test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would it be possible for someone at Cryptic to plz tell us when the PvP leaderboard will be fixed?

opalsunsopalsuns Member Posts: 124 Arc User
edited October 2015 in PvP Discussion
Or at least tell us if it's not broken, how does it work at defining the rank?

A lot of us would really appreciate some response on this.

Thanks.
CW SS
opalsuns
Paragon Gaming

Comments

• Options
    dreadkissdreadkiss Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    i def agree i dont know how i can win 10 games in row and drop further down leaderboards
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
    STREAMING NEVERWINTER DAILY 7:00PM -2:00AM TWITCH ID: MHHAVOC
    LOVE TAKING CHALLENGES COME FIND ME IN I.W.D.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015
    The Leaderboard for PvP uses an ELO rating system. I googled it and found an explanation on the Wiki, which may help clarify how you can win, but still drop further down:
    A player's Elo rating is represented by a number which increases or decreases based upon the outcome of games between rated players. After every game, the winning player takes points from the losing one. The difference between the ratings of the winner and loser determines the total number of points gained or lost after a game. In a series of games between a high-rated player and a low-rated player, the high-rated player is expected to score more wins. If the high-rated player wins, then only a few rating points will be taken from the low-rated player. However, if the lower rated player scores an upset win, many rating points will be transferred. The lower rated player will also gain a few points from the higher rated player in the event of a draw. This means that this rating system is self-correcting. A player whose rating is too low should, in the long run, do better than the rating system predicts, and thus gain rating points until the rating reflects their true playing strength.
    Therefore, if you do really well in your first few PvP matches, you start out with a fairly high rating. If you don't do so well in your next match, even if you win, you may end up moving down the board, because you didn't play as well as previous matches. Does this help anyone understand how it works? I think I got my explanation a bit wrong, but idk. It's 6:45 AM for me as I'm posting this, and I haven't had my coffee yet.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    skeld11skeld11 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

The Leaderboard for PvP uses an ELO rating system. I googled it and found an explanation on the Wiki, which may help clarify how you can win, but still drop further down:

A player's Elo rating is represented by a number which increases or decreases based upon the outcome of games between rated players. After every game, the winning player takes points from the losing one. The difference between the ratings of the winner and loser determines the total number of points gained or lost after a game. In a series of games between a high-rated player and a low-rated player, the high-rated player is expected to score more wins. If the high-rated player wins, then only a few rating points will be taken from the low-rated player. However, if the lower rated player scores an upset win, many rating points will be transferred. The lower rated player will also gain a few points from the higher rated player in the event of a draw. This means that this rating system is self-correcting. A player whose rating is too low should, in the long run, do better than the rating system predicts, and thus gain rating points until the rating reflects their true playing strength.
    Therefore, if you do really well in your first few PvP matches, you start out with a fairly high rating. If you don't do so well in your next match, even if you win, you may end up moving down the board, because you didn't play as well as previous matches. Does this help anyone understand how it works? I think I got my explanation a bit wrong, but idk. It's 6:45 AM for me as I'm posting this, and I haven't had my coffee yet.

In Mod 5 it seemed to work this way, but now it seems completely arbitrary. It's broken somehow.
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    skeld11 said:

kreatyve said:

In Mod 5 it seemed to work this way, but now it seems completely arbitrary. It's broken somehow.

Ok, I'll ask @strumslinger to see if a dev can take a look at it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    skeld11skeld11 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

skeld11 said:

kreatyve said:

Ok, I'll ask @strumslinger to see if a dev can take a look at it.

Thank you. I think many of us have noticed odd behavior, like winning a game and dropping from page 10 to page 150 (out of only 250 pages). I do think the PC people were complaining about the same thing, other than the NCL leaderboard which seemed to work better, so I'm not hopeful that it will change.

Is there any possibility of NCL happening for Xbox?

GWF
    -ASYLUM-
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I'll bring it up.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    dreadkissdreadkiss Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    sweet @strumslinger thank you
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
    STREAMING NEVERWINTER DAILY 7:00PM -2:00AM TWITCH ID: MHHAVOC
    LOVE TAKING CHALLENGES COME FIND ME IN I.W.D.
  • Options
    opalsunsopalsuns Member Posts: 124 Arc User

I'll bring it up.

Awesome.

