test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP Temptation , build by Quallo

schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
edited March 2016 in The Nine Hells
Hi,

I want to introduce this Temptation build to you since I know warlock has got hard times in PVP and a lot to suffer.
PVP is not very famous atm, right. I want to prevent new player who step in PVP to suffer the same way most warlocks did, like mine, with a build that definitely is gonna work even being not BIS and preventing you from dying lot´s of time having unlimited stamina even outrunnig GWF by that with ease

I respecced few days ago into temptation from fury (by accident) and run near all dungeons and raids performing very good in almost every aspect, beside the aggroproblem from the massive healing - the capstone works nice having 30% LS without any effort.
Now I modified the setup a bit towards PVP, but you will also have fun in PVE running it-I guarantee.
I took part in PVP since mod 4 with different builds. I now want to share this one because most ppl tend to keep their secrets and doesn´t share a lot in the forum.
Since my performance was obviously better against some classes running temptation, former fury, I wanted to tell this to the community first hand.

I came from temptation mod 4 to fury mod 5 to damnation mod 6+7 (mega damage, but broken) back to fury mod 7/8 (tab-tab-tab-tab) and now back to the roots and i have to admit , it is by far the best performing build from all builds I run in PVP.
Damnation is the weakest tree to do PVP imo, since your puppet is 90% dead, facing 3k+ PVP player
Fury has nice offense advantage fom capstone, but tbh Creeping Death mostly deals a suboptimal ammount from overall damage.
Temptation lacks a bit in damage/burst but you deal more than other classes do and I could contest vs. meleeclasses like GWF and GF far better than being furylock-the reason lies in the big mobilityboost.
Since most people can´t afford 5x r12´s darks in utilityslots, the only option is to waste 5 points in "Shadow Fold", boons like "Elven resolve" from Sharandar, "Refreshing Chill" from Dreadring etc.. being fury skilled.
Even doing so you can´t stand against a GWF most time (the good ones), especially the guys with a runner build, since your stamina will run out and he will burst you in no time standing on your feet- you will lose in case he knows his class.
Facing Hunter, CW, TR, SW it may take longer but your defense is much better, being mobile all time using shadowwalk/mitigation and having more lifesteal.
On top you spend some heal (not much) and buff your group with 20% pwwer+5% lifesteal.
Your burst is fire buff from Wheel of elements + lolsetbonus and it happens that you kill 4k TR´s, even non BIS GWF´s and GF´s by that 1vs1 being undergeared.

In case you have improvements please take part and share your knoweledge, any help is welcome to get the warlocks back to PVP, thanks

My setup and encounter

Classfeats are: Borrowed time (allways) and Shadowalk (nearly allways), ACC/warding curse (sometimes)--> normally you need to be mobile, sometimes it could be benefitial to go for ACC because your spark gain is much better, beeing protected by a DC or an OP (these neverending fights) you can burst down other classes by using WB-HG-and spam Soul Scorch, or HS+HG (control them) and spam SS.

Dailies: Brood of hadar most time, spirits sometimes -->starting a fight they can be usefull to stack sparks very quick to build up defense

Encounter: Warlocks Bargain (allways)+Hadar grasp (allways)+Dread theft (GWF, DC, TR-tracking) or Harrow Storm-prone (CW+Hunter+OP)
vs a GWF its benefitial to take WB-->deflects damage + HG to cc him in case he is not "Hulk" or wraith shadow to debuff him 20% + Dread Theft wich stack´s 5 time and adds 60% DR buff ! But even doing so this tanky class burst you most time standing still on a point , so move to get him no stacks and debuff 3-4 times with Hand of Blight in between the moment he is cc´d f.e.

At Wills: Essencedefiler+ Hand of Blight or Dark Spiral Aura (AP gain!) vs CW´s + Hunter + TR

Offhand-feature: Borrowed Time, +15% deflect at 30 sparks, there is nothing better , 15% is huge, pretty sure there are not many offhand feature from other classes better than that, if..

My gear is far from BIS but I do contest all day with 3k+ up to BIS player in DOM. SH PVP is not existent on a contesting level imo, it´s a comedy due to active companions bonus

Gear:
3x Lionsmane (feet, hands, Head) and 1x Burningset (chest), underdark neck and shirt, (allways) , Lostmauth Set (essential)

Weapon-Set:
Twisted weapon (too lazy to farm that drowned one wich makes PVP very boring atm, since all classes do heal up in no time by that

Rings:
1. slot: PVP ring lionsmane - duellist (allways)
2. slot: rank 4 power +1150 or
rank 3 ring of vision, power, like to have that deflect one from skirmish

Weapon- and Armorenchants:
actually I wear T Feytouched since it´s BIS, formerly Bronzewood wich is 16% piercing and can be viable if feytouched get´s nerfed...if

Enchants:
could be optimised, but thats what I wear atm.
Utility: 3x darks rank8/7 , I could add 2 more in belt and neck.
Defense: draconic r8+10, radiant 1xr10, 1x r9, taking all radiants in defence will also work fine
Offense: 1x azur r11, 1x black ice r10, radiant 2xr10, 1x brutal r11
--> you can try to switch some radiants vs. deflect and do better than me

Axbeakmount (i found it in a lockbox), otherwise very expensive but needed tbh.

Wheel of elements:
"must-have", by far the best option because you get this 30 sec 30% fire buff (step forward), or can heal up (step backward), or 10 sec. HP buff to counter some burst (GF ahead step right), or cc immunity for 10 sec (step left)...the variety is not to beat.

Stats:
If I could, I would go more into deflection, offhand feat gives you 15% deflect at 30 sparks, infight I have about 25% deflect max.
I definitely know there are existing build with high deflect that do work fine
Deflect allways was a good invest for a warlock in every mod. Since some guys run 20k arp (Saber), you play naked vs. them.
Every negation, defenceboon or Ring (I wear rank 4 - 1150+ DR) will be ignored by them, so only way to go is deflect+ LS to counter the burst.

My build

The best about temptation is the high mobility you gain from Eldritch Momentum, making you switch nodes very fast, on top you are very tanky having some ammount of lifesteal and can contest very good on nodes by that, atm I got about 26,5% , 30% LS at full sparks/buffed
Especially low geared warlocks can´t do anything against 4k BIS player, but having the mobility you can decide if these monster are gonna eat you or not by having tons of stamina, a faster movement than all other classes and better Lifesteal.

IMPORTANT:
The reason why I took 1 point in parting blasphemy and 5/5 vengefull curse is stated more or less here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1208506/new-bugs-from-underdark
and it works pretty good in every aspekt, fast spark gain, even not slotting ACC, and even more mobility by using this synergy.
I recommend this heavily for every PVP and PVE build Fury/Damnation/Temptation, no matter what you do...take it is my advise

Stronghold

Stronghold Boon:
Defense vs Lifesteal: -at rank 5/6 I get 4800 Lifesteal or 4k defense, I switch between them, and having those two is a big advantage.
Power vs. Arp: -depends on your target, test things your self what fits best, I prefer powerbuff facing GF/GWF, my arp is too low to get into account vs. classes with high defense.

PVP

mobility+500, sure and even more Lifesteal being on node, we support teammates to some degree healing them

ToD

Must have 1600 HP, 400 Lifesteal, 3% Lifesteal, 10% incoming healing

Underdark

I recommend 5% stamina gain since I focus on mobilty in every aspect, other Boons its up to you, and depends on stats and if you do not want to fokus on PVP exclusively, I took power/crit as you can see

