test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Siege Master Reports In!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
With the time spent nurturing your stronghold, it’s time we released a companion that benefits directly from it. Announcing the Siege Master companion, available for purchase in the Zen Market on December 17! http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9703533

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I need that one. My GWF still doesn't do enough damage. This one will help it a bunch. I don't know which companion I'll replace it with, but I want this one.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    @kreatyve.. let us talk sometime about GWFs. :-)
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    @instynctive While that's off topic of this thread, feel free to send me a PM here on the forums or a mail in game about GWF, though I'm no expert.

This companion looks like it will be great for every class though, really. Who doesn't want to do more damage?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    argroschargrosch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    So, does this companions active bonus also work on Strongholds-PvP? If yes this would be quite OP - if not, well active companion bouses should still be removed from Stronholds...

RIP Foundry

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Well... I'm sold! lol

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    Interesting but, few questions :

Active bonus work in pvpSH ?

Bonus in epic and legendary quality ?
  • Options
    versacevercettiversacevercetti Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Companion bonus work on pvpSH siege. You can see on the image that it is blue
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    What is the EPIC damage bonus?

Blue:
    His initial Active Bonus gives you a 3% increase in damage. If you’re in the stronghold map, this bonus increases to 7%.

Purple:
    His initial Active Bonus gives you a X% increase in damage. If you’re in the stronghold map, this bonus increases to X%.

??

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    If it's consistent with other companions, bonus damage should be 5% at epic, but I guess we will see tomorrow.
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    Purple:
    His initial Active Bonus gives you a 4% increase in damage. If you’re in the stronghold map, this bonus increases to 8%.

CONFIRMED. So its a let down. Should have been 5% instead of 4.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    mrshabokmrshabok Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Available on xbox as well?
    3.5k HB Temptation -- Dread Legion
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Such a blatant and obvious money grab. Regardless of it being 4 or 5% at epic, everyone will want one because of the direct damage boost. Oh and it just adds to the ever-growing power creep...
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Next mod, additional active companion slot!
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

Such a blatant and obvious money grab. Regardless of it being 4 or 5% at epic, everyone will want one because of the direct damage boost. Oh and it just adds to the ever-growing power creep...

Obviously they're looking for money. That's why it's on sale in the Zen store, a place where players exchange money for items.

And it makes perfect sense that they'd include things people WANT to buy.

I'm not sure what the problem is...3-4% extra damage is a great bonus, but it's hardly game changing.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    malabogpigfeedermalabogpigfeeder Member Posts: 97 Arc User

lirithiel said:

Obviously they're looking for money. That's why it's on sale in the Zen store, a place where players exchange money for items.

I'm not sure what the problem is...3-4% extra damage is a great bonus, but it's hardly game changing.
    Exactly, there are peopple runing with cambion magus, sword, erynes and archons, between this one and those the difference is minimal.
    I would appreciate you to not read my signature, now that you did, dont do it again.
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    Getting this companion, good addition to a dps SW's aresenal.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User

lirithiel said:

The standard straight damage boost companion (ones with +Power stat) give +190 power at blue level. Since the stat curve is about +400 equals 1%, the seige master's straight +3% (at blue level, shown in the screenshot from Cryptic) is the equivalent of about +1200 power. This means the siege master is roughly six times as good as any normal damage boosting companion on regular maps. That's why it's a problem.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User

The standard straight damage boost companion (ones with +Power stat) give +190 power at blue level. Since the stat curve is about +400 equals 1%, the seige master's straight +3% (at blue level, shown in the screenshot from Cryptic) is the equivalent of about +1200 power. This means the siege master is roughly six times as good as any normal damage boosting companion on regular maps. That's why it's a problem.

People aren't comparing the Siege Master to stat companions, they're comparing them to those with good active bonuses. Stat-increasing companions look bad in comparison to lots of companions.

Off the top of my head (values at blue level):
    Air Archon: Increases your damage to targets not at full health by 3%
    Dancing Blade: 3% crit severity
    Earth Archon: Increases your damage to targets by 4% when you are at full health
    Erinyes of Belial: 5% crit severity
    Fire Archon: Increases your damage against targets with less than 50% HPs by 5%

plus the ones that give bleeds or poison damage (Wererat, Lightfoot Thief), or that reflect damage(Blacksmith), or that give bonus combat advantage damage (Blink Dog, Intellect Devourer).

So 3% bonus damage is right in line with lots of other companions.

• Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User

People aren't comparing the Siege Master to stat companions, they're comparing them to those with good active bonuses. Stat-increasing companions look bad in comparison to lots of companions.

Earth Archon: Increases your damage to targets by 4% when you are at full health

plus the ones that give bleeds or poison damage (Wererat, Lightfoot Thief), or that reflect damage(Blacksmith), or that give bonus combat advantage damage (Blink Dog, Intellect Devourer).

The problem is you can't directly compare against those because they are not the same type of bonus (straight damage). The other problem would be that the seige master still gives a better straight up bonus than every one you listed (except possibly earth archon if you are a character who is rarely taking damage).

I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

Since it is a straight DPS boost, not requiring any special circumstances, I'd say it has *some* edge. Pushing the boundaries, but not by a lot.
  • Options
    zedda82#8786 zedda82 Member Posts: 7 Arc User

The problem is you can't directly compare against those because they are not the same type of bonus (straight damage). The other problem would be that the seige master still gives a better straight up bonus than every one you listed (except possibly earth archon if you are a character who is rarely taking damage).

Erinyes of Belial is strictly better than Siege Master for invisible Tricksters, Eye of the Storm Control Wizards, and BIS Great Weapon Fighters. 5>3 :)