~10 seconds (15 or so if you include both bloodbaths). This means that you sacrifice a few seconds of time to pop the barrel, in order to gain a few more by having him take a lot more damage. I will say the fight can be done faster, we did not have a PF enchant as I had mine on another character at the time, neither did we all use buff potions and neither myself, the dc, or the GF are maxed out. If we were all BiS, rather then just freedom and snoo, we could probably cut off 2/3 more seconds.
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User

I am curious when it comes to these mythical CW's that do more damage then gwf's.

Well...ppl like defiantone99 keeping this rumors alive. I guess defiant was never in a grp with a really bad HAMSTER GWF like snoo. Our GWFs allways smile when i tell them that CWs still think they can beat a good GWF :) We never saw one...we never got one in our grp...we never heared a name of them...but they should exist...or not? :D:D

But thats not the reason for this boss death. The reason is perfect teamplay, using all what the game is offering ( HV set, HP set etc.) and all buffs/debuffs you can make. This Grp shows how to handle this game. 2 points:

1. Awesome ^^. Really awesome to see how fast he died . Great job!!
    2. Sadly we are at module 5 again :'(

• Options
    blinxon said:

I am curious when it comes to these mythical CW's that do more damage then gwf's.

Well...ppl like defiantone99 keeping this rumors alive. I guess defiant was never in a grp with a really bad HAMSTER GWF like snoo. Our GWFs allways smile when i tell them that CWs still think they can beat a good GWF :) We never saw one...we never got one in our grp...we never heared a name of them...but they should exist...or not? :D:D

But thats not the reason for this boss death. The reason is perfect teamplay, using all what the game is offering ( HV set, HP set etc.) and all buffs/debuffs you can make. This Grp shows how to handle this game. 2 points:

1. Awesome ^^. Really awesome to see how fast he died . Great job!!
    2. Sadly we are at module 5 again :'(

@blinxon agreed with pretty much everything you wrote lol, we probably next going to try killing the boss in eGWD before it goes invulnerable even once, its going to be a real pain though, but at least it gives us something to do :p
  • Options
    imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    let's hope someone in charge notice this and make the game a bit more challenging
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User

we probably next going to try killing the boss in eGWD before it goes invulnerable even once, its going to be a real pain though, but at least it gives us something to do :p

Thats why we need at least one new dungeon with really hard encounters. We need challenge. We dont need Mod 5 style.
    I know, not all in this game got BIS gear and i know, not all can play that well in a grp....but after they fixed the dr bug this game came really close to module 5. And for me module 5 was boring as hell...