Icewinddale

I would recommend it exactly that way

Dreadring

must have is 400 lifesteal, 3% deflect and endless consumtion

Sharandar

must have 1600HP and 10% staminagain infight- you need that turbomode

I loaded this vid up, first PVP match that happened to be, intention was to show the performance of my build , not to cap we would have lost anyway :)

you can watch it on youtube if you like --> Neverwinter PVP Warlock Temptation

https://youtu.be/Gcn6OWO9aSU

here a MC run only to show the viability of capstone
youtube : Neverwinter warlock temptation MC run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us1eAoEQZ64

another DOM facing two TR 3,7 and 3,9kGS,
youtube : Neverwinter PVP warlock meets TR
start at 05:20 if you do not want to watch all that fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu-Fc6P9MOw

facing a premade from EoA, lost from the beginning, but good to show the "core" of Temptationtree and why it´s "The Survivialist" from all trees.
At 05:24 I stoped casting and only slipped arround being chased and dotted, the rest of that fight was more or less me facing 3 to 4 player better geared 3,1 up to 3,9k
Neverwinter PVP temptation - unlimited speed "hurt me"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOcxt3rI2Qk
Post edited by schietindebux on

Comments

• scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    I see you added an image of the skills that you use. unfortunately I am not super familiar with the SW icons for encounters/class features and such.
    Would you be willing to add a section for skills used and perhaps explain why you chose them and if there are other options one would use in a specific situation?

I am also torn between offering to take screenshots of your gear in english so that it is easier to see what you are wearing and not wanting to offer because seeing the names of all the items in German is incredibly entertaining :D If you want screenshots in english just send me a mail in game and I'd be happy to do that for you.

For your boon pics you have underdark twice instead of sharandar.

Also, why did you choose the 1200 regen boon? Do you feel the small increase incoming heals is worth the lose of extra CA damage? or is it since soulbinder SW don't really have a good way to get CA and so it becomes useless in pvp?

Thanks for putting this up
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    scathias said:

I see you added an image of the skills that you use. unfortunately I am not super familiar with the SW icons for encounters/class features and such.
    Would you be willing to add a section for skills used and perhaps explain why you chose them and if there are other options one would use in a specific situation?

I am also torn between offering to take screenshots of your gear in english so that it is easier to see what you are wearing and not wanting to offer because seeing the names of all the items in German is incredibly entertaining :D If you want screenshots in english just send me a mail in game and I'd be happy to do that for you.

For your boon pics you have underdark twice instead of sharandar.

Also, why did you choose the 1200 regen boon? Do you feel the small increase incoming heals is worth the lose of extra CA damage? or is it since soulbinder SW don't really have a good way to get CA and so it becomes useless in pvp?

Thanks for putting this up

thanks , i added the skills and will go more into detail, next days
    sure you can try combat advantage, 10% didn´t sound very much to me, compared to 1200 regen, in some matches I am happy tp have some self heal , only tink about SH PVP, no fuelstation
    it is also possible to scip determined castings vs desperate resoration, but I wanted some offensive parts in the build, and being at 30% means normally you are outnumbered and near dead anyway
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    It's not true that damnation is bad for pvp, from my experience most players see the puppet and they are like: "uhh, cute puppet, hello cute puppet" then the puppet start's hitting them and they turn more "hey what the hell, stop, i thrusted you", this is true, most players ignore the puppet, not just that but triggering HG on the right time will give your puppet time to attack, beside, soul dececration can trigger every 15 seconds, reducing your damage taken by 10%, increasing your damage by 10% and ls by 2%, and also sparkbinder, wich is very usefull to flank players that once again : "hello cute imulation spirits", some situations temptation will be better obviously, wb vs wb, with the temptation warlock with 30% more DR and ls has a big advantage, vs OP with aura of vengeance, when you need to get the hell out of there.....

edited January 2016
    etelgrin said:

You cannot get more than 15% of additional Combat Advantage damage beside CHA. Besides I lol everytime I see character without regeneration. I prefer to take two life steal boons - ToD and DR campaigns and regeneration from underdark as well.

Damnation provides no real threat in PvP, many times have Fury capstone proved that these DoTs are super deadly killing TR while he is running for his life to get a potions up on the stairs or in stealth sometimes.

Temptation main feature is that he can run with a trollface on one breath from 3 to 1 and then from 1 to 3 and they will be like chasing the bunny.

