test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I can no longer play the game with Windows 10

klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
Every time I launch the game, it crashes.
AMD did not release graphic drivers for Windows 10 for my graphic card (ATI 4750).
Is there any way I could work around this issue, other than reverting back to Windows 7 or buying a new graphic card?

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    Do you know if AMD has plans to release a driver for that card? If the answer is that they have no plans of ever doing so, you will have to roll back to 7 or buy a new card.
  • luciedioluciedio Member Posts: 6 New User
    edited August 2015
    right click the neverwinter icon on your desktop, go to properties, click the compatibility tab and find the windows 7 compatibility settings from the drop down list of all available compatibilities. Also check the run with graphics processor settings to make sure its recognizing the card properly from your available options there. Also when updating to windows 10 the first launch of game you may have to toggle the proxy servers on in the launcher settings in order to get past the 2nd loading screen and into the game for the first time.

However if this just started occurring since yesterdays patch then your card is not the problem. Something in the patch has been causing havoc for tons of people including myself and I have all the windows 10 drivers and have tried all compatibility settings from windows 95 thru current and still haven't been able to get game to launch even with using the -d3d9 command line switch and patching and additional 7.5g of info.
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    I don't see the "run with graphics processor settings" checkbox anywhere in the compatibility menu.
  • luciedioluciedio Member Posts: 6 New User
    edited August 2015
    the graphics processor setting if available will be in the menu list when you right click the desktop icon. depending on your system setup it may or may not be there. Should be the 3 or 4th option in the popup menu
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    Run the game in safe mode and type in -d3d9 to the command line to launch the game. It will take a few minutes to load, and may become unresponsive for a minute or two, but be patient, you will eventually reach the character select screen
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    I was also crashing after clicking play on the launcher. Eventually I got it to work by:

1) Opening GamePrefs.Pref file (in /Neverwinter/localdata/) with Notepad and changing "FullScreen 0" to a "FullScreen 1" instead.
    2) Launch the game normally and let it crash again.
    3) Delete GamePrefs.Pref file completely.
    3) Launch the game normally and then re-set up my options in game (not manually in the file).

This may not work for everyone, as there's a few different crash issues going on right now.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    A new sticky has been made, please direct attention and replies to the following thread now. Thanks!
    Graphics Client Crash Issue
This discussion has been closed.