test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help! Fix Neglected Main! NF to Present. Motivated to go from teh suck to avg+ TY!

Dyvim - EyrdaDyvim - Eyrda Posts: 89 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Marksman Discussion
I know I don't post too often on the MM forums. I don't have much time to do posting, but thanks for your comments Guns, Isock, and a few others. After slacking for so long on my character with a Burst / Prec awful hybrid build, bad outdated runes, and way behind on gears... I'm finally motivated to change my character and be useful outside of PvE which is all I have been good for since Night Fall.

I'm going to try full precision and your input has helped a lot. I haven't been Precision in over 2 years so can't wait to see what it's like now. Hoping to survive the occasional 1v1 after switching spec, hoping... Gear very outdated. Currently using War God mostly (5 set bonus), war god shoulder, got 85 zod equipped, 1st piece of 85 champ helm currently working on and prioritized thanks to ESHM yesterday, and ele hands being worked on. I'll try and make some comment with my new spec after I play with it the next couple weeks. I am not on too often so I'm sure I'll need 2-3 weeks of playing to feel competent commenting.

Anyways, thanks to all the active MM's that have helped keep this forum up to date to help slackers like myself.

A - PvP / B - Precision / C - Group Support and Utility / D - PvE capability are my main concerns from most important A to D least important with my new changes.

Things I've always wondered about: Usefulness of:

1) Burst Talent - Soul Resistance 4/3 ??? anyone ever try it, might be worth it with Soul Resolution duration going from 10 > 15 sec. Perhaps definitely for a Soul Build with double shield.

2) Stone Smelt 4/4 or 5/4 - I realize very situation-based with need of careful timing to be effective. Best used within an arena team, or solid party of friends? Anyone ever give it a go and see what it's like?

3) Soul Guidance - rare as hell rune at least on Eyrda. I only know of OneShot having it. No one answered Isock's previous post, does it even work ?

4) Weakpoint Tag - If going 6/5 ie. using a rune slot for an extra 2 second mark duration, 5 > 6% defense reduction, and 15 defense. sounds lame, gotta be something better?

5) I agree on what Guns commented mostly for rune priorities for Precision, but I am so far behind on runes I'd be interested in suggestions for replacements on, until that glorious day comes I get any one of these below.
1x Master Sniper
1x (True) Encourage - don't think anyone on Eyrda has this tbh
4x Soul Guidance - as rare as Master Sniper on Eyrda.

6) With Forsaken Falls Class Balance. I've noticed they're trying to boost Soul Spec effectiveness again, how does the new balance factor in to a Precision vs Soul MM. Just by glancing at the updates, all of the changes will benefit a Soul MM, whereas Precision / Burst MM's get only a few benefits. Also taking into account Iron Skin nerf, don't know much about that, just heard someone mention it, as well as Soul Resolution going from 10 > 15 seconds, soul bullet regen with CST on, and increased Soul Bullet from QR. Sounds really nice for MM in general, but definitely all Soul contributions.

7) Lastly perhaps, some of you could comment on the viability of 85+ gear sets or mix and matches. I'm aiming to be useful in PvP like the good ol days pre-NF for me LoL. There aren't too many #1 main character MM's left on Eyrda. Me, Isock, Gwenny ? Krogun and OneShot are the best geared, rich bishes, but either not their Main or under New Ownership and no longer a main, so need input from other server MM's how to best mix and match 85+ gears for my goal. I can only have 1 set as well, I don't have +12 gears waiting to be used for a second set unfortunately.

Long post, so i'll cut it off, and comment later with more questions.
Thanks for any and all input, suggestions, thoughts, and ideas!
Post edited by Dyvim - Eyrda on

Comments

• Isock - EyrdaIsock - Eyrda Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    stone smelt isn't very good, it seems like can be effective but i would rather use the runes/points somewhere else, but if you want to make pulse shot somewhat usefull then go for it

soul guidance is a very small 1% buff, so ehhh, even if it works is kinda meh

weakpoint tag 6/5 i would have if the rune price was low enough, extra damage never is bad

the new marksman changes make precision more viable to use whti CST active, now that you can make bullets at will, also burst can now spam its skill far more often

and the effect of soul resolution is still 10 secs shield, 15 secs bleed immunity (ye, weird) soo is basically the same skill but whit more security against warrior/vampires and soon enough demons

7) Lastly perhaps, some of you could comment on the viability of 85+ gear sets or mix and matches. I'm aiming to be useful in PvP like the good ol days pre-NF for me LoL. There aren't too many #1 main character MM's left on Eyrda. Me, Isock, Gwenny ? Krogun and OneShot are the best geared, rich bishes, but either not their Main or under New Ownership and no longer a main, so need input from other server MM's how to best mix and match 85+ gears for my goal. I can only have 1 set as well, I don't have +12 gears waiting to be used for a second set unfortunately.

jajaja :p, im still a main for the record

well the patch notes said there would be new wargod gear, but so far seems like the champion gear and a few pieces of the set work just fine, also the purple 85+ gear seems to be a good option if don't wat to get champion or set

EDIT: the shield now last 15 secs, after the maint after the patch, it started to work
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyvim - EyrdaDyvim - Eyrda Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thx for a quick reply Isock. Ya i know you are a main, there are not many of us left though. I know I don't play a lot but who else is out there me, you, gwenny, even saw Juliye today lol. /shrug

Thanks for letting me know about Stone Smelt, definitely will pass on that until they reduce Pulse Shot c/d I suppose.

Still curious about Soul Resistance, but I'm afraid it will be a big disappointment.

I didn't even notice in game Soul Resolution didn't get updated to 15 sec duration. That really sucks, I was kinda excited about that since 10 sec really blows for precision and burst mm's. I read the MM updates so fast ya you're right it doesn't say anywhere duration increased dangit. Only the immunity to damage reflection from 10 seconds to 15 second. Gosh we really could use a longer shield duration, but whatever. Maybe I suppose that answers the Soul Resistance curiosity as well....

I checked out the lv88 Champion Rank 4 Gears. Killer stat upgrades and more PvE Intensity. You can purchase Hero Medals and convert your Lv85 Rank 3 Champ Gears to Lv88 at a fair deal. One of our guildies tried to do her lv3 Champ Hands, but she said she needed 50x Hero Medal Scrolls @ 100 champ rep a piece so 5000 champ points + 2SD or was it 2D I can't remember. Either way, while that sounds like a ton of champ rep, and it is, buying Lv 4 Champ Gears straight from NPC are crazy high. I only looked at once piece and it said 14000 champ rep. So Hero Medals are definitely the way to go unless you are lucky enough to get the gears from the new instance or wherever they drop.

Checked out the new Jewelry as well. I personally was hoping I could trade lv77 FF ring / necks for battlefield points, but nooooooooo, they did it where, instead of paying 300K BF points for an 85 ring / neck you can (Substitute 1 old Lv77 FF Ring or Neck, but also need 150k BF points which are needed to purchase 3 Mithril Shards or something like that at 50000 BF points a piece. Then you can trade that in for a new Lv85 FF Neck / Ring. So ya, get back to doing Fjord and the new Ice/Fire 12v12's. Those are the major things I looked into the last hour we were able to play. I'll post more as I find out.