test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cats too expensive!

theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
I get it. The cat is priced precisely at the point where the cat's AD cost is equal to the zen cost of an Ioun Stone of Allure if the zen is at 500.

But, that's the upper bound for the cost of an ioun stone, and the purchaser of an ioun stone can get a Lesser Bonding Runestone for their troubles.

Shouldn't we be nicer to our feline friends? Since there's no "Wondrous Bazaar" coupons, why not reduce the price of cats by 20%? While the zen is 400 or higher, it's a better deal (ignoring the aforementioned runestone) to buy a cat. Otherwise, it's a better deal to buy the Ioun Stone (meaning no impact on the game economy, meaning what's the harm?)

Shouldn't we be nicer to our feline friends?

Comments

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

I get it. The cat is priced precisely at the point where the cat's AD cost is equal to the zen cost of an Ioun Stone of Allure if the zen is at 500.

But, that's the upper bound for the cost of an ioun stone, and the purchaser of an ioun stone can get a Lesser Bonding Runestone for their troubles.

Shouldn't we be nicer to our feline friends? Since there's no "Wondrous Bazaar" coupons, why not reduce the price of cats by 20%? While the zen is 400 or higher, it's a better deal (ignoring the aforementioned runestone) to buy a cat. Otherwise, it's a better deal to buy the Ioun Stone (meaning no impact on the game economy, meaning what's the harm?)

Shouldn't we be nicer to our feline friends?

Wut. Cat is 800,000. Ioun Stone of Allure is 1200 zen or 600,000 AD at 500. The 20% coupon makes it ~384,000 AD right now though. So Cat is pretty much never a better deal. Cat should probably be around 500,000 AD right now.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Did I misread? I thought the cat was 600,000 AD.

In any point, that just FURTHER proves my point of feline oppression!

Nope, I was right: Cat is 600,000
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    the cat also adds crit. not a 7% slow that doesnt work on half the mobs you'd want it to. other stones are significantly more. such as might, or black dragon.

not that i wouldnt mind a drop in cat prices. but allure is the bottom rung of bonuses
    Oh hey, totally forgot about Cat's Prowess.

Even so, KITTY KITTY KITTY!!!!
    dufisto said:

the cat also adds crit. not a 7% slow that doesnt work on half the mobs you'd want it to. other stones are significantly more. such as might, or black dragon.

not that i wouldnt mind a drop in cat prices. but allure is the bottom rung of bonuses

Sure but in comparison a Black Dragon stone is 2400/960,000 and you don't have to pay the epic upgrade cost. No matter how much they cut the upgrade costs cat will never be a good deal without a significant price decrease.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    edited September 2015
    Oh, I see.

The cost of cats is 800,000 on the preview shard. What? Why? This is moving in ENTIRELY the wrong direction!

Also, near as I can tell, the recovery/crit strike bonus is just the ability scores of the cat, in the same way even a 0 geared ioun stone will give ability bonuses.

Kitties need more love!
    bah, i've never bothered to upgrade a stone. it doesnt really make any difference. had multiple guildee's make the mistake of taking stones up to orange ( doesnt pass the extra 15%).
    personally i've stopped using stones on everyone but my tank. fast caster pets with g bonding give much better bonuses. on the tank its messes up the pull when i want to position mobs.
    edited September 2015
    dufisto said:

bah, i've never bothered to upgrade a stone. it doesnt really make any difference. had multiple guildee's make the mistake of taking stones up to orange ( doesnt pass the extra 15%).
    personally i've stopped using stones on everyone but my tank. fast caster pets with g bonding give much better bonuses. on the tank its messes up the pull when i want to position mobs.

1-1.75 million for the 15% with rank 7s on your companion equipment is still better than a rank 12 enchant.

Oh, I see.

The cost of cats is 800,000 on the preview shard. What? Why? This is moving in ENTIRELY the wrong direction!

Also, near as I can tell, the recovery/crit strike bonus is just the ability scores of the cat, in the same way even a 0 geared ioun stone will give ability bonuses.

Kitties need more love!

No, it's 800k on the live servers.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    edited September 2015
    urabask said:

dufisto said:

1-1.75 million for the 15% with rank 7s on your companion equipment is still better than a rank 12 enchant.
    except the stones/cat dont pass the extra 15% from legendary upgrades. it might be a bug. it might be intentional. either way it doesnt work.

and for 1.2 mil i can get 3x g bonding runes and get 150% of pet stats. which is better than 115% ( which doesnt work)
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    If you think getting a cat is expensive, try getting a girlfriend :O
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
    edited September 2015
    dufisto said:

urabask said:

dufisto said:

except the stones/cat dont pass the extra 15% from legendary upgrades. it might be a bug. it might be intentional. either way it doesnt work.

and for 1.2 mil i can get 3x g bonding runes and get 150% of pet stats. which is better than 115% ( which doesnt work)
    Really? Because I have a legendary Stone that it works on. It's not listed on summong bonus but it is on my character sheet.

