What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

hey guys i made a DPS cw website for you all

Comments

• romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Looking nice, I have a few questions tho:

Why GWF artifact instead of DC?
    Why not Twisted Weapon set instead of Elemental?
    Brutal Enchants?
    Why suggest Frost/Terror weapon enchant over Vorpal?
    Why Elven Ferocity and not the healing?
    Why Shadowtouch and not the healing?
    Why no Spell Twisting?
    Why no Icy Veins?
    You listed Tempest Magic but didn't actually put points into it in the picture. Was it by accident?
    You listed Ring of Brutality as a great option for boss battles. Isn't the ring more effective during short, bursty battles?
    You're saying that Rising Power and Rising Precision aren't too effective. Would you consider using these if you had maxed armor penetration?
    Why don't you suggest Ensorcelled Mulhorand Main and Off-hands?
    Post edited by romotheone on
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Ok, firstly my questions regarding feats:
    Prestidigitation vs Learned spellcaster? Why not take prestidigitation as it benefits the whole team when in a party.
    Frigid Winds Vs Icy Veins? Icy veins instantly freezes opponents upon entering combat when clearing trash and immediately gets you to 6 stacks vs bosses. The issue with frigid winds is that you can't freeze bosses immediately, which makes it bad in boss fights and vs trash by the time you have frozen your opponents, they dead already. In comparison, icy veins makes it really easy to freeze enemies just by applying icy terrain and if you use chilling presence, it means you benefit from the full 72% increased damage the moment you enter combat.
    No Spell twisting? Spell twisting is the equivalent of 8.4k recovery and is very difficult to make up for the loss of without gimping yourself in other areas.

Now regarding powers:
    Eye of the storm vs Storm spell?
    Eye of the storm is good...assuming you don't stack crit at all. Bear in mind I am also playing a thaum build atm and I have 75% sheet crit and over 80% real crit. Once you have reached high levels of crit, you do not gain much dps by using eye of the storm vs using storm spell. Storm spell boosts your dps by 30%+ and is a significant portion of your damage. Not running it as a spellstorm thaum is definitely questionable.

Finally gear:
    Brutals vs Azures+Rads? You stated you using azures + rads but brutals give more of both stats combined and by using other pieces of gear you can get that optimal power/crit ratio.
    Savages vs darks: After around about 10-15% lifesteal, I don't really see much benefit in stacking the stat any further. HP is your next best defensive tool, so why are you not putting any investment into it?
    New stats? You have not mentioned Stats like Combat advantage bonus, Action point gain and stamina gain. These stats are important when min/maxing, which it seems like you are trying to do.
    Companions? What companions are you using and which ones do you prefer. When min/maxing, those bonuses are important
    Active Artifact? Whilst it means you lose out on stats, the wheel of elements on average is a 13% dps boost for me which is far more significant then losing some of the optimal stats I would otherwise have, I suggest you look into it and consider trying it out, it really helps :)
    Also, take note that as you are using the lostmauth set it is important to have high crit and because you need high crit for the lostmauth set, you also benefit from using storm spell.
    Mathematically, the ring of brutality +5 is on average worth 1330 power, where as the ring of rising power is worth 1350, so why use brutality over rising power?

Otherwise its a fairly solid build, I can see you have put some effort into putting it together. I would be interested in hearing why you have deviated in the manner that you have chosen to.
    Post edited by thefabricant on
  • boom782boom782 Member Posts: 183 Arc User

Looking nice, I have a few questions tho:

Why GWF artifact instead of DC?
    Why not Twisted Weapon set instead of Elemental?
    Brutal Enchants?
    Why suggest Frost/Terror weapon enchant over Vorpal?
    Why Elven Ferocity and not the healing?
    Why Shadowtouch and not the healing?
    Why no Spell Twisting?
    Why no Icy Veins?
    You listed Tempest Magic but didn't actually put points into it in the picture. Was it by accident?
    You listed Ring of Brutality as a great option for boss battles. Isn't the ring more effective during short, bursty battles?
    You're saying that Rising Power and Rising Precision aren't too effective. Would you consider using these if you had maxed armor penetration?

