test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best build/powers for MI Executioner in PVE?

trill34trill34 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
Does anyone have a good high-DPS MI Executioner build/rotation for PVE?

I currently run Dazing Strike, Lashing Blade and Smoke Bomb for trash clearing and Wicked Reminder, Lashing Blade and Smoke Bomb for bosses. I feel like I could be doing more damage, especially in trash-clearing. I've heard that people are using Lurker's Assault+Blade Flurry, which sounds interesting.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    same mantra: test server-free respec-try and error til you get your own unique build that you are happy with.

trust me it will give you much more satisfaction then copying some1 else build or rotation.

and much more respect from other players too.
  • trill34trill34 Member Posts: 63 Arc User

same mantra: test server-free respec-try and error til you get your own unique build that you are happy with.

trust me it will give you much more satisfaction then copying some1 else build or rotation.

Yeah dude, I know how to do all of that lol, I actually posted this because I'm interested in what other people are doing. Thanks for sharing though?
  • lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    trill34 said:

Yeah dude, I know how to do all of that lol, I actually posted this because I'm interested in what other people are doing. Thanks for sharing though?
    all right,all right no need to get all cranky we are here to help.

so here are my tips for what i use as executioner pve based: it might be a bit out of the box but here it goes:

ability score: i went with str+cha for extra CA dmg. w? i use infiltrator action as passive power so im at CA constantly. i spam lurker assault stealth duel flurry stealth again and duel again effects ends, use ss+stealth+ daze for sod to kick in. also i use itc when i feel i need it (boss eoa, to many adds near me etc)

i slot silver at defense for high deflect w? i choose fey thistle sharandar last boon so when i deflect i also do dmg.

i also choose dread ring first option for last boon (sorry cant remember name) it give me 10k dmg deflect for 6 sec and i find it very helpful for squishy class and it saved me a couple of times at edemo and boss fights too.

i also chose third option for last boon from iwd ( again sorry dont remember name) basically it give me 3k dmg chance whenever i heal and i heal a lot since i have 27% life steal.

this build is not optimal but i find i very good and balanced between not been to squishy and been able to deal nice amount for dps too.

also try to reach around 7-8k recovery it helps a lot.

• creolegamercreolegamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Powers i often use are Dazing Strike, Smoke bomb and lashing blade. I swap out smoke bomb for wicked reminder on bosses. dont have blade flurry (fury cant remember) but i hear that works wonders with lurkers assult, i jus spam wicked reminder cuz of the multiple hits i get with lostmauth set. Lurkers and whirlwind of blades for dailes. It isnt optimized for most dps or anything like that, i jus like these skills and find that combination is useful for my playstyle
  • talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    My personal playstyle

at wills: sly flourish + df i am using sly flourish on adds with low hp, because stacking df is often a waste of time, only on stronger adds it will be helpful. But i am starting always on stronger adds and bosses with sly flourish because of the debuff.

passives: tactic and skillfull infiltrator (higher ap gain and a "gift of haste" cleric in the group....daily...daily...oh and another daily..) skillfull infiltrator + dying breath feat (you are running like mad over the battlefield to help out some of your group members, or attacking an add, avoiding an aoe without loosing stamina like a gwf for example.)

encounters: dazing strike, smoke, blade flurry (trashmob), wicked reminder, smoke, dazing strike on stationary bosses (lostmouth for example), wicked reminder, dazing strike, lashing blade on "porting bosses" like valindra
    (personally i dont like the large cooldown of lashing blade anymore and if i could do two times dazing strike in the same time...)

dailys: whirlwind, lurkers, sometimes courage breaker (as debuffing boss encounter)

So in dungeons i start the fight with:

stealth --> dazing strike on a larger add (sod procc) --> smoke --> blade flurry

if your group is able to handle larger add groups you can easily do the lurkers + blade flurry action

or

stealth --> whirlwind --> dazing strike --> smoke --> blade flurry

little notice:

