test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback Needed: Top Issues Currently in Neverwinter PC

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Alright, let's do this. First and foremost, please be respectful and give actual feedback. No trolling, no insults and no blaming anyone for anything. This is to be a professional medium of communication so that we know exactly what we should focus on. Feel free to echo each other; actually, please echo each other. If it's been said already, say it again.

Please do not list everything you want fixed; only the top three or so items. We need to be able to focus on something and barraging this thread with a gajillion things won't help. I'm sure you guys can understand that.

So here's a list of possible things you could give us feedback on:
  • Bugs - We get a lot of bug reports, many of which we immediately deliver to the developers, but many a time, only one person reports on it, which might explain it not getting fixed. The more people who care about a bug, the more pressing it will be.
  • Balance - Everyone has their own ideas and suggestions on how to balance a class. If you agree with a suggestion from a previous post, please echo it. Better yet, this one might benefit from being broad (i.e. Trickster Rogues in permastealth are overpowered instead of X skill needs to do X less damage because it interacts with X feat in X way.)
  • Specific Systems - Whether it's PvP, PvE, Performance, Foundry or even events, what aspect of the game needs the most attention. Keep this very high-level and broad, as well.

That's not a complete list, so feel free to add your own, but remember, act as if this information was going to be given to you if you were a dev, then multiply that by, well, a lot.

Go at it!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Thnx for this thread !
    In my eyes your grow much, from all community managers of NWO this is the best move ever.
    I hope you stay at NWO for at least 5 years or more :)

The most 2 major issue in this game is :smile:
    PVE: Mobs from elit -to critters deal huuuuuuge dmg in t1 to but in T2 those numbers can hit more then 200k hp away from a single blow .
    And our gear lvl dosnt matter anything even if we maxed out our defensive stats debuff our targets we are still getting one shoted .

T2 have zero reward after you have all your t2 elven set there is nothing worth to run and this is dungeon&dragon game where the fun begins with the dungeon but any mob can one shoot y and you dont get anything from it.
    (+ we miss the old dungeons)

Some way i hope those issues will get fixed soon cuz we are little bit boored in pve content.
    I think if those issues are fixed or balanced out lot of the old player will return and you can make this game much more fun .

Post edited by schweifer1982 on
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • rinne3rinne3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    First of all, the most annoying thing in this game is when u balance PVP and ruin at the same time PVE. So, maybe finally u can separate PVE skills and abilities from PVP skills and abilities? It would be great to see two paths, one for PVP and second for PVE.

The dungeons are useless now. The old dungeon system was much better. We can sell items from bosses. Then again runs will make sense...
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    First and foremost...

Give EVERY class 3 viable paths once they choose one of the 2 directions to follow. Many classes have been reduced to 2 to 4 builds that actually work. For example... fix SWs... I feel bad for them being at the top to be demoted to the bottom of the barrel. When this game was introduced each class had 3 distinct choices, until people started complaining about this and that. Do not allow the egos of the players influence the viability of a class.

What this allows for is adaptation... there are players that have learned how to handle fighting X class.

Secondly...

PvP OVERHAUL
    - Add a separate queue for groups and solo combatants entering ALL PvP matches. Especially for NCL purposes.
    - Fix the ranking system. Elo is NOT working here. It is meant for one on one, single-combat situations... not allowing for people who are part of set teams. When you are ranking everyone based on Elo... you are comparing apples and oranges and ranking them based on them both being fruit.
    - I suggest using total score, ave. final rank in matches, kills and assists as a basis for scoring. This way everyone will work harder for the end result.

Lastly... this is a 2 part issue. I say that because it was all from the same patch.

- Reduce the "XP needed to level" increases that were implemented a couple of weeks ago. I do not think increasing overload level to 1,000,000 instead of 700k, from before, would be out of the question. Multiplying the needed XP to hit each level by 255% is OFF and will drive people away.
    - remove the 50% HP increases that you delivered to all monsters.

