test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fire mage build (need a new one) best for good PvP too

Arizakma - IllyfueArizakma - Illyfue Posts: 10 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Mage Discussion
http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=hum&b=t1a15t1b15t1c12t1c24t1d23t1d43t1e13t1e21t1f12t1f44t1g24t1h13t1h22t1i13t1i22t1i43t1j23t1j33t1k23t1k32t1l21 so this is my build, very noobish I think, got it since I started to play, but now Im noticing it could be better. Any advice pls ?
Post edited by Arizakma - Illyfue on

Comments

• Rebarg - IllyfueRebarg - Illyfue Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    alright so this is my PvP build
    You need a couple of runes to make it work properly. I have two fireball explosion runes so it's 6/5, transform is 4/3 from runes, adv. FoF 5/4, FireShield 3/2, FireMeditation 4/3. To be honest, my favourite talents are related to the speed buffT;Away but I don't want to put any points into them, better to get it from runesT;Moustache
    If you find it hard to get the right runes and your attack isn't high just put one point into the Magic DispelT;Shocked
  • AeonRuin - LionheartAeonRuin - Lionheart Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is my talent tree for Fire.

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=kin&b=t1a15t1b15t1b22t1b43t1c12t1c24t1d33t1e11t1f12t1f46t1g24t1g33t1h22t1h32t1i13t1i22t1j23t1j33t1k23t1k32t1l21

My talent tree in a nutshell:
    - Maxed Fireball
    - Learnt Flame of Fury 4/4
    - Maxed out all skill cooldown rates.
    - Maxed out all talents to increase burn damage.
    - Put points into increasing crit damage.
    - Put points into the PvP skills for that PvP competitiveness.

What I didn't do?
    - Put points into Vaporise so I could have a chance to reset fire skill cooldowns. Why? The cooldowns are already fast enough, don't need to waste points into making them instant when they can be better off elsewhere.

- Put points into Fire Barrier. Why? I can increase this through the Mastery and Resistance training easily with **** Road. I don't need to waste points for another 45.

- Put points into Lingering Fire to deal 8% of my max mana as extra damage. Why? You would only do this if you had a Wind Mage partner you did everything with or you went with a Fire/Wind Hybrid build.

- Put points into Advanced Flames of Fury. Why? 4 points to reduce resistances by 60 doesn't prove to do that much of a difference. I would much rather have these points in Master of heat to reduce defence by 45 per stack up to 10 stacks (450 Defence) with any fire skill that hits than reduce Fire, Wind, and Water resistances by 20 per stack up to 3 stacks (60) with only one skill.

- Max out Rage of Demons. Why? 3 points for 150 burn damage is not worth it and are better allocated elsewhere. I only have a point in there to unlock the cooldown talents.

- Reflex Mirror to reduce accuracy of the attacker by 3, 6, or 9 points which stacks 10 times. Why? You don't want to be in a situation where you are taking damage at all. We wear cloth armour for a reason! We're not suited to be withstand so many hits. We just need the HP so we don't die in one shot and survive long enough for priests to heal us.

Good luck with your build and make sure to leave them all extra crispy!
    T;Shocked
    edited November 2013
    This is my talent tree for Fire.
    - Put points into Advanced Flames of Fury. Why? 4 points to reduce resistances by 60 doesn't prove to do that much of a difference. I would much rather have these points in Master of heat to reduce defence by 45 per stack up to 10 stacks (450 Defence) with any fire skill that hits than reduce Fire, Wind, and Water resistances by 20 per stack up to 3 stacks (60) with only one skill.

so you'd put 3 points to decrease their defense by 450 which is sort of equal to increasing your attack by 450, rather than spend 5 points on Force of Protection to get your base attack to 13k+T;Kissing sweetT;Applauding
    edited November 2013
    so you'd put 3 points to decrease their defense by 450 which is sort of equal to increasing your attack by 450, rather than spend 5 points on Force of Protection to get your base attack to 13k+T;Kissing sweetT;Applauding

