test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Strongholds brings the worst out in people

bkt5789bkt5789 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
Long gone are the days of when people would party up and try to complete some difficult dungeons like castle never. Move aside dracholich, there is an uglier dragon in the game. It's called the evil of man. The strongholds content brings out so much of it in everyone. The drama the content unleashed into the game is unlike any I've ever seen in mmo because now more than ever people need to work together and be good at working together.

But I see tons of people treating each other like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Treat people like properties, people being enticed to join other guilds when they are already in one, oh how about those guys that opt to pay membership into a guild that already achieved a desirable rank? For what? A crappy set of armor? (Dragonflight)

I'm looking at these leeches that expect a free ride off of the back of every other player in the game, joining the multiple guilds just to get a free ride off of each, free armor, announcing that they would leave if they were expected to donate into a coffee, never actually making friends because he or she alienated the people that would have been if he didn't <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up.

Time and time again this happens in the game now it's kind of disgusting and at times possibly hurtful. I guess it brings out the worst in many players, and maybe their true colors. But still I would rather go back to a time where boot looting was a thing over dealing with this. Those times seemed so much more innocent fun and less dramatic.

This content is pure <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as result. It favors the larger guilds, and it made people in the game very <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. As result I see very few newer people and older people leaving in droves.

You can balance any class you want, but no amount of balance will save the game from the evil of man.

Comments

• tntitan1115#0869 tntitan1115 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I would extend that to all the PvP in this game, I've noticed a lot of "trash" talk lately. Most notably the words trash and garbage when someone kills another player. I'll be honest I'm not the best player, I'll own that but I can imagine it will only get worse from here.
    GF LVL 70-Turanga Leela
  • l1yevl1yev Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    They could always lower the amount of players in the guild, I mean to say lower the cap, give a buff to the smaller guild based on their size, not a pvp buff, that'd <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people off, but a pve buff seems harmless, stronghd specific.
  • davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    There is a simpler resolution, wait it out. The peeps that expect or expected this or that will figure it out, or not. Another person with a better D&D MMO mindset will come along. From this, the team or guild composition will be better, also the gaming experience.

Lately I am reading and listening about how something dropped often and now doesn't, not able to collect much astral, what ever the case is, this Mod has revealed the type of gamer each player is. I was shocked too, but I adapted and found (farmed) opportunities else where.

I have helped many work at increasing their astral balance, why not! I too benefit. I have carried players through their first T1 or through a T2, I still benefit from it. We are expected to work with one another and if the optimal composition is achieved, the results are awesome.

Give it some time, it will get better. Waiting on the new Mod...

Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • bkt5789bkt5789 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    David I do the same thing as you but I get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on by many people I help.
  • s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    bkt5789 said:

Long gone are the days of when people would party up and try to complete some difficult dungeons like castle never. Move aside dracholich, there is an uglier dragon in the game. It's called the evil of man. The strongholds content brings out so much of it in everyone. The drama the content unleashed into the game is unlike any I've ever seen in mmo because now more than ever people need to work together and be good at working together.

But I see tons of people treating each other like HAMSTER. Treat people like properties, people being enticed to join other guilds when they are already in one, oh how about those guys that opt to pay membership into a guild that already achieved a desirable rank? For what? A crappy set of armor? (Dragonflight)

I'm looking at these leeches that expect a free ride off of the back of every other player in the game, joining the multiple guilds just to get a free ride off of each, free armor, announcing that they would leave if they were expected to donate into a coffee, never actually making friends because he or she alienated the people that would have been if he didn't HAMSTER up.

Time and time again this happens in the game now it's kind of disgusting and at times possibly hurtful. I guess it brings out the worst in many players, and maybe their true colors. But still I would rather go back to a time where boot looting was a thing over dealing with this. Those times seemed so much more innocent fun and less dramatic.

This content is pure HAMSTER as result. It favors the larger guilds, and it made people in the game very HAMSTER. As result I see very few newer people and older people leaving in droves.

