test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Race(s)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If you look at various NPCs added in the last few mods, there are quite a few who seem to be gnomes. One of the wizards working with Neverember in the latest storyline, the gemcutter at the Stronghold, a number of professions artisans (though some are hard to say if they are gnome or halfling)
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • dadanddragons#6895 dadanddragons Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    I vote for Gnomes, because I like them and see them as one of the essential, core races. And, as much as I hate to say it, they have enough variants that PW could monetise the HAMSTER out of them selling different versions of them.
  • ultimaiikkkultimaiikkk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    This thread has been open since 2015 by a community moderator, so far no new race !
    why is it still open ? when u dont see any new race content !
    u should close it ... does dev have seen it !?
  • thefoxter#8234 thefoxter Member Posts: 4 Arc User
  • tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Personally, I'd love to see Hobgoblin, just so i could build my favorite character I played when I last played D&D back in the 90's, but Alhoon (renegade Mindflayers) would be a really fun addition to the game as well...
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    My one request is that they make race bonuses slottable. I'm so sick of seeing dragonborn everywhere. It's boring and hideous.
  • caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    To celebrate the announcement of Baldur's Gate 3, we need either playable Mind-Flayers... or "Wereflayers" if you like how that poor soldier was turned Werewolf-style into a Mind-Flayer.
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    not a wereflayer, he was infected and egg planted
  • theflamingblue#1168 theflamingblue Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Probably a race that shifts to the targeted enemy 's looks, but if it's a boss then a scaled down version :)
    i think this has nothing to do with d&d tho
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User

To celebrate the announcement of Baldur's Gate 3, we need either playable Mind-Flayers... or "Wereflayers" if you like how that poor soldier was turned Werewolf-style into a Mind-Flayer.

That was an illithid tadpole.
    https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Ceremorphosis

It's how they reproduce. Kind of like a xenomorph ("Alien") chest-burster, except they take over the whole body.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • oldwolf#7266 oldwolf Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Tabaxi, Dhampir, Vampire, hengeyokai, catfolk, otherwise if none of these shifter with the choice of what animal )a small selection at least)
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Looks like we get the Gith for a new race, I hope it's not paywalled.
  • isurk#9289 isurk Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    4 years.
    Your opinion is important.
    Winners - Gith.
    Good joke.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    where is Gigantor? see Lan the paladin.
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    No one may have asked for it but

don't look a Gith horse in the mouth.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    And the winner is: bpstuart!

+1

Personally, I would love to see the Gnomes and even the Svirf-whatchama-call-its I can never pronounce come back... or bring the Warforged into the game since the Undermountain has presented us with the Construct races of Undermountain. I can easily see a character made up to look like the Tin Man from the Wizard OZ as an amazing Great-Ax-wielding Barbarian <3.
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • luthor#3134 luthor Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    how about undead / vampires?
  • okkwahookkwaho Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    So how many year's are we going to wait to see some new races in the game? Like lets be real they dont need to be part of large updates and expansions. You could strait up do updates solely for the purpose of lanching the new races or classes you're planning on putting in the game.

It would actually be a very smooth idea to put a small team of developers on the task of doing exactly only that task of creating and balancing the classes and races. so there would seem like theres some movment in content in between the actual content patches. Keep the same team on just this project so they become familiar and get the process down to a well oiled machine they can steam roll mini content out for the game like a rabid beast pack.

Even if you have to pay to unlock the races they come out with to help found their little project. It'd be a great saticfaction to see new races and classes regularly coming out to broaden player choice. Lets be real, we're dungeons and dragons nerds. We like the many options available to match different play styles and having many options make the game play differently even when doing the same content over again, so its refreshing for the game experience an it doesn't go stale because of those options to mess around with.

I've personally invested between myself and my Ex-partners game account probably a few thousand dollars in the game on content packs when things come out. An I only return when new race or class options come back. cause the way you put together the limited campaign progressing system is just stale, there isnt enough content to keep you busy without limiting it. an without the extra play and build style options it gets dry like a church cracker. You give it the respect due for the clear love put into the content, but you take it holding back a funny expression on your face as it drys your mouth and the stale flavour sinks into a wet papery sludge on your tongue.

It might help with new content packs as well, Because there might be different mechanics to add into encounters that are made capable to compete with that aren't possible currently because of the new player mechanics and how they can stack with existing classes to make coupled combinations needed to progress. Elements of encounter that will add a new srtatigic element to higher level encounters rather than just min max for numbers.

I also think that limiting the classes to weapons that in traditional dungeons and dragons they wouldnt be limited too is just a poor way of handling equipment. Because you can allow much more different play styles just by simply allowing a paladin to use a two-handed weapon. Or a Fighter be allowed to dual wield swords or axes. Of course theres always going to be the proper maximum power builds for the job you wish to complete with the class used ... But the flavour of choice element allows players who aren't straight hardcore into it, a lighter crowd of the just for fun player base to get experience from your game and entice them to buy thing's from the store because they're having a much more saticfactory time enjoying the gameplay, So they'd be more likely to spend store money and keep that player base.