I was going to add Bugs here... but we all know they need to be fixed before Strongholds comes out... or Strongholds will possibly fall apart with more bugs.

That is all for now... thank you for listening.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    Lastly... this is a 2 part issue. I say that because it was all from the same patch.

- Reduce the "XP needed to level" increases that were implemented a couple of weeks ago. I do not think increasing overload level to 1,000,000 instead of 700k, from before, would be out of the question.
    - remove the 50% increases that you delivered to all monsters.

I very, very, very strongly support these two points. Two immediate "rollbacks" that would definitely improve the game experience.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • peterbilodeaupeterbilodeau Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    1. Difficulty: ratchet all HP back down to reasonable levels. On both players and enemies. Potions are of little to no value when they can only give you back a love-tap of health and one-shots are still a problem. LS, Regen, Defense, all useless stats to a DPS. Tanks have had a Defense issue since day 0 of mod 6, which hasn't been fixed: they can't tank until they have four orange/teal artifacts with more HP on them. HP could be wiped off the gear (making the old stuff viable for more than one level) and make PC's realistic again - meanwhile, enemies need to have their insane HP pools cut down to reasonable levels. Quick fix: cut enemy HP by 50-75% , fix bugs and paragons, come back for mod 7 with HP corrected. Combat used to be quick and engaging, the HP pooling has made it harder for newcomers and boring for geared people.
    2. Paragons: Going with what I know, Combat HR and almost everything in SW are broken. The reason is the change to LS and Regen. These (and I'm sure others) were designed with the previous version of HP replenishment/quantities in mind, so now they are unplayable without the gear and refined artifacts/weapons you can only obtain after playing a long, long time. It strips away the customization and roleplaying aspect of this game - there is one, maybe two paragons per class currently viable at endgame. In cases where LS was part of a paragon tree, it should be changed to a percent of max HP and 100% proc rate. Survivability goes up, without having to immediately address the problem of vast HP pooling, nor roll back the otherwise acceptable changes to the LS and Regen stats.
    3. XP: This is a no brainer: just roll it back to where it was before the new guy took over. Seriously, just roll it back. Rewards, requirements, done. Leveling is a beast and overflow is a bad joke. Rewards for 60+ content are currently pretty awful, so barring players from leveling to slightly better rewards at 70 is just a bad idea. Barring level 70 players from flippant, low-value, RNG rewards is just demoralizing.
    Those are the top 3 I can see and I think they all have pretty straight-forward, hot fixes as well as the longer term fixes. I loved this game. I really, really, want to love it again.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

- Reduce the "XP needed to level" increases that were implemented a couple of weeks ago. I do not think increasing overload level to 1,000,000 instead of 700k, from before, would be out of the question.

I very, very, very strongly support these two points. Two immediate "rollbacks" that would definitely improve the game experience.

I agree. The patch notes saying that the XP changes were made to make playing the game "more rewarding" feel like you guys were actually laughing into our faces when you wrote that.

The monster HP increases are something I have mixed feelings on, but I do not think they are succeeding at bringing about the hoped-for game balance. This change has really thrown a wrench into the playstyle that was actually working for successful players (nuke the little guys before they nuke you). At best, it's not making fights unmanageable, but far more drawn out and tedious. At worst, it's actually tipping the scales against players who can no longer hang on long enough to wear their foes down.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • edge2500edge2500 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    1. Need more 'Open world' solo activities for post level 70. The current zone IWD etc., dailies take too long as a solo player. I get that we need group activities since this is an MMO (we have heroic encounters), but I don't want to have to group to do daily quests. It may not be so bad for DPS classes or ultra high ilevel people but for me, as an Oathbound Paladin @ ilvl 2000, it's taking a little over forever to kill, for example, those dire bear mobs... Ain't nobody got time for that!

2. Getting 'one shot killed' in instances, while in full tank gear/spec is not fun either. I can understand if your standing in red spots, but some mobs just look at you and kill you (even as a tank).

