test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Perfect DPS Marksman build

nicolablacknicolablack Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Marksman Discussion
So can someone tell me what a perfect marksman DPS build could be? Here's my talent tree so far:http://fwcalc.com/dwarf-marksman/#WsA7U7GZ7p3j3aSbPkP02T0BTh-W-W- Please tell me what I'm doing wrong, what I could do better. :)
Post edited by nicolablack on

Comments

• ILikeBigGu - IllyfueILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What are you looking for here?

Solo'ing wbs without heal? since it's points on soulforce return and relaxation.

(aggro-race aka against KS) Soul is better, also in terms of soloing bosses as it can selfheal alot more if you find relaxation runes to add into it (it regs alot more bullets than the rest aswell sheilds) otherwise precision is better - quicker, aswell more of a teamplayer.

This thread is discussing this pretty much:
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=521821&page=4

Your link is missing 19 points so not certain where they are supposed to go.

The tree i'd use:
    35d41n4.png

and aim for some of these runes: (with swift penetration, master sniper #1 prio, try collect others as you go)
    Swift penetration *5
    Master sniper
    Encourage
    Aimed shot
    Sharpnel *4
    Soul guidance *4
    Solid shot
    Soul preservation
    Weakpoint tag

These two at other side (dyos) while nyos fuel bonus from penetrating shot, you just have to buff every 50min..
    motivate *4
    Contact *4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
  • nicolablacknicolablack Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thank you so much for your advice! I wasn't sure what that other thread was for. I didn't have the extra points because I'm only lvl 71. I see there are a only a few differences, but they must make a difference. :) Thanks again.
  • Isock - EyrdaIsock - Eyrda Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    http://fwcalc.com/dwarf-marksman/#CvAgApsZ7Z3ZSaabab20mTmB6thJJJJ-Ws-W-

i have never seen the point in putting talents into burst, but might just be me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ILikeBigGu - IllyfueILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    http://fwcalc.com/dwarf-marksman/#CvAgApsZ7Z3ZSaabab20mTmB6thJJJJ-Ws-W-

i have never seen the point in putting talents into burst, but might just be me

Because you get steady ~10 crit chance bonus (if high fervor, forgot to mention to OP to aim for that) from using penetrating shot which is applied to all skills, (30seconds long buff) which is also a earth skill which is what precision focus at, and then you can almost do 100% earth damage, it also debuff earth & fire res so helps the other skills too, including fire if you use that now and the n..

And for your talentbuild:
    Soulforce return, relaxation, Choking cloud, fierce impact, disable- none of those have even the tiniest effect on your dps which is what nicola was trying to get tips towards, aswell soul suspension a really weak add to dps, for me auto atk do more damage than the skill.. (not joking)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
  • Isock - EyrdaIsock - Eyrda Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Because you get steady ~10 crit chance bonus (if high fervor, forgot to mention to OP to aim for that) from using penetrating shot which is applied to all skills, (30seconds long buff) which is also a earth skill which is what precision focus at, and then you can almost do 100% earth damage, it also debuff earth & fire res so helps the other skills too, including fire if you use that now and the n..

And for your talentbuild:
    Soulforce return, relaxation, Choking cloud, fierce impact, disable- none of those have even the tiniest effect on your dps which is what nicola was trying to get tips towards, aswell soul suspension a really weak add to dps, for me auto atk do more damage than the skill.. (not joking)
    oh, i guess because i never use penetrating shot outside burst i never noticed that

yea i know, but i just feel so squishy as precision :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gamerking99gamerking99 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I followed this build for my lvl 90 prec mm alt that I started working on...I can't figure out how to set skills in his bot to maximize dps.

Haven't really worked on runes yet beside the max cdmg/cc buff so rune energy is pretty low.