All great questions!
  • tomahawkthegreattomahawkthegreat Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    gwf because that's the other char i got to 70.
    the dcs sigil is great for the action point gain.

i don't use brutal enchants because at rank 12 all they add is 420 crit and power. at the same rank azures and radiant add 700

vorpal is suggested in the guide i was merely mentioning that a terror is good because you are dealing dps with a chance of disabling their recovery. frost is just a cheaper terror. if you have the resources go for vorpal, but since everyone in the game isn't sometimes its more cost effective to go with a different one until you can afford the vorp

elven ferocity because we love dps and honestly who cares about healing. that's for the dc and op to handle

shadow touch because again we love dps and necrotic damage has a chance to slow your enemy.

no spell twisting because Elemental Reinforcement adds dps for cold and lighting spells which is all of them minus steal time.

no icy veins because you may not always be that close to enemies and also you have to go deeper into oppressor which takes points away from other more important things. and this is a dps build not an opp build.

yes in the picture tempest magic is not selected but on the website it also says that its a mistake. i am aware of it and just need to re-upload the proper pic

no, ring of brutality isn't good for short battles. most enemies will not be alive for 30 seconds. if the burst of power comes at the start of combat every 30 seconds then it would be good. but i believe that there's a random chance that at any moment during the 30 seconds you can get the burst. this means if you are burning down the enemies and they are not alive for 30 seconds you arnt getting any benefit. or at the very least you may get the buff after 15 seconds or you may get it after 27. there's a lot of random chance going into that. it would be great in any longer fight because you are guaranteed the power buff. also getting a level 5 one of these is so rare that its hardly worth it. but like it says on the site IF you can get a level 4 or 5 of these then its worth it. IF...

I would consider using the rising rings, but like it says on the site only for the two gem slots. And also only at level 4 or 5 when you are talking about a 11-15 power base and a 9-12k or higher crit base 1k is not going to make any hugely noticeable difference in the way the character plays. if all of your 1k buffs add up to 5k total then that would. but again a level 4 or 5 one of these rings is hard to get. if we are talking about the practicality of the matter then its easier to grind tier 2s and get the marks to buy an elven ring. which will give you a good boost, while you rank up your jewel crafting to 25 so that you can ultimately get the personalized rings

now onto the twisted weapons. how much do you love the grind? because that is what is what is going to be needed.
    http://imgur.com/uZMg8Da

first off we should start by saying that the elemental orb and talismen are free. no grinding needed. just beat the story and you get them.
    to even get the twisted weapons you need 800 twisted ichor and 12 of those other currencies. which in itself requires hours of grinding. not to mention placing in gold and having a key to get whatever that other currency is. that's a lot of variables.

the above picture is a side by side of the two weapons. and as you can see you are taking a loss on almost everything. i realize that this is a green vs an orange but realistically you arnt going to gain that much by leveling them to the same level.

onto the powers. you are always going to be striking enemies so we arnt gaining any defense here. we will be gaining power though. the entire net gain is comes out to 3840 power gained before it resets. is it worth it? sure if you want to put hours into grinding to even obtain the weapons then put hours more into grinding to get them to orange.

in addition the fire talismen and the orb provide buffs to power crit and recovery all of which we like with a dps class.

• romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User

@thefabricant

learned spellcaster because we are dps. and intelligence is our main stat as a cw.

icy veins only applies 5 stacks at max level which means they only freeze if you have already applied stacks to them. also this is dps why wouldnt you want the target to take more damage from all sources. this also includes damage coming from your party.

no spell twisting because elemental reinforcement adds more dps.

spell storm only does shocks your target 30% of the time and only on crits. it does not say that it boosts your crit 30% more. this is unreliable.

brutals only add 420 at level 12 which most people do not have. at level 12 azure and rads add 700.
    most people have around rank 8 enchants and rank 8 brutals only add 150 which is terrible. a rank 9 azure adds 280 which is more than twice the amount of a brutal.