3. Takes far too many refinement points to rank up gear to purple. I understand getting legendary or whatever should take a lot of resources, but not just getting to purple.
    Oh yeah... one more thing... it is not hugely important... but it is highly annoying... fix the r7 enchants to increase more than 10 points higher than r6 enchants.

Basic r8 enchants (azure, dark, radiant and silver) sit at a 250 boost to stats; r5 enchants sit at 140; r6 enchants sit at 180; r7 enchants sit at 190.

A lousy 10 point increase for how much invested RP?

R8's can be fixed to coincide with the difference... so increase r7 to 220 or 230... which would be inline with the increase between the other previous levels. Then boost r8 enchants to be around 280 or 300.

This was clearly missed by the proof-readers and should be remedied since it does not show consistency and continuity of the standard.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    Top 3 by me (with reasons)

1. Stability.

You can have beatiful game and perfectly balanced. It wont matter when servers are lagging and players are getting constant DC's. (This inclues very annoying and balance breaking DC's in PvP)

2. Bugs

There's a lot of bugs which make very expensive items worthless or broken balance wise. It also affect various classes which can make them useless or OP. (For example, TR SoD is not fixed since mod6 started)

3. Lack of fun. Most of the recent changes (+50% HP to mobs and huge XP increase) were really not needed and on top of that it affect mostly new and casual players. Doing daily quest on new characters is a chore. You pretty much made huge wall between old and new players. These kind of changes should be aimed at old players and help new players catch up instead of placing them even more behind. If these things dont change, you will start losing casual players and discourage new ones, cause not many is insane enough to play 24/7 for 1 year just to get few power points and low lvl enchants.
    quspiv wrote: »

1. Stability.

You can have beatiful game and perfectly balanced. It wont matter when servers are lagging and players are getting constant DC's. (This inclues very annoying and balance breaking DC's in PvP)

Yes...
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • zetahatatezetahatate Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Very well, since you've opened this up again, I suppose I shall actually put some of my thoughts in a place that might do a little good. I'll admit that I don't know much about game design, but these are some nibbling things with me as of right now.

1: The 60-70... in general curve

There are two problems with this factor, and of course I'll state them both here. The first problem is that, while the areas aren't bad themselves, you're basically stuck there much longer than other leveling zones of the past. Whispering Caverns had just below 30 quests you had to do, whereas each of the new areas have 48 quests in them that are time gated. This causes the areas to feel much longer in of itself.

The second problem is the EXP curve itself, in that it does take a long time to level up.

While I'm mostly just bringing these up as a point, much like everyone else, I do still believe putting these areas more in line with the other ones might help out some. Each one having 10 vigilance quests you'd need to complete before moving on to the next sub area, adjust EXP for the monsters and quests as needed. Allow players to reach Lv. 69 or 70 by the time you end Spinward Rise. There isn't much else in these areas outside of leveling, much like most of the other leveling areas until more recently, so mostly just making these areas more on par with the other zones EXP wise might not be a bad idea.

2: Solo difficulty

I'm not advocating for a return to Mod 5 levels, but... as a non-damage Cleric, and I assume most other non-DPS classes, the monsters take an absurd pounding to the point where it's kind of boring to fight them. I'm fine with the damage, I suppose, but the health might be a bit high for the mobs in solo play.

And for now, I suppose I only have two points, though I suppose you could count the first point as two. Eh. I only particularly elaborated on the first one because of how jarring of a change it between 1-60 and 60-70.
    quspiv wrote: »

1. Stability.

2. Bugs

There's a lot of bugs which make very expensive items worthless or broken balance wise. It also affect various classes which can make them useless or OP. (For example, TR SoD is not fixed since mod6 started)

3. Lack of fun. Most of the recent changes (+50% HP to mobs and huge XP increase) were really not needed and on top of that it affect mostly new and casual players. Doing daily quest on new characters is a chore. You pretty much made huge wall between old and new players. These kind of changes should be aimed at old players and help new players catch up instead of placing them even more behind. If these things dont change, you will start losing casual players and discourage new ones, cause not many is insane enough to play 24/7 for 1 year just to get few power points and low lvl enchants.

