test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Developer Blog: Making the Demogorgon Environment

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Take a look at how we went about making the Demogorgon environment and have your first look at him here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9606803

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    What's with the garbage textures between the necks? O_o
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    ^ same question

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Methink Demogorgon is still a work in progress.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I thought Demogorgon looked like this: &
    Post edited by two30 on
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    And the dungeon? Rename the game to "heroic encounters and dragons". Yesterday I did the Demogorgon and seemed very simple once zerg fest and this time without the players knowing where to go ( just saw people running as if they were headless chickens). It would be comical if it were not tragic. Btw The idea is good about the mechanics of madness , but what is the real necessity to buy a new set that protects the madness if we have into the fray points where completely cure this debuff?
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Methink Demogorgon is still a work in progress.

Just googling around about it the mullets make no sense either. Shouldn't it be fur?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogorgon_(Dungeons_&_Dragons)

According to the wiki the heads are supposed to be from a Mandrill (some kind of monkey).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k26idR0QYAY

The one in the trailer (1:33) makes a lot more sense.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    morrowind69morrowind69 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    and one hit by these hands you will die like Japanese hentai .... :s
  • Options
    aleblainaleblain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    I've never liked big crowed HEs bursts or things like that... clic clic clic until the enemy die, alongside with a freeze or low fps like Tiamat or Heralds in WoD. I hope Demogorgon to be for fewer people and a more tactical thing. The best would be a hard fight as a dungeon's end boss... but I suppose that will not happen. So, at least, it would be nice something like a 10-man tactical HE, I think of Valindra kind of fight or Cover the Night HE. I don't know, I would just love a dungeon, 5, 8 or 10 people, but a dungeon... like almost everybody else! By the way, I like Demogorgon look.
  • Options
    commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    hquadros said:

And the dungeon? Rename the game to "heroic encounters and dragons". Yesterday I did the Demogorgon and seemed very simple once zerg fest and this time without the players knowing where to go

Is Demogorgon already on preview?

stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    hquadros said:

And the dungeon? Rename the game to "heroic encounters and dragons". Yesterday I did the Demogorgon and seemed very simple once zerg fest and this time without the players knowing where to go ( just saw people running as if they were headless chickens). It would be comical if it were not tragic. Btw The idea is good about the mechanics of madness , but what is the real necessity to buy a new set that protects the madness if we have into the fray points where completely cure this debuff?

how to test this?
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User

hquadros said:

And the dungeon? Rename the game to "heroic encounters and dragons". Yesterday I did the Demogorgon and seemed very simple once zerg fest and this time without the players knowing where to go

Is Demogorgon already on preview?

It is. One have to run some WOD HE's (yeap big surprise here lol) in order to get some mats to unlock the fight via campaign window (takes few secs).

Than it's all about getting to the fight and look it up.

Sadly it took ages to find a full group yesterday so I couldn't have a peek.
    Some folks said that's just another bigger fight aka. HE that can be ZERGed with a bit of coordination and strat.

Hope I will be able to check it out myself, soon.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    @hquadros care to elaborate?
    What do you mean by saying "we have into the fray points where completely cure this debuff?"

2). Yes. I am panzer!
  • Options
    guys yes just farm 150 faerz and craft the second key (epic demogorgon) after this make 2 parties (5man) and queue to demogorgon.
  • Options
    @kemi1984 better explaining : during the fight your character receives a debuff of madness when it reaches 24-30 (do not remember) their skills are locked and then to unlock them bushy look for a blue healing field that is on the floor and HE appearing randomly. is a real party meaningless players running as if they were headless chickens!
  • Options
    Wow cool, so after we're locked we need to get to the field in order to use our skills again?
    Uhmm...need to see it myself, but it sounds rather silly :)

Anyway, thanks for headsup!

2). Yes. I am panzer!
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,182 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Take a look at how we went about making the Demogorgon environment and have your first look at him here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9606803

Hmm I hope are will be really hellish looking place..
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================