test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Questions About Stronghold Siege PvP!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
We're hosting a Play With the Devs event and streaming it at the same time tomorrow 9/10 at 5:30PM PDT. If you have any questions regarding the new PvP mode, ask them here and we'll be sure to answer them on stream! http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9543743

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    definitely. i really want to observe heroic dev team suffer tight loss with clash with absolute....
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Do we get cookies or ice cream for the ladies in our guild for participating with the devs? The ladies would not have any question if the cookies is good, and we would not have any question if the ladies have no question... how dare we!!!

so... cookies pls? :smiley:
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I have a question...

I would like to know if there is a vote-kick ability while in the SH PvP. I ask that because I was kicked from the match I was in last night. I was kicked for being AFK. I was not AFK, I could not move due to all of the lag I was encountering. I was killed while lagging all over the place and it took me a few minutes to respawn. Once I respawned... I was kicked within 30 minutes.

So here is my issue with that. The match was already won by my team... all that was left to do was the destruction of the Devs SH. Only 1/2 of the Dev's side was even being active. I could tell that because none of them had any points. I at least had points and was ranked in the middle of the page.

So was this a system kick or a vote-kick from by my fellow volunteers? A kick that seemed to be more vindictive than an effort to be productive.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    overall, we should be lucky if player kick ability stay, so we can kick all bots at the beginning of the every instance :p and hope that bots and afkers are not majority
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    From the patch notes for Stronghold PvP:

Stronghold Siege PvP

Gather your guild to compete against and alongside other guilds in this all new Guild versus Guild PvP queue! Earn rewards to purchase the new Lionsmane PvP centric armor set, construct towers to help fend off invaders and guild vouchers.

Gather Supplies from Pack Horses and Siege Engineers traversing the lanes. Capture all of the supply depots in each lane to unlock constructing catapults outside the enemies Stronghold to do damage over time. Earn favor of the red dragon Cerasinax to assault the enemy stronghold by defeating Golems (or other players carrying them) and returning the coins dropped back to your stronghold.

See the Travelling Wizard in your Guild’s Stronghold for an overview and tutorial on how the new queue plays. Requires characters level 60 or more who are in a guild.

I sincerely hope that it's just the tutorial that level 60s have access to and not the Stronghold PvP matches themselves. I cannot imagine how unbalanced a match with several level 60s (geared or not) on one side could be, but balance in PvP is already a disaster ...

I've faced level 60s in IWD PvP and they last about one hit and I am a long way from BiS. Somebody tell me this is just a poorly worded statement and the PvP matches themselves are level 70 only ... please?
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • overrated4overrated4 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hey wanna ask what happend with seal of truimph cant get it from PVP victory daily... anyone knows where to get it now? after the last patch..
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    Hey, wanna ask when alpha testing of SH module will end?
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Wanna ask if terrible lag during SH siege PvP will ever get fixed. Right now it's laggy to the point it's unplayable.
    Yes, the rubberbanding is BAD! Devs should starting playing their own maps from an external Internet connection to see it for themselves... :(

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • hoofithoofit Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    Lags bad though has got a tiny bit better and I found again dissabling the mission tacker takes another small bit of lag away. What is it about neverwinter mission tracker? is it alive.
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    Hi I am a xbox player, but I played on PC 2 years ago. is there a guide for stronghold. something I need to know before it is launched on xbox? like the upgrading, etc, should I start save gold or something in my guild bank? this sort of things. thank you.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    Yes.
    Change game. Eventually connect directly to Craptic servers. Other way, you'll not be able to play.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    "We did not intend to turn ACBs on for Domination PvP and they will be turned off in an upcoming build."
    "Domination is meant to be a different experience"

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9587123-a-note-on-active-companion-bonuses-in-pvp

We're going a good way,

I fully agree with that, the Domination pvp should they as a different experience!
    Now it's time to change the "Drain Overlords" enchantment,
    make it just usable for SH-PvP like ACB's.

For Domination PvP
    - No ACB's
    - No Drain's

And we are really going to reach
    a new experience opposite to SH-pvp.

<::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
    devs, I love SH, but we all know it is slowly dying on PC, what measures you will take to keep it from happening? new rewards? easier to rank it up? something please!
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
    add interesting rewards and ppl would swarm in :)

• pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    And no-lag or low-lag please. Make it playable.
    Add AD reward, improve stronghold rewards vouchers, and make Que adaptative for people queing. For example, the que priority is to have 20 v 20, but upon waiting for a certain time in Que, the Q could take 15 v 15 instead. If not 15 v 15, Q would take 10 v 10, and ultimately 5v5. This way the Siege would always be running.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • tomknoxtomknox Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    My opinion to SH Pvp = 2 % of all players with end EQ love it, 2 % try to survive without rewards at the end and 96 % of all players will never play it cause they haven t any chance. My wish ... Create a PvP system with fun for all, not only for 2 % !
  • vemor1vemor1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    No one play SH PVP. After mod 9, queue system completly killed PVP. In old system (mod8) all was fine. Many ppl play SH PVP. Now....... NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEV wake up !!!! We don't need new events... we need normal working queue system!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • puravidacrpuravidacr Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    vemor1 said:

No one play SH PVP. After mod 9, queue system completly killed PVP. In old system (mod8) all was fine. Many ppl play SH PVP. Now....... NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEV wake up !!!! We don't need new events... we need normal working queue system!!!!!!!!!!!!

2x