test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please put an end to chain-knocks

bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
edited July 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
I greatly enjoy being able to get on a team where things just mesh well, and the whole experience is fun. That is, until mechanics within the game conspire in such a way as to basically take control of the game away from me, and basically turn it into me watching a movie, with an inevitable bad ending.

Specifically, I am referring to the fight against Lostmauth. If you don't know, there are many attacks and environmental hazards that can knock you back. This, in and of itself, wouldn't be a problem, if such effects weren't frequently positioned so as to cause a chaining of such effects. Basically, there's a very good chance that, if you get hit by one of these, you'll be knocked into another hazard and get knocked yet again. Add to that things like the circling fireballs not displaying properly, (thus there's no way to dodge them), and a tricky fight turns into a frustrating one.

Here's my suggestion(s):

1. Fix the fireballs in eLoL - either adjust the graphics so they display reliably, or give them a constant red circle underneath, since those effects don't seem to suffer the same problem.

2. When knocked, apply a 2-3 second immunity from further knocks - make sure this immunity applies the moment you get knocked, as doing so after you recover would be pointless, (I often get knocked a 2nd time before my character can even stand back up).
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• gom8gom8 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    my fav, is when the falling spikes knock you down BEFORE the red circle appears and they fall.. i love getting knocked down and thinking wtf.. then the red circle appears, and a roof spike falls.. odd thing is it NEVER happens at the 50% mark.. just during the chaotic fight..
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Moving this to the Feedback subforum.

I also don't like these chain knock backs either!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • skitzopyroskitzopyro Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    My favorite is the wombo combo in Kessel Retreat. As I (CW) tank 2 Beholders and 2 Golems, I get knocked down by the golem into the Beholders AoE. While the other Beholder freezes me with his breath attack and if i'm really lucky get knocked down on to a lagged out Kessel Orb, that instantly kills me because it deals damage every second i'm on it instead of flying through me.

Dodge like a boss as much as I can or any combo of the above is a one hit KO.
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    Without chain attacks LOL is just hold down button.

Make the devs do it, if we don't have cloaktower team clown needs something.
  • skitzopyroskitzopyro Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    The worst thing about lostmauth is his aoe stun roar and then a falling rock can happen at the same time giving you pretty much an instant death. That is just bad programming there is nothing good or intelligent about having 2 skills like that overlap in an encounter. Everything else is just about a bad dodge but that is pure mechanic failure.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    skitzopyro wrote: »
    The worst thing about lostmauth is his aoe stun roar and then a falling rock can happen at the same time giving you pretty much an instant death. That is just bad programming there is nothing good or intelligent about having 2 skills like that overlap in an encounter. Everything else is just about a bad dodge but that is pure mechanic failure.

Perhaps a simple solution would simply be "when affected by any control effect, apply a 3 second immunity". I can't say for certain, but I get the impression that the fireballs, falling rocks, molten gold, and attacks from Lostmauth are separate "entities" as far as deciding which attacks and when, so trying to time them to there's no overlap would probably be too complicated.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Many of the chain hits seem to be caused by lag, e.g. flash of red, or even no red, before getting knocked down. Then other times, when you are already knocked down or stunned by roar, then immediately followed by a falling rock, this seems like intentional logic to "pile on" to the player.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    a 3 second immunity wouldnt help, if you are in the process of the orginal stun/daze ect.. and you get hit by a secondary red, the immunity frame isnt much help.

They shouldnt overlap red frames , thats the true issue, if your stunned one one, the boss shouldnt be able to enact a second red until first is used.

But, I dont think this is truly a huge issue, it may happen, from time to time.

I would rather see some DR issues flattened out.. tanks and tank types should have an advantage over cloth wearers.. but frankly right now.. its not, just nerfing cloth weares DR isnt enough, its that up close melee'ers are taking so much damage, almost no difference then a cloth wearer.

Of course players have found ways around that.. mostly alot to do with avoiding all damage, control and PAlly 100% immunity frames with AP cycle 100% uptime with DC abilities.

Remove that one skill from the game , and you would literally make 50% of all current t2s being done, not even being done at all..

It seems alot of times when you wipe in one of these, it gets back into line as to what it should be, so what exactly is the issue half the time? I dont know.. I just know there is one.