test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SONAR.Heuristic.132

karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
I crashed in Valindra Towers today and after the session as i shut down my Neverwinter i got an information from my Norton Security that the crypticerror.exe has a program in it called SONAR.Heuristic.132.
Norton does not trust it and shifted it in quarantine. It is the first time after a crash that something like this happend.

Is the program SONAR.Heuristic.132 in the crypticerror.exe allowed to be there?
Here the link of Norton: http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2015-061517-5721-99&tabid=2
plat.png
Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2015
    Sonar is something you need to report to the Firewall manufacturer or just wait until it builds its own database on the file. Norton's did the same thing last year for a few weeks and again earlier this year. That's the risk you take using Sonar detection systems. You often get more false positives than true positives, but the rare occasion it does actually block something it should have, it's usually a good thing it did.

If you're worried, delete the crypticerror.exe file completely, scan your pc and then let the launcher patch you a new one and you'll then be sure you got the file from Cryptic and it wasn't hijacked (highly unlikely).
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    Okay, thanks :)
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    karakla1 wrote: »
    Okay, thanks :)
    No problem. Basically, it's just alerting you of a program that, in this case, Symantec has little data on in its current version and probably was detecting its memory reading access as the crypticerror.exe was building its file to send Cryptic on your crash.

I usually leave Sonar on btw and just deal with these false positives as they come in.