test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Player Housing?

alabuckalabuck Member Posts: 23 Arc User
I've noticed in the stronghold map there is tons of room to add housing for guild members and was wondering if it was being considered in the near future?

Comments

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    I would hope housing would not be implemented in such a way that forces all players into a guild simply to make use of it.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    The personal housing in LotRo was permanent and was not associated with the guild hall. If you decided to leave a guild that house would go with you.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • tyria501tyria501 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    While Stronghold player housing might be an option, up until mod 6 we had the Foundry. Which can be used by anyone, including unguilded players. However, as nothing has been said about the foundry since mod 6 was put in and we already have a 7th mod put in. I would not be putting too much thought into player housing.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    tyria501 said:

However, as nothing has been said about the foundry since mod 6 was put in and we already have a 7th mod put in. I would not be putting too much thought into player housing.

Note true

Haha, gotta give me some time to sleep, guys. I just got in the office. Foundry will be up a few days after the Strongholds PvP release!

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Yeah, seeing as the Foundry gets as much love as a red-headed government mule, I wouldn't count on player housing this decade.
  • cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    Why have 31 flavors if you can't get vanilla right.
  • wolfbladeone2wolfbladeone2 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    this game just died today why would they even bother trying to adding housing
  • thraexisthraexis Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I would love to have a skyship for my character's personal living space.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    no, not to use strongholds for personal home.
    i would ask a different "anchor portal" to home zones in PE.
    base on how much it is affordable.
    tier 1 homes, 1-2 rooms
    tier 2 homes, 2-3 rooms
    tier 3 homes, 3-5 rooms
    tier 4 homes, estates (5-8 rooms)

these tiers would be in different section of PE base on locations, slum section would be 1-2 room homes, and then up to tier 4 in mansion section/elite homes.
    some of us want few armor stands that we have in bank, waiting for it, cool idea for personal decorations.

for strongholds, indoor section hadnt been open or developed yet, those would be reserved for trophies wing and grand dinning hall for decorations.