test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Adjustments needed for major HE "No Sympathy"

bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
So I've been running the HEs in the Stronghold zone, and it's great to be able to bring so many people together to take them down. One thing that has been bugging me, however, is that the terrain that some HEs take place on don't provide a good enough contrast to allow you to properly see the red circles. This is especially bad on "No Sympathy", as the light grey stone that it takes place on makes seeing the red circles for the flame pillars particularly hard to see. I would like to suggest that the stone there be made into a much darker grey and/or that the glow/glare from the surrounding circle of fire be toned down as well.

The "Bickering Beholders" HE also has this, but to a much lower degree...
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums

Comments

• Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Agreed. The AoE is almost unviewable at times in both of these HEs.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    fenyxdrayvenfenyxdrayven Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Do you have your gamma unusually high to bleed out contrast ?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    Do you have your gamma unusually high to bleed out contrast ?

Not at all - I do not have problems seeing the red splotches in any other area of the game - it's just these 2 Stronghold HEs.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    I suffer from moderate color blindness so this is basically what I encounter everywhere. Now I can make adjustments but they tend to only work in one particular zone or area and not another.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    It's even worse when there is Pally, DC or CW "graffiti" on the ground...
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Those red flowers in bikering beholders///trolololol
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    If you are paying attention... you will see them. My guild has taken down all of the top tier HEs with 3 to 7 members... more than a few times. We have pretty much learned that everyone needs to keep moving unless we have a tank... which has been occasionally.

The flames surrounding the area for No Sympathy does tend to obscure the red... but otherwise it is plainly visible... if you are paying attention. The first couple times you will die a lot... then you will learn.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I'm mildly colour-blind also and had initial difficulty with it. I learnt to position myself well away from the flames, watch carefully and dodge every so often regardless of whether I could see the red circle of doom or not. I'm surprised it's the grey stones that bother you - that's where I spot the red circles best. When the background is greeny-olive and mottled I have no chance.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    The 'Red Spots of Death' show up when you have been standing still for too long.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    These guys are easy, just pay attention to animation. They go through a very predictable cycle, gets quite boring. With all the RNG in this game, you'd think they would add rng to attack sequence.