test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hide and Seek Event 10/26 at 4pm PT

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2015 in News & Announcements
(The community team participants from left to right: 
Ditzz Du'Rhuhwhat@ironzerg, CM StrumSlinger@strumslinger, Alustrial Færÿdae@kreatyve, and 'Old Zeb'@zebular)

Update 5:20pm PT: We had over 350 tallies! Congratulations to everyone! We had tons of fun and hope you guys did, as well. Let us know how many of us you found.

With Underdark approaching ever closer, we’ve decided to shroud the community in more hype by hosting a community hide and seek event on Monday, October 26 from 4-5pm PT (Pacific)! In this event, the community team will be hiding in several “dark” locations to prepare everyone for what’s to come in the Underdark. If enough adventurers are able to find them, everyone will get a free Change Appearance Token!

Follow the link for how it will work: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9607723

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    Cool. :) Neat event, thanks.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    This one sounds fun!

And great way to (hopefully) contain the mobs. Last "find & giveaway" contest was a nightmare since everyone mobbed around & wouldn't leave. Hopefully this will eliminate that nightmare. :)
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Yeah, I know the feedback from that event wasn't great...that's why we set this one up so that everyone wins if the community hits the target. It's a team effort!
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1

Yeah, I know the feedback from that event wasn't great...that's why we set this one up so that everyone wins if the community hits the target. It's a team effort!

Love it - although it will still be a pug team, sooo... well, I'm sure it will be better. lol Definitely sounds like fun
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I have a good hiding place. :) Hope that people can find me!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    Thank you for this giveaway!!
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
    kreatyve said:

ooh - hope you have a good clue :smile:
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    *the old elven mage grins*
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Hmm What would Liam Neeson say?
    "I know who you are. I know what you want. If you are looking for Astral Diamonds, I can tell you I don't have any. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare. If you let the loot drop now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you."
  • peterbilodeaupeterbilodeau Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    zukn75 said:

Hmm What would Liam Neeson say?
    "I know who you are. I know what you want. If you are looking for Astral Diamonds, I can tell you I don't have any. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare. If you let the loot drop now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you."

I don't always lol, but when I do, I lol to this.

Sounds like a great event, looking forward to it!
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    please flagg these 4 people for pvp.....
  • androsha1forcandrosha1forc Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    couple of quick questions on scoring

is each 'find' 1 point?
    do you need to find all 4 people for 1 point?
    is it total number of 'finds' divided by 4?

ultimately what im asking is
    if only 50 people find Ditzz Du'Rhuhwhat and everyone else is found 100 times how does it count?
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User

If enough adventurers are able to find them, everyone will get a free Change Appearance Token!

I. WILL. FIND. YOU! =D

• rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

OMGawd I already knoes!
  • madnitezzmadnitezz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    Interesting! I want to join.. but will be working... WHY PICK TIS AOWA?? HAIT YA!! :(
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Make sure everyone has a signpost in case you need to flee.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015

couple of quick questions on scoring

is each 'find' 1 point?
    do you need to find all 4 people for 1 point?
    is it total number of 'finds' divided by 4?

Each @handle may earn 4 points to the goal by finding each of us. If you only find two of us, you'll only add two points.

ultimately what im asking is
    if only 50 people find Ditzz Du'Rhuhwhat and everyone else is found 100 times how does it count?

That would be 350 points. 50 points from Ditzz's founds, 100 from CM Strumslinger's founds, 100 from Alustrial's founds, and 100 from my founds.
    obsiddia said:

Make sure everyone has a signpost in case you need to flee.

Signpost ready, as well as switch instance hotkey'd!
  • lithllithl Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Hiding behind the living room curtain does not count as "a good hiding place" :tongue:

lithl said:

kreatyve said:

Hiding behind the living room curtain does not count as "a good hiding place" :tongue:
    Dagnabbit! *the old elven mage teleports behind the couch*
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    I would be more happy if only one bug was fixed instead of messing in dead areas hoping some lol reward.
    But it's just me.
    Hf there.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    YAY! More of these fun things please. I feel like most of the time the interactions with with Strum and the Mods are through hate filled posts on these forums, this is a really good way to have some fun and be rewarding (and not feeling grind like).