1. starting with dazing strike is a little bit risky (a dead Tr couldn't do damage) so the more easy mode is stealth --> smoke --> blade flurry --> dazing strike when back in stealth

2. As an Tr you should always attack first an add group because of stealth and the low aggro, so the passive "first strike" could be an alternative if you are that interested in increasing your personal dps.
  • mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    My personal exe rotation, not really optimised, but it work for me, i don't like when things are easy :

pve basic : itc ( 1s of vulnerability when launching smoke ) -> Smoke -> Stealth -> Dazing Strike (on the biggest mob/on the most packed ) -> Duellist Flurry for finish or invulnerability frame needed -> Bloodbath if needed.

Dungeons trash : itc -> Smoke -> Stealth -> Wicked Reminder -> ( Wirlwhind if up -> stealth ( invisible infiltrator ) ) -> Duellist Flurry then repeat

Dungeons Boss : Duellist Flurry -> Smoke -> Stealth -> Wicked Reminder ( Sod start, with DF lasts bleeds and ticks of smoke in addition of multiple Lol set hits ) -> SS ( or Courage Breaker if up ) ->Stealth -> Duellist Flurry ( Sod end during )

There is a massively more powerfull way like Blade Fury rotation, but i have not the skill for this.
  • trill34trill34 Member Posts: 63 Arc User

also i use itc when i feel i need it (boss eoa, to many adds near me etc)

ITC is huge, especially in boss fights. For single-target DPS scenarios the ability to stand in there and keep up DF bleeds can make a huge difference.

Powers i often use are Dazing Strike, Smoke bomb and lashing blade. I swap out smoke bomb for wicked reminder on bosses. dont have blade flurry (fury cant remember) but i hear that works wonders with lurkers assult, i jus spam wicked reminder cuz of the multiple hits i get with lostmauth set. Lurkers and whirlwind of blades for dailes. It isnt optimized for most dps or anything like that, i jus like these skills and find that combination is useful for my playstyle

I swap out DS for WR on bosses. DS does a lot of damage, and can trigger SoD, but the passive DPS from Smoke Bomb is huge, even in single-target situations. SB really does a lot of damage. The multi-hits from WR are great, I want to try trash-clearing with WR and Blade Flurry, just spamming encounters.
    talon1970 said:

i am using sly flourish on adds with low hp, because stacking df is often a waste of time, only on stronger adds it will be helpful.

encounters: dazing strike, smoke, blade flurry (trashmob), wicked reminder, smoke, dazing strike on stationary bosses (lostmouth for example), wicked reminder, dazing strike, lashing blade on "porting bosses" like valindra
    (personally i dont like the large cooldown of lashing blade anymore and if i could do two times dazing strike in the same time...)

I agree on Sly Flourish, in PVE I think the flexibility makes a big difference: sometimes it's better to whip out a quick SF instead of going overkill with DF. We're on the same page encounters-wise, except I haven't tried BF on trash. Def need to try that. As for Lashing Blade, I love the big numbers and the ability to trigger SoD. I'm feated into Shady Preparations, which is a big help setting up LB. I hate it for trash clearing though: again, I think I should try BF here...
    mirlegris said:

Dungeons Boss : Duellist Flurry -> Smoke -> Stealth -> Wicked Reminder ( Sod start, with DF lasts bleeds and ticks of smoke in addition of multiple Lol set hits ) -> SS ( or Courage Breaker if up ) ->Stealth -> Duellist Flurry ( Sod end during )

That's a solid single-target DPS rotation dude: stack some bleeds, get the Smoke Bomb damage ticking, then kick off SoD with the WR debuff. Right now I'm using Shocking Execution and LB in that stack.