once you get your cw to around 80k you arnt going to be getting anything more out of the build.
    personally i am at around 88k i believe which is more than enough to solo clear trash and when you are in a group you will be getting healed from your dc and op as well as whatever group benefits you are also getting.

as far as comps are concerned fire or air archons are great as they boost damage.

again high crit is great and storm spell only shocks 30 % of the time and only on crit hits this is inconsistent. i dont have storm spell and i have high crit and lostmauths works great

brutality is great assuming you are in a fight that lasts longer than a minute. since you get the power boost at any random point during the 30 seconds there's no guarantee that your target will be alive long enough for you to get the buff. if this was consistently at the start of combat and then every 30 seconds after that it would be great. the other issue is actually finding one of these. as mentioned if i found one i would use it. same with the rising rings, you can get two slots out of them and a boost. but the level 4 and 5s are the only things worth the boost. as mentioned if you come across one then sure they are worth it.

i deviated in this manner because i love welding arcane powers to destroy your foe
    @romotheone

gwfs are great

of course a gwf will do more damage but this is to provide people with the option to have a dps class cw.

it just another build option. no offense to the gwfs

gwf because that's the other char i got to 70.
    the dcs sigil is great for the action point gain.

i don't use brutal enchants because at rank 12 all they add is 420 crit and power. at the same rank azures and radiant add 700

vorpal is suggested in the guide i was merely mentioning that a terror is good because you are dealing dps with a chance of disabling their recovery. frost is just a cheaper terror. if you have the resources go for vorpal, but since everyone in the game isn't sometimes its more cost effective to go with a different one until you can afford the vorp

elven ferocity because we love dps and honestly who cares about healing. that's for the dc and op to handle

shadow touch because again we love dps and necrotic damage has a chance to slow your enemy.

no spell twisting because Elemental Reinforcement adds dps for cold and lighting spells which is all of them minus steal time.

no icy veins because you may not always be that close to enemies and also you have to go deeper into oppressor which takes points away from other more important things. and this is a dps build not an opp build.

yes in the picture tempest magic is not selected but on the website it also says that its a mistake. i am aware of it and just need to re-upload the proper pic

no, ring of brutality isn't good for short battles. most enemies will not be alive for 30 seconds. if the burst of power comes at the start of combat every 30 seconds then it would be good. but i believe that there's a random chance that at any moment during the 30 seconds you can get the burst. this means if you are burning down the enemies and they are not alive for 30 seconds you arnt getting any benefit. or at the very least you may get the buff after 15 seconds or you may get it after 27. there's a lot of random chance going into that. it would be great in any longer fight because you are guaranteed the power buff. also getting a level 5 one of these is so rare that its hardly worth it. but like it says on the site IF you can get a level 4 or 5 of these then its worth it. IF...

I would consider using the rising rings, but like it says on the site only for the two gem slots. And also only at level 4 or 5 when you are talking about a 11-15 power base and a 9-12k or higher crit base 1k is not going to make any hugely noticeable difference in the way the character plays. if all of your 1k buffs add up to 5k total then that would. but again a level 4 or 5 one of these rings is hard to get. if we are talking about the practicality of the matter then its easier to grind tier 2s and get the marks to buy an elven ring. which will give you a good boost, while you rank up your jewel crafting to 25 so that you can ultimately get the personalized rings

now onto the twisted weapons. how much do you love the grind? because that is what is what is going to be needed.
    http://imgur.com/uZMg8Da

first off we should start by saying that the elemental orb and talismen are free. no grinding needed. just beat the story and you get them.
    to even get the twisted weapons you need 800 twisted ichor and 12 of those other currencies. which in itself requires hours of grinding. not to mention placing in gold and having a key to get whatever that other currency is. that's a lot of variables.

the above picture is a side by side of the two weapons. and as you can see you are taking a loss on almost everything. i realize that this is a green vs an orange but realistically you arnt going to gain that much by leveling them to the same level.

onto the powers. you are always going to be striking enemies so we arnt gaining any defense here. we will be gaining power though. the entire net gain is comes out to 3840 power gained before it resets. is it worth it? sure if you want to put hours into grinding to even obtain the weapons then put hours more into grinding to get them to orange.

in addition the fire talismen and the orb provide buffs to power crit and recovery all of which we like with a dps class.