Yes to all of this...
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    In no particular order, but all equally valid . . . .

1. Communication - for all the vaulted post Mod 6 Dev talk, it died off really quick. Regular, ideally weekly updates from at least the Lead Designer/Producer, that show an understanding of player concerns and that there is a cogent plan to address/assuage major game failings/designs.

2. Say NO - to any unrealistic goals given to the company. Mod 6 proved to be a profound failure that still has so many things wrong with it. If you know you cannot deliver a product that you as Devs would be proud of, then say so . . . which leads on to

3. Test Server - do not ask players for their feedback if most of it is ignored. A lot of the failings of Mod 6 were quite succinctly explained and blatantly ignored. The Paladin class for example, still has flaws noted from day one of it's release to Mimic.

While the necessity to add new content is necessary and welcome, but it should not be at the expense of already released modules. I hope strong leadership can help steer the game to a brighter future, but hope only lasts for so long.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • cronicidecronicide Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    drkbodhi--"Reduce the "XP needed to level" increases that were implemented a couple of weeks ago. I do not think increasing overload level to 1,000,000 instead of 700k, from before, would be out of the question. Multiplying the needed XP to hit each level by 255% is OFF and will drive people away.
    - remove the 50% HP increases that you delivered to all monsters".

this all the way! i just went to spinward rise at lvl 66 (required level to do quests) finished the entire questline and recieved 1 level. how do you finish an entire questline of the LAST area and gain one level?

^ did I mention i was also using azures for a 22.5% bonus on exp gain.

i would also like to add the fact that potions only healing 10k is kinda pointless for how long they recover and most monsters dealing that much in one blow. on average people have 70-80k hp (tanks 100-125). when we were lvl 60's 30k was great and we got about 8k hp from potions with less downtime... hmm how does this make sense/add up?
    Post edited by cronicide on
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    1. Every paragon path and class should have 3 viable/doable options running both PvE and PvP. At the moment they can up to level 70 but after that many paths are no longer viable or survivable in PvE (archery HR, temptation SW, Instigator GWF, etc), or they are just too slow doing anything (protector GF). This will add variety to the game.
    2. The damage done by monsters still needs to be toned down, that or defense needs to count more towards DR. So all classes can be closer to 30% DR, instead of the majority of CWs and SWs being closer to 10% at level 70.
    3. I also feel that the campaign zones need to be lowered 1 level on each other them. This will make them better to do.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2015
    For me, the most important things are the accuracy and delivery of "Realms Lore" and the viability of the Foundry. The prior of which this game satisfies me greatly. The latter however, I am left feeling neglected and abandoned.

Specific Systems - The Foundry:
    This was marketed as a selling point for the game yet after a few months into release, the Foundry has become more and more neglected and seemingly ignored. There are countless bugs that have been compiled and reported many times over, yet we see very little attention placed on the Foundry in regard to both bug fixing and making the system better over-all. A thread was made to gain feedback and in that regard, it has worked perfectly. Alas, we have seen no signs that any of that feedback as been taken into consideration.

There is no real reason for players to do quality foundry missions or even make them. The player rewards are worthless and only short 15-minute quests are considered for the daily. The authoring rewards are nice but are dampened for those who want to make longer quality missions due to the only real player rewards come from doing quick 15 minute missions for the daily.

This means players who make longer and very detailed quests are being stuck in the shadow of lesser quality and quicker missions. There is no incentive to do actually quality foundry content or missions longer than 15 minutes.

I ask, nay I beg, please give the Foundry the funding and attention it deserves as was conveyed early on that it would be a cornerstone of the game itself. If you're looking for a real money maker, you have it already: The Foundry. You just need to finish what you started with it.

