test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Someone please just shoot the server...

natriannanatrianna Member Posts: 67 Arc User
edited July 2015 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
Put the poor thing out of its misery. It clearly has contracted some incurable illness as that is the only reasonable explanation to the server instability that both DH and I have experienced this evening. So someone please put it out of its poor misery and just shoot it. I lost count on the number of times I had disconnects or lag in just the last 5 mins just trying to invoke and do crafts on 1 char
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    balthezar2balthezar2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Same thing here, can't even log in right now. Please, feed the poor hamster. :/
    Gateway is the same, either so slow can't do anything, or disconnect from server.
  • Options
    solerrosolerro Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    What they said... :neutral:
  • Options
    feileacan1967feileacan1967 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Managed to get on for about 2 mins before i was rubber banded badly and lagged out. Tried to reconnect and the launcher won't even finish loading. BTW for the techs I'm puget sound area on comcast.
  • Options
    lblackmoorlblackmoor Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Managed to get on for about 2 mins before i was rubber banded badly and lagged out. Tried to reconnect and the launcher won't even finish loading. BTW for the techs I'm puget sound area on comcast.

Same issue, same location, geographically speaking... Same provider too.

• Options
    oxskaoxska Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    same issues here
  • Options
    solerrosolerro Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Wife and I are located in Logan, Utah (84321)
    Provider is comcast
  • Options
    eversgreyeversgrey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    Same here. Huntsville, AL, Comcast.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Glad to know it's not just me. Been getting SNR for minutes at a time. Comcast, Philly area.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Hamster is hungreeee!!!
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    orion1001orion1001 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    I've been super laggy for the last 2 hours. Now I can't even connect to the server, and i have comcast high speed internet. All other websites and games work fine, except NW.
  • Options
    phactoryphactory Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Its not a connection with issue, or it is isn't an issue of bandwidth to their gateways. I was maintaining steady pings to all of the ingress points my box was connected to and was timing out. I have a feeling that the issues are internal networking or resource provisioning within the clusters.
  • Options
    gom8gom8 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    this is a comsucks issue, it is hurting both game AND gateway interface, thought it was my computer/network at first.. however i tried it on my verizon 4g and it worked fine (gateway)

*sigh* between comsucks and level 3 (a couple hops from neverwinter servers) comsucks seems to be letting the connection there go to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> often..

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited July 2015
    So to clarify, is everyone here having issues connecting using Comcast? Because that does seem to be the common issue. If that's where the problem lies I strongly urge each of you to call Comcast (I'm really sorry to recommend that) and ask them if they can help identify the issue. I don't think (my unofficial opinion) that PWE/Cryptic can help resolve it if it is indeed an issue with your ISP.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    oxskaoxska Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I may no longer be having a problem. It's too late to stay in long to test it for real so I guess I'll find out tomorrow after work if the issue is really gone. For the record, I too have Comcast.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    prettycelt wrote: »
    Calling them will do no good. Their customer service is as legendarily bad as their bandwidth throttling, in league with the Lucifer that is CogentCo. People thought the whole "net neutrality" thing and the FCC would save them, they were woefully misguided. Companies like Comcast just get a pass and an exemption while they pass the costs down the line. The only thing that will eventually get their attention is when they start losing customers and money in droves.

Yeah, you are probably right on that one. Only problem is that for many people, Comcast is their only solution for internet. :( I don't have Comcast, I have Time Warner, which is nearly as bad, but I don't really have much of a choice in my area either.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    greenkrickettgreenkrickett Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    kreatyve wrote: »
    So to clarify, is everyone here having issues connecting using Comcast? Because that does seem to be the common issue. If that's where the problem lies I strongly urge each of you to call Comcast (I'm really sorry to recommend that) and ask them if they can help identify the issue. I don't think (my unofficial opinion) that PWE/Cryptic can help resolve it if it is indeed an issue with your ISP.

I don't use Comcast (Ritter) and while I could connect it was laggy as heck and every time I went to character selection screen it dc'd me.