Thanks for all the info, I'm glad to see us PVE rogues are still TCOB!
  • twitchdigit1twitchdigit1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    For encounters, I use Path of Blades, Smoke Bomb and Lashing Blade. I switch SB for Wicked Reminder for bosses. If there's a lot of trash mobs, I use Dazing Strike instead of Lashing Blade. At-wills, I use DF and cloud of steel for trash. Dailies, I use Shocking Execution for bosses and Whirlwind of Blades for trash

I feel Path of Blades is a very under-used power for MI Exe TRs. Combined with SB and WoB, its very effective in clearing trash with high damage when its maxed out. It works great in dungeons like eToS and Demo when you have adds on bosses as well.
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Path of Blades: I don't really know, why people use this. It has very low damage, it does not proc effects (SoD, Weapon enchants, lostmauth - or at least it not used to proc, haven't tried it for a while).
    It fills AP bar, but very slowly, other powers give as much AP as well. Its damage is random and passive (and low). I play TR for fast and reflex-based lifestyle, I don't really like passive damage. As far I see it, any other power gives me more damage or utility and Ap.
    Does PotB has some hidden value, I don't know about? I recently thinking about playing my TR again for pve, I did not played with it regularly for a while. I did not figured out my rotation yet. Path has no place in it as it stands now.
    (It has some uses in Tiamat for example, it seems to add some interrupt and control against mobs.)
    Post edited by blazious11 on
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • twitchdigit1twitchdigit1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    Maxed, PoB has higher damage than Dazing Strike and has a higher AoE spread than Dazing Strike as well, without the need for stealth to hit multiple targets. I agree, its not the best power for most dungeons (it pulls mobs, so if thats what you want, its good) but in solo pve or dungeons with adds on bosses (much like you said about Tiamat, it does interrupt for a second or two) it works rather well.

Again, its not for everyone. I find it works well in my rotation for my build, but that's just for me :smile:. Everyone has different preferences.
  • milkyguymilkyguy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    For trash mobs: Stealthed Smoke, WoB, Stealthed DS aoe, and a couple of WR/SF/BF swings (BF works best for me in VT so far, even if you dont crit it still does tons of aoe dmg)

For boss/tanky mob:
    - DF, after the 5-7th swing, enter stealth to make the first tick of DF bleed a critical hit, every tick after that will be critical hit if you success. If you don't, just keep moving on to the next step :p
    - While in stealth use whatever short cooldown/charge-based encounter (should be WR for a ~20% incoming damage debuff)... to activate SoD.
    - LA then stealthed LB, DF again to increase and keep the bleed stack (10 stacks).
    - Stealth bar should be up now so enter stealth again and use DS/WR to apply SoD, before that you should see a huge yellow number pops up, that is your previous SoD damage :D.
    - While waiting for AP to fill up, keep doing stealthed WR when your stealth bar is filled to activate SoD, and dont forget to DF to keep the bleed stack. DF bleeds and SoD are your main source of damage in this rotation. When AP is filled repeat the rotation.

Note:
    - It requires Invisible infiltrator feat. power to do those rotations above, you can slot Tenacious Concealment rank 4 (it increases your stealth recovery) to increase the up time of SoD. Stealthed LB/DS means entering stealth and LB/DS right away, thanks to shadow born feat you double your power stat for 1 attack after entering stealth.
    - WoB = Whirlwind of Blades, DF = Duelist's flurry, WR = Wicked Reminder, SF = Sky Flourish, DS = Dazing Strike, SoD = Shadow of Demise, LB = Lashing Blade, LA = Lurker's Assault, BF = Blade Flurry
    - Recently I've slotted Infiltrator's action for AOE rotation, it gives 20 secs of constant CA, plus a 5% bonus damage from artifact offhand power.
    Post edited by milkyguy on
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    I've noticed path of blades can tick up your Rampaging madness meter pretty quickly at little or no cost to you. - I don't like using it either in places like ETOS where it can pull a bunch of spiders/mobs but if you're careful about the cooldown it doesn't appear to be a huge deal..​​
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• milkyguymilkyguy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    I've never used path of blades since the day I started playing rogue, simply because trash mobs usually die way before the duration end, and the casting animation makes me wanna start shouting at him :p
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    path of the blade is the worst encounter of tr arsenal