test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone taking advantage of the companion promo?

bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
I was re-reading the page about the companion promotion that's going on until the 22nd, and noticed it said they were account-wide unlocks. Is anyone taking advantage of this? Does this seem like a good value to you? Can anyone confirm that they are, indeed, account wide?

Link: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9132813-neverwinter:-bonus-companion-rewards!

PS: Anyone know how to change the font color under these new forums?
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums

Comments

• Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I collect companions but i will skipp this. I have no Zen ready and it will take quite some time till i get my AD changed to Zen and to purge so much money in this game for an green account wide companion is too expensive. We got in the past green Promo Companions for free.
    BUT if you would buy some of the listed Zen-Stuff anyway and has the Zen ready then to buy some extra wouldn't hurt because you could sell it on the AH and get a bit of your AD back into the account or use stuff like the bag for yourself, because storage capacity is important.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    These companions are pretty bad tbh.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    quspiv wrote: »
    These companions are pretty bad tbh.

The active bonus on the scorpion blows lol , 3% chance to poison the enemy doing 10 damage per players level XD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    I will, as I have the ZEN, and, yeah, Account wide it says. Otherwise i wouldn't be interested. Also, I'm running short on Coal wards anyway, and those are on the qualifying purchase list. So I guess I'll buy ten instead of the five I planned on. Eventually they'll come handy.

Also I'm an arachnophile and hence scorpion + spider account wide - yaaaaaaay!!! Lastly, The Scorpions are from here and our ice hockey team took that name, too :^D

For safety's sake I'll make a few dozen of screenshots, though. But this is coming from the verge of paranoia - so far the promo events I participated in always went OK.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    The Death Slaad looks very interesting to me...I'll probably pick up five C-Wards just to check it out
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    Well, I took the plunge and bought some coal-wards. We'll see how bad my buyer's remorse is later... :*
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Buy cwards, sell cwards, end up with more AD in the end. I'm failing to see the downside, and am only disappointed I didn't have 5k more zen to spend to get all 3 (only had 5800 zen when the promo hit and my request for 5k more didn't get filled in time.
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Is anyone taking advantage of this?

Yes, because the companions are for free if you have the ZEN thanks to the backlog.

Buy 10 Coalescent Wards and sell them for 550k+ each. Done. Other items might also sell right at or even above the 500 ZAX.

They will be going out at the 25th, so I can't tell you whether they are account unlocks. But I don't see a reason why they shouldn't.