test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeons

darwinsradiodarwinsradio Member Posts: 61 Arc User
are any of the old dungeons ever going to be re-opened or are we now left with the 3 that have been around since Mod 6? I prefer a dungeon crawl to the typical quests that are available but don't have much to do on that front since all the Dungeons went Poof.

Is there any word on when or even if they will ever be brought back?

Comments

• tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    They should be back by mod 10...
  • tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    magenubbie wrote: »
    tvcity wrote: »
    They should be back by mod 10...
    Charming..

The official statement is that they will be back after they have been reworked. When that will be and what priority it has over releasing new mods, nobody knows.
    I was being sarcastic mate
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Yes... please educate yourselves on the proper use of sarcasm. A bunch of us, including RevJim decided before this forum went live, that sarcasm will be expressed thusly... lol
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    This is something I really really want to return. I tell the devs every single week - Monday to be exact. There's definitely progress.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I'd love to be able to DO the dungeons again. :-/
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    They will eventually return whenever reworked.

So. Early. Brain needs more sleep. In other news, designing boss fights is one of the most gratifying things to do during my days.
    Post edited by j0shi82 on
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    This is something I really really want to return. I tell the devs every single week - Monday to be exact. There's definitely progress.

I hope they aren't stripping them down like they did with CC and ToS -- they took out all of the interesting, exploration parts and turned them into soulless runs to the chest. Dungeons should always invite exploration, and whoever did the existing three dungeons totally missed that point.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    yup dragon & dungeons with 3 dungeons funny (not)
  • gom8gom8 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    kinda crazy they have been gone so long.. if they re not back BEFORE they next mod that is quite... disappointing (translated as FREAKING INSANE!!)
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    Dungeons? More like rewards for doing them. How many of you regularly farm gwd? How many tos? And how many eCC and only because you can bug/skip every single boss there? How many of you stopped caring about dungeons once you completed your prot set?

You know what would happen if they brought all the old dungeons back, revamped to be challenging again, but left the rewarding system as it is? People would pick the easiest one (possibly bugged, so you wouldnt even bother about boss tactic/gear/cooperation) and farm it, completely ignoring 10 other dungeons they'd provide.

I think you should have a good incentive to complete all dungeons - armor sets from mod 2 was a perfect one, you had to visit almost all dungeons to get full set. That would force people to try to complete them. Im sure if there was a unique BiS item dropping only from GWD last boss/chest (BoE to make dreams come true) it would already bring A LOT of good to the game - people would whine that its hard, but instead of giving up since its not worth the effort, they would keep trying, because they'd want the reward, many of them would eventually succeed by learning their class/tactics (currently the knowledge is very poor, while pugging I see many people that have no idea how to use their toon effectively, doing only 30% of what they could do and blame "not being BiS") and that is what game NEEDS to keep players playing, imo.

In short - its not the amount of dungeons that matters, but rewards you can get from them. More dungeons is better but if you keep them unrewarding its like they havent existed
  • darwinsradiodarwinsradio Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I agree with what your saying wentris, but I would be happy to just get the dungeons back.

You cant have a D&D game without dungeons, and you have to have a reward mechanism in place that makes going to the dungeons worthwhile.
  • generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    Getting more refining points (especially Refining Stones) in the end chest would be a good start. I shouldn't be able to get more RP/hour from solo quests.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    I'd love to be able to DO the dungeons again. :-/

Go play on Xbox... ...or wait a year or three.
  • reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    I read on a previous news article they are fixing dungeons for Mod 6, so basically they might bring back old dungeons before mod7, cause basically low level characters right now have dungeon quests which are not able to be completed. All my friends and family have stopped playing and might return if old dungeon quests for low level characters are brought back.

Everyone I know does not like PVP for this game, so the Neverwinter Combat League is failure to launch for the game as it is currently. Do not know why they keep emphasising PVP for this game, it is primarily D&D adventure, more PVE then PVP is welcomed and expected.