test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why doesn't the symbol of water artifact in neverwinter not give bonus refinement points when dumped

skimbrellskimbrell Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2015 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
I bought 5 symbol of water (stability) artifacts to dump into my 2 stability artifacts only to find out that it only give bonus refinement points to artifacts of power. So now what, I have 5 artifacts I can't use for double refinement. They have also dropped in value. So what is neverwinter gonna do to make this right?

Comments

• Options
    jgwilsonjgwilson Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I tried feeding a 75 sym of water to a 60 symbol of water, and actually lost a rank! I was left with a rank 74! i should have had over a 100 rank (double RP). This thing is glitched.
  • Options
    willwheatleywillwheatley Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I just spent a LOT of real life money on ZEN which I converted into diamonds to buy a bunch of Symbols of Water in hopes of getting an artifact of stability to Mythic. Well after dumping one of the symbols into another I could tell something was up, this should give 1,281,900 RP, (2x for double * 5x for stability type), and instead I only got 256,380 RP. PLEASE FIX THIS BUG AND REPLACE THE SYMBOL OF WATER I LOST, OR REFUND ALL OF MY $$$
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited November 2015

I just spent a LOT of real life money on ZEN which I converted into diamonds to buy a bunch of Symbols of Water in hopes of getting an artifact of stability to Mythic. Well after dumping one of the symbols into another I could tell something was up, this should give 1,281,900 RP, (2x for double * 5x for stability type), and instead I only got 256,380 RP. PLEASE FIX THIS BUG AND REPLACE THE SYMBOL OF WATER I LOST, OR REFUND ALL OF MY $$$

Did it say that it was giving you 1.28 million when you put it in the slot?
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    urabask said:

I don't remember, I didn't even look. I did all of my calculations off the RP table at the bottom of this page: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    jgwilson said:

I tried feeding a 75 sym of water to a 60 symbol of water, and actually lost a rank! I was left with a rank 74! i should have had over a 100 rank (double RP). This thing is glitched.

Ummm, I think you probably should have dumped the 60 onto the 75 instead of the other way around. You did it backwards. It's not glitched.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

The Symbol of Water is bugged on Xbox. For some reason it's tagged as a symbol of power instead. Please contact Customer Support, and be very polite. I can't guarantee they will replace your Symbol of Water, but if you are polite and don't shout at them like you did your post here, maybe the will take care of it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    kreatyve said:

jgwilson said:

Ummm, I think you probably should have dumped the 60 onto the 75 instead of the other way around. You did it backwards. It's not glitched.
    No, you are wrong, higher into lower is always better RP value. Under normal circumstances, during double RP bonus, a 75 gives 2,276,800 RP, so put into a 60 that is 2,587,935 RP, making it rank 92. The way you think is "better", a 60 gives 1,281,900 RP, put into a 75 gets you at 2,093,535 RP, which is rank 89.

Check the table at the bottom here for further reference: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact
    Multiply the value on the far right column by 5 for matching artifact type, then by 2 for double RP. (so x10).

tldr;
    75 into 60 = 92
    60 into 75 = 89
  • Options
    kreatyve said:

The Symbol of Water is bugged on Xbox. For some reason it's tagged as a symbol of power instead. Please contact Customer Support, and be very polite. I can't guarantee they will replace your Symbol of Water, but if you are polite and don't shout at them like you did your post here, maybe the will take care of it.

It's worse than that. If it were just marked as Power, then a Symbol of Water into a Symbol of Water (power into power) would still provide the bonus, it would only mess up if you tried to put it into a different artifact labelled as Stability. What we have here is a super-duper glitched artifact that is somewhere inbetween Power and Stability, where it GIVES refinement as a Power, but RECEIVES refinement as a Stability.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    It's worse than that. If it were just marked as Power, then a Symbol of Water into a Symbol of Water (power into power) would still provide the bonus, it would only mess up if you tried to put it into a different artifact labelled as Stability. What we have here is a super-duper glitched artifact that is somewhere inbetween Power and Stability, where it GIVES refinement as a Power, but RECEIVES refinement as a Stability.
  • Options

urabask said:

I don't remember, I didn't even look. I did all of my calculations off the RP table at the bottom of this page: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact
    It does pay to pay attention to these things, as bugs and glitches do sometimes happen.

Also, typing in ALL CAPS on the internet is always considered shouting. If you wish to highlight an important point, that is what bold is for.
    kuI2v8l.png