test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Holiday Drow Mercenary Giveaway 12/22!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Hey everyone!

I do a lot of giveaways on social media, so I thought I should do one on the forums, too. I'm giving away five Drow Mercenary Companions right here for PC, of course.

To enter, simply answer this question right here on this thread: "Tiamat is 20 feet in front of you. Grab the nearest thing on your right for a weapon. What is it and how will you use it?"

I'll announce and message the winners tomorrow 12/23 at around 11AM PST (What time is this for you?)

There is no right or wrong answer! As long as it remains on topic - and is respectful - you'll be entered into the random drawing.

Have fun!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• khurnakkhurnak Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Unfortunately the nearest thing on my right just this second is a basket of Xmas cookies from the cookie exchange... so I guess I blow the powdered sugar off the lemon cookies to blind her, throw the peanut butter and caramel cookies into her mouth so that it sticks shut, and beat her to death with the unbreakable and super hard fruit cake.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2015
    I grab my kitten, Gandalf the Grey, and scream "Thou Shall Not Pass!" then throw him at Tiamat and run like hell.
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    My mobile phone. She may resist acid, cold, fire, lightning and poison, but can she resist social media and cat-collecting games?
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    haha....hard to beat that, Gud! :) The nearest things on my right at present are my phone, some hand lotion, a pen, and some lip balm. I think Tiamat is misunderstood and just likes attention, so I'd use the lip balm to soothe her obviously chapped lips from spewing out all that fire and brimstone, squirt the lotion on the ground in front of her so she slips and slides and has some fun in life (maybe she won't be so grumpy then), write a little jingle for her with the pen, and call a lot of friends on the phone to come sing the jingle with me to keep her happy.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    I grab my Yoda coffee cup, hide behind my desk and using my best Yoda voice say "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size do you? Hmm? Hmm? And well you should not." If that doesn't work, I pour some eggnog and try to out drink her.
  • palehorseonepalehorseone Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Tiamet was slain by the potent random lego pieces scattered on the floor.
  • ruinrandirruinrandir Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    To my right all there is is an LED flashlight - Ahhh, I can only blind one head. LED flashlight $1.99, 3 AAA batteries $2.99, Tiamat is seeing blue dots - priceless.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Got toilet paper. I'll wipe the sweat on my face with a piece then enrage the rest of the raid members into slaying her after I blame Tiamat for clogging their toilets up.

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    I have is a Casio scientific calculator :'( , I'll have to divide Tiamat by 0 ?!
  • mantera47mantera47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    I would grab my cordless phone and call Spiderman and tell him that Tiamat ate his Uncle Ben's rice...
  • sirtreborsirtrebor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    Grabs the Holy Bible from cabinet and starts reading as tiamat starts to be banished to hell. (and yes I do have a cabinet on my right side with a bible in it and other books too.)
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User

"Tiamat is 20 feet in front of you. Grab the nearest thing on your right for a weapon. What is it and how will you use it?"

Ibanez AEL-20E electric/acoustic guitar.

As Tiamat approaches, I sling my guitar and strike a Gmaj chord.

Woke up to hear the sound of pouring rain....

Tiamat stops. All five of her massive heads look at me with mild curiosity.

The wind would whisper, and I think of you....

Clearly, now, Tiamat is confused. There's no fear or panic in my voice as I sing. She takes another tentative step forward.

And all those tears you cried, they called my name....

Her red head, snuffles a bit, still seemingly torn between eating me and listening to the song.

And when you needed me, I came through....

At this point, Tiamat begins huffing. Since I'm unsure of what her intentions may be, I skip the second verse and plow headlong into the chorus.

Remember yesterday.. walking hand in hand.. love letters in the sand.... I remember you...
    Through all the sleepless nights.. through every endless day.. I wanna hear you say.. I remember you......

The massive dragon sits, swaying in time to the music. Is that a tear I see streaking down the side of her blue face? It very well could be.