10/10, double thumbs up, gold stars for all.
  • drjones#2611 drjones Member Posts: 1 New User
    This is total BS! why can only americans have the event at a time thats good for them??? FS american bs as always.
    4-5pm PT is 11-12pm GMT or 1am-2am if your in germany, not to mention us has 300mil people EU-Asia has 3 billion

Give us our EU server please
  • ridderkaltenridderkalten Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Wee, that really the gear i need. I would never need AD or Rp. But i guess im lucky its aint gold we get as a server reward. Now i can look like that famous dwarf from a certain Company of the Hall. How many other Drizzt, bruenor, pwent or regis will there be in the game now...

• aleblainaleblain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    Sounds funny, simple and joyful! You could begin doing a lot of these kind of stuff. We need a revitalization of the game and fun. Good luck with the event!
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Glad to hear you guys are liking this event! We'll definitely do more in-game events.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• roadki11ukroadki11uk Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Any chance you could do these things in a timezone friendly manner?
    4pm Pacific is 11pm GMT on a Monday, bad for the UK players who work and even worse for anyone east of the UK.

A Friday or Saturday night wouldn't be so bad - it would only hit those players with social lives!
    edited October 2015

Any chance you could do these things in a timezone friendly manner?
    4pm Pacific is 11pm GMT on a Monday, bad for the UK players who work and even worse for anyone east of the UK.

A Friday or Saturday night wouldn't be so bad - it would only hit those players with social lives!

This is total BS! why can only americans have the event at a time thats good for them??? FS american bs as always.

4-5pm PT is 11-12pm GMT or 1am-2am if your in germany, not to mention us has 300mil people EU-Asia has 3 billion

Give us our EU server please

We'll definitely take this into consideration. Alas, with events that involve the Community Team of this particular forum, you must keep in mind that this is the forum for the Americas and Britannia. Our Team here are all in North American time zones, have jobs, families, and other obligations. It would be more likely to see the European Community Staff hold events in European Time Zones than it would us, for obvious reasons.

I personally would like to see us have some events in times more friendly for our friends across the pond in the British Isles (as my roots come from Wales). Alas, right now, we have no resident on our Team for this forum from over there. I'm sure we'll see an in-game EU Community Event in the near future however.

Keep an eye on your regions' Community for Regional Specific events hosted by your area's Community Teams:

Dragon Server:
    German News & German Forums
    French News & French Forums
    Italian News & Italian Forums
    Portuguese News
    Turkish News
    Polish News

Drider Server:
    Russian News & Russian Forums

There are a couple Forum/Social Media events going on right now:

Dragon Server:
    English Community Team: Neverwinter Unmasked Costume Contest
    French Community Team: Épreuve d'alchimie de la mort
    Italian Community Team: Contest alchemico mortale
    German Community Team: Tödlicher Alchemiewettbewerb

Drider Server:
    Russian Community Team: Алхимический конкурс

Post edited by zebular on
    edited October 2015
    r000kie said:

Just for kicks, not interested in raw numbers, but for sure the % of US players vs European ones, that can be made public.

I'm not sure if they'd release such information but I'll ask.
    r000kie said:

Dragon Server? Is that a different one from the US one?

Dragon is the same server the US plays on. Dragon is the International Server that spans the entire globe, except for two regions: Russia and China. Then there's also Lich, which is the XBOX Live server. Russia's server is called Drider and China's is region locked and isolated, ran by their own publisher and it's not even the same version as Dragon/Drider/Lich. Mimic and Owlbear are the two International Test/Preview Servers and Russia's Test/Preview server is called Lurker.

So, for clarity on the Launcher's Display of Servers:

Neverwinter - Neverwinter = Dragon (International Live Server)
    Neverwinter - NeverwinterRU = Drider (Russia Regional Live Server)
    Neverwinter - NeverwinterPreview = Mimic (International Preview Server)
    Neverwinter - Owlbear = Owlbear (International Preview Server)*
    Neverwinter - Lurker = Lurker (Russia Regional Preview Server)
    *Note: When there is a New Module on Mimic, Owlbear is used instead for testing of patches that will be published to Dragon prior to the release of the Module in testing on Mimic.

XBOX Live and China's are not listed, of course.

I'm told that the EU teams are looking into organizing in game events in the future. :)
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Along the same lines, I've been wanting us to have a contest where each person suggests
    one Title -- like Dungeon Master, Orc Slayer, etc. and the top ten win something. The
    staff can then choose which they want to release to the players.

I think it'd be fun for everyone and very kreatyve.

Think we could do that?

(I'm Ditch67 on Twitch btw)

Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?