1) 420 power AND crit sums to 840 stats, if you have 2 brutals rank 12 vs 1 azure and 1 rad rank 12 its 840 power and 840 crit vs 700 power and 700 crit, or a total of 1680 stats vs 1400 stats. Since you comparing the same stats, it is a straight up improvement.

2) With your build, you are often referring to building for BiS, a 4k character, but then you are making "cost effective" decisions. If you are building for BiS, you should disregard the cost effective choice and make the optimal one, since the cost is not the issue. Things like frost and terror are less effective then vorpal or plaguefire for control wizard (and plague is cheaper then terror btw), the reason being because terror is a 4% dps boost for the group, while plaguefire is 3% per stack and it stacks up to 3 times, totaling for 9%. Vorpal lies anywhere between a 17-24% dps boost for just you as far as my testing shows.

3) Who says you cannot have elemental reinforcement and spell twisting, this is what my CW looks like:
    http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/cw?b=23d7:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,1li3i2i:1z00u00:1z05u0v:1000000&h=0&p=ssm
    Just swap to the feats list so you can see the feats. Spell twising saves you from investing a ton into recovery, as in, enough recovery to make up a 16-20% dps gain in other offensive stats, which is more then frozen power transfer.

4) Ring of brutality is flat out worse then the ring of rising power. I have done the maths on this, on average it is worth 1330 power worth the 1350 power of the +5 ring of rising power.

5) The twisted set takes no effort to get at all, I have got it on my CW and I got 133 twisted ichor sitting my my wizard that I got no idea what to do with. I craft 1 key every day and run edemo, the 1 odd amount of ichor is when I accidently accepted a silver run chest. you need to do a total of 20 gold edemo's which is easy to do if you join a zerg channel. Furthermore, the increase in weapon damage makes it well worth it. Also, at epic or higher the twisted set is better. Weapon damage is the biggest increase to damage and so any weapon with a higher weapon damage is a big dps increase.

1) 420 power AND crit sums to 840 stats, if you have 2 brutals rank 12 vs 1 azure and 1 rad rank 12 its 840 power and 840 crit vs 700 power and 700 crit, or a total of 1680 stats vs 1400 stats. Since you comparing the same stats, it is a straight up improvement.

2) With your build, you are often referring to building for BiS, a 4k character, but then you are making "cost effective" decisions. If you are building for BiS, you should disregard the cost effective choice and make the optimal one, since the cost is not the issue. Things like frost and terror are less effective then vorpal or plaguefire for control wizard (and plague is cheaper then terror btw), the reason being because terror is a 4% dps boost for the group, while plaguefire is 3% per stack and it stacks up to 3 times, totaling for 9%. Vorpal lies anywhere between a 17-24% dps boost for just you as far as my testing shows.

3) Who says you cannot have elemental reinforcement and spell twisting, this is what my CW looks like:
    http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/cw?b=23d7:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,1li3i2i:1z00u00:1z05u0v:1000000&h=0&p=ssm
    Just swap to the feats list so you can see the feats. Spell twising saves you from investing a ton into recovery, as in, enough recovery to make up a 16-20% dps gain in other offensive stats, which is more then frozen power transfer.

4) Ring of brutality is flat out worse then the ring of rising power. I have done the maths on this, on average it is worth 1330 power worth the 1350 power of the +5 ring of rising power.

5) The twisted set takes no effort to get at all, I have got it on my CW and I got 133 twisted ichor sitting my my wizard that I got no idea what to do with. I craft 1 key every day and run edemo, the 1 odd amount of ichor is when I accidently accepted a silver run chest. you need to do a total of 20 gold edemo's which is easy to do if you join a zerg channel. Furthermore, the increase in weapon damage makes it well worth it. Also, at epic or higher the twisted set is better. Weapon damage is the biggest increase to damage and so any weapon with a higher weapon damage is a big dps increase.

ok at rank 12 you have 820 power and crit for a brutal for both rings. for azur/rad you have 1400 in whatever spec you are lacking in.

at transcendent with a plaguefire you are only dealing 12% more of your damage at transcendent for terror you are at 25% which is a full quarter.
    theres no argument on the vorpal. its the best
    but that doesnt mean anyone can actually afford a vorpal.

the ring of brutality is worth 20 less than the rising power. that's hardly enough to warrant one over the other and as stated i would use either if i got a level 4 or 5 of them.

in that picture i link the green is 133 less damage than my orange, if course i know as you level them up the stats get better but its not exponentially better. also as stated it is better if you want to put the time and effort into grinding for it.

edited January 2016

@thefabricant

learned spellcaster because we are dps. and intelligence is our main stat as a cw.

icy veins only applies 5 stacks at max level which means they only freeze if you have already applied stacks to them. also this is dps why wouldnt you want the target to take more damage from all sources. this also includes damage coming from your party.

no spell twisting because elemental reinforcement adds more dps.

spell storm only does shocks your target 30% of the time and only on crits. it does not say that it boosts your crit 30% more. this is unreliable.

brutals only add 420 at level 12 which most people do not have. at level 12 azure and rads add 700.
    most people have around rank 8 enchants and rank 8 brutals only add 150 which is terrible. a rank 9 azure adds 280 which is more than twice the amount of a brutal.

once you get your cw to around 80k you arnt going to be getting anything more out of the build.
    personally i am at around 88k i believe which is more than enough to solo clear trash and when you are in a group you will be getting healed from your dc and op as well as whatever group benefits you are also getting.

as far as comps are concerned fire or air archons are great as they boost damage.

again high crit is great and storm spell only shocks 30 % of the time and only on crit hits this is inconsistent. i dont have storm spell and i have high crit and lostmauths works great

brutality is great assuming you are in a fight that lasts longer than a minute. since you get the power boost at any random point during the 30 seconds there's no guarantee that your target will be alive long enough for you to get the buff. if this was consistently at the start of combat and then every 30 seconds after that it would be great. the other issue is actually finding one of these. as mentioned if i found one i would use it. same with the rising rings, you can get two slots out of them and a boost. but the level 4 and 5s are the only things worth the boost. as mentioned if you come across one then sure they are worth it.

i deviated in this manner because i love welding arcane powers to destroy your foe

1) Just because the devs tell you intelligence is your main stat, doesn't mean it is. For example, in mod 5 I played a perma stealth rogue build on my tr. For me, when playing that build, intelligence was the main stat as you needed high recharge speeds. Funnily enough though, intelligence isn't even one of tr's main stats, it just so happens, for that particular build, it was imperative. For CW, I would say unless you are playing a non crit CW (which you aren't) then charisma is actually your main stat and intelligence is the secondary stat. The combined damage from the extra crit and from the CA damage actually nets more damage then the boost from intelligence. Furthermore, prestidigitation actually gives more bang for your buck then focused wizardry does, if you do the maths for it. I can expand on this if you want me to.

2) Icy veins synergises brilliantly with icy terrain and chilling presence. You are playing a thaum build and you are using chilling presence, this pretty much automatically means you need to have icy veins. This is how it works: You enter combat, slam down icy terrain and monsters instantly freeze for 1-2 seconds. Within that 1-2 second period, you got the full 72% damage boost. Vs bosses or any other freeze immune target, you got a 36% damage boost. The thing is, the key word with frigid winds is against targets that have been frozen. You cannot freeze those freeze immune targets, making it do nothing against them and vs non freeze immune targets, you got to build up enough stacks of chill (6) first before either icy terrain or ray of frost finally freeze them. Since you do not have icy veins, this normally occurs at the point those monsters are already dead. Vs trash, (which is where frigid winds shines) frigid winds does nothing because your target is already dead at the point it is applied and vs bosses, it does nothing.

