test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NCL PVP EVENT TOTALLY RUINED

tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvP Discussion
Well, the idea itself is really good, really.

The idea of the "tournament", the leaderbord by class, the price that a player can reach doing pvp during the event, good, i like it.
Hope that it will became a monthly event, for me is funny.

And this is the positive part of my feedback.

The negative part:
First of launch an event like this, is not better correct some kind of bug, like the Whell of Element, avaible for everyone , with his double bug? ( piercing damage with one of the proc and the possibility to take all the 4 proc if used near to ....)

Basically, u have gived to the "top" pvp player the possibility to farm and farm and farm and farm the event using aways the WOE, is incredible.

Is incredible see 5 ppl casting in sequence their WOE and oneshot other ppl, where is the fun?
Dont understand how someone can call himself good with a class if then the only way that he have for win is abusing the bug present in game.

Well, in the end, good idea, bad implementation.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• MisfitsMisfits Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    iirc, if u get buffed by WoE you get a debuff where u can't be buffed by it again for some time. I;m not sure if it can be debuffed though.
    Let justice be done, though the heavens fall.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    *lying on the ground and spitting blood* How can you be so powerfull?!
    By the power of Mastercard! *kick him in the ground*
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    to be fair its not only about mastercard. i know players with leadership armies, who has bis characters too. you even dont need card
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    I think the event brought a lot of new folks into the game and it seemed to work

That said

It would have been nice to see better rewards.

The top 40 got something but the rest only got points which could be applied to armor.

The bad thing is the random nature of the purchase lead to a great deal of waste

Urlord
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Dont forget you can spend 10 tokens for 2000 glory, which means if you turn 100 token in, you get approximately 20000 glory, as long as you have the pvp token with that, you can basically choose your own PvP armor! (then you can upgrade it with 2xunified elements and so), but this way, it ensures you always get the piece you want, not just luck! :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    icyphish wrote: »
    Dont forget you can spend 10 tokens for 2000 glory, which means if you turn 100 token in, you get approximately 20000 glory, as long as you have the pvp token with that, you can basically choose your own PvP armor! (then you can upgrade it with 2xunified elements and so), but this way, it ensures you always get the piece you want, not just luck! :)

so what level of blackice do you need to have?

• icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Level 5 Black Ice, and it takes 2 Unified Elements for each upgrade, you can also upgrade your PvE gears from there too, pretty neat! :D
    urlord283 wrote: »
    icyphish wrote: »

so what level of blackice do you need to have?

icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    NCL really needs to have 2 separate queues. One for solo, one for group. This would make the matches much more balanced. Premade vs PUG is unbalanced.