You have a wonderful game, It's a shame to watch it basically die like it did so soon after the launch, as a founder I got to witness alot of the games development. I've been pleased. surprised, excited, wowed, entrapped and down right disappointed. I would like to be a returning player to the game that doesn't decide to take long hiatuses because the game is captivating on a level where repeated content is something that isn't looked at as a chore rather a pleasant experience welcome to return too on a wide variety of character builds, even within the same character.

Please revive this game, I want to return with minitor barbarians (Great weapon fighters basically exactly that, so maybe a weapon master class that is actually more like a fighter than a rage machine, tab overgrowth skill is just a barbarian rage lets get real), Aasimar Paladins weilding sword and bored, or possibly even ... say dual weild, or say possibly, a two handed sword. With options for different build paths, Dps, healer tank hybrids. Like actual dungeons and dragons.

Like, if ddo updated their graphics and moved their combat to a similar combat system to what's used in neverwinter. This game would be crushed, an it'd be an absolute shame cause its still got serious potential it doesn't even HAMSTER know about apparently.
    Have, not hamster.
  • huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Aarakocra Changeling Shifter will never be added. Players won't get shapeshifting or flight so there isn't any point to even list them.

Warforged healing is a problem this game can't handle either, so doubtful they are going to be added either.

Gensai are really 4 subraces of the main Gensai, all with different abilities and looks. Again, doubt they'll do this, too much work.

• mikaleus#7208 mikaleus Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    faerun specific I’d like to see Gnomes or Firbolgs as racial options.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Is dryad already an option? Apparently we have Dryad NPCs in the game.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited August 2019

Is dryad already an option? Apparently we have Dryad NPCs in the game.

Dryads would be cool but the issue is they are tied to their trees and can only go so far from them. Thus they are basically stuck in that general area. According to the lore. They could do that one type of Dryad the hamadryad that does not have that limitation . But pretty much if they did this they would have be female only as there isn't male dryads. So yeah Dryads while cool. Woulldn't really work out. Now Gnomes on the other hand. Should totally be done wheree is mah explosive gunslinging setting self on fire Gnomes?
  • endeit#5197 endeit Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 2019
    xD
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I would like to see a race rebalance. We have fantastic races already... but some of them are almost never used because their bonus is simply not as good as others. It will say so in every guide and will be obvious to anyone upon close examination.

Example: Drow Elf

Power #1 Darkfire: When attacking a foe you have a 5% chance to apply Darkfire for 4 seconds. This effect reduces the target's defense by 2,000.

Power #2 Trance: Your have increased hit point regeneration out of combat.

For an end-gamer, Darkfire is useless because they will already have Armor Penetration that negates an enemy defense. Increased hit point regeneration is negligible but at least has some value. The problem is that half the races have a power that directly helps the player in combat, the other half of races do not.

Suggested Change:

Power #1 Darkfire: When attacking a foe you have a 5% chance to apply Darkfire for 4 seconds. This effect increases the damage a target receives by 1%. (this is a minimal buff, but will help the drow and all party members in most situations)

Power #2 Trance: Your have increased action point and hit point regeneration out of combat. (10 action points every 10 seconds recommended - this would only be 6% of the AP pool per minute. It would slightly increase front-end damage and preparedness when entering combat)
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    If they don't mind casting back to 4thE then the Revenant race would be fun, could have cool quests relating to unfinished business from your past life.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • amarylliscandyamarylliscandy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    At this time I can only think of 3 races that could possibly be a sensible choice.
    That would be the Gnome, Tabaxi if they wished to bring some variety into playable races, or the Aasimar. (However maybe I have overlooked a possible issue with one of these.)

I would LOVE to see the Changeling or Shifter races but as lovely as these ideas are, I do not think it would be a wise choice at this time. Choosing to add a Shifter or Changeling to the game could be a bad move.
    This idea would be best if taken on at a time when the devs feel they could really tackle the project to make sure they really pull it off. Otherwise it could end up a little lacking/limited and that may not go over well. We also have a mod dropping soon. It would be wise to consider this and how the mod goes as well as previous issues. When really thinking on it there is still much work to be done.

If they do choose to add a race to this game at some point, any current issues/the workload/time, should be considered when choosing that race. In the end it would be better to choose something they are sure they can pull off well, rather then chancing a more challenging but well loved race.

|🌙|

For real, PLEASE MAKE AASIMAR! I WILL HAMSTER PERSONALLY FOUND THE PROJECT DEAR CELESTIALS !

Honestly, You;'ve taken so much away from any character growth by removing the feat system, A staple in any D&D game, An by removing the absolute AMAZING spreadsheet of powers.

You keep letting me down, each major update since my Founders pack Beta enrollment. Could you just, once, do something cool since the ranger and the warlock?

GIVE US AASIMAR RACE, PLEEEASE. I have been looking forward to this race coming out, an I have been sadly disappointed every update.

Why on earth is freggin DDO pulling in more money than you guys, You have all the means for a superior game.

could you at at the least, ignoring every other aspect of a dungeons and dragons experience, Give us the races and classes we desire to play?

Like common man. DDO Pumps out content more than you guys. Aasimar, Aasimar, AASIMAR! lmao