You can balance any class you want, but no amount of balance will save the game from the evil of man.

don't think that way bro, not all big guilds is like that particular guild where potential guildies need to pay lots of AD to join so that they can get their drain glyphs. ASYLUM is open to anyone and guilds that wants to get their gear and glyphs, u can join us and leave the guild after u get what u want and we do it for free as we want to help other new and smaller guilds and also all the players in this game new or old.
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter

I would extend that to all the PvP in this game, I've noticed a lot of "trash" talk lately. Most notably the words trash and garbage when someone kills another player. I'll be honest I'm not the best player, I'll own that but I can imagine it will only get worse from here.

trash talking in the game have been around since the beta version on pc, is nothing new, the most important thing is that you got to remember this is just a game and when it comes to pvp is kill or be killed, why do u want to stress urself about other ppl calling u "trash" ignore them as they r making a fool of themselves
    Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard

There is a simpler resolution, wait it out. The peeps that expect or expected this or that will figure it out, or not. Another person with a better D&D MMO mindset will come along. From this, the team or guild composition will be better, also the gaming experience.

Lately I am reading and listening about how something dropped often and now doesn't, not able to collect much astral, what ever the case is, this Mod has revealed the type of gamer each player is. I was shocked too, but I adapted and found (farmed) opportunities else where.

I have helped many work at increasing their astral balance, why not! I too benefit. I have carried players through their first T1 or through a T2, I still benefit from it. We are expected to work with one another and if the optimal composition is achieved, the results are awesome.

Give it some time, it will get better. Waiting on the new Mod...

the new mod in this game is gonna make it worst, mod 8 will have a ring that will debuff everything so basically pally, cw, sw class is rendered useless when the ring drops. gamers on PC side have been complaining endlessly about it but the devs is not doing anything to fix it.
    Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • tntitan1115#0869 tntitan1115 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    s4v10rx said:

trash talking in the game have been around since the beta version on pc, is nothing new, the most important thing is that you got to remember this is just a game and when it comes to pvp is kill or be killed, why do u want to stress urself about other ppl calling u "trash" ignore them as they r making a fool of themselves
    True that
    GF LVL 70-Turanga Leela
    @s4v10rx - that ring is the ring of natural order, I believe it was removed from the game on pc. At least according to my friends that play on pc. It was however on the preview server for a while. I appreciate what asylum tries to do however I would rather my guild grow to be on your guilds level. There is no sense of accomplishment having other guilds make it easier, I just wish other guilds weren't poaching and using shady tactics. Or at least trolling me when I'm recruiting. I report every user that tells me "how much would you pay me to join your guild?" And other offensive annoying trolling sayings that usually come from a higher ranking guild (members of well endowed and Jesus had soulforged are offenders of this, though I doubt it was anyone of rank, and I understand they can't control their people, though it does look bad.)

Also... How many people have chosen to stay with asylum after you've given them a way to get their pvp things? As a guild leader I would even be suspicious.
  • davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    s4v10rx said:

the new mod in this game is gonna make it worst, mod 8 will have a ring that will debuff everything so basically pally, cw, sw class is rendered useless when the ring drops. gamers on PC side have been complaining endlessly about it but the devs is not doing anything to fix it.

I am concerned with that ring, should it be available. I know nothing about it, just that it exists and its a huge pain.

I know HelHound in your guild, he departed our guild. Good on him. He will work hard at it. We are small, very small and when he joined, other games released- Halo, StarWars, COD, and so not much got done with dailies.

I even considered joining just to run with him and the few Asylum I did run with recently were cool peeps.

Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
    The topic of the ring is off topic. The ring of natural order was only in the mod8 preview server and then removed from the game because it was too overpowered. It's not even going to see the Xbox cause it's not on the pc either.