3) The brutality works exactly as the tooltip suggests, the moment you enter combat, it activates and goes onto a cooldown. If you are still in combat 30 seconds later, it activates again. There is no random element to it, I have a +4 version of it and have tested it in various places, including on my character and on my companions (to see if it transfers via bonding stones and augments, it doesn't, btw).

4) Terror is a 4% dps boost, not 25% test it and see. Vorpal is 17-24% and plaguefire is 3-9%. Brutals give 840 stats EACH. You misreading the tooltip, its not 210 power and 210 crit, its 420 power AND 420 crit, making 840 of both stats together. 840 vs 700 is a 140 stat increase.

5) Brairtwine is not a good enchant for CW. It REFLECTS (NOT DEFLECTS) different amounts back to the attacker. It has nothing to do with deflection (the stat) and irrespective of whether it does or does not, it is still a bad armour enchant. The main choices are soulforged, elven battle and negation. Soulforged is the most used one, I have recently stopped using it in favour of the elven battle because I found myself making more mistakes in combat because I could rely on the soulforged to save me. If you make few mistakes, then soulforged is not a good option. Elven battle also makes you more survivable in pve because your best defensive tool is dodges, giving you CC immunity and damage immunity during the teleport. The stamina regen on elven battle helps a lot in ensuring you always have a dodge when you need it. The last option, negation, I dislike for pve because you need initial tankyness without the enchantment to get any benefit from it. This is because you reliably need to be able to take enough hits to build up stacks for its effect to become noticeable and in pve, monsters hit too hard to take enough hits to make it good.

If you want to run with me, ask me any questions or share ideas hit me up in game @thefabricant and I am more then willing to discuss things with you. I think there is a way to make a competitive, viable CW using eye of the storm, I do need to test though which means that I will need to get some radiants and test on preview. I will do that later, when I can arm wrestle one of my friends into copying their rads to preview and then sending them to me. The way I would do it is different to you though, I would deliberately drop my crit for more power and then rely on high burst during the uptime of eots.
    Post edited by thefabricant on
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I did not realize how much cw community (a few of) was so arrogant :neutral:
  • firebreath86firebreath86 Member Posts: 33 Arc User

Okey ..... lets just assume something different than.
    Getting geared up with rank 6-7 enchantments and 1st tier gear nets you 2.2k itemlevel.

ANYTHING more than that takes considerable time and quite a good amount of effort. Also take in mind that not everybody has access to gear that requires stronghold stuff.

So ..... how much a grind would you think to get the twisted set for a 2.2k toon without access to a good guild and who will not be able to join zergchannels as they require at least 3k. Which can only be gained by doing a lot of tier 2 epics which said person would be kicked out of the moment something goes wrong (if not instantly at the start).
    Just place yourself in the mind of someone like that.
    edited January 2016

Okey ..... lets just assume something different than.
    Getting geared up with rank 6-7 enchantments and 1st tier gear nets you 2.2k itemlevel.

ANYTHING more than that takes considerable time and quite a good amount of effort. Also take in mind that not everybody has access to gear that requires stronghold stuff.