I like that build and I can assure you that it kills stuff, using wheel effectivly... not a BIS GWF sure
    temptation is not only fast but also very tanky on nodes even 1 vs 3 (until a far better geared GWF... or a undergeared GF heads in and bursts me)
    and yes, since I played all trees in PVP (more than enough), I can assure that damnation is the weakest tree, one major reason is that your puppet dies in one second or faster
    fury is the best burst/damage by far, but lacks in mobility and at my gearlevel most GWF/GF at 3k+ catch me the moment my stamina runs out and i have not enough stats to facetank them
    I will link another PVP vid beside that MC run I posted only to show the viabilty of temptaion capstone

beside that I know that my build is not perfect, I´d like to have more deflect and I´d like to have more tenacity.
    But I switched to feytouched against Bronzewood last week and that enchant is so overpowered comapered to anything else..
  • fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yeah, temptation is definitelty more tanky, the only problem I had (on preview server) that I did like 0 damage to bis gwf/gf, and hadn't enough burst to kill cw/tr while they were <25%. But I haven't tested it a lot, only like few hours and I was guildless (no boons), so probably I was underperforming.

Now I'm testing as Fury+Dark Revelry again new weapons/enchant (Stronghold Set + Vicious) + lost like 10k HP, but seems a lot tankier.
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
    edited January 2016
    That´s right, BIS GWF or GF i can´t take down, no way being 3k GS but I do like that mobility, DT+ 1point in PB refills your stamina in no time on top, so you are a good capper and can stand vs TR/Hunter/CW most time even better geared ones

I am not sure if arp boon from SH is the best option vs GF/GWF/OP, since even having 106%RI I doubt getting them below cap by that, so power will be better, what do you think?
    As mentioned in another thread there are some GWF builds even at 3,3k-3,5k GS that do not take any damage, all Dragonborn soemone said, and you can spam all you have, all day like 10x SS i a row on these chars even outnumber them 3 vs 1 they do not go down, maybe a mix from drowned set + wheel but I feel there might be somthing buggy
    Another question, how do you facetank xsayjinx1 or other GWF with 20k arp 1vs 1 without DC/OP nearby?
    Is it possible? Being fury they did outrun me easily and had easy game like that.

Dark revelry I allways had in my PVP specs, and I tend to sacrifive some points from Bloodpact of cania vs dark revelry 15% bonus heal, might be good...I lose some damage by that.
    Maybe I will try a fury build having more gear and head for maximum mobility, other wise I can´t imagine to farm any weapoon set like the Howling Set" again
    atm I have twisted, being focussed I have 14k+DR all in all by that

viciuos enchant sounds good in defense deflect+LS is perfect for a warlock i guess
    power+ arp in offense also sounds good... a PVP enchant and lots of AD to farm to get there, omg not again
    deflect is a good investion since it´s the only stat that is not affectd by arp that much
    if warlock would get soem more deflect/deflectseverity like TR it would help to make the class more tanky against high burst
    edited February 2016
    etelgrin said:

Temptation is good for kiting if you meet potatoes whose only goal is to take down the warlock, say 3 of them are occupied and they will keep on attacking, you will shadow slip around them while borrowed time, drowned set heals you and mark one guy with warlock bargain then run again and watch him getting killed by his allies ^^. He also procs great Fey Thistle while doing so.

I had to change for max stamina and eventually went Fury, because I think people expect Warlock to be doing alot of damage and also that way with Fury burst from killing flames + murderous flames makes me hit really hard, good finishing skill after grasp and bargain. And as for daily, Flames of Phelegetheos because it procs lostmauth on crit and procs Fury capstone, plus if it is Rogue or someone with ambush ring you will still see where he is because the effect displays until it expires. I reccomend it, and while it's active and even if target will dodge inbetween he will still get hit.

Dark Revelry also made into my final build but it's because I reach high amounts of power in PvE due to this bonding runestones so I decided it's worth to boost it, and my allies in epic demo, heralds etc they also get the boost.

yes, you have near infinite stamina being dottet, as shown in the linked vid, circling on the node all sparks up you can 3 vs 1 even 4 vs 1 and do not go down, that´s a tactical advantage and especially lower geared player who will get farmed easily being fury will profit from this effect

As far as I remember Shadow slip is not ignored by SE and you can get this 30% mitigation near all time.
    I faced 2 TR 3,7 and 3,9k GS (no potatoes but no MI sabs) on node and I manage to kill every class on same Itemlevel at 3kGS using wheel+WB+HG+brood .... ok DC´s are hard to get down, using Soul Scorch it somtimes works, OP (WB Crit) we all know that bug
    TR, CW, Hunter I sometimes defeat up to BIS by that, them having much more problems to get me down since I "dodge" their burst much better
    skilled GWF at 3,5k+ is a lose or at least patt if I stay in defense and kite
    GF...we all know how our class stands against them, hard to get them down at 3k+ they burst you in no time, depending on the stats, build and player, normally a lose sharing the same fate as most other classes

normally I use brood since it´s also necrotic and faster to cast+cc, hard to get a TR in between his dodges with FoP, me or the animation are too slow most time
    taking dark revelry as fury you can´t take morderous flames so it´s a decision between these too, normally I tend to dark revelry since most time I had problems to get better geared player to that point using only two encounter and miss DT or HS by that, vs. undergeared player it´s a good finisher ... but never tested it since long

Imo temptation <3k GS is not a bad decision, fury >3,5k maybe better, since you can stand this burst damage much better
    Atm I am very satified running temptation and hope to improve my build getting more arp and more power and skipping elven resolve vs. fey thistle + spending some more stats into deflect, since my stamina gain is so OP I would not miss anything i guess, probably it´s benefitial to get negation from pure to trans
    edited February 2016
    etelgrin said:

Well I'm 3.6k in PvP gear, so thats why I'm Fury because on this BiS level fights Fury has a chance of killing stuff and burst and temptation is indeed good for tactics and kiting but these really tough guys he won't touch no chance.

This is incorrect what you wrote, I took Dark Revelry and I have Murderous Flames. There are many options possible. Sadly Shadow Slip mitigates nothing of shocking executions and I really know it well, I got many times into 1 on 1 and got one shotted, tried slipping but deflection does help alot, even these amounts from Borrowed Time are quite good to survive over 100k HP. Not against those really hard hitting TRs though.

Understanding Warlocks Bargain is one of the core points, I don't see the bug there, just people who attack you while you attacked someone with WB will cause that damage to be redirected umitigated I think right into that unlucky guy. Sometimes it goes into interaction with either feats or some passives on critical hits I think it's particularly painful, but this may be because I use Vorpal not Feytouched and I have not done further testing on this. I particularly enjoy Warlocks Bargain and I think this is SW strongest weapon.

I prefer Fury build also because I'm able to take down paladins with divine protector up, and I think when people on 3.6k level of fight see SW, they expect him to take on OP. Maybe wrong assumption I don't know.

For low geared, new to SW and PvP, Temptation will avoid lots of frustration in PvP.

I don't exactly use HS until I really have to kite GWF, or prone Paladin, most of the times my Killing Flames hit radiculously hard, and I mean, really hard. But again, I run not very popular build if we can even talk about popularity on SW class.

Well why I find brood of hodor bad? It can do burst but not really as high as I expect it, Brood never procced me life steal, while DoTs from Flames of Phelegetheos with my life steal are doing HoTs for me as well, and brood damage is too small to be significant, even soul puppet does more damage than these little bats. Basically my rotation with that much life steal, connects me to enemies so hard that I can take multiple of them at one time too, HG dots - heal as well, warlocks bargain reflected damage - heals as well, and Flames do too, only Killing Flames I use as a finish up ability, with Murderous Flames, this is my burst.