A lot of people on Xbox don't have what it takes for strongholds content cause compared to pc mmo communities they are more selfish, and don't work well with others.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    The topic at hand is an issue present on both pc and xbox, greed doesn't exist on only 1 console, it exists on both and it became a glaring issue with the release of mod 7. The biggest mistake that was made in this game was tying personal progress to guild progress, its bad in so many ways, firstly because it destroys smaller guilds because their members continually leave to large ones (an issue I don't seem to be having on pc fortunately even though my guild is by no means large) and secondly because it means that you as a guild member have to put complete trust in the guild leader, who has a dictatorial role. Even if you are the biggest contributor in the guild, you can be kicked at any time due to disagreements in the guild. Drama happens, it happens a lot more frequently with guild strongholds and the idea of being able to lose your progress due to the actions of another player who disagrees with you is horrible. Finally, the issue with strongholds is it forces you to do the darn content every single day, regardless of how boring it is. This prevents you from playing the game the way you want to, because in order for your guild to progress, you have to farm influence and there is only 1 way to farm it. It should be available from everything you do, including pvp and dungeon chest rewards, not just boring, mindless he's.

The final issue which is a bit offtopic here is the ring of natural order, it is removed from the game on pc in mod 8, don't worry about it, it is not going to ruin things on xbox. What you can worry about though is the ring of ambush and the ring of cowardice. The first ring allows any class to perma stealth wo long as they keep moving, so expect bunny hopping perma stealth wizqrds in pvp now who drop ice knife on you from stealth. The second ring repels you when you hit a target wearing it. It is supposed to have a 20 second icd but on pc it does not, meaning any class that relies heavily on dots hitting a target wearing 1 will be pushed all the way across the map and will be unable to contest the nodes.

Anyhow, that is my opinion on the matter. Hope that helps and also clarifies some of the stuff on pc.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    As much as guild wide boons are good I'm just here to enjoy the game. I'd rather be in a guild with a bunch of good people and no boons than one with good boons and people I can't have a laugh with.

Just started up a new guild with 6 other peeps for that purpose. Now at just 30 members we help each other get stuff whilst chatting/ messing around.

It's a no pressure, no judgement place and if someone pm'd me asking how much I'd pay him to join I'd say I'd prefer to pay him not to join as he's not the kind of person we want.

Stronghold heroics get done but as much for the fun of it as for getting our first structures up (we really don't care too much about them).

It's a game, you can't take any of this stuff with you when you move on so just be in a place where you're having fun.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    yup. it's not worth it. I'll do what I can to forward the guild but god, it's not what makes the game fun. this game is about having fun. it if becomes work or endless drama I'd rather go do the dishes (And that's why I play.. to avoid doing dishes.. for cereal!) boons are nice.. and I'll work my butt off to get the campaign boons, for the sole reason of the grind being reasonable... but the strong hold boons are kind of outrageous. as far as I am concerned when we get there we get there. Slow but steady progress is all good.. when we get the armor we get the armor. But I'm not going to stress over it. the bar is too high and we were rolled out in an order that was way more condensed than PC. My grind has limits.

the people in the guild are what they are. if we eventually have people joining our guild for armor and then leaving than it is what it is. no skin of my nose. expenditure and sacrifice are what you can afford and what you are willing to do /put into it. If some people are charity cases off what you do, or if you end up being a charity.. than it is what it is. no big deal. you make your choices. it's all personal. if other people benefit than why is that bad? if you get sc@@#ed than it kind of sucks but I hope you've made your risk assessments before accepting any risks and only gone into things that you find acceptable in terms of loss.

life is risk. Gaming is less so..
    bkt5789 said:

@s4v10rx - that ring is the ring of natural order, I believe it was removed from the game on pc. At least according to my friends that play on pc. It was however on the preview server for a while. I appreciate what asylum tries to do however I would rather my guild grow to be on your guilds level. There is no sense of accomplishment having other guilds make it easier, I just wish other guilds weren't poaching and using shady tactics. Or at least trolling me when I'm recruiting. I report every user that tells me "how much would you pay me to join your guild?" And other offensive annoying trolling sayings that usually come from a higher ranking guild (members of well endowed and Jesus had soulforged are offenders of this, though I doubt it was anyone of rank, and I understand they can't control their people, though it does look bad.)

