test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Avalanche

zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
edited September 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Please add a cooldown to Avalanche boon procs and/or stack builds. The boon is incredibly out of whack facing opponents esp. as an SW fury spec since fury proc stacks on the opponent Avalanche boon so rapidly. It overprocs and glitches too (2x and 3x procs are more common than single proc).

Here are some screenshots of ACT from a typical pvp match as SW fury. Avalanche procs very rapidly like often 20 or 30 times while fighting someone in less than 30 seconds, and in duplicate or triplicate. Also, SW fury procs horribly melts my teammates by proc'ing Avalanche also to the point that it can tilt a match. Often for teammates I fight around, their incoming damage charts show 20-60% of total damage taken in a match as Avalanche because of having an SW fury on their team.

http://i.imgur.com/p83981w.jpg
http://imgur.com/Y2zXTL6
http://imgur.com/UrJNGSJ
http://i.imgur.com/3dRlgyi.jpg

Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    I know for a fact that the devs are well aware of this issue - I don't know why they've chosen not to fix it...
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    kvet said:

I know for a fact that the devs are well aware of this issue - I don't know why they've chosen not to fix it...

My guess, they are extremely busy working on other issues.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

kvet said:

My guess, they are extremely busy working on other issues.
    My guess, seeing as we are guessing here, is that they don't care one bit about PVP as there are simply too many interactions between the many boons, enchantments, set bonuses and powers to get them all to work properly, so they just don't bother. This ofc leads to folks who know about these certain improper interactions to use them in unscrupulous ways to get an edge. Another thing that, just a guess here, Cryptic can't be bothered to do anything about. At this point the only thing that can be done to salvage PVP is to make it pure vanilla, no boons, no artifacts no silly legendary mount powers. Level the playing field and let skill and team composition determine who wins. Yea, I know, won't happen.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Definitely an issue that should be resolved, post hence.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    tyaukxtyaukx Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    totally agree, i cant even touch those with avalanche cuz they kill me without using a single power
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    I agree, alavanche needs to be reviewed as its giving SWs distinctive disadvantage in PvP. This boon alone would have made many SW players abandoned this class.
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    I have it and it does not seem to be that big of a deal.... I can't even tell it works at all

Really
  • Options
    hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    urlord283 said:

I have it and it does not seem to be that big of a deal.... I can't even tell it works at all

Really

It is generally the largest source of damage my character receives in PvP -- in fact the top three damage sources I receive, in order, are usually avalanche, elven ferocity, shadowtouched.
  • Options
    hedgebet said:

urlord283 said:

Really

It is generally the largest source of damage my character receives in PvP -- in fact the top three damage sources I receive, in order, are usually avalanche, elven ferocity, shadowtouched.
    Thanks...

How can you tell when it happens?

Urlord

• Options
    How can you tell? When your attacking an opponent and your HP bar melts off in large chunks while not being attacked, that's bullshitolanche. Can see the icon stacking incredibly fast and sometimes see the "Avalanche" floater.
    Someone post a video.

• Options
    eyceaethereyceaether Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Avalanche, Elven Ferocity and Shadowtouched need to be nerfed hard. Should honestly just be constant sources of damage from the last two, and Avalanche just needs an internal cooldown of .5-1 second per stack.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Elven ferocity/Shadowtouched are chicken pecks compared to what avalanche can do, don't compare that.

• Options
    Thanks

I guess it happens without my notice.

Without it I would be really bad

Urlord
  • Options
    hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    urlord283 said:

hedgebet said:

urlord283 said:

Really

Thanks...

How can you tell when it happens?

Urlord

Usually just from observation, such as I am attacking someone from behind and suddenly I lose chunks of hp and sometimes die if I don't stop in time. I have floaters and all things turned off and I often parse the fights and look at the logs later to determine particulars.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    Thanks for reporting we may have a fix for next week. The cause was leadership and you all making too many ads with dailies

XD
  • Options
    gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

Thanks for reporting we may have a fix for next week. The cause was leadership and you all making too many ads with dailies

XD

lmao

Well nerf cold shoulder while you are at it.
  • Options
    luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    This definitely doesn't look like it is working as intended. Remind me not to take my fury SW into PVP anytime soon.
    I hope this gets some attention. I used to have it but actually changed away from it.
    On another note - how do you get these awesome charts? It is fascinating stuff and I'd like to see the same data myself.
  • Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    luks707 said:

On another note - how do you get these awesome charts? It is fascinating stuff and I'd like to see the same data myself.

the program is called advanced combat tracker. have to download the neverwinter plugin script as well.
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I'm going to bump this for the devs to see.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger