test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best PvE sin build?

gfiafldsfglkswdgfiafldsfglkswd Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Assassin Discussion
Hello,
I am looking for some advice on best pve sin tree, I am currently an edge/dark hybrid for pvp, and since I play on pve server, boss hunting is whoever has most dps, so I am considering opening dual talents. Here are a couple options I made

Keep in mind I’m doing hybrid trees for max agony and blast orbs for dmg on finishers.

http://fwcalc.com/human-assassin/#CsCs7ssAZpGZjzSjPk2-WsCg7psGZpGZ3aSjP-WsCs-

I went far in venom to get 20% base dmg on finishers, but am losing out on dust seal, compound blades, and ruthlessness, ruthlessness does work with all skills rather than amplified endings, but with the 140% dmg dealt increase from orbs (on both finishers), I thought it would be worth it. I didn’t take points out of drastic banish because I needed the points to unlock next tier, and I couldn’t get far in gouge line.

http://fwcalc.com/human-assassin/#CvCs7ssAZ-WsCg7pGAGpGZjaSbPkxx2m-WsCs-

Here is another option without amplified endings, and also losing out on pain amplification(not that this one is a big deal but still kinda helps).

People don’t seem to like to put points in drastic banish, and dual stings, but I think two orbs for one skill would be very good, though 36% and 32% would be kind of low, (runed), if you disagree with any skills in the trees which would you put points in to replace?

There is also the option of full venom, but there is the loss of cc from dyos tree(throat seal in rotation and keep 35 rune power, but it doesn’t have % increase to base attack, and I hear nyos is better for venom but not too sure about it) and it is harder to stack blast orbs for the finisher, also losing on 45% chance not to consume blast and seal knowledge(seal knowledge can be runed but lose space for others), the lv 90 patch opened some nice talents for venom. Without blast would lose however much dps was gained through seal knowledge, and 60% dmg on dark nightmare, and loss of rapid shadow % increase and cc from dark tree.

I don’t really feel full edge can exceed the dps of a hybrid tree or venom. Though massacre mastery and frenzied are good skills, do they outweigh everything else?

Rapid shadow chance increase in dark tree helps a lot for getting orbs fast to pump out finishers as soon as cooldown is done, and the base attack and cc increase for throat seal and thrust of pain. Of course the hybrid trees would require dual mastery, which isn’t a huge problem, I can reset some resistances to put in dark, and I already have lv 80 physical mastery.

People have told me hybrid…well using all 3 trees was a stupid idea, if you think it is as well, why?

For skill rotation I was kind of thinking
Throat seal-thrust of pain, if rapid shadow works, repeat, if not assassinate(assassinate isn’t that great but it does have the chance to generate orbs, maybe would be better to replace with something else)-max orbs-nightmare termination, if no orbs consumed-dark nightmare- if blast orbs consumed-throat seal-if agony consumed-thrust of pain-if both consumed repeat from start.

Thank you for your time.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Idolon - Storm LegionIdolon - Storm Legion Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just going to aim at the crux of the matter for now.
    People have told me hybrid…well using all 3 trees was a stupid idea, if you think it is as well, why?

from how i see it, the cons outweigh the pros.
    You may have spammable abilities and never worry about orb usage, but your finishers will be weak, and are heavily reliant on ToP/TS. At the same time, if you had gone full or mostly venom you have given up Intensified Nightmare, Seed of Agony, Darkness Expert, Abomination, and Mutilation(and its bonus talents), all quite powerful venom talents.

a pure venom Dark Nightmare gets +320% damage, and their Mutilation hits very hard for an aoe
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta
  • gfiafldsfglkswdgfiafldsfglkswd Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The reason I made this build was for the finishers, to use both finishers instead of one, if I went full venom I probably wouldn’t use seed of agony since I don’t think it works on bosses anymore, besides vexxors. I can’t deny mutilation and added bonuses are really good (does the hp loss work on bosses?). I’m not too sure the increase of dmg with resistance reduction with intensified nightmare, but throat seal has to be in rotation to make abomination work doesn’t it? With full venom I am losing the base attack increase on that, the reason I wanted to keep bonuses on blast orbs was to spam finishers as soon as they were done. Does the 320% come from abomination? The cd on TS (used only for orbs) would be 5 seconds, it would take 20 seconds to build for a max dark nightmare, or else I would have to use an incomplete finisher. Would have to rebuild since all blast consumed as well, the 16% crit dmg from seal knowledge would also help total dps. Don’t get me wrong I’m not against full venom, I'd just like to be sure I'm using the best dps that suits world boss killing.
  • Idolon - Storm LegionIdolon - Storm Legion Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The reason I made this build was for the finishers, to use both finishers instead of one, if I went full venom I probably wouldn’t use seed of agony since I don’t think it works on bosses anymore, besides vexxors. I can’t deny mutilation and added bonuses are really good (does the hp loss work on bosses?). I’m not too sure the increase of dmg with resistance reduction with intensified nightmare, but throat seal has to be in rotation to make abomination work doesn’t it? With full venom I am losing the base attack increase on that, the reason I wanted to keep bonuses on blast orbs was to spam finishers as soon as they were done. Does the 320% come from abomination? The cd on TS (used only for orbs) would be 5 seconds, it would take 20 seconds to build for a max dark nightmare, or else I would have to use an incomplete finisher. Would have to rebuild since all blast consumed as well, the 16% crit dmg from seal knowledge would also help total dps. Don’t get me wrong I’m not against full venom, I'd just like to be sure I'm using the best dps that suits world boss killing.

side note, break up paragraphs so its not a wall of text x.x

Seed of Agony doesn't work on WB, neither does Mutilation.

Yes Throat Seal has to be in rotation, but you don't need much of it with Mutilation (that's one guranteed blast orb) and Drastic Banish runes (possible 2 orbs with one TS) you can easily get 1-3 blast orbs, without spending alot of time and at at the same time keeping a healthy dps. the only skill that will have a low dps with pure venom is Throat Seal, and Nightmare Termination. and yes the 320% comes from Abomination talent

Seal Knowledge may help, but think of all the points you have to spend to just get that. There are more efficient options to increase your damage.
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta
  • Nyos - NyosNyos - Nyos Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Even thought it sound good idea to relay around on finnisher skill, sure why not use 2 best dmg skill that can do best dmg, but there is a problem with that idea, is it really smart to get 2 mastery? What offhand you are goind to use.

For example if you can get lvl 80 mastery, it is not that worth to make them both to lvl 60 mastery each. In other hand if you can get both to lvl 80 mastery, you might as well as make it lvl 90 mastery on first and 60 on secound, just because you might sometime use secoundary mastery skill for pvp or for orb. At end tier when you start to get 9k+ attack, your mastery point start to take more effect that even your weakest skill can do better dmg than your best dmg low mastery skill.

For edge hybrid vs venom who do more dmg? Well at the end of the day it is all about who manage to cirt more. So build is not going to help you alot unless your stat favor them as well. Venom use more of high att stat, dmg are hight and more stable all time. Edge use more of cirt and with Intensified aggression, dmg suddently get very hight and then it get back to decend.

For me there is only 4 way to get best dmg.

Pure venom(Good finnisher dmg, spammable Dark skills)
    Hybrid Venom+Dark(Best ToP dmg with highest cirt rate and it is spamble)
    Hybrid Edge+Dark(Good TS dmg and have all physical skill to use nonstop)
    Pure edge(Imperiling Hack will have hight cirtrate and better dmg than flair, good cirtrate+dmg boost, deputy of death get 30% more cirtdmg)

On side note, i dont think it is always soo important to fill finnisher with both agony and blast orb at PVE, just get as many blast orb or agony orb as you can while you do good dmg and use finnisher every 8 secound is fine.

At PVP it is different ofc, you need blast orb no matter what tree you are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]