ok skip brutal curse, sounds logic to get both, right.
    MI sab is toxic vs warlock, first strike+crit = 120k+ :(
    about mitigation I read month ago that some powers do lower SE like astral shield does f.e., I thought shadow slip was mentioned there
    I am also oneshotted, but can´t say if it´s just a delay of that buff the moment SE is casted..means activating slip the moment he starts to cast is too late, you should be able to feel it coming and activate slip before he starts casting SE :)
    If I am already slipping the momet he casts SE I get less damage imo, not definitely sure, maybe someone else knows more about that topic.
    I use feytouched and have to say, it´s overpowered, the defbuff is really strong, at least tones down GWF overbuff a bit so I can stand them much better.
    But being fury how do you face these up to 20k arp GWF (saber, Riu, and some more), they surely will have more stamina than you most time standing on your feet?
    I also take down OP´s being fury, but not every time and not every OP, differs a lot , some 2,5k OP won´t get hurt, some 4k OP will, can´t say why it bugs sometimes and why not, I am sure it´s the Pally who decides this by his build or feats.
    I will test FoP next, thx for the input, i hate that slow animation.
    edited February 2016
    Hm, I specced on PTR in any kind of combination to get maximum stamina, but even using T negation+shadowalk+shadow fold+ 1500 stamina gain + elven resolve+ stamina boons as much you can get...i run out of stmina in short time, getting cought that easy even by a GF on speed (ITF)
    I think I will get more gearscore and see how temptation will perform vs GWF at that level
    feytouched is very important by that for sure
    if I can get my arp up at 18k maybe that will hurt them... 120% DR is a lot to get it under cap

A GWF has at least 65 Arp resist and 42% DR from tenacity
    on top 15% countless scars + 30% T negation+ at least 35% DR from defense (if he has got 8k DR fom SH Boon even more), all in all 80+42%--> >120% DR from what I can mitigate only the 80%

having >120% RI I will start to hurt these guys, atm i got 109%, so a GWF with defense boon will not get below cap against me (so I can take powerboon I guess- arp boon is wasted)
    in case I would have 8k arp and not 4k things would be much better, i would get >120RI
    but since cryptic implemented this hurdle for every "non PVP guild" it´s not that easy, these BIS player get their maxed SH boons and rank 2 drains and done, no skill or anything else needed :(
    tanky classes do benefit much more from RI (arp) (like GWF from stats) vs squishy classes

math-hoping it´s correct:

my damage will be somthing like that:
    Damage dealt = base damage x (1- "his DR") x (1- 0,58 from tenecity) cap at 80% together

"his DR" is calculated like that: 80% - (RI x arp resist)
    so i have to get his DR below 38% or something like that

80%-42%= 38%
    RI (my arp) x 0,35 = 42% --> 120% x 0,35= 42%
  • fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Well I still need to test it, but in theory Terror should work great vs. GWF. I will borrow some tomorrow and run few matches to test overall Terror performance. I know it doesn't proc Fury capstone, but lowering 40% Power and Defense sounds nasty.

ATM it's hard to tell my item level (Vicious are bugged and it show's ilvl7 and I don't have time to do math) but it should be around 3.8-3.9. I have no problem with taking GF (30% base DR + Negation + SS + WB/DT, 30% deflect, -2% incoming damage, around 36% damage debuff - Warding Curse, Feytouched, Hand of Blight, max tenacity at armor/rings, on offensive side: 17k power, 50% crit, 131.2% resistance ignored), haven't tested more than 1 GWF with new build/weapons/enchants so test isn't viable (and it was GWF with Terror - you don't see many of them).
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
    fernuu said:

Well I still need to test it, but in theory Terror should work great vs. GWF. I will borrow some tomorrow and run few matches to test overall Terror performance. I know it doesn't proc Fury capstone, but lowering 40% Power and Defense sounds nasty.

ATM it's hard to tell my item level (Vicious are bugged and it show's ilvl7 and I don't have time to do math) but it should be around 3.8-3.9. I have no problem with taking GF (30% base DR + Negation + SS + WB/DT, 30% deflect, -2% incoming damage, around 36% damage debuff - Warding Curse, Feytouched, Hand of Blight, max tenacity at armor/rings, on offensive side: 17k power, 50% crit, 131.2% resistance ignored), haven't tested more than 1 GWF with new build/weapons/enchants so test isn't viable (and it was GWF with Terror - you don't see many of them).

