test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Lightfx.dll locked

orangebangorangebang Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
edited July 2015 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
As it tries to install the new patch, it says file could not be opened as the file is locked. Then it restarts it again. Please help. I was able to patch and install the preview server but not the main game.

Comments

• orangebangorangebang Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    I gave up waiting for help and just uninstalled. I reinstalled and it seems to be patching, I just hope it doesn't stop at the 70% mark like when I was just patching.
    It's back again. Don't tell me i have to reinstall again? Can someone please help?
  • thefooliestfoolthefooliestfool Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am getting the exact same thing as you, error 36 a file was locked that could not be open for writing. restarting 8...seconds. So rest assured it is not only you. But i have no idea how to fix it. So far whenever i look it up, i hit a dead end.
    Figured it out. Somehow when the game crashes, game.exe can't be closed, when I checked I had two game.exe running. I don't know why it didn't work before when I restarted the computer but now that I did, I noticed that it was already closed and the patch when through for that one file. Hope this helps. I basically get kicked out of pvp and can't log back on and what sucks is now I know the only solution is to restart the computer. Good luck.