Thank you sir!
    CW SS
    opalsuns
    Paragon Gaming

• Options
    yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I figured it was a factor of both the win and where you ended up on the list with your end game score from personal performance. For instance, your team may have won but you finished say 8th down the list in score, holding you back from ranking up. Or being on the team that loses the match yet you lead the lobby with the highest score therefore you didn't drop in rank much, or not at all for that matter. Unless it has been multiple loses in a row even if you did lead. That's how I saw it.
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • Options
    I literally just won a match and lead the lobby in score and my rank dropped down from Invincible Overlord Page 3 to Ultimate Tyrant? If that isn't broke then I don't know what is.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Prior to Mod 6 the leaderboard worked fine. Funnily enough the NCL leaderboard also worked as expected, they just never fixed this one.
  • Options
    arq0sarq0s Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    went 21-0 few days ago. won the game for my team. was first on list . went from page 102 to 356 . broken system ? i think so.
  • Options
    s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    instead of leaderboard b fix, i would suggest to do a random pvp team base on the gear score as sometimes i'm in a random team that have only a gs score of 500, regardless to say, they got 1 shotted like crazy.
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    From what I gather, if you do good against a great team you're going to jump up if you're not already up there. So if I'm in a pug group and I'm playing against, say.. a great team like Houdini and my team is destroyed but I do better than the rest of my team and I end up say 3rd in the lobby, then my rank is going to jump up substantially. Now the following match could be up against a very weak and even undermanned team and I may only get 3 kills before they stop playing and stand around the campfire until the match ends. Now being that they're a team with statistically weaker players I'm supposed to do better than the match I was in against Houdini-(Using as reference only). Now being that I wasn't because they stopped playing, I am penalized for it and my rank then drops substantially because of the lack of kills. Top of the lobby or not. It has happened to me more than once.
  • Options
    l1yevl1yev Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    I was randomly looking at the pvp stats and in the first 10 pages saw a person who only fought 1 single game ever and they lost it, got like 5 assists and 1 death n 1 kill, yet still was on like page 8 xD saw someone with a few more wins n kills no loses yet was beneath that guy.
  • Options
    azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    I was at page 1, played a PUG match, and won and dropped to page 2xx. haha.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    I sleep just fine at night on page who cares. Have fun, PvP is fun, and if your not having fun then why PvP :smile: regardless of a page telling how good you are to others no matter how broken the board is. You are as good as you play and the stats reflect that from the best to the worst of players.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    zman81420 said:

I sleep just fine at night on page who cares. Have fun, PvP is fun, and if your not having fun then why PvP :smile: regardless of a page telling how good you are to others no matter how broken the board is. You are as good as you play and the stats reflect that from the best to the worst of players.

I still think "Full Metal Witch" is a name better suited for a SW or CW. Yeah, I said it. :p

• Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    @yourenext2die

I will take that into deep consideration lol. If you have seen the movie Edge of Tomorrow you should get the reference and the name alteration due to profanity. Emily Blunt is a peach!
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options

I'll bring it up.

it is still not working...;x
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Still looking into this!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    nullvaluepointnullvaluepoint Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Why fix the leader board when the game isn't balanced? It's like asking for autocorrect on a toddler's iPad jibberish button mashing.
  • Options
    buffaloterrorbuffaloterror Member Posts: 5 New User
    > @strumslinger said:
    > I'll bring it up.

Tell him to fix the actuall PVP
  • Options
    kinda of agree. even if the leaderboards would be fixed. I still think the leaderboards would not be a reflection of pvp skills or people who really deserve to be up there. not when the pvp is resumed to run troll comps and unbalanced classes.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • Options
    nickjdowenickjdowe Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    Definitely not bragging, but on my GWF (70) I finish most matches in first place for kills and captures unless I run into a stacked premade which can happen to anyone who solo queues. I finish most games with double digit kills and single digit deaths, I have completed the Dom Campaign, always do my fighting on a node to make sure I'm always capturing or contesting, blah blah blah.... I'm on page 409 of 798. No one on my page even has a win. Last night I lost a blow out to a premade consisting of players from all the top PvP guilds but weren't exactly people from any of the "A" teams. I went 3-7 no one on my team had a kill and 1 quit 30 seconds into the match.... I'm now on page 203? There is no rhyme or reason to anything on that leaderboard.
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    It deffo is still broken, I was on page 10 then I won a game of Dom with 24 kills 3 deaths, I dropped 668 pages. I do not care what is in place to determine this it is just not right. I can win 5 games in a row and drop pages or lose a couple of games and go up a couple of pages.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe