test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback Needed: Top Issues Currently in Neverwinter PC

Comments

• dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    edited February 2019

We need a mod that is focused on just cleaning up the old content and updating rewards. Past LV 70, outside the latest 2-3 (K-Team is questionable) mods all gear is garbage and can't even be salvaged now. This is a result of power creep. I would like to see item level tied to quality, aka, all epic = same item level, etc.

With the clean up mod, you could also intro a new class and then play it through the cleaned up lower campaigns.

Saying post level 70 gear is now "garbage" seems to me to only apply to those players who's characters have already reached level 70 and have already mined existing gear from repeating the same content over and over, not to new players or lower level players who have not yet reached level 70 or had the opportunity to run existing content multiple times.

So as far as "cleaning up the old content" or "updating rewards" is concerned, though that does make sense for some veteran players, again that does not seem to be a primary concern for new or pre-level 70 players.

So again I find myself asking: Why all the insistence on changing existing content, rewards, etc. instead of asking the developers to focus on producing new content, with different rewards for those who seem to be bored with existing content?

"New class"... it will happen when it happens (or not), but we've already heard from the developers that considerations for this have been put on the back burner for the time being.
    DD~
  • lordrhavinlordrhavin Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I second that the overall approch to needed_level is HAMSTER°. Remember the last level-increase (Elemental Evil), that almost obsoleted every single purple item?

How about this:

- Exept tools and potions, instead of giving items a needed level, give them a needed property (needs STR 16 etc.)
    - let all values (defense, armor penetration etc.) be scaled to the player level, not the needed_level.
    - let everyone find everything everywhere, just modify the odds by zone.

After all, why shouldnt a level 3 player find a ring that will be the best ring he'll ever get (he was very lucky)?

• pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    dionchi said:

We need a mod that is focused on just cleaning up the old content and updating rewards. Past LV 70, outside the latest 2-3 (K-Team is questionable) mods all gear is garbage and can't even be salvaged now. This is a result of power creep. I would like to see item level tied to quality, aka, all epic = same item level, etc.

With the clean up mod, you could also intro a new class and then play it through the cleaned up lower campaigns.

Saying post level 70 gear is now "garbage" seems to me to only apply to those players who's characters have already reached level 70 and have already mined existing gear from repeating the same content over and over, not to new players or lower level players who have not yet reached level 70 or had the opportunity to run existing content multiple times.

So as far as "cleaning up the old content" or "updating rewards" is concerned, though that does make sense for some veteran players, again that does not seem to be a primary concern for new or pre-level 70 players.

So again I find myself asking: Why all the insistence on changing existing content, rewards, etc. instead of asking the developers to focus on producing new content, with different rewards for those who seem to be bored with existing content?

"New class"... it will happen when it happens (or not), but we've already heard from the developers that considerations for this have been put on the back burner for the time being.
    When I level up a new toon I try to play it "independent" of my other toons and accounts so I do not dump gear and AD on it, I let the new toon acquire all they need on their own (I have account wide green mounts though).

So, as soon as you get to the black lake district the first thing you do is queue for the skirmish. That is 8000 AD there (more if you are VIP). You then go to the AD market and buy rare gear the rest of the time along with companions and such. Do this everyday for them. Now compare the gear given to you for rewards. I just turn the junk into RP.

The best per-70 gear you get is from EE but, again, you could skip that whole campaign and just buy the same power gear on AD. And if you are putting XP enchants in your utilities and mount and others and getting XP boosters you are flying through levels anyway. HoF help boost that and you get a rank 14 enchant.

Once you hit 70 and are doing your daily runs, why would you want any other gears or rings lower then what you get with Seals of the Brave? That includes ones from all the chests, even on epic runs.

So, yes, there are "cobwebs" in the game, mostly because of power creep and the ability to sell dropped items in the market.

• theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    dionchi said:

You know, one solution would be if finding specific pieces of gear could be turned into some kind of vendor on a 1 time only basis for some kind of unique currency. That way, just because basically every shirt/pants in the game is inferior to the Ilevel 500/510 crafted pants, you'd still have an incentive to get them once. Of course, since most of those are ALSO buyable on the AH, it just means everyone can automatically buy them up, so I guess this only works for bound gear.
  • dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    dionchi said:

I think you misunderstood what they were saying . They are not talking about "sub" level 70 gear. They were talking about all the old level 70 gear stuff that is obsolete at this point like the armor you get from strongholds . Or the armor from any of the other level 70 places . How many waste time farming well of dragon armor when they can get seal armor that blows it away.
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • lokigromrilbendlokigromrilbend Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Ok, Lets start by saying i don't get it.
    To me it feels like it is all an April Fools joke. With april being close it would be a good one, save from all the time and effort gone into it.

That being said, lets see, what's the point?

Character Balance.
    Ok i can understand that you want some sort of balance. but unless you go for one class and one race there will never be perfect balance. But when you stride to near perfect balance you might wanna lose the nerfing, and instead try and scale up the other classes, Yes it will be more work when it is just one class that is better then the rest. But less people will be upset.

Character variety.
    They say they want more of it. But as it is now there is basically a tight noose on what sort of char to play. With the now limited choice of powers to pick from. everyone will play the same sort of toon, ok you can pick the other build. but with the "new feats" you are limited then ever, especially if any of the class feats are for one power specifically you force people to take that power to be able to use a feat…

Boons.
    everyone is gonna pick the same thing. not much variety there at all. quircky things gone, more generic for the sake of balance.

I like to experiment with builds, do the oddball character, Like a 100% deflection Guardian fighter that does a little damage on deflecting (yes he was hard to kill but had a lot of trouble keeping agro, so not good for a tank)

All in all, i find this a Good april fools joke or a horrible mod 16.

If this Mod is gonna hit like it is now, i'll be quitting the game.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    all that changes to make all class as cookie cutter. no chance to be unique character.
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    wylonus said:

all that changes to make all class as cookie cutter. no chance to be unique character.

Not a lot of variety right now. All classes already cookie cutter. And more to the point, not all classes are equal right now.

The new classes will have a a fair few variations atm. In feats alone, there are 32 combinations. Not sure how people are saying all classes are cookie cutter.

Being Unique is an illusion. Making a unique character for "fun" does not make the game good. The old game has thousands of variations of feats and powers and so on. And 99% were never used because they were useless. While it might be fun for some people to be able to make useless characters, it doesn't add anything to the game.
  • anthaloreanthalore Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    In reference to the upcomming companion changes....
    I have used the dragon ioun stone for 2 years because of the benefits an ioun stone gives without bonding stones/enchantments. I get the benefit of gaining all the stats from the ioun stone based on the equipment and the other runestones and enchantments. For instance... my stone gives me 4000+ power, 3000+ defence, ETC. How will this change effect that?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Instead of the normal runestones slotted into the pet, you will have to use Bondings there. Bondings will no longer provide Power or Defense and have a 100% uptime. Additionally, pets may only equip Companion specific gear but types will no longer matter. Any pet gear will go on to any slot on the companion. Pet gear will no longer take Enchantments. Non bonding runestones will go into them. These changes are for all pets, augment or otherwise.

You will lose the stats on the runestones you have slotted in to the augment currently as those stones won't fit there. They can be used in the gear on the pet, however. You will likely therefore have less stats on the pet but you will get a higher percentage of the stats that are there, since you get the base 100% for the Augment and a further % based on the Bondings slotted into it. While this will probably be a nerf, it is the same nerf everyone gets. Augments gain a bit on summoned pets due to higher stats being granted, but on the other hand, summoned pets are doing a lot more damage in m16. You will however be able to slot what you want and rapidly switch between a summoned pet and the augment as you desire since the cost to remove bondings will be eliminated and the gear is universal.

Apart from the problem of lost investment in gear and enchants that will no longer work on pets, the companion changes are one of the most solid parts of mod 16 IMO. There is a nerf to stats, but that sort of nerf is present in most parts of the module.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    havlocke said:

wylonus said:

Not a lot of variety right now. All classes already cookie cutter. And more to the point, not all classes are equal right now.

The new classes will have a a fair few variations atm. In feats alone, there are 32 combinations. Not sure how people are saying all classes are cookie cutter.

Being Unique is an illusion. Making a unique character for "fun" does not make the game good. The old game has thousands of variations of feats and powers and so on. And 99% were never used because they were useless. While it might be fun for some people to be able to make useless characters, it doesn't add anything to the game.
    Bull.... I have 12 characters and they are all very varied and not even my main (17K) has 100% BiS because I play for pure fun. I use different gear for different looks and effects. I hold more than my own in any run and never once have seen anyone geared just like me. That is what makes it fun, having all my characters having their own look and feel. Making tweeks and different combos of gear and watching the difference it makes. And I am whale. So please don't pretend to speak for everyone.

The new system (mod 16) is a boring slog of at wills over and over peppered with dodges, and if you're lucky you can get in an encounter before the battle is over. Everyone is using the same exact spells/skills and mechanics. No thank you. I'm playing until Mod 16 goes up then hitting the road.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    anthalore said:

In reference to the upcomming companion changes....
    I have used the dragon ioun stone for 2 years because of the benefits an ioun stone gives without bonding stones/enchantments. I get the benefit of gaining all the stats from the ioun stone based on the equipment and the other runestones and enchantments. For instance... my stone gives me 4000+ power, 3000+ defence, ETC. How will this change effect that?

you will be able to exchange eldritch runestones for bondings.

havlocke said:

wylonus said:

Bull.... I have 12 characters and they are all very varied and not even my main (17K) has 100% BiS because I play for pure fun. I use different gear for different looks and effects. I hold more than my own in any run and never once have seen anyone geared just like me. That is what makes it fun, having all my characters having their own look and feel. Making tweeks and different combos of gear and watching the difference it makes. And I am whale. So please don't pretend to speak for everyone.

The new system (mod 16) is a boring slog of at wills over and over peppered with dodges, and if you're lucky you can get in an encounter before the battle is over. Everyone is using the same exact spells/skills and mechanics. No thank you. I'm playing until Mod 16 goes up then hitting the road.
    Not talking gear. What has gear got to do with anything. Of course your gear is going to be different, since that is something I might have no control over. I'm talking skills and powers. Like, I had assumed, everybody else here. I stand by my statement, most characters were already cookie cutter and the classes are definitely not equal.

Its great that you are having fun. Your 12 characters probably look like mine since I hardly have any bis on most of my toons. I've got a different weapon and armor enchant on ALL my toons for instance. But fun does not equal balance for the game.

I'm a whale too, and I was going to leave until I saw Mod 16. So they weren't going to do better than break even regardless of what they did I guess.
    my warlock at 11k item score, can defeat Bapomet in 1 min and few seconds, i am concern about seeing my warlock struggling to kill Bap in 5-10 mins when Mod 16 released, and it took my cleric in 4-5 mins and might seeing gone bad for +10 mins after Mod 16 with specific "healer vs dps" mode.

talk about boring long fights for less rewards.
    edited March 2019
    Lately I've been of the opinion that Neverwinter has become a little single player (solo) unfriendly...

But with the release of Mod 16 it appears to me Neverwinter is moving beyond "unfriendly", to very nearly openly hostile.

However that's just my preliminary assessment... hopefully I'm wrong.
    DD~
    wylonus said:

my warlock at 11k item score, can defeat Bapomet in 1 min and few seconds, i am concern about seeing my warlock struggling to kill Bap in 5-10 mins when Mod 16 released, and it took my cleric in 4-5 mins and might seeing gone bad for +10 mins after Mod 16 with specific "healer vs dps" mode.

talk about boring long fights for less rewards.

Ummm, you do realise that is the whole problem with the game that they are addressing right? Being able to kill Bosses and stuff in seconds. Long fights are not boring. Being required to actually think what to do and who to heal can actually be quite exciting.
    edited March 2019
    i prefer going in ready instead of "LFG" for 30 mins waiting for tanks or dps when the fight last for few mins.
    this new combat reboot for neverwinter cant hold candle or able to play like ESO's combat that is peerless because boss fights are unique each time, NWO's fight are purely "scripted" and repetitive, and often bugged in boss fights.
    you call that excited for longer drawn out fights? some players dont have time for longer fights, for what? low quality rewards? players got burned by RNG badly.

i have seen awful environmental glitch and we cant target some mobs or bosses when they get in the walls hitting us while we cant hit back, and the loots sometimes get out of reach, too high to jump to collect or lost to water or overboard during boat fights. to me, that is amateur and sloppy for devs. not professional in my opinion.

how many times do we get forced to reset House of croc while mobs spawn behind the walls unable to advance to next rooms and to the boss?
    I am sure many players get upset with One-Shotted by trash mobs and boss as soon mod 16 released, i get one shotted in test as 16k item score by level 73 trash mob. i doubt it get fix before Mod 16 date deadline, seem it will take them months to find a fix, or band-aided rush job.
    edited March 2019
    I watched a video of a new Mod 16 dungeon run on Youtube the other day and from start to finish the run lasted in excess of 30 minutes... the person who published the video had a character item level in excess to 20K by the way and I suspect most other party members had similar character item levels.

My first thought was "How many players, other than those who have completed every single quest and campaign in Neverwinter, are going to want to spend half-an-hour plus in a single dungeon run?".

I will grant that I too believe some changes needed to be made in the game to keep it relevant to a greater group of players – particularly existing players… but it seems to me despite some of the changes being implemented by Mod16, many of the underlying problems and inducements for some player complaints appear to remain.

After watching several minutes of the run and conflict was many of the drops, despite the increased difficulty level, were the same or similar to dungeon runs currently (a few coppers here and there, a single black pearl, etc.), as a part of that observation I noticed most of the players completely ignored a great many of the dropped items.

I also thought; obviously those players didn't need or desire, gold, refinement points, better gear, etc. since their primary focus seemed to be getting too the end for that reward - little different than it is presently with some players in our current content.

My final thought is if this new content is implemented as a random PUG run, there are going to be a lot of well equipped end game players running with players not so well equipped not end game players and many of the already stated "problems" and complaints will be carried over to Mod 16 - if not actually exacerbated.

We shall see… but that's my 2¢
    DD~
    wylonus said:

i prefer going in ready instead of "LFG" for 30 mins waiting for tanks or dps when the fight last for few mins.
    this new combat reboot for neverwinter cant hold candle or able to play like ESO's combat that is peerless because boss fights are unique each time, NWO's fight are purely "scripted" and repetitive, and often bugged in boss fights.
    you call that excited for longer drawn out fights? some players dont have time for longer fights, for what? low quality rewards? players got burned by RNG badly.

i have seen awful environmental glitch and we cant target some mobs or bosses when they get in the walls hitting us while we cant hit back, and the loots sometimes get out of reach, too high to jump to collect or lost to water or overboard during boat fights. to me, that is amateur and sloppy for devs. not professional in my opinion.

how many times do we get forced to reset House of croc while mobs spawn behind the walls unable to advance to next rooms and to the boss?
    I am sure many players get upset with One-Shotted by trash mobs and boss as soon mod 16 released, i get one shotted in test as 16k item score by level 73 trash mob. i doubt it get fix before Mod 16 date deadline, seem it will take them months to find a fix, or band-aided rush job.

The game's fights will be slower and longer. THAT IS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN. Adapt to it or leave it. I personally like the concept. You are welcome (and are completely within your rights) to dislike this. To even complain about it. But it's going to happen.

Bugs are a different issue. And you getting 1 shot by trash mobs is a bug. They've said that.

I've played ESO, I got no idea why you think its that much better with Boss fights. I thought it was ok, but certainly not that different from any other game.
    dionchi said:

I watched a video of a new Mod 16 dungeon run on Youtube the other day and from start to finish the run lasted in excess of 30 minutes... the person who published the video had a character item level in excess to 20K by the way and I suspect most other party members had similar character item levels.

My first thought was "How many players, other than those who have completed every single quest and campaign in Neverwinter, are going to want to spend half-an-hour plus in a single dungeon run?".

I will grant that I too believe some changes needed to be made in the game to keep it relevant to a greater group of players – particularly existing players… but it seems to me despite some of the changes being implemented by Mod16, many of the underlying problems and inducements for some player complaints appear to remain.

After watching several minutes of the run and conflict was many of the drops, despite the increased difficulty level, were the same or similar to dungeon runs currently (a few coppers here and there, a single black pearl, etc.), as a part of that observation I noticed most of the players completely ignored a great many of the dropped items.

I also thought; obviously those players didn't need or desire, gold, refinement points, better gear, etc. since their primary focus seemed to be getting too the end for that reward - little different than it is presently with some players in our current content.

My final thought is if this new content is implemented as a random PUG run, there are going to be a lot of well equipped end game players running with players not so well equipped not end game players and many of the already stated "problems" and complaints will be carried over to Mod 16 - if not actually exacerbated.

We shall see… but that's my 2¢

I think the issue here is what you think the Mod is trying to achieve. Firstly, its not here to make our life easier with bigger and better loot for less work. 30 minutes on a dungeon run is meant to be the norm in most MMOs, not 5 minutes or your money back. The current meta of killing Tiamat in 1 phase is NOT how the game is meant to work. Killing 12+ Dragons in a DR in Well of Dragons is NOT how they envisioned it when they designed the zone.

Players ignored the drops. This is preview. Of course they are going to ignore drops. On live, this might be different depending on how they've re-scaled all the gear.

In a random PUG run, the disparity in gear levels should (with a big grain of hope and salt) be softened with the Mod16 changes. That was one of the stated aims of Mod 16.

Of course, all these hopes and intentions could still land us in a buggy mess of doom. But we shall see.
  • razgrizravenrazgrizraven Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm just gonna leave this simple thing. You need to desperately rework the refinement system. Like, players think they're better off buying the things they need instead of refining everything.

I'm just gonna leave this simple thing. You need to desperately rework the refinement system. Like, players think they're better off buying the things they need instead of refining everything.

Reworking the refining system does not change this. Refining points are refining points. How people get them is entirely up to them. If they don't realise you get them by melting items, then they've skipped the tutorial that you get at about level 7.
    truth is, i was "EQ2 Raid Burnout". sick of long drawn out fights. i found NWO appear to be shorter fights and i like it and prefer that way. i am just concerning about longer fights that bores me and i have narcoslepsy. if the fight get too long and extended time, i would go to Elderscroll, fight is peerless and you can evade and kite with hit and run tactic and not get a hit from boss except if it used spell attacks or rooted.
    i play a tank, and use the shield to absorb damages, and didnt like the new changes, this would make me completely depends on healers to stay alive in order to keep others alive. one skill i hate the most, Knight's valor, that is deadly and fatal to take all that damages to my tank. it is one skill i still refuse to use and slot on combat bar.
    do those devs want group let tank die and go without tank keeping them alive? then mobs will target healer next. then it get wiped.
    wylonus said:

truth is, i was "EQ2 Raid Burnout". sick of long drawn out fights. i found NWO appear to be shorter fights and i like it and prefer that way. i am just concerning about longer fights that bores me and i have narcoslepsy. if the fight get too long and extended time, i would go to Elderscroll, fight is peerless and you can evade and kite with hit and run tactic and not get a hit from boss except if it used spell attacks or rooted.
    i play a tank, and use the shield to absorb damages, and didnt like the new changes, this would make me completely depends on healers to stay alive in order to keep others alive. one skill i hate the most, Knight's valor, that is deadly and fatal to take all that damages to my tank. it is one skill i still refuse to use and slot on combat bar.
    do those devs want group let tank die and go without tank keeping them alive? then mobs will target healer next. then it get wiped.