Thank you for your time.
  • vampirecavyvampirecavy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    1. Certain feats/abilities -still- do not function as their tooltips say they should. TR's Shadow of Demise is a major, MAJOR example here. It worked fine in mod5, but in this mod, it's suddenly only applied by encounters, and only to a single target at a time. Either fix the abilities so they match the tooltip, or change the tooltip.

2. Potions, as they are, are useless. 8500 on the old cooldown was great when most people had ~33k at most. Now we're all pushing 85k or higher, and we get... 10,000, on a longer cooldown. I understand you don't want potions to be too powerful, but right now, they're useless. They need to be useful.

3. I appreciate, perhaps more than many do (GF was my first main back before mod 1), that you want tanks to be useful - hence, enemies hitting as hard as they do. However, when even the tank is getting 2-3 shot by enemies that aren't big or noticable and doing attacks that LOOK dinky and little, something's going wrong. The archer minions shouldn't be able to kill players nearly this fast, it just doesn't make any sense.
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

I "3rd" this motion. To include reducing the healing capabilities of some of the mobs to match our healing (about 10%) or just get rid of it all together. I have seen some trash mobs (Huntmen) heal for 60 to 80k hp.

I suggest you base the game on an average geared player say, someone with 80K HP, 10k Power, 3k Crit, 3k AP, 2k Recovery and make mobs comparable to that. Bosses excluded of course. IWD and WoD are still darn near a nightmare at an IL of 1900-2000 so, it would really help make the game fun to be able to do those maps once again.

Post edited by highlyunstable on
  • soliloquies75soliloquies75 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    For me, the game has stopped being fun. It's become one long grindfest, with little incentive to keep playing just a daily check in to pray and do professions.

I'm no expert on class balance, the mathematics of game design, item level etc - just a bog standard player who wants fun, playable content.
    1. Make the game fun again - less grind, less repetition and more variety.
    2. Make the game playable as a solo again. Went to IWD and got wiped out within seconds - mobs are over powered (they can one shot, heal for massive amounts and are near impossible to disrupt). Haven't even dared go back to WoD to try and get my final two boons.
    3. Better communication - weekly state of the game, chances like this to air opinions and letting the comunity know they are being listened too and aren't just banging their heads against a wall.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Difficulty
    Regular dungeons/foundries/skirmishes should be easy. Dread Ring and Sharandar should be eays too.
    Icewind Dale and Dread Ring should be brought to a normal level again.
    Epic dungeons/skirmishes should be hard, but doable.
    Overall, no more one-shot and dead player hits from any NPCs.

The testing of any difficulty changes should be made with a regular equiped character, and without any Dev/GM powers on it.
    - rare level 70 equipment
    - lesser armor/weapon enchantments
    - sigils from Vault of Nine quests also only on rare
    - rank 5-7 enchantments
    - common to rare companions also with only rare equipment and rank 5-7 enchantments in it

XP
    Either back to what it was before the change hit it, or offer a massive xp boost to invoking and ALL daily quests!

Bugs/Exploits
    The bug fixing should start with the classes, one at the time.
    Then continue to equipment department.
    Last but not least, anything "general".

And if there are changes to the classes, then at least be so fair to add a free respec token for everyone to the patch as well.

The feedback is here.
    Will a list be formed of it, and then send on its way to a Dev, or what is going to happen now?

Edit: One other thing, the forum is well moderated, but we really need some moderation ingame as well. I don't know, if it would be possible to give CMs also GMs rights ingame to keep the chat clean?
    The zone chat in PE has become toxic... and looking the other way is not allways the right thing to do. And reporting seems to have 0 impact at all.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Strum, many thanks for this opportunity!

Just off the top of my head,
    Bugs:
    Those which are graphics limiting/cause lag. Be it related to the environment (Malabog castle) or enchantments/boons (pretty sure there's something funky with negations)
    Bugs such as the TR capstone SoD. Is this a bug? If it is then it's gone uncorrected for too long. If it's not a bug and instead a deliberate move, then i think the community would appreciate accurate patch notes to represent this. Those of sound mind know that balancing everything can be a real pig, but players being in limbo over this rob the team of credibility.