Fact is Cryptics servers are old and run down and they need to spend some money and buy new ones.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    you need to pressure your local municipalities to get fiber.

comcast wont help you. riot in the streets if you need to.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    Same with me.... I am trapped in Icewind Pass.... I have logged out several times and rebooted each time.

Everything else seems to be fine
  • Options
    This cleared up for me around midnight (CST) last night.. but even then once in awhile there would be hickup's while playing.. but it seemed like everyone was hit with it (not just a select few)..

It is hard to tell if this is a comcast issue or not, once thing i noticed is there is no clear "IP" posted for the neverwinter server (i can see them being unwilling to broadcast that around :) ), and i have been too lazy to look at my netstat's or my routers connection table to find it.. otherwise i would pingplot that to see where the fubar occurs..

and i 2nd/3rd/4th/5th (or what ever) everyone else saying calling comcast is pointless.. unless the issue is in your house.. they really won't do much (or can't do much) the people that work on the interconnects between comcast(s) network and others.. you never get to talk to those guys..
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    gom8 wrote: »
    This cleared up for me around midnight (CST) last night.. but even then once in awhile there would be hickup's while playing.. but it seemed like everyone was hit with it (not just a select few)..

It is hard to tell if this is a comcast issue or not, once thing i noticed is there is no clear "IP" posted for the neverwinter server (i can see them being unwilling to broadcast that around :) ), and i have been too lazy to look at my netstat's or my routers connection table to find it.. otherwise i would pingplot that to see where the fubar occurs..

and i 2nd/3rd/4th/5th (or what ever) everyone else saying calling comcast is pointless.. unless the issue is in your house.. they really won't do much (or can't do much) the people that work on the interconnects between comcast(s) network and others.. you never get to talk to those guys..

Have you looked in the bug reports section? Whole sticky devoted to tips on how to help diagnose lag and latency.

Anywho, the URL you're looking for is "patchserver.crypticstudios.com"

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    Have comcast here too. This is so annoying, couple weeks ago, around 9 pm EST, things would get annoying laggy. Then it seemed to clear up for a week or so. Tonight.. again, around 9:30 is when I started to see server hiccups. Server not responding.. tried relogging, no relief, arc website slow to load too. All my other internet functions were fine. Sigh, sounds like a complete cluster with comcast. At least I know it's not just me...
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    Have you looked in the bug reports section? Whole sticky devoted to tips on how to help diagnose lag and latency.

Anywho, the URL you're looking for is "patchserver.crypticstudios.com"

nice thanks! i don't THINK i have looked at that but, i googled some a month or 2 ago and found some threads, when i was having issues, but figured out it was between me and my gateway ip (1st hop) comcast still hasn't 100% fixed it.. and most frustrating they can SEE the issue via SNMP on my cable modem(hate using that word), but i can't access it to see for myself, just the simple html port 80 interface :)

i see that dns and the gateway.playneverwinter.com are the same route and most likely the same IP pool, that is what i had been pinging past few days to check.. i was getting a mixture of losing packets around hop 8 and 9.. between comcast and cognesto's interconnect.. and also a handful of unable to resolve the DNS name (which was a shock.. i use a personal DNS server + googles public ones as backup)

thanks for a good dns to ping to keep and eye on that link so i can tell if it is server side, client side or netlink issues (i just throw up a 5second ping plot on one of my hyper-v's to monitor it.. i have had one open to google.com and my gateway ip for a couple months now)

• Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    Still every night like clockwork, it's extremely frustrating. I don't know what else to do. The game is virtually unplayable apparently during Cogentco's peak night hours. The comcast portion of the routing seems alright.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Complain to people who can make a difference: The US Government.

The government gives tax breaks and incentives for internet service improvements. We finally had a major breakthrough with the battle for Net Neutrality and that battle at least in portion lead to the FCC imposing a $100M fine on AT&T for throttling "unlimited" network connection.

Cryptic can not fix cogentco. Your ISP can bother them but at the end of the day they are little better off than Cryptic. The best course of action is to appeal to government and the FCC. I don't know whether they are throttling network usage or if they are simply saturated but either way The 1996 Telecommunications Act or recent Net Neutrality Law should cause authorities to care that a company has consistently been a thorn in the side for this MMO and others.