Its called teamwork.
    "teamwork" yes i know that, you didnt get it, i was a raid burnout.
    so that mean i got tired of long fights and often with scripted fights.

used to be fun doing the quests until old leader quit and when we got new leader took over, they made the raids priority and ran every night for 2-3 years.
    raids were becoming more focus, stressful, and repetitive.

i missed good old days of exploring and STO took out explorable cluster zones and got too lazy to fix bugs.
    Devs, please be aware of changes, and you really need to look up and check all "Demon Escaping", after mod 16, there will be lot of "fails"
    wylonus said:

"teamwork" yes i know that, you didnt get it, i was a raid burnout.
    so that mean i got tired of long fights and often with scripted fights.

used to be fun doing the quests until old leader quit and when we got new leader took over, they made the raids priority and ran every night for 2-3 years.
    raids were becoming more focus, stressful, and repetitive.

i missed good old days of exploring and STO took out explorable cluster zones and got too lazy to fix bugs.

If you are complaining about being a raid burnout thats a different matter. I can only tell what you are saying from reading what you actually said. And from that, it sounded like you were complaining that a tank that doesn't get healed would die and then the group would die and that this was somehow a bad idea to have in a game.
    wylonus said:

Devs, please be aware of changes, and you really need to look up and check all "Demon Escaping", after mod 16, there will be lot of "fails"

There are already more than a few fails on this since there are more than a few people who don't know how to either work together or read the mission requirements. I suspect Mod 16 will exacerbate this problem until people realise simply blowing things away is not always the solution.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User

3) Separate PVE and PVP skills

This had already been attempted in the past. It was terrible. It also requires having to carry two sets of gear, one for pvp and one for pve which is the premise that Cryptic also wanted to get a way from. They didn't want players to have to carry multiple sets of gear.

4) New dungeons are worthless, old dungeons were better when you could sell items, giving a point to farming them.
    Worthless? Are you sure about that? Mod 14 and 15 I sure did a lot of CR runs. CoDG was good to run each week for materials for exhalting weapons. This dungeon as long as we can continue to exhalt weapons will be used. Also run a lot of tong, a great place to farm enchanting stones. I also run DR dungeons for stones. I run daily every day, REQ, RAQ, RIQ and Leveling que for my rough ad. I know, I know, I know this isn't the efficient way to get rough ad. But I don't want to run demo over and over again. I like the challenge or the increased difficulty of REQ and RAQ to get my rough ad. So I would call this a value. If I was forced to only run demo, I would hate it. Its the play factor in this case. But I generally don't run dungeons for anything outside enchanting stones.

5) Players want THREE viable trees for each character rather than just one that is hands down better than the rest (Example: Sentinel/Instigator/Destroyer - Sentinel and Instigator are worthless paths, ALL should be made viable).
    Well the lnew redesign has gone one step further a way from this wish. Although options are good its the difficulty in getting aspects of the path balanced.

13) Shouldnt feel like I have to group up in order to do daily quests. bring back some guidance to new players or restrict campaign areas like you used to. Fresh lvl70s have no business in, for example, WoD and IWD. The lack of guidance only causes frustration across the board. Direct them as they are used to being directed and don't drop everything on their heads at once.
    I disagree with this 100%. I like being able to run through all the campaigns every day as a new level 70. It allows for quicker progress to get the boons. If I am having difficulty, I don't mind finding someone else to run the dailies with. After all aren't we playing a multiplayer game? Sometimes I think anti-social players who play MMOs think the game should be 100% soloable. Just plain silly.

14) It takes too many refinement points to rank artifact equipment up to purple, which is what people feel is required to play the game's content. The fact everything above that gets harder to obtain is logical.
    I've never had a problem getting refinement points. It has never been an issue for me and I have 8 characters, one of each class all level 70 and all but 1 has all the campaigns completed. Refinement points has never been an issue getting their gear upgraded. I think this argument is one coming from a lazy player who wants to circumvent the path that everyone has already taken.

I didn't go through the rest of that list because pretty much the rest of it was all just silly requests. Not worth the time and effort to point out how silly the requests are.
This discussion has been closed.