So ..... how much a grind would you think to get the twisted set for a 2.2k toon without access to a good guild and who will not be able to join zergchannels as they require at least 3k. Which can only be gained by doing a lot of tier 2 epics which said person would be kicked out of the moment something goes wrong (if not instantly at the start).
    Just place yourself in the mind of someone like that.
    See the thing is, if you actually want to gear up, it actually isn't that challenging.
    Step 1) Get at least rank 1 VIP. The dungeon keys are more important then the enchanted keys here. To do this free, I would farm rings in WoD (there is no restrictions here) and then salvage 72k worth of rings (on your main and 1 alt) each day. In a week you can get VIP this way with no monetary investment.
    Step 2) Level up your alt char slot, I recommend a DC (for the sigil) to 70.
    Step 3) Join a public chat channel like legit, they are not the best channel, but neither are they the worst. The important factor is though that they have no item level requirements.
    Step 4) Form groups each day to do 2 dungeon runs with each of your toons (for a total of 4) and then 2 skirmishes on each toon. VT is good for the potential double salvage, but otherwise elol. As legit has not item level requirements, you should have no issues there. You have your free daily key and your free VIP, so all of that is free salvage guaranteed.
    Step 5) Buy character slots, anywhere between 2-6, this will be your main way of earning AD.
    Step 6) Do leadership on all the characters, this is in the long term where you will get the RP to refine your artifact gear, you might as well start it as soon as you can.
    Step 7) level those other 2-6 characters up to 70, painful, but it pays off.
    Step 8) repeat of step 4, but with more characters
    Step 9) At this point you should be earning over 200k AD per day, you can now buy 1 rank 8 enchant per day easily, but for the purposes of getting the biggest bang for your buck, your first investment should be artifacts. You will want to buy lots of r4's or lots of r5's and get your artifacts up to mythic or legendary.

All of this can be done in 1-2 months, which is perfectly viable. At this point, you will have decent enough gear to work on acquiring those other sets. Of coarse, this is all besides the point because you see, the OP in his guide refers to "4k ilvl" at multiple points. This build is not aimed at 2k characters, its aimed at BiS level and because of that, you kind of want to include gear in your guide which is easily attainable at 4k ilvl, like, you know, the twisted set.

Also, fyi, you don't need to be 3k ilvl to get into a zerg channel. I got into one that do 2 tiamat heads an hour at 2.5k, the trick was to spec my CW as a full support "MoF CW" in a renegade spec. I could provide buffs like smolder etc, which very few CW's provide and things like that are the same regardless of gear. The same is true for DC, the gear doesn't matter, so long as you can apply the buffs. Finally, "access to a good guild with boons etc" please refer to my signature, my guild is level 4.
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    I'm gonna straight up say it.

This is not a good build. Sorry for being honest.
    ok guys. I have updated the website after receiving your...advice. There is now a stats section and a companion section will be forthcoming. I have redone the enchantments section to include brutals and the ring section with the new underdark rings which are great. I have added a section in the gear section about the twisted weapons and in the artifact section about the sigil of the devoted. I have also switched from eye of the storm to spell storm and that is detailed in the powers section. I have updated the pictures so that they reflect the text.
  • midnightflaresmidnightflares Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Was looking at your website and found this gem:

Chiling Presence - Adds additional .5% damage per stack of chill. On a target with 6 stacks this is an extra 3% damage added straight to the top.

In actuality it is +6% bonus damage (at rank 3) per stack of chill, doubled on frozen targets.
    Idk if this was a mistype but would you please fix it, it is misinforming and shows chilling presence as being significantly weaker, then what it does.
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited January 2016

Chiling Presence - Adds additional .5% damage per stack of chill. On a target with 6 stacks this is an extra 3% damage added straight to the top.

In actuality it is +6% bonus damage (at rank 3) per stack of chill, doubled on frozen targets.
    Idk if this was a mistype but would you please fix it, it is misinforming and shows chilling presence as being significantly weaker, then what it does.

Probably he was refering to the Artifact Off-Hand power for Chilling Presence, but i still think the one that delivers a additional Spell Storm strike at 5% chance is better.
    @ midnightflares
    sorry that was a mistype
    I was a bit foggy minded because it was about 3am my local time when I was typing that.
    the chances have been updated to reflect the correct information
  • midnightflaresmidnightflares Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    @tomahawkthegreat

I think you misunderstood me, on your website it still states incorrect information.
    Chilling presence causes you to get a 6% (rank 3) damage boost per stack for a total of 36% damage bonus on a target with 6 chill stacks, which doubles to 72% while it is frozen. At rank 4 this would be 48% at 6 stacks, 96% while frozen
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    Tier 3 - Either of these is good but, I used Drow Meditation so i can recoop and reuse my powers more often.
    Drow Meditation gives regeneration, which is not the same as recovery.
    umsche said:

Tier 3 - Either of these is good but, I used Drow Meditation so i can recoop and reuse my powers more often.
    Drow Meditation gives regeneration, which is not the same as recovery.

yes it has already been updated and fixed

@tomahawkthegreat

I think you misunderstood me, on your website it still states incorrect information.
    Chilling presence causes you to get a 6% (rank 3) damage boost per stack for a total of 36% damage bonus on a target with 6 chill stacks, which doubles to 72% while it is frozen. At rank 4 this would be 48% at 6 stacks, 96% while frozen

ah yes i see that now. i will get the updates to the site made
    thank you for your keen eye

the updates have been made to the site
    Thanks again
    I have listened to all your advice and I have updated the website.

Spell twisting and icy veins are indeed really worth the extra time. they make it much easier to do a ton of dps because they cool down so much faster

i changed some of the feats around as well as some of the boons
    please take a minute to check it out

also the guide was cross posted to MMO Minds and here is a link
    http://mmominds.com/2016/01/20/death-and-taxes-dps-cw-guide-mod-8/

I will be adding a section on companions as well soon.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    The terror is also a great choice because you deal more DPS as necrotic and reduce their defense and induce terror in them which may cause them to run back a little bit.
    Not sure what you mean by that, the root on transcended ?
    micky1p00 said:

The terror is also a great choice because you deal more DPS as necrotic and reduce their defense and induce terror in them which may cause them to run back a little bit.
    Not sure what you mean by that...

exactly as the tooltip reads
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited January 2016

For Lesser: "You deal an additional 7% of weapon damage as Necrotic damage with every swing and induce terror in your foe, reducing their Defense by 10% for Players and decreasing their Damage Resistance by -1% for monsters. This effect cannot be refreshed until it expires. "

For pure: "You deal an additional 20% of weapon damage as Necrotic damage with every swing and induce terror in your foe, reducing their Defense and Power by 40% for Players and decreasing their Damage Resistance by -4% for monsters. This effect cannot be refreshed until it expires. "

For T: "You deal an additional 25% of weapon damage as Necrotic damage with every swing and induce terror in your foe, reducing their Defense and Power by 40% for Players and decreasing their Damage Resistance by -4% for monsters. This effect cannot be refreshed until it expires. You also have a 10% chance to root your target. This root can only occur once every 30 seconds. "

No running back, and no other CC effects until transcended.
    No sure if you wanted to write it up in 'theme' but it can be misleading, I think sticking to drier facts is better even if it sounds worse than terrorized monsters running back. imo.
    micky1p00 said:

For Lesser: "You deal an additional 7% of weapon damage as Necrotic damage with every swing and induce terror in your foe, reducing their Defense by 10% for Players and decreasing their Damage Resistance by -1% for monsters. This effect cannot be refreshed until it expires. "

For pure: "You deal an additional 20% of weapon damage as Necrotic damage with every swing and induce terror in your foe, reducing their Defense and Power by 40% for Players and decreasing their Damage Resistance by -4% for monsters. This effect cannot be refreshed until it expires. "

For T: "You deal an additional 25% of weapon damage as Necrotic damage with every swing and induce terror in your foe, reducing their Defense and Power by 40% for Players and decreasing their Damage Resistance by -4% for monsters. This effect cannot be refreshed until it expires. You also have a 10% chance to root your target. This root can only occur once every 30 seconds. "

No running back, and no other CC effects until transcended.
    No sure if you wanted to write it up in 'theme' but it can be misleading, I think sticking to drier facts is better even if it sounds worse than terrorized monsters running back. imo.
    noted ill make the chances and get them posted to the site
    the website has been updated. I listened to your advice and have changed some of the feats around and provided more basic explanations of what they all do and why we want them. I changed the terror description and added a section on the feytouched enchantment.

Forth coming is a companion section.