Install Arc

Grudge Gathering - lvl 80 Demon Skill

SongsOfLig - EyrdaSongsOfLig - Eyrda Posts: 39 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
Casting with info for your reference :)
GTIB5Yn.png?1

After casting D:
xsNBiHh.png?1

I know a friendly French friend of mine said that this skill is working on intended, because he said that the CN videos show that the Demon kills itself from the skill. But from the (well translated) description of the skill, it didn't mention that I would be part of the target of attack! Is this a suicide skill until I reach a high level of HP to tank my own attack?
Post edited by SongsOfLig - Eyrda on

Comments

• amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,038 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    im guessing the damage you take is 'converted current hp into additional bonus damage' kind of like how sacrifice takes 10% hp to convert into damage. shouldnt kill you once you get to high hp since it has a limit of 5x your attack (theoretically).
  • ILikeBigGu - IllyfueILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Oh that damage in pvp though if you pull it of with RH, quick finisher xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
  • blazderblazder Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Intended, in fact theres a talent in Darkpact tree, Ominous Soul "Grudge Gathering wont kill you, but will instead leave you with 4% of your max health" at lvl 1/2
  • SongsOfLig - EyrdaSongsOfLig - Eyrda Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    blazder wrote: »
    Intended, in fact theres a talent in Darkpact tree, Ominous Soul "Grudge Gathering wont kill you, but will instead leave you with 4% of your max health" at lvl 1/2

Agreed. When the skill information said "convert...current health", I think it meant literally taking all of my current health (Unlike sacrifice, which takes only a portion) away in order to boost the final attack. Weird skill xD
  • Isock - EyrdaIsock - Eyrda Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    oh wow
    hum, so it always kills you no matter the HP or if you have 10k attack and have like 70k HP you survive?

because if you accidently click it and are almost full health, would be hilarious
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blazderblazder Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    oh wow
    hum, so it always kills you no matter the HP or if you have 10k attack and have like 70k HP you survive?

because if you accidently click it and are almost full health, would be hilarious

Thats what im not sure of, judging by that talent, my guess is the skills ALWAYS kills you, even if you have enough hp to survive it, the attack cap is just that.. an attack cap, so if you have insane hp this skill doesnt get out of control.
    edited February 2015
    blazder wrote: »
    Thats what im not sure of, judging by that talent, my guess is the skills ALWAYS kills you, even if you have enough hp to survive it, the attack cap is just that.. an attack cap, so if you have insane hp this skill doesnt get out of control.

brb will get more HP to test this, although my guess is just like yours...it is a suicide attack regardless of a super high HP pool.
  • sobe25sobe25 Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Unless spec'd in the talent tree, you die no matter what. Working as intended!
    xn855c.png
    Created by my amazing wife!
  • AeonRuin - LionheartAeonRuin - Lionheart Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Um, how do you miss the "converts each point of your current health to 0.5 additional bonus damage" part?

Also, bonus damage can not exceed 5 times your max attack.

Example: I have 5k attack, roughly, unbuffed with my demon. I would do up to 25k bonus damage. In order for me to survive, I would need over 50k hp when I use the skill.
    edited February 2015
    Um, how do you miss the "converts each point of your current health to 0.5 additional bonus damage" part?

Also, bonus damage can not exceed 5 times your max attack.

Example: I have 5k attack, roughly, unbuffed with my demon. I would do up to 25k bonus damage. In order for me to survive, I would need over 50k hp when I use the skill.
    I didn't miss the description. Name one other skill in the game that can easily suicide a character from using it. Everybody probably thought that this part of the skill description was only referring to dmg calculations and not actually transferring and depleting hp of the character.

Good in theory in your example but someone already mentioned that there is a talent that explicitly says that 01JMDXB.png?1
  • AeonRuin - LionheartAeonRuin - Lionheart Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I didn't miss the description. Name one other skill in the game that can easily suicide a character from using it. Everybody probably thought that this part of the skill description was only referring to dmg calculations and not actually transferring and depleting hp of the character.

Good in theory in your example but someone already mentioned that there is a talent that explicitly says that 01JMDXB.png?1

I didn't take the spec into account because it's not accurate to assume everyone went down darkpact. Do you have that talented spec or not? The image you provided says 0/2
  • BalthazarF - ShyliaBalthazarF - Shylia Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    yes it kills you. It take ALL hp and convert a maximum of 5 time your attack. Need to be used ... wisely ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alyusalyus Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I know as a BL war I needed 110k HP to survive that hit ;-; so damn scary. Left me with like 4k hp left lol but yeah. If you are in the tree on the right you can survive when you use it by a maximum of 8% of your HP.
    On 8/20/14 at 9:07 AM we have been informed that we lost another member of the FW team to go off to another title. RIP GreyjoyKraken. All hope for FW is forever lost...
  • BlackLuster - EyrdaBlackLuster - Eyrda Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    alyus wrote: »
    I know as a BL war I needed 110k HP to survive that hit ;-; so damn scary. Left me with like 4k hp left lol but yeah. If you are in the tree on the right you can survive when you use it by a maximum of 8% of your HP.