Balance:
    There is something very wrong when a few enchants are no-brainer picks for dungeons or PvP in particular. This is not to say that they should be nerfed to the ground, but that the others are under-performing in a big way. I'd love to see variety in the enchants used.
    Just look at the seal vendor in PE. There you can acquire some shards for seals of the elements and others for seals of the protector. To me that feels like an expectation that some should outperform others. A 2 tiered system!
    Also, if you do re-balance them at some point, please remember that this is now Mod 6, with damage far in excess to that in mod 5. Any changes should appreciate this.

Over enthusiastic adjustments to powers/feats. Some of these adjustments have left whole paths/skills non viable, and i think this applies to most classes.

Systems:
    So many things! Ultimately I can distill it down to whether or not I feel rewarded for my time and effort in the game.
    I genuinely love this game, but even I'm starting to feel the boredom encroach.

When the overflow reward was introduced it actually felt rewarding! I picked up powerpoints (although not consistently), and felt that I could advance my characters in that way. Now, not only has the XP requirement for an overflow "reward" been increased unreasonably, but once achieved it is a massive anticlimax. It was expected that the reward be for running the content, but you've removed a lot of it and the rewards are on the whole pitiful.
    I would either revert the decision or at the very least include guaranteed and significant rewards for that amount of time invested.
    Events. I really, really enjoyed the NCL. The rewards for this were reasonable given the investment, and it felt like there was a goal to aim for. However, we all know that the function of the ELO is a compromise between matching and queue time. For an event such as this that is supposed to reward the individual, please invoke a single player and multiplayer queue system. As it is, I don't feel it gives an accurate reflection otherwise.
    Vouchers. Back to the reward theme. How did I feel when a daily during the event gave me a voucher for the Zen store? I'll tell you. It neither motivated me to spend time in the event or more importantly for the game, spend money in the Zen store. It's been said more than once that if prices were a shade lower in there, that you'd have more player buying zen. I feel this way!

Communication:
    Strum, I know that you're making an effort by opening this thread, and I really appreciate that fact. But, the fact of the matter is that communication beyond yourself feels barely existent.
    This was recognised following the release of Mod 6, but then what's been done about it? I'd rather not think that it was just paying lip service to the player base.
    More, and honest communication would help show otherwise.
    Post edited by sabre10 on
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Thanks for making this thread Strum. I think it's a great idea to start with.

My list of things that needs priority change is..

Warlock Class
    Damnation has alot of bugs, including an exploit that makes the soul puppet deal millions of damage per hit. I have recorded a 3.5million hit. Also, many feats in the tree do not work as intended, more details in my thread is required, will save the text clutter here.

Casting time are too slow, it hurts the class alot in pvp, in pve not as much. In PvP you end up trying to cast things sometimes people simply walk out of range before you're done casting, in increase in it is welcome.

Defensive and offensive abilities for warlocks are lower than other striker classes, less survival and less raw potential from the class (you wont notice in dungeons because everyone uses damnation and soul puppet makes up for it) How to make up for that? rework some of the class features (yellow slots) that arent useful at the moment, deadly curse dark ones blessing snuff out.. etc

Curse synergy, consuming curse is counter productive necause powers like dreadtheft automaticly lose the benefit from the curse 20% bonus damage. It also leads to ridiculous amounts of spamming curses in dungeons. The idea is that the curse stays on the monster until you switch or it dies and pwoers do not consume it, they synergyze with it.

