test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pray?

fwtodayfwtoday Posts: 18 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
T;AngryWTH is going on with Pray?

It says I can't pray until I set a Patron God, but the only one available is the God of Luck who's current avatar is someone that I neither know nor give a damn about given his reputation.

So, am I forced to pray for a jerk in order to pray at all? Please tell me that choosing the only God available isn't some stupid, misguided attempt to make this game interesting because if so, it's failing miserably.
Post edited by fwtoday on

Comments

• viiixviiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Pretty much, yes. As long as there's an Avatar, you have to choose someone in order to pray. Once all 5 gods are up, you'll get 5 choices. Chances are you won't care for any of them also.
  • fwtodayfwtoday Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Oh, I'm pretty sure I won't since we all know that the ones who become avatars will likely be the over-powered, self-absorbed, egotistical, kill-stealing players that always seem to rule the servers simply because they can (and do) run rampant over other players and pretty much take what they want anyway.

I don't really care who becomes the avatar, but it's unfair to force us to honor them in order to gain the benefits of praying. God of Luck? Really? I chose Brimstone so now I have to wait for an avatar to be assigned or change Gods? Hey, FW...take your popularity contest and shove it.

• amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,042 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    whoever has the godship is going to get prayed to regardless so complaining about whether or not you like the person makes no difference...so just suck it up and do it if you want pray benefits or live without them (i bet you wont complain so much when you win lv3 gems from the god gift box you can get from praying ^_^)
    edited March 2015
    LMAO...as if that would ever happen. The most I get is a little exp to fill up the king's card.

As I said, I don't really care who gets it (even though it is annoying that normal players will never stand a chance), but I don't want to be forced to change Gods or give up praying until someone is the avatar for Brimstone.
  • viiixviiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    fwtoday wrote: »
    I chose Brimstone so now I have to wait for an avatar to be assigned or change Gods?

Nah, praying has no impact on your chosen god. It just gives these badges that nobody knows what to do with and the god with the most prayer at the end of the week get a nice box. So yeah, you're helping this person out with prayer, but it doesn't have any impact on you personally.

This DST time shift and how the server thinks it's a day behind screwed up Brimstone god, though. There should have been one based on god level and HR rankings. -sigh-

Edit: though yes, there's a chance to get a box from praying that contains a level 3 gem. Still worth doing even if you don't like the Avatar in question, especially this week since they're the only one, so they'll get the box regardless of if you pray or not.
  • ffapocalypseffapocalypse Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm not sure what i ever did to the OP, or what this "reputation" is he/she's heard of - it doesn't sound like 1st hand experience. I thought I've gone out of my way to treat other people with respect in my years here.

The fact of the matter is i gound my way to rank 11 at luck and was one of only 2-3 people eligible to be selected at random. i was as surprised as anyone when i logged on. If you don't want to "pray" to a person, then dont, but keep it to yourself.
  • saielakessaielakes Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You can still pray even if you don't choose a patron god. Just activate praying in bot settings. ^^
  • Thrashz - Storm LegionThrashz - Storm Legion Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I cant believe there is actually someone complaining about this...

guess people will complain about anything these days.
    [SIGPIC]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w379/SJEK1990/SacrificeQuote_zps77979225.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    <Hero of Summit of Elements><Terminator of Dark Dragon>
  • kayliemeowkayliemeow Posts: 36
    edited March 2015
    LOL ikr... people these days i swear...
  • w1ck3dnickw1ck3dnick Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    if you dont like being at PvP server, you can move to Illyfue server it is a PvE server.

There are lots of good guild there and helpful players.
    You just need to convince them you are not an alternate character.

and dont pray if you dont like, If you pray your just adding more points to that player and extend his godhood (or evilhood)

cheers
    edited March 2015
    I really don't care whether or not another player gets things. I just resent not having a choice in the matter. It's just another indicator of how broken so many things are since this new patch.
  • matthaight26matthaight26 Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You should know nothing is perfect. The thing is people always expect more. Not all ppl chosen as gods are bad, in server i play the god for luck gives pray and people get free things, and gems from praying. i never got gems for praying but everything is good as u dont have to do nothing, even if is just small amount of exp. Enjoy the game nd stop complaining, cause u waste time complaning instead of enjoying the game. Have a fun day.
    StormToy{Fire Mage}
    Illyfue Server
  • tutilake88tutilake88 Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm not sure what i ever did to the OP, or what this "reputation" is he/she's heard of - it doesn't sound like 1st hand experience. I thought I've gone out of my way to treat other people with respect in my years here.

The fact of the matter is i gound my way to rank 11 at luck and was one of only 2-3 people eligible to be selected at random. i was as surprised as anyone when i logged on. If you don't want to "pray" to a person, then dont, but keep it to yourself.

Basically, it doesn't matter to some people if you're actually a nice person or if you're just there to grind your game and mind your own business. If you've achieved more in game than some noobs because you invested your time or your money or both and naturally obtained more than them... you're an ****, period.

Or if you don't take bullcrap from anyone and reply to people who pick on you when you weren't even the one to engage a discussion... you're an ****, period.

I have an attitude sure, and i don't do well with fake asslickers or stupid people who will ruin other player's gaming experience and then i will interfere and tell them what i think... for that i'm an ****, period.

On my server for example, if i ever bothered to ask my haters why they hate me, I assure you 80% of them would not be able to give me a legitimate reason why. Because most of them, I've never run instances with, or haven't even spoken to at all in 4 years of being here, or haven't KSed them or done ANYTHING REMOTELY offensive to them, in person, directly to them. Not a single relation to them personally ane yet there they will be hating me with a flaming passion and tbh it's entertainig, it gives me and my friends a proper laugh every other day. I'm just me, I'm a **** sure but I don't actually go around doing douchey things like KSing people or closing AI NPC'S without actually using them (so others cannot benefit). All the actually douchey acts themselves are done by the harers, not the person being hated. So who's the real ****?

And yeah guess what I put all my extra soulpower i didnt need, to level up a God as well so i can get all the awesome passive skills to my already OP toon even stronger, and then i became the god of luck for this week, one week... And haters lost their absolute **** to that fact... Holy cow they got so worked up about the fact that i got god that there are random noobs attacking and calling out my name out of nowhere while i'm just running my instances and what not. It's so funny how much people care... And getting God turned out to not even be worth the effort because my vamp does 2-3 times more damage than the god mode skills. xD

So yeah, haters gonna hate even tho you've never actually done a thing to their own person. Rofl.... :3

Not my fault my pixels have better gears and what not than some other people, I care about the game so I invest time and money... If someone's not willing to do same and hate me for whatever non-reasons its not my problem.

Point is if you're being hated in a GAME you're doing sth right xD Let them be they're only hurting their own brainsss.
    jh93qt.jpg
    EvilSheep - Lv100 Dark Vamp - Illyfue
    Here since July 2011 <3
    <Balerion Slayer>
    <First In Server! Freedom Harbor Recovery Army>
    <First In Server! Terminator of Dark Dragon>
    <First In Server! Terminator of Khnum>
    <First In Server! The death of The God of Disaster>
    <Bloodletting Dispeller>
    <Decisive battle with the Bloodletting Beast>
    And another pile of never ending titles... Hue...
  • matthaight26matthaight26 Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    EveilSheep i never saw u doing something wrong in game, u worked for evertything u acchieved, good job. and keep going
    StormToy{Fire Mage}
    Illyfue Server
  • VanSat - Storm LegionVanSat - Storm Legion Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    U guys need to understand that is very usefull to have a god in pvp server... They have mass pvp and those skills are very wanted lol

There's absolute no reason for u guys in pve server bother but well the ppl geting on pvp are the big pkers so some wont get happy for sure.

the god of luck atm is always red, kill everybody that gets close to bosses, so the non allieds wont cheer for her lol

at least untill next week she is the only one. Lets see the other ones that will pop :D
    edited March 2015
    EveilSheep i never saw u doing something wrong in game, u worked for evertything u acchieved, good job. and keep going

Thank you, i appreciate that :)

also @ VanSat, you made a really good point. The god skills / system (aside from passive skills) are absolutely useless in pve servers for pve toons. And it doesn't work in x-server so really pooointless... And i feel sorry for people in pvp servers in the open world areas.
    jh93qt.jpg
    Here since July 2011 <3
    <Balerion Slayer>
    <Bloodletting Dispeller>
  • BlackLuster - EyrdaBlackLuster - Eyrda Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    tutilake88 wrote: »
    Thank you, i appreciate that :)

also @ VanSat, you made a really good point. The god skills / system (aside from passive skills) are absolutely useless in pve servers for pve toons. And it doesn't work in x-server so really pooointless... And i feel sorry for people in pvp servers in the open world areas.

Gods only work for IR for PvE Servers only.
  • CountVonCo - IllyfueCountVonCo - Illyfue Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I cant believe there is actually someone complaining about this...

guess people will complain about anything these days.

There's too many butthurt kids in this game, they love complaining about everything. Cos you know, getting free Lv3 gems from pray more frequently is a bad thing.

The only ones i see complaining are the usual fail players, who cant compete in anything on servers and just QQ about everything cos you know life is so unfair to them. If only they would get their head out of their asses to see what anyone can achieve in game with effort.

In the end, you cant really argue with dumb kids who dont have any perspective of the game, except the fantasy world they live in, where everything is sooo bad and anyone that beats them is a bad person, just cos they hear rumours from other haters etc. Kinda reminds of being back in school, all the whispers and gossiping and making bs about someone, just cos they jelly or whatever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Forever with Vepigi> | Lv90 PvE Dark Vamp

youtube.com/user/TheAdonisTUBE
    edited March 2015
    there's Too Many Butthurt Kids In This Game, They Love Complaining About Everything. Cos You Know, Getting Free Lv3 Gems From Pray More Frequently Is A Bad Thing.

The Only Ones I See Complaining Are The Usual Fail Players, Who Cant Compete In Anything On Servers And Just Qq About Everything Cos You Know Life Is So Unfair To Them. If Only They Would Get Their Head Out Of Their Asses To See What Anyone Can Achieve In Game With Effort.

In The End, You Cant Really Argue With Dumb Kids Who Dont Have Any Perspective Of The Game, Except The Fantasy World They Live In, Where Everything Is Sooo Bad And Anyone That Beats Them Is A Bad Person, Just Cos They Hear Rumours From Other Haters Etc. Kinda Reminds Of Being Back In School, All The Whispers And Gossiping And Making Bs About Someone, Just Cos They Jelly Or Whatever.

+1000000000000000000000
    jh93qt.jpg
    Here since July 2011 <3
    <Balerion Slayer>
    <Bloodletting Dispeller>
  • Sephmeister - EyrdaSephmeister - Eyrda Posts: 1,249 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I agree with this even though Sheepy and me had our moment of arguing too. But yea, once that moment of disagreement is over, we got to move ahead. No use holding a grudge and keep going after people. Guess some people just log into game to hate on someone else? lol :s
    | ★ <Total Darkness> ★ | ★ <Twin Emperor's Bane> ★ | ★ <Balerion Slayer> ★ |

"Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away."
  • Eklipze - IllyfueEklipze - Illyfue Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't like Evilsheep crying over everything otherwise she's okay.

/She paid me. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    I agree with this even though Sheepy and me had our moment of arguing too. But yea, once that moment of disagreement is over, we got to move ahead. No use holding a grudge and keep going after people. Guess some people just log into game to hate on someone else? lol :s

Yes but you see, that's what normal ppl do. People can argue and choose not to speak with each other again or move on and be over it. But holding a grudge and random calling out names in wc when the targeted person hasn't even said a word all day, is just plain childish. But oh well, happens all the time. xD

Funny thing is, you and I actually had a reason, there was an actual argument and some offense from both sides. Most people, have NO ACTUAL REASON, they're just pathetic and desperate for attention so they drop your name in world chat and that is kinda my whole point... It's the stuff that makes me facepalm.

/She paid me. ^^

387698e9ab5494794405ddd528afd1aa1390987526.gif
    jh93qt.jpg
    Here since July 2011 <3
    <Balerion Slayer>
    <Bloodletting Dispeller>
  • XGIOx - IllyfueXGIOx - Illyfue Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Pretty much this, game has so low population already that if we start to argue or living on hate on each others it makes no point, in the end we are here to have fun at least im.