DU Sacrifice the Tormentor i'm sure they wont live after that hit.
  • CountVonCo - IllyfueCountVonCo - Illyfue Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Doesnt seem as OP as everyone making out, not worth the death compared to the dmg it does tbh. High HP Priest with shield + high res + cdef can easily tank it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcor8pJgM_Y

Here is some footage, ofcourse not endgame. Notice the suicide skill, seems to revive after use? (2:22)

The DoTs seem much more OP for me, 22k tick? Thats insane.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Forever with Vepigi> | Lv90 PvE Dark Vamp

youtube.com/user/TheAdonisTUBE
    edited February 2015
    Doesnt seem as OP as everyone making out, not worth the death compared to the dmg it does tbh. High HP Priest with shield + high res + cdef can easily tank it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcor8pJgM_Y

Here is some footage, ofcourse not endgame. Notice the suicide skill, seems to revive after use? (2:22)

keep in mind that the suicide was used during Divine Shield. So the dmg was reduced greatly.
    On 8/20/14 at 9:07 AM we have been informed that we lost another member of the FW team to go off to another title. RIP GreyjoyKraken. All hope for FW is forever lost...
  • nihooyanihooya Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Whats dots when u can be killed by 1 or 2 hits players, this game is not focused on doting players and what can u do, when u be swarmed by insane of amounts and long lasting CC, serious this game have way to much and to long lasting CC compared to dmg of skills(7s silence thats ****ing ages, 14s freezes, 3s stuns applied after a 1 second contionously)
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein

This really sums the ppl still playing and paying this game.

I wish You admcroxe to Die in Car fire.
  • conterkillerconterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i have the feeling that there is no way to survive this skill unless u talent it.. lol

idk why but i bet the skill consumes ALL your HP.. BUT the damage it does WILL be capped.. and it wont matter if u have more hp than needed to cap it..

which kinda really makes the skill not that awesome.. unless you are sure u are gonna wipe a whole lot of people with it and help your friends win a fight

edited February 2015
    i have the feeling that there is no way to survive this skill unless u talent it.. lol

idk why but i bet the skill consumes ALL your HP.. BUT the damage it does WILL be capped.. and it wont matter if u have more hp than needed to cap it..

which kinda really makes the skill not that awesome.. unless you are sure u are gonna wipe a whole lot of people with it and help your friends win a fight

Imagine popping that with RH in 3s or 6s....
    edited February 2015
    It's 5 second cast time by the way. In that amount of time, you can make tea, order fries, buy a home, file your tax returns, and then run away from the demon casting it.
  • conterkillerconterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's 5 second cast time by the way. In that amount of time, you can make tea, order fries, buy a home, file your tax returns, and then run away from the demon casting it.

Unlesss.. u combine it with a feast.. or sleep..
    itd be cool to see its practicallity in pvp..and if people run.. im sure the demon can just cancel the casting at the last second lol

• amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,038 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    >get rh
    >in 12v12 sneakily swim to middle flag area
    >cast it on unsuspecting fighters
    >???
    >profit (and giggle)
    edited February 2015

Fake casting is a thing...
  • Isock - EyrdaIsock - Eyrda Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    seems like some tormentor skills ignore the shields for classes

wouldn't be surprised if this did too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sobe25sobe25 Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Pretty much all dots/bleeds go thru shields.. And they are a dot heavy class.
    xn855c.png
    Created by my amazing wife!
  • CountVonCo - IllyfueCountVonCo - Illyfue Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited February 2015

A lot of the skills ignore resistance too, so that's why their DoT is so much higher than fire mage for example.

I think it's CN answer to having players cdef and ress tanked to the max and becoming unkillable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Forever with Vepigi> | Lv90 PvE Dark Vamp

youtube.com/user/TheAdonisTUBE
  • _Avenger_ - Eyrda_Avenger_ - Eyrda Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A lot of the skills ignore resistance too, so that's why their DoT is so much higher than fire mage for example.

I think it's CN answer to having players cdef and ress tanked to the max and becoming unkillable.

they kinda messed up on that, making a way overpowered class, a class that came already with slow casting debuffs, while the few of the classes that got that debuff had to get high energy to get that, then the dot is broken i must say, 22-24k tiks per sec n another 13k tiks every 2 or 3 secs, thats pretty much combining a blood vamp feast with the lv85 sin skill together, just from what i saw in that pvp video, they just made a class that can kill all the previous classes with no effort at all, i might be wrong cos i havent played the demon class, but doing 22-24k tiks per sec n the other tiks is way 2 much for a skill that can be spameable lol.

ill be terrified if they try to release a new class lol