test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Now Available: New Life Lockbox is Born!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Our agents have taken a break from exploring ancient ruins and dusty tombs to visit new regions where the land is young and pulsing with life. Our latest lockbox is full of the treasures they’ve found. The New Life Lockbox will be arriving in Neverwinter on Thursday, January 21.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9754403

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

Our agents have taken a break from exploring ancient ruins and dusty tombs to visit new regions where the land is young and pulsing with life.

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    This looks good. I am glad to hear that you did not just add old packs but redid all packs. The new baby companions is awsome i will need to get me some of that.

It apears that we are getting some real positive changes reecently keep it up.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    nealbeatnealbeat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    Does that mean Jackpot gives more Tarmalune Bars?
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    Oh sweet.

I must have many of these to go with my many, many pairs of pants.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @strumslinger are the new Companions bind on pickup or equip?

Or is it just the bundle that is available on the AH?

Edit: Saw the answer, they are BoE and can be found on the AH via bundle or individually. Thanks! :)
    Post edited by kolatmaster on
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    totallynotadrowtotallynotadrow Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I actually liked the Resurgence box (never got anything super-good out of it, but still), so I'm looking forward to this next one.
  • Options
    khaymanbbkhaymanbb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    You guys really want to make a ton of money? You need to start selling a token that will make any Bind on Character item (mount, companion, etc...) to Bind on Account. Dude, I'd buy several. Have a killer mount on a junk character I want for my main, but can't use. If I spent 1000 zen on a token like this, I would do it in a heartbeat.
    Want to make even more money? Make a Bind on Character token for 10,000 zen Bind on Equip. lol
  • Options
    sturmwaldsturmwald Member Posts: 4 Arc User

I am constantly amazed on the amount of HAMSTER devs come up with in this game to get money, can't realy blame them though, as a free game there should be some ways to get cash.
    But after opening 100 boxes(2 months vip purchase) and getting just a lot of HAMSTER to clutter the bank slots, in itself a good way to make people spend zen(think i must have gotten 30 companion packs alone, with utter junkin, not 1 upgrade token), i will never waste money on keys to open these boxes
    Is there another way of gaining Tal.bars, those i would spend zen on
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Maybe they could take a look at
    http://www.trovesaurus.com/page=930/lootbox-karma
    and think about a similar system here.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    im guessing old boxes that shared the same minor loots didnt get there minor loots drop rates doubled?
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer

Our agents have taken a break from exploring ancient ruins and dusty tombs to visit new regions where the land is young and pulsing with life.

Your infinite knowledge of GIFs crack me up :).

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    gloomx72gloomx72 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Ill be trying a few of these with my VIP key. On that note.. you guys seriously need to revamp the Zen Market. I try to spend money there, I really do... but then I realize there is not alot on there I want or need, so instead I buy using AD from the AH. I have had 2500 Zen on my account for 6 months and i finally spent it on Idle companion slots, runic bag and the 1 month VIP. I dont see me renewing VIP unless I get something with the key in 30 days that makes it worthwhile.. not just a bunch of junk to take up bag and bank slots. The bonus stuff that comes with the VIP is just fluff.. i dont need more ID scrolls ;) Anyways, the newlife companions look nice.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited January 2016

im guessing old boxes that shared the same minor loots didnt get there minor loots drop rates doubled?

It looks like they changed the description on all lockboxes?
    But i think that's about it, what they changed in the old lockboxes.

Can't say anything for sure about the loot, since
    a. it's still just random...
    and
    b. i'm still collecting my daily lockbox keys, and wait for the end of this month to use them all in one go.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options

Your infinite knowledge of GIFs crack me up :).

B):):D;)B)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    harvester#7423 harvester Member Posts: 7 Arc User

• Options
    oxbassoxbass Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    As long as the runes and 'chants are of a decent rank, I'll horde 'em for 2x weekends and just sell the overflow (>99 in a stack) on the AH. I must say I was pleasantly blown away when I saw my first-ever upgrade tokens after opening countless companion packs in the past. I thought they were just a myth; something which "existed" yet really didn't, creating an artificial AD-sink when players wanted to upgrade their companions.