test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Voice chat system issues

mahgnilligmahgnillig Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited July 2015 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
Does anyone else have problems using the in game voice chat? Sometimes I can hear people, sometimes I can't. Sometimes my voice chat indicates that there are no people in my chat group even though there are 3 players in the group who are all plugged in with mics on. It seems very buggy. Are there any tips or tricks I can use to make it so I don't have to sit there saying 'can you hear me now?' for 20 mins when I try to use it?

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    3 tips:
    and 3
    Yea the voice chat system is a mess. Horrible for people with weaker computers, slower hard drives and slower connections. Like some dungeons, the coding for the voice system is sloppy and can create a lot of latency in both the conversation as well as the game itself. Either of the 3 tips above will fix any issue you have with it.
    To be clear, those three steps magenubbie stated are most likely stated as "fixes" in a sarcastic or jaded sense. Those are third party voice applications, which each may have any number of issues of their own.

For example, I cannot run Teamspeak and Neverwinter at the same time unless I mute Neverwinter's in game sounds before loading Teamspeak. RaidCall works fine for me though with Neverwinter and Teamspeak works fine for me alongside ESO. I also know people who have similar issues just in reverse, where TS and NW work together for them but they cannot get RC to work properly with NW. Then I know many who have no issues at all with either of them. So yeah, results may vary and shouldn't be considered a "fix" but a replacement or addition.

As well, since you're playing with others who do use in-game voice chat, using a third party voice program will not help you unless those you play with also use said program.
    mahgnillig wrote: »
    Does anyone else have problems using the in game voice chat? Sometimes I can hear people, sometimes I can't. Sometimes my voice chat indicates that there are no people in my chat group even though there are 3 players in the group who are all plugged in with mics on. It seems very buggy. Are there any tips or tricks I can use to make it so I don't have to sit there saying 'can you hear me now?' for 20 mins when I try to use it?
    I suggest to contact Support and explain to them in detail the issues you're having.

• mahgnilligmahgnillig Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Haha, thanks Magenubbie, I suspected I may need a 3rd party solution ;)

In theory it should work... all of the participants have good computers, fast connections and new USB headsets, so technology wise we should be set. But if the voice chat in game really is that buggy we will switch to 3rd party. The main problem is that the voice chat doesn't seem to recognise that my group members are using headsets and fails to put us in a chat group (list of participants is empty). Boo :(