Temptation is broken, literally not doing the intended role (Off healer at best, lack of buffs utilities does not make it a desirable dungeon support class)

PvP
    Roots affect players WHILE dodging in pvp. (any roots not just rangers, wizards icy ray included)

Pvp games are too long because some classes are so defensive you literally need 5 people to effectively kill them. Good paladins and DCs (Some GFs too) are so defensive they are impossible to kill, what happens in pvp is they stand on a node and contest it. Do this for all 3 nodes the game takes 5 hours and only ends when someone gets tired of it and gives up

Exp gains
    The change is terrible, it takes way too long to get to lv 70 now, not even mention a overflow reward, new players are at disadvantaghe because old players got it easily, it's not fair for everyone considering hte gap of how hard it is to get a power point now. I think medium hard + guaranteed power point is acceptable. Chance to really turns people off, it's like gambling and with bad luck it's demotivating. I'd rather work harder but have guaranteed rewards

Invocation
    First invoke of the day is bugged, still takes at least two times to complete it

Longer than I thought.. but thanks for reading :smiley:
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    T2 have zero reward after you have all your t2 elven set there is nothing worth to run (+ we miss the old dungeons)

THIS so much. I for one enjoy challenge of T2 and do not complain about difficulty (except of DR bug). They forced you to learn cooperation to protect each other and get knowledge of mechanics, lack of which caused multiple 1 shots in team. Thing that makes them boring is lack of reward. There is no thrill of "lets make 1 more run Im sure we'll get a great armor piece right now". There is no incentive in completing anything else than eToS, or bugged eCC, because there is no reward, nothing to earn AD on for future toon development. The challenge of T1/T2s was what brought me and my guild back to the game but the lack of rewards is what made us to temporarily abandon, to bigger or lesser degree, Neverwinter and move to another game waiting for changes. Make dungeons worth them (not in eLoL way - 0.1% chance for artifact, 99.9% chance for peridot), every dungeon should give you a gambled reward - some worse, some good, but you should always something you can call a reward - mod 2 system was great and in mod 6 you did something that is great as well - personal drops = no vote kicking when something good drops.

Second thing - Mixing PvP and PvE balance. Currently balancing PvP means breaking something in PvE and other way around. Since PvP community grows bigger (partially because PvE community shrank because of no content) and PvE is more challenging and needs some strong mechanics, compared to PvP (example: 5 BiS players in PvP will hit tank for less damage than single archer on eCC), so some skills have to work differently in PvP and PvE

Third thing - This doesnt affect me but I feel that changes made for mod 6 made newbie experience very unpleasent. I dont mean difficulty, but help system is very lacking.
    Post edited by wentris on
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    1. Make new, new rank 4 class abilities finally working.
    2. Remove vigilance quest mechanics for Elemental - replace it with normal quest chain.
    3. Separate PvE and PvP skills - damage, duration, scope. Let balance each class within their target player base.
    4. Bring back old dungeons for levels 21-59.
    5. No reason to make SHA,DR,IWD,TOD zones super boring/hard in solo mode except HE - they are for boon grind for new players and new characters. Lair quests may remain with group requirement. But solo fetch quests should be solo.

EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Thank you Strum for the chance to voice our opinions.
    All in all, I believe you will find the majority of players (not all, some will still gripe) want but a few changes to make this game fun and worth while playing again, AND worth putting money into.

1.) Reduce the amount of XP needed to level up
    2.) Rollback the 50% increase to critters HP
    3.) Reduce the damage done by critters just a bit more. 25%, 20%, 10 or 5%, OR allow Lifesteal and Regeneration to work again Pre Mod 6.
    4.) Bring back the missing Dungeons.
    5.) Look into the Lag in some of the maps, Dread Ring is a big one, the lag in there makes it impossible for some to survive. ( I play a TR with 85k HP, 16k Power, 7k AP, 5k Crit and 3k Defense and I can barely survive due to the lag, that is just wrong)
    6.) Look into Character issues and bugs. (I am sure there are a lot of players that can help you with that one.)

As each new mod comes into play, make THOSE areas, maps, game play harder/higher level mobs etc. so that we have time to progress into them.

Just a few thoughts.

Thank You
    Post edited by highlyunstable on
This discussion has been closed.