As I go through the 80's hair ballad, Tiamat's eyes soften, and become peaceful, content, happy. I drag the song out a little bit longer, still desperately trying to plan my escape route. As I finish the song, the Dragon Queen rises and takes a step forward and gently muzzles me with her Green head.

Then the Black head promptly eats me.

And spits out my guitar.

The End

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Fortunately for me, the nearest thing on my right is my bag, and inside it, my wallet, and inside my wallet, a letter that i will hurry to brandish :

"By this , we guarantee that the lord Mirlegris will be preserved from death.

Signed by G.Gygax, Rob K., E.Greenwood and R.A. Salvatore

Ps : Don't panic Queeny, you can flagellate him, just don't kill him."
  • to my right is a quantum harmonizer, which i would then proceed to grab and put in tiamat's photonic resonation chamber​​
  • stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    I would throw my guild leader Janne at Tiamat... She will either kill Tiamat or die trying. In either case, She would delay Tiamat so I have time to escape.
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF
  • gwynny2gwynny2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    An empty coffee cup. I'll throw it at the nearest face to distract her while I dodge behind some other poor adventurer. I may well die, but at least I'll die caffeinated.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I will grab the notebook lying on my right and approach tiamat, asking her to fill in her tax forms. Like all sane forms of life, she will run away in terror and hide to escape from filling in tax forms.
  • insomniarqueinsomniarque Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    There is nothing around me, so i have no choice, i will die.

In a last burst of heroism, behind my screen i make a HAMSTER of frustration. Thanks to a wing beats of a butterfly several weeks ago, a hurricane will cause a power outage and the server is offline before the Dragons Queen have had time to kill me.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    Gah this blows. The only thing I have to my right are my curtains. Not really the optimal weapon against Tiamat.

What to do.. I guess I wrap the curtains around me start screaming and running around like a maniac. Maybe it will scare him off.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    I'd get my legs and run ... run far and fast! rofl
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    (Is the prize a code to enter? I have this companion already but would love to be able to gift it.)

The closest item to my right hand is a shower gel and puff gift set from The Body Shop, with a Starbucks card tucked into it. Tiamat actually does just want to get pretty and enjoy a nice latte, so we're all saved.
    zebular said:

I grab my kitten, Gandalf the Grey, and scream "Thou Shall Not Pass!" then throw him at Tiamat and run like hell.

Ahh, that's terrible. Poor kitteh.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • jpalo316jpalo316 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    Hmm... I got a can of compressed air for blowing the dust out of computer equipment to the right of me. I think the best I can do is toss that her, hope a stray spark or flame from from her blue or red heads causes it to explode and distract her enough for me to not be 20 feet in front of her anymore.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    I got a mirror so... I would ask her "which head is the most beautiful?" while aiming for every head, then maybe each head will start fighting against the other giving me enough time to run. :D
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    the mouse i hope the heads get scared and stun each others with head butts
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Directly to my right are.... Christmas presents! I guess I can beat Tiamat with the purse I got for my grandma, and feed her the bath set I got for my cousin. Not sure how the Arc gift card will come into play. I guess buy some Zen, and then some better enchants and kill her in the game? :D
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    I do have pen and paper so...
    Wait there Tiamat, you are entering this world too fast, didn't you see the speed limit marks? Too bad for you... here you have your speeding ticket.
  • arksarkserksesarksarkserkses Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    An empty chips bag. I would tell Tiamat it's full and she would obviously eat it (everyone loves chips and Tiamat's err... "fingers"... are not fit to consume chips sized for humans, so she would swallow the whole thing). Then she would choke herself to death with the unhealthy aluminium bag.
  • baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    I have a coffee mug with some coffee in it. I spill the coffee on his feet and quickly fill it with lava and hurl it at his head. If I get heartburn so does he. :smiley:
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    My crutch.

I grab it and hit her over the snout of one head while yelling: "Get of my lawn. Damn kids these days, put on five heads and thinks it makes some sort of dragon overlord. No in my day-"
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer

(Is the prize a code to enter? I have this companion already but would love to be able to gift it.)

Yup, it'll be a code, which you can totally gift if you win :)

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

This discussion has been closed.