test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: Cross-profession tasks

bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
So, we have a task in alchemy, to create unified elements, which are used in other professions. This got me thinking - what if there were more cross-profession tasks added, which had different benefits/effects.

Here's some ideas I had (specific bonuses omitted for further discussion):

Artificing: "Engraving" - you can engrave any main-hand item to improve its damage.

Alchemy: "Galvanizing" - you can galvanize any off-hand item to have it grant a slight crit severity bonus.

Leatherworking: "Improved soles" - you can customize a pair of footwear to add a discount in stamina usage.

Tailoring: "Padding" - you can add padding to any torso armor piece to add a slight degree of damage absorption.

Mailsmithing: "Improved clasp" - you can improve any neck item to grant a slight bonus to its stats.

Platesmithing: "Improved buckle" - you can improve any waist item to grant a slight bonus on incoming and outgoing healing.

Jewelcrafting: "Appraising" - you are able to appraise any item of blue quality or higher, improving its gold resale value or astral diamond salvage value.

Weaponsmithing: "Improved balance" - you are able to adjust any head item to improve the wearer's resistance to control effects, by a slight amount.

The concept is that all the professions will gain some utility toward items not just for the class(es) they'd normally make items for. The above are just ideas, and I am totally open to suggestions...
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums

Comments

• drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Not a bad idea...
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    More BiS stuff... no thanks :smirk:
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    more stupid and boring professions to grind, no thanks

this game has probably the worst profession system ive seen over 15+ years of mmorpgs(would explain in details, but not in the mood), if it needs anything its a complete rework, not forcing players to level more of those boring and badly designed professions
    Post edited by burkaanc on
    Paladin Master Race
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    burkaanc wrote: »
    more stupid and boring professions to grind, no thanks

this game has probably the worst profession system ive seen over 15+ years of mmorpgs(would explain in details, but not in the mood), if it needs anything its a complete rework, not forcing players to level more of those boring and badly designed professions

^ this