As far as I know the power-debuff doesn´t work correctly it´s only -20% power and -40% Defense, but the stun is good more like every 10 seconds than 30 sec. ... not that benefitial vs GWF.
    Terror only works against defense, so you lower that +/- 35% DR (like in the example above) from stats and boons, it doesn´t work against Negation or feats like countless scars, as far as I understood.

I could use 20% debuff from wraith shadow on top and -10%-ward from market in OL-slots, I did not test it that way facetanking them 1 vs 1 but I will.
    I got 27% deflect, 115k HP, 30% DR, 3100 tenacity, Negation, feytouched, 15,5k Power 6,5k crit, 109% RI
    using WB/DT, HG, HoB, normally I use Shadow fold not Warding curse, but maybe I can switch that for the "face-tank-experience"
    I stand against GWF on same level, but not the bigger ones, since I can´t deal enough damage to them to heal up or get them down against that selfheal
    You need so much RI to get them under the cap, maybe terror will help.
    Atm I prefer powerboon+twisted set+ dark revelry so I can push my power significantly, since my RI is just too low to get >120%
    edited February 2016
    etelgrin said:

fernuu said:

Terror only lowers power by 20% and defense by 40%, netherless I find it underpeforming, like many weapon enhancements tbh. I think -18% damage from T. Fey is better debuff than -40% power most cases. Maybe the root will work good but he has to be out of unstoppable. Some GWFs I can simply kill but these really tanky and 2-3 shoting ones are main problem. I'm eager to read about the results Fernu.

Hm, I specced on PTR in any kind of combination to get maximum stamina, but even using T negation+shadowalk+shadow fold+ 1500 stamina gain + elven resolve+ stamina boons as much you can get...i run out of stmina in short time, getting cought that easy even by a GF on speed (ITF)

As a Temptation you do not hesitate to use Shadow Slip and use Stamina all the time because easy comes easy goes, even when you take max stamina from all sources you have to learn to maintain it, move more normally and keep max possible distance rather than shifting and work on positioning, you can easily get used to that Eldritch Momentum comfort, its hard to reverse that as well as once you start scoring some nice kills with Killing Flames+Murderous Flames as a Fury its hard to go back to Temptations.

yes, maybe I am a bad furylock, I never liked Creeping death and tabbing that much, as I tend to spend my stamina too fast, but tbh meeting some GWF they nearly got infinte Stamina themself, so I will never stand against them in case I can´t facetank them, 5xdarks rank12+battle fury (runner build) is so hard to stand, even the ones not using battle fury are really fast from that classfeat maybe
    Being temptation atm I do not get farmed in case I don´t want to, they can´t take me down, and I can´t take them down at BIS. But tbh who can take these guys out easily except some GF´s?
    Another plus is facing permaroting hunter, getting out of their stunn for a second I cast WB and shift arround to mess up their rotation and they have hard times facing me.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    @schietindebux

Hey bud, currently trying out your Temptation spec for PvE, and might randomly do some PvP (doubtful though...lol).

Just seeing how it does... Highest heal I saw thus far was in a eDemo with @lazaroth666 for 429,503 so that was pretty cool! :)

Also, the 1 Point in Parting Blasphemy w/Warlock's Bargain seems to proc the Yeti bonus quite a bit more then normal, at least it seems like it visually speaking. Could be wrong, but hopefully not! lol
    va8Ru.gif
    ^^^^^

PS - I am currently using Black Ice Set, and not the Lostmauth Set so my Spark Generation isn't as effective as yours. Just FYI... :)
    va8Ru.gif
    BoVa can do great in a group oft mobs having high crit it will work even better
    Refining the lolset is a statement :)

BoVa can do great in a group oft mobs having high crit it will work even better

BoVA is nice when going trash clearing for sure, single target bosses I usually throw WB back on. :)

Refining the lolset is a statement :)

Is a 'statement'? Sorry, not following what you mean bud... lol
    va8Ru.gif
    edited February 2016
    I thought you refined your lolset into black ice set?

statement, that´s more or less what we say in my country if someone shows a straight attitude towards a controversial topic like a broken set
    doing PVP without it is a clear disadvantage
  • martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    I've tested temp months ago and the healing numbers were better with fury.

Higher damage = Higher life steal procs.
    More Creeping death hits = more lifesteal procs.

Even tho temp has higher LS% it does lesser hits, so basically trading DMG + lifesteal for infinite stamina.

My conclusion was that survivability was better with Fury even tho I had stamina issues, I fixed that by learning when other classes are about to combo me.

I'm curious to see if that changed with guilds having stronger boons now, I'd like to see 10~ games ACT taken with temp vs Fury and see which one healed more.
    Right fury is more damage and more selfhealing, the big advantage from templock is endless stamina, i don't get farmed by BIS GWF, even that runner builds that i also did not get down being fury and I can bind 2-3 enemys on node
    Killing takes longer, but you can try to sacrifice some defense boons into offense
    My RI is too low vs tanky classes 109% ATM
    Would be interesting how Temptation at BIS with better stats will work, i am pretty sure it will do great
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Tell me if you manage an individual heal over 832 million, that was my highest so far on a devo pally proc of beacon of hope.

Tell me if you manage an individual heal over 832 million, that was my highest so far on a devo pally proc of beacon of hope.

hm, referring to broken builds/classes I can´t heal myself for 832 million and it´s not needed like that
    you can go an selling such tings for real and run testings in a T1 dungeon, comparing these classes based on broken setups
    I can´t join nor apreciate that, and can´t by sure congratulate you doing so since it´s from no interest
    you really should spend more time in the bug section to get things fixed :)
    edited February 2016

I play a 3.5 temp lock on xbox, have for months, i find it the most fun, just have to intentionally avoid groups with pallys(cancers of the game). As far as pvp goes, in a 1v1 scenario, the only time i die is going against the 1 shot se tr build, or similiar il gwf with high lifesteal and stupid defense. Surprises alot of ppl in iwd, watching warlock kill Bis rangers or perma stealth tr, the fights are by no means quick, more battles of attrition, but having 40 percent lifesteal and 140 %ri certainly helps, premade pvp with pallys and clerics, i find harder, only due to the fact that we have no push or knockback to assist in capping nodes, since no one usually dies these days with the troll comps being an almost prerequisite to compete.

Same thing in pve, i pug alot for fun, and get the question "what is healing me so much?" Quite often. It is certainly for me anyway, the most fun to play, and ultimately thats why were here playing the game is to have fun right? :smile:

On PC version there is a medicine against OP´s, in case they are not covered by a DC. A crit from WB.

MI sab oneshoots me too from stealth with first strike, and some GF´s onerotate me-- esp. one GF who managed his char becoming a "onerotation-machine", we all love him :)
    And yes it´s fun playing that build being that mobile. Best choice I made going back to temptree
    I started mod 4 with that tree but did not have that kind of mobility, i guess eldichs momentum was not like that, or did it even exist?
    edited February 2016

@schietindebux im not sure if the feat existed then, i started when the game released on xbox last year(mod 5) and pretty much followed diagotsu's fury hellbringer build, until around aug of last year when i started getting into pvp.

You are right tho, i love melting pallys with wb crit and getting those nice pink hate messages, gives me a warm feeling all over. Problem is now, on xbox, at least alot are adapting to it, and surviving it, there are a few that just litterally take zero damage from anyone. I think its shoukon has a vid posted of him just face tanking around 20 ppl, warlocks included, in iwp. Ive just developed a real distaste for them in both pve and pvp.

We have a few of those one rotation gf's too, lol, not very man tho. To be honest, i really dont mind dying to that as much as the se one hit from stealth, at least with gf there is a chance.

I switch equip facing pally, i send you a message about that, it works better in my case
    How did you get 140%RI , all darks in offense slots?
    If I take a my axebeak+ 4k SH boon i get about 109% RI, even skipping charisma for int it´s only 8% more, 3% from boons I could chose on top.
    I am 3,2k and did not invest in arp in offense slots atm.