test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stronghold Customization / Player Housing? Add furniture/ player housing spaces, etc

killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
edited September 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Two things I think severely lack in stronghold is the customization. Yeah each time you upgrade it you change the aesthetics of it a little bit but.

How about adding new things like furniture, structures and player housing?

So each stronghold is large enough both inside and outside so players can add SMALL player housings for guild members.

As for ideas for furnitures: players can buy and guild things like:
  1. teleport signs
  2. salvaging anvils
  3. stables (would be nice for players to put their alt mounts here max of 5 or 10?)
  4. auction houses
  5. cool structures like more statues, ponds, trees, fountains, lamps, light posts, fences, etc
Player housing:
Each player housing would have 1 stable for 1 alt mount to rest in.
Each player housing will have a small 10 bank storage chest (can use zen to buy 25 slots or shared)

These are just some ideas. Im sure it will go 10000% overlooked by the devs anyway lol

OPTION If they leave the guild, the house will be put up for sale for AD/gold or w/e in which the player can buy it from them (nothing retardedly overpriced) and they can then get the ad/gold even if they left the guild.

I'm sure cryptic and the players can come up with way better ideas. (and cryptic will monetize all their ideas)
Post edited by killergilnyc1 on

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    i was thinking about it, like hogwards and Hogsmeade with houses, little shops and nice things but well...we dont have anymore astral to spend so if its an additional, indeed nice, better be relatively cheap (maybe golds) and better be a little thing in a full of content mod.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    So the only way a player can get housing would be from being in a guild? I would think that the people in most need of a "place to call home" would be guildless players.
  • killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    no the only way to get a house wont be a in a guild. guild members can build houses in a guild but the game would set aside land for player housing so that players can get housing in designated areas throughout the game or the devs can make new spots on the map where players can build.

space will not be unlimited though so players can sell their housing areas if they choose to. there would have to be an upkeep so that people who quit or dont log in for months dont keep housing areas perma locked in use.
    Ahh, so guild members would get a guaranteed plot, but the non-guilded will have to land rush to get theirs. I still fail to see how thats fair.
  • banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    player house and guild customization is an easy money pit for cryptic, but seems like they rather add more items to force you to buy more bags or add even bigger and duller grinds to force you to buy shortcuts

housing could easily be done same way as stronghold - a little instance where you can build the house, they could even make a few possible locations so you can chose where you want your house. or they could add universal house entrance in guild zone/PE that allows everybody to access their own house(though this way you can customize outside of the house)

• instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    And it's not fair that I don't have an unlimited income because I refuse to bot.

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
    banaanc said:

player house and guild customization is an easy money pit for cryptic, but seems like they rather add more items to force you to buy more bags or add even bigger and duller grinds to force you to buy shortcuts

housing could easily be done same way as stronghold - a little instance where you can build the house, they could even make a few possible locations so you can chose where you want your house. or they could add universal house entrance in guild zone/PE that allows everybody to access their own house(though this way you can customize outside of the house)

And that would be perfect. Everyone, every player, can get equal access regardless of how they choose to play. There is no need to tie such a system to Strongholds at all. A simple second door that allows an alternate entrance on the stronghold map to save folks from having to go to PE is all that is needed.

No fuss, no land rush, no headaches. Simply another zen item to generate cash without any exclusions to the players who can make use of it. There is no need or benefit in over complicating it.
    edited September 2015

Ahh, so guild members would get a guaranteed plot, but the non-guilded will have to land rush to get theirs. I still fail to see how thats fair.

life isnt fair. you gonna QQ ppl work and spend money on the game too and you dont and cant get better items too?

its like VIP.. is it fair people pay for VIP and get bonus exp/ads/keys? there is no right answer to that.

or even if land is limited as said earlier, not everyone wants housing anyway.

I remember in Archeage, I wanted player housing so bad, after i paid for member to be able to get the land, it took me two whole weeks just to FIND land available to build on.. at that time I was already regretting spnding the rl money on member. Well I kept the housing for 2 months after that then sold it when I got bored of the game. SOOO not everyone wants land anyway...plus if people quit or dont log in for some time, the land will go vacant.

only thing is to limit it to one or two houses per account so 1 account cant hoard 10 housing slots, or w.e.
    Post edited by killergilnyc1 on
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User

And that would be perfect. Everyone, every player, can get equal access regardless of how they choose to play. There is no need to tie such a system to Strongholds at all. A simple second door that allows an alternate entrance on the stronghold map to save folks from having to go to PE is all that is needed.

No fuss, no land rush, no headaches. Simply another zen item to generate cash without any exclusions to the players who can make use of it. There is no need or benefit in over complicating it.

I would take this a step further. Just like with the Foundry, let anyone pick any door in the game to lead to their house.

If they want it in PE, great!

If they want it in their Stronghold, awesome!

If they want it out of a dwarven ruin at the top of Mt. Hotenow, or an abandoned cottage in Ebon Downs, why not!

In fact, I think the true value in the Foundry lies not in people creating custom quest content, but custom character content for themselves...housing being number 1. Next to that, let people design their own "home" area.

Why not? The only downside I can think of is Cryptic having to hire more people to help count all that money people would throw at them.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    ^

+1 exactly.
  • banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User

I would take this a step further. Just like with the Foundry, let anyone pick any door in the game to lead to their house.

If they want it in PE, great!

If they want it in their Stronghold, awesome!

If they want it out of a dwarven ruin at the top of Mt. Hotenow, or an abandoned cottage in Ebon Downs, why not!

In fact, I think the true value in the Foundry lies not in people creating custom quest content, but custom character content for themselves...housing being number 1. Next to that, let people design their own "home" area.

Why not? The only downside I can think of is Cryptic having to hire more people to help count all that money people would throw at them.
    that could pose a problem for foundries, or when they add new waypoints to map, i think it should be a set door, or waypoint(s) then the rest could be done foundry like

though it would be easier if it was a number of preset houses/themes you build upon, also would be easier to monetize them since they could sell styles, furniture etc. they could add a new profession for house stuff(but that would need to be resource based so the profession is valuable and there is no mass production)

it would be nice if there were contests for houses - if you register for them then other ppl can see your house from foundry like menu and vote

• klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    I agree and I'll add that this is all stuff that should be monetized on.
    Guilds being a collective effort is the perfect excuse to charge thousands of ZEN for them.