Also... How many people have chosen to stay with asylum after you've given them a way to get their pvp things? As a guild leader I would even be suspicious.

well the suggestion i gave u is just temporary, off course i encourage every1 to grow their guild, also depends on the number of guildies too as for smaller guild it takes a very long time to upgrade their strong hold in order to optimize the upgrade, u got to have at least 50 to 60 people online doing dailies, tho some other mentioned about 100 gt online doing their sh dailies.

i don't know about other guildies but i'm happy at asylum and i will b in asylum for the long haul and doing my part to upgrade our sh in anyway i can.
    Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard

The topic at hand is an issue present on both pc and xbox, greed doesn't exist on only 1 console, it exists on both and it became a glaring issue with the release of mod 7. The biggest mistake that was made in this game was tying personal progress to guild progress, its bad in so many ways, firstly because it destroys smaller guilds because their members continually leave to large ones (an issue I don't seem to be having on pc fortunately even though my guild is by no means large) and secondly because it means that you as a guild member have to put complete trust in the guild leader, who has a dictatorial role. Even if you are the biggest contributor in the guild, you can be kicked at any time due to disagreements in the guild. Drama happens, it happens a lot more frequently with guild strongholds and the idea of being able to lose your progress due to the actions of another player who disagrees with you is horrible. Finally, the issue with strongholds is it forces you to do the darn content every single day, regardless of how boring it is. This prevents you from playing the game the way you want to, because in order for your guild to progress, you have to farm influence and there is only 1 way to farm it. It should be available from everything you do, including pvp and dungeon chest rewards, not just boring, mindless he's.

The final issue which is a bit offtopic here is the ring of natural order, it is removed from the game on pc in mod 8, don't worry about it, it is not going to ruin things on xbox. What you can worry about though is the ring of ambush and the ring of cowardice. The first ring allows any class to perma stealth wo long as they keep moving, so expect bunny hopping perma stealth wizqrds in pvp now who drop ice knife on you from stealth. The second ring repels you when you hit a target wearing it. It is supposed to have a 20 second icd but on pc it does not, meaning any class that relies heavily on dots hitting a target wearing 1 will be pushed all the way across the map and will be unable to contest the nodes.

Anyhow, that is my opinion on the matter. Hope that helps and also clarifies some of the stuff on pc.

yeah i agree with you on farming mindless influence from guild he and i'm sure that majority of the gamers playing this game have the same thoughts too, i really wish cryptic will listen to consider the gamers feedback as the gamers is the main source of income for the dev to keep this game alive. really hate to see pwe axing out this game in the future which a lot of publisher have done to minimize expenses
    Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard

s4v10rx said:

I am concerned with that ring, should it be available. I know nothing about it, just that it exists and its a huge pain.

I know HelHound in your guild, he departed our guild. Good on him. He will work hard at it. We are small, very small and when he joined, other games released- Halo, StarWars, COD, and so not much got done with dailies.

I even considered joining just to run with him and the few Asylum I did run with recently were cool peeps.

update from other peeps that this ring is not gonna b released, which is good as the draining stamina and ap is already creating lots of issues

well base on my own personal experience in ASYLUM, ASYLUM is not elitist, in fact we run a good amount of pvp, dungeon and etc with other guild from pub gaming, hazardous nation, the nation, denial, quantum, cold blooded and etc just to name a few, so far i have a great time and fun running with peeps from other guild
    Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    bkt5789 said:

But I see tons of people treating each other like HAMSTER. Treat people like properties, people being enticed to join other guilds when they are already in one, oh how about those guys that opt to pay membership into a guild that already achieved a desirable rank? For what? A crappy set of armor? (Dragonflight)

I'm looking at these leeches that expect a free ride off of the back of every other player in the game, joining the multiple guilds just to get a free ride off of each, free armor, announcing that they would leave if they were expected to donate into a coffee, never actually making friends because he or she alienated the people that would have been if he didn't HAMSTER up.

This content is pure HAMSTER as result. It favors the larger guilds, and it made people in the game very HAMSTER. As result I see very few newer people and older people leaving in droves.

You can donate to my coffee if you like? ;) I like mine strong and with lots of sugar :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    I type on a phone I can't access this site from my pc for some reason. The apple autocorrects coffer to coffee.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    bkt5789 said:

I type on a phone I can't access this site from my pc for some reason. The apple autocorrects coffer to coffee.

Ha ha predictive text makes things funny sometimes :)

I had to point it out as I had a chuckle when I read donate to coffee :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe