test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Lightning Mage for Beginners

2»

Comments

• IaiStrike - EyrdaIaiStrike - Eyrda Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    It was the reason I rolled a wind mage from start to finish. Although I feel like the talent points may be utilized elsewhere far more efficiently than now. It's more like a backup skill now imo. Shame you didn't get to use it, was a real rush to see everyone become useless. xD
  • Izabella_D - NyosIzabella_D - Nyos Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    a pure lightning mage here :3
    im glad you did all this for people :D gratz! :D
    i can say lighting mage is not so bad in pvp :P all the stunning realy get people in there, and mostly the healers :P im 49 and going all the way to the top ;)

roger and out
  • sigrathsigrath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Can someone post the talents without the calc cause thats down and i need them to look at
    [SIGPIC]http://img37.imageshack.us/i/sigstage1.png/[/SIGPIC]
    ^Sig By Knightmair Thank You!!

Alliance:xxxxxxxx
    Guild: xxxxxxxx
    Name: Sigrath
    Race: Dwarf
    Class: Marksman
    Level: ****
  • Nosthgil - NyosNosthgil - Nyos Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hi ppl, I got a couple of questions:

Does the "Advanced Transform" talent's duration time increase affect the time "Transform" skill lasts on players too? (PvP)

It worths to get the "Advanced Paralize", "Meditation of Wind" talents?
  • Dreamfyre - Storm LegionDreamfyre - Storm Legion Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I really like your guide! Thanks a lot :)
  • melodenmeloden Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for your guide! :)
    I'm really interested in Mages, but I find Fire to be boring.
    I really like Lightning a lot more, so thank you for making a Lightning spec guide!
  • Brsekr - IllyfueBrsekr - Illyfue Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Trying to find what exactly Thunder Tempest is and wind mage damage capabilities.
    Known facts:
    1) High Voltage buff is not generated during tempest buff;
    2) Purgatory of Lightning generates only one stack of High Voltage buff;

I searched forums, a lot of posts about Thunder Tempest, all info i found from different posts:
    1) reduces cooldown for 50-80%;
    2) increases critical chance for ?%;
    I wonder how much it approximately reduces cooldown and increases crit rate.
    I did some math presuming tempest buff reduces cooldown by 80% and increases crit rate by 40%:
    fire mage will do 63% more damage than wind mage without tempest buff;
    wind mage with tempest buff will do 17% more damage than fire mage.
    I would appreciate if someone will give tested in game values;
  • IaiStrike - EyrdaIaiStrike - Eyrda Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Thunder tempest is the state a wind mage goes into when they generate 8 high voltage charges. Thunderclap, streak of lightning, purgatory of lightning all generate 1 charge. Nature's fury will generate 2. Initially tempest mode is 10 seconds, but can go up to 14 seconds with talents.

Human wind mage with the c/d talents, both thunderclap and streak are 3 second c/d. Tempest mode reduces thunderclap to 1.5 seconds and streak to 0.5 seconds. Purgatory goes from 15 seconds to about 7.5 seconds. Nature's fury goes from 20 to 10. The critical chance nobody knows, because it's not stated. I'd guess maybe a 50-60% boost.
  • Brsekr - IllyfueBrsekr - Illyfue Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I am trying to figure what mage tree is better for instances. After adding this info to my calculations i came to result that wind mage has 50% more aoe damage, but in a small area. Probably wind mage need to use tricks to set monsters in correct position to use his aoe, but knockback may ruin this.
    I'd like to know what mage tree on practice do more damage and more useful in instance.
  • boonieratorboonierator Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    im curious what kind of gears you guys have?
    im cuurently at lvl70 my gears are all def hp and some are hit...
    would it be better if i switch to eva hit or purchase lvl70 arena set which is all resistance +7?
    your opinions are greatly appreciated...
  • Trueno - Storm LegionTrueno - Storm Legion Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    much tossing friend guide will really be impressed by everything you gathered I also use lightning-like mage talent that I love most are the high voltage and the blessing of Tunder because as my skills up time reduces the penetration Tunder and that if the maximum would be 3 seconds of the Tunder penetration and if we reduce the high voltage so much that we're talking very fast including skill and critical damage is stronger that the only thing bad about the wizard of lightning is that it has an ability to be more than just one goal but had a recharge rate of 2 seconds or something would be very good for pvp arenas in terms of respect has a lot of mp so if we add more gems mp high level throughout the entire frame to fill it would be like a powerful laser but somewhat defenseless against enemy attacks by good I mean I already have put my whole armor gems every part of my armor was 4 mp gems niv 3 and hit very hard but it is expensive and also you have to have lots of hp potions if you want to experience something really crazy but takes tremendous damage and was just trying to hit both the magician :D
  • curisufalsecurisufalse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Would just like to add something to your guide in the armor section since I am a Lightning Mage myself.

When you can afford or are lucky enough to get what I call the Evil Eye set, which can be obtained from Ancestral Catacombs(AC), its worth to at least get 7/8ths of this set.

This set uses the following items:
    • -Evil Eye's Skeleton (lvl 65 Staff)
    • -Catacomb Defense (lvl 65 Chest)
    • -Evil Eye's Pauldron (lvl 66 Shoulders)
    • -Shattered Shards (lvl 66 Pants)
    • -Evil Halo (lvl 67 Gauntlets)
    • -Evil Eye's Escape (lvl 67 Waist)
    • -Deep Footstep (lvl 67 Shoes)
    • -Evil Eye's Gaze (lvl 67 Helmet)

And this is their effects:
    • -(3) Wind Mastery +23
    • -(5) Accuracy +39
    • -(6) Mana +2370
    • -(7) Attack +265
    • -(8) Crit Damage +24.0%

I started using 7/8ths of this set at 70 (had to wait because I was buying pieces) and I'm ripping through mobs easily (and properly leveled ones at that). I would say for any lightning mage, you may want to look into getting this set because of the damage output I have gotten from it with it only at +5 for all pieces. But this set is not worth it UNLESS you get the attack bonus from having 7 of 8 pieces.
  • Runedoom - LionheartRunedoom - Lionheart Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    thnks for that i was a lvl 68 lightning mage(human) and its really confirmed what i though about them (THEYRE AWESOME) btw got any ideas on a good endgame gear setup? i was thinking TOK set with crit damage gem, damage gem and a few bloodstones?
  • solomonbrownsolomonbrown Posts: 8
    edited January 2013
    hey guys can anyone give me a link to a lightning mage build for pve. as im fairly new so i dont think ill be doing much of pvp because ill be getting whacked around like a rag x.x i havnt been able to find one and i cant post on the forums yet just reply to other posts. idk why its been about 5 days so far. So anyway if anyone has a build link plz post it for me ^^
  • randyjr002randyjr002 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Can someone tell me the actual best build to use 4 a lightning mage. there was a build on forum b4 transfer but cant find it now. please any help is appreciated