IMO the bonding runestones+summoned companion will be worth it after the GMoP price change but it's too expensive before that. Also a bit dumb to compare that 1.7 million to bonding runestones because you'll want to get the legendary upgrade on your companion anyways.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    dufisto said:

The 15% bonus works for me. As mentioned it's only visible on the character sheet.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    800k is the base cat price.

VIP discount on the WB applies to all items.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Or upgrading one to legendary :p

On the subject of the cat companion, I got one, because I like cats.
    urabask said:

Also a bit dumb to compare that 1.7 million to bonding runestones because you'll want to get the legendary upgrade on your companion anyways.

how so? you dont need to upgrade the companion ( even though i do) as long as its green+, to unlock all the equip slots, to get the 150%. upgrading the companion will get you the 15% on top of it ( for 165%). as well as some light damage from the pet. so 400k per for 3 greater bondings ( i purchased a few the other day) < an upgraded ioun stone. it will be even more lobsided after the gmop change. when you can upgrade the bondings for alot less. the cost of pet accessories is identical (depending on your particular pet). and the chants slotted in those accessories wont change other than based on the gmop reqs.

as with most chants it caps out at perfect. for 195% which is far more expensive ( currently) than a stone. with only minor power/defense gains for going to r11/12

this then also frees up a companion slot for something with more class specific bonuses. like crit sev or +threat or an air archon....

regardless. cheaper cats = good.
  • mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    Cats rule, stones drool. Period
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I agree...the price of the cats is too darn high! :D

No one in Neverwinter should go without greater access to cats. It's just not right.

We need our top men on this immediately. Immediately. Immediately.

In all seriousness...yes, the Wondrous Bazaar price are very much out of sync and need an adjustment.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    icyphish said:

LOL. No argument there.

The price of everything is too high right now. I'd sit back and watch how this unfolded and not spend anything over what you can't make in 2-4 days.
    From what I'm reading, WB prices are going to get readjusted, at-least I hope.

If you're a VIP (or get keys), get a stone of might from the bar vendor. Ioun has def slots. Might is all offense and has 2 rings, 1 belt, so all 3 gear slots can have double enchantments. Ioun has a slow proc thingy that I've never seen work. Also a DC icon slot that's useless now.
    I never had a cat (or want one) so I don't know about them.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    deathbeez said:

If you're a VIP (or get keys), get a stone of might from the bar vendor. Ioun has def slots. Might is all offense and has 2 rings, 1 belt, so all 3 gear slots can have double enchantments. Ioun has a slow proc thingy that I've never seen work. Also a DC icon slot that's useless now.

Every augment can have dual slotted equipment in all slots. Loyal Avenger works just fine.

Not to pooh-pooh the Mighty stone. I have it on three of my characters, though I acquired them long before all the coal ward and tradebar nerfs.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    Also a DC icon slot that's useless now.
    Confused. You can still get an Icon companion gear.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I wasn't aware you can get a companion 2 slot icon. My assumptions were incorrect. I still prefer the might stone because of the all offense slots, but with this information, the ioun stone does seem more useful.
    HA! You're right, I totally forgot about my Rank 12 VIP that I got for some reason.

I agree...the price of the cats is too darn high! :D

No one in Neverwinter should go without greater access to cats. It's just not right.

We need our top men on this immediately. Immediately. Immediately.

In all seriousness...yes, the Wondrous Bazaar price are very much out of sync and need an adjustment.

I'd totally forgotten that I was benefitting from Wondrous Bazaar price cuts earlier, but I did do the math-they wanna make cats relatively evenly priced with Ioun Stones I imagine, and I guess they don't want to make people who spent 120 dollars!!!! on VIP be able to get a cat for virtually nothing.

But they should. I should get a free cat. I earned it. nyan nyan meow!
  • sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I say bring back the cats as currency...TBT er TBW (a day too early) :P
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • locksanpocketslocksanpockets Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    Slash the price 90%, or 80k for 1 and 800k for an account wide unlock.

It won't break the game.

They'll start flying off the shelves and become a far better AD sink than ever before.
  • ratjamratjam Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    The legendary bonus works on cat, eldricht bonus works too. Stop spreading bs.
    If an Ioun Stone costs 1200 zen, then at an exchange rate of 250 (supposedly the desired rate according to Cryptic) a cat, which is also an augment, should cost 300,000 AD. So, a 90% price reduction, probably not. But a 62.5% price reduction? Sounds good.

VIP packs get -25% off, but then again coupons give -20% off on Ioun Stones, so that evens out.
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    I don't think pussies should be as cheap as some stones, they're precious and should be treated with care. If everyone had one, I bet half of them wouldn't even take proper care of them.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)