You need to be hit 5 times consecutively for this to apply and the buff only lasts 5 seconds. I would prefer not to be hit at all as a mage, personally. The 450 defence (45 per stack up to 10 stacks) debuff allows everyone to hit that target harder, not just myself.
    edited November 2013
    You need to be hit 5 times consecutively for this to apply and the buff only lasts 5 seconds. I would prefer not to be hit at all as a mage, personally. The 450 defence (45 per stack up to 10 stacks) debuff allows everyone to hit that target harder, not just myself.

even if u get hit once u get the buff =) and u need to hit 10times for 450 defense reduction? the thing is.. if you're in 3v3 and manage to stay away without getting hit then well done for helping most likely one person to hit harder. if you're in massive pvp there's no way to stay out w.o being poked at allT;Shocked
    edited November 2013
    even if u get hit once u get the buff =) and u need to hit 10times for 450 defense reduction? the thing is.. if you're in 3v3 and manage to stay away without getting hit then well done for helping most likely one person to hit harder. if you're in massive pvp there's no way to stay out w.o being poked at allT;Shocked

I just noticed that I forgot to mention that my build was a PvE/PvP build. Haha. If I was going to go full PvP then I would invest in Frost, not fire. Another point as to why I have 3 points into Master of Heat and none in Force of Protection is because I can allocate those points into reducing transforms cooldown, which is a lot useful in PvP.
    edited November 2013
    I just noticed that I forgot to mention that my build was a PvE/PvP build. Haha. If I was going to go full PvP then I would invest in Frost, not fire. Another point as to why I have 3 points into Master of Heat and none in Force of Protection is because I can allocate those points into reducing transforms cooldown, which is a lot useful in PvP.

B;Hello
    For your information that talent is useful in both PvP and PvE=D so I don't get your point and to make swift transform useful, you need to get a rune with that talent so why don't you get 4 of them and save the points?T;Kissing you're welcomeT;Moustache
    edited November 2013
    B;Hello
    For your information that talent is useful in both PvP and PvE=D so I don't get your point and to make swift transform useful, you need to get a rune with that talent so why don't you get 4 of them and save the points?T;Kissing you're welcomeT;Moustache

To each his own, really. I personally never use the Sinister Shield skill because I feel it's weak when compared with the other trees and eats through my mana quite quickly. In my eyes for PvP, Fire is just a supporting DPS role while Frost is more up on the front line preventing them from moving forward with freezes and burning their mana to halt their skill usage. Everyone has their own flow and excel in different areas. I state my build incase anyone else has a similar playstyle to mine.

Transform, Spark Burst, Magic Meditation, Fireball, Rage of Demons, Fireball, Vamp Racial, Fireball, Rage of Demons, Ice Shot, Fireball, Rage of Demons, Fireball, Transform, Fireball, Rage of Demons, Fireball. (Note, I am not using Flame of Fury because of the longer cast time it has)

This is how I generally attack and try to avoid facing Warriors. I'll fall back when a Warrior is up against me so a team mate can assist. I do not put myself in situations where I am taking damage, period. Mages are too squishy xD
  • GodsTeacher - EyrdaGodsTeacher - Eyrda Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Very good... This is almost identical to mine with a few MAJOR exceptions
    I dont use spark burst or ice arrow/shot. I am human so mine is a little different as well. Heres my big secret..... SHHH!!! I don't even have spark burst or flame of fury at all. By putting NO points in either I am able to max EVERYTHING else. Max dps with super fast cooldowns. I only have 2 skills but They cast amazingly fast and do max dmg. Transform is 4/3 as well. All points are in fire except the 4/3 I stuck in lighting for my mana buff. My thought is that it is pointless to spend 8-10 points in f.o.f. when rage is almost the same skill. I've thought about putting that freeze in there as well. I may get a compass and try it out but I will tell you this... f.o.f and spark burst will deffinately stay empty. That frees up a TON of points to play with. Btw, I am Chaotikiss on Eydra and I spam fireball.T;Cool
    To each his own, really. I personally never use the Sinister Shield skill because I feel it's weak when compared with the other trees and eats through my mana quite quickly. In my eyes for PvP, Fire is just a supporting DPS role while Frost is more up on the front line preventing them from moving forward with freezes and burning their mana to halt their skill usage. Everyone has their own flow and excel in different areas. I state my build incase anyone else has a similar playstyle to mine.

Transform, Spark Burst, Magic Meditation, Fireball, Rage of Demons, Fireball, Vamp Racial, Fireball, Rage of Demons, Ice Shot, Fireball, Rage of Demons, Fireball, Transform, Fireball, Rage of Demons, Fireball. (Note, I am not using Flame of Fury because of the longer cast time it has)

This is how I generally attack and try to avoid facing Warriors. I'll fall back when a Warrior is up against me so a team mate can assist. I do not put myself in situations where I am taking damage, period. Mages are too squishy xD
  • BalthazarF - ShyliaBalthazarF - Shylia Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My fire mage (kindred) talent tree pvp http://fwcalc.com/kindred-mage/#gsAgAAGA73G33zax2bbx0TTmhtHHHKKJK-WU-W-

with the following runes : 3 fire ball
    3 rune advenced wind rider
    1 rune flame inspiration
    2 rune steedy wind drive
    3 rune swift wind drive
    3 rune magic suppression
    1 rune fire shild
    1rune swift transfo

anima shield : lvl 3 lightening and lvl 3 regene

PVP abilities :

the first and must known is high dps and dots. This is obvioulsy something that matter a lot in pvp : the best control of the game is death^^. But a fire mage is not only that

control :

transfo :
    the best control of the fire mage is his transfo. with 4/3 the cd goes down to 10sec. The first transfo is 13sec, second one is 6.5sec. The fire mage is the only mage that can burry the transfo. with point in magic dispel, dispel applies a resi debuff. On top of that, the fire dispel drain mana (average 5k, based on attack) and life. This help oom, and can kills eva chars.
    While transfo, with water runes, opponents speed is down to only 10%, regene is lowered. With a few burn, opponents keep losing life while transfo

vampire kiss : 3 sec silence and life drain (based on max life). cant be included in various combo. (one i like cause can buy a lots of time, and makes people crazy is :transfo-dispel-transfo-dispel-vampire kiss-transfo-dispel (this is already 29 sec control and -13 500 mp, and can become much more^^)

silence on crits : nyos fire mage ( i have 81 color), silence 3 sec every time they land a crit while nyos buff activated (wich his really often)

absolute shield : mass 5 sec silence (the mage is silence too) it can be included in some defensive combo too . (following first exemple^^ : transfo-dispel-transfo -dispel-vampire -kiss-transfo -dispel - absolute shield-transfo-dispel , 40 sec perma cc and - 18k mana)

ice arrow and frost realm : bind targets . Help to kyte and can be included in some combo ( ex: ice arrow -fire ball-rage of demon - frost realm fire ball rage of demon)

nyos 70 bindind talent : opponent is bind when attacking me ( atm 2,1sec per skill, will be 3 sec soon)

speed is extra 120% 21.5sec duration, removing slow, binding effect and bleeds : help to kyte, farming red hand etc

I have lvl 5 white rune 40% extra wrath

fire ball 0.8 sec cast time 0.7 cd
    rage 0.8 sec cast time 2.8 cd

dispel : all defensive buff and vamp forms.

This is only basic info
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrflibbleukmrflibbleuk Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    the best thing for fire mages to do is if u want pvp go frost :D T;Cool

JOKES !! :D

I missu both baltha and rebarg :( Group Hug :(
  • BalthazarF - ShyliaBalthazarF - Shylia Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ahah miss you too bro^^ and fire mage are the best!!! and always